Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
speculative | speculatively
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Speculative Knowledge (51 P)
Pages in category "Speculative"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- A devotee is as thoughtful as a nondevotee is speculative
- A Vaisnava never agrees with the speculative system of the jnanis. Both the jnanis and karmis depend on direct sense perception for their imperfect knowledge
- After the Lord accepted the sannyasa order of life, He delivered not only Mayavadi sannyasis but speculative students, atheists and those who were attached to fruitive activities and unnecessary criticism
- All these various speculative philosophers are one in denying the existence of the Supreme Lord Visnu, and they are very much enthused to propagate their own theories and be recognized by the people
- An intelligent man does not try to understand the Absolute Truth by speculative or mystic power. Rather, he engages in devotional service & depends on the S.P. of God. He knows that whatever may happen to the body is due to his past fruitive activities
- Arjuna, as a devotee, does not depend on his speculative strength; rather, he admits his limitations as a living entity and acknowledges Krsna's inestimable position
- Bodily consciousness means sensual consciousness. Above that, there is mental consciousness, speculative, philosophical, poetic. Above that, intellectual consciousness. And Krsna consciousness - above intellectual consciousness
- Brahma said, "By the speculative method one may gain partial knowledge of Your cosmic manifestation, but it is not possible to understand You, the origin of everything"
- Brahma said, "Devotional service is so important that even a little attempt can raise one to the highest perfectional platform. One should not, therefore, neglect this auspicious process of devotional service and take to the speculative method"
- Brahma said, "The best process for understanding You is to submissively give up the speculative process and try to hear about You, either from Yourself as You have given statements in the BG and many similar Vedic scriptures, or from a realized devotee"
- I am glad to note that you have got the highest estimation for Gita. I am just trying to present the conclusion of Gita to the world as it is and without any imperfect compromise with speculative interpretations
- If you want to know Krsna tattvatah, in truth, then you have to go through this bhakti process, not by your speculative process. Krsna is not open to your sensual gratification
- Impersonal speculation aims at disproving the conclusion of the Vedas. Therefore any impersonal speculative presentation should be understood to be against the principles of the Vedas, or standard scriptures
- In the unconditioned stage the living entity directly receives knowledge from the Lord, and such a liberated soul acts flawlessly, without any speculative habit
- It was He (Krsna) only who withdrew the duration of life from everyone and who, in the battlefield, withdrew the speculative power and strength of enthusiasm from the great military phalanx made by the Kauravas, headed by Bhisma, Karna, Drona, Salya, etc
- One has to acquire pure knowledge from the authorized scriptures. So-called speculative arguments about the Absolute Truth are therefore useless
- One should not uselessly labor in mental speculation to estimate the Lord’s qualities. There is no need of adopting the speculative method or exercising the body to attain mystic yoga perfection
- Revealed knowledge may in the beginning be unbelievable because of our paradoxical desire to verify everything with our tiny brains, but the speculative means of attaining knowledge is always imperfect
- Ritualistic performances are in the field of karma. Speculative processes are in the field of jnana. One who has taken to bhakti, the devotional service of the Lord, need have nothing to do with karma or jnana
- Simply by the speculative process one cannot be freed from material bondage, for the cause still exists. One has to nullify the cause, and then the effect will be nullified
- Srila Rupa Gosvami mourns in this connection for persons who are in the fire of false renunciation, the dry speculative habit, and who neglect devotional service
- The ambition to corroborate the existence of the transcendental Absolute Truth by limited conjectural endeavors cannot be fulfilled, because He is beyond the scope of our limited speculative minds
- The dryness of material happiness cannot be moistened by so-called philosophers who cry for Brahman, liberation and similar dry speculative objects
- The first-class devotee is not interested in dry speculative methods meant for wasting time. In other words, one who has attained a mature determination in the matter of devotional service can be accepted as the first-class devotee
- The four major vices are (1) illicit connection with women, (2) animal slaughter, (3) intoxication, (4) speculative gambling of all sorts. A gosvami must be free from all these vices before he can dare sit on the vyasasana
- The highest stage of transcendental activity is always free from all material desires, fruitive efforts and speculative attempts at knowledge
- The members of modern civilization manufacture defective religious principles through speculative concoction. This is not dharma. They do not know what is dharma and what is adharma
- The process is very simple. You haven't got to take difficult processes like yoga system or philosophical, speculative system. That is not possible in this age
- The so-called path of bhakti practiced by unauthorized persons without knowledge of bhakti may be easy, but when it is practiced factually according to the rules and regulations, the speculative scholars and philosophers fall away from the path
- The speculative research work of a so-called scientist or philosopher is always interrupted when he dies, and the laws of nature go on without regard for his work
- The Vedas deal with three departments of activities. Jnana-kanda, the process of understanding the Absolute Truth by speculative methods
- They (pure devotees) do not concern themselves with many obscure speculative theories, which are in actuality so many stumbling blocks on the path of transcendental understanding
- This is a reference to the speculative theories of Gautama, Kanada, Patanjali and Kapila
- Those who are not conversant with factual knowledge put forward many speculative propositions about the real position of the living entity. It is admitted, however, by all schools of philosophy, that the living being is eternal