Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
space | spaced | spaceless | spaces | spacial | spacious
- not "outer space" or spaceships or spacemen or spacedress
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Space"
The following 86 pages are in this category, out of 86 total.
- A common living being or soul can be all-pervading within his own limited body, but the supreme living being is all-pervading in all space and all time
- According to Vedic understanding, the entire universe is regarded as an ocean of space. In that ocean there are innumerable planets, and each planet is called a dvipa, or island
- Actually, human life should be very easy, very easy. No hard work. Living very simple life and eating very healthy food, living in open space, no quarrel, no antagonism, everyone is happy, everyone is free. That is human civilization
- After purifying the seven planets near Dhruvaloka (the polestar), the Ganges water is carried through the spaceways of the demigods in billions of celestial airplanes. Then it inundates the moon (Candraloka)
- Akrura continued, "Space is Your (Krsna's) head, the demigods are Your arms, the oceans and seas are Your abdomen, and the winds and air are Your strength and vitality"
- All the hellish planets are situated in the intermediate space between the three worlds and the Garbhodaka Ocean. They lie on the southern side of the universe, beneath Bhu-mandala, and slightly above the water of the Garbhodaka Ocean
- All the planets rotate and cover space, and space is calculated in terms of atoms. Each planet has its particular orbit for rotating, in which it moves without deviation, and similarly the sun has its orbit
- All these subject matters (the Supreme Lord, the living being, nature, time and space and the process of activity) are concisely discussed in the Bhagavad-gita, and later the subject matters are elaborated in the Srimad-Bhagavatam
- As far as we are concerned, we cannot explain them (the subject matters of physics, chemistry, mathematics, astronomy, time and space) very thoroughly in terms of technical knowledge
- As he passed through cosmic space, he was surrounded by all kinds of demigods. This great incident is a powerful example of how Krsna consciousness can benefit the world
- Berlin is one of the most important cities in Europe and is one of the gateways to the communist world, and since your temple has a central location with good room space, everything is set for our preaching program
- Best thing is to get Bhagavad-gita printed on our own press, some soft bound and some hard bound, regularly sewn. Now in N.Y. we have got large space. If required we can increase by another press, but try to get all our books printed on our own press
- Dharma does not mean a particular type of faith. Faith is different thing. Faith is followed blindly or by social custom or something else. Faith is different. But dharma, either you change social custom, country, time, space, it cannot be changed
- Dr. Frog is trying to understand Atlantic Ocean comparing with his three-feet well, that's all. When he is informed that there is Atlantic Ocean, he's simply comparing with his limited space
- Elevated transcendentalists may sometimes forgo the rules and regulations of the Vedas, since they do not need to follow them, just as the demigods travel in space whereas ordinary men travel on the surface of the earth
- Even the highest planetary system, Brahmaloka, may be reached, but scientists say that it will take forty thousand years at sputnik speed. Who is prepared to travel in space for forty thousand years?
- Every living being is limited by time and space. Even though a living being is qualitatively one with the Lord, quantitatively there is a great difference between the Supreme Soul and the common individual soul
- He (Angirasa) could travel in space, and therefore he could present himself even in the planets of Brahmaloka and Indraloka. He advised the King of heaven, Indra, about conquering the demons. Once he cursed Indra, who thus had to become a hog on the earth
- He (Krsna) is beyond the existence of limited time and space, and because He is transcendental to time and space He cannot be covered by the illusion of maya, whose activities are limited
- He (Lord Visnu) was being worshiped by time, space, the cosmic manifestation, reformation, desire, activity and the three qualities of material nature. Lord Visnu, Brahma also realized, is the reservoir of all truth, knowledge and bliss
- He could travel in space by his great mystic powers, and it is understood that he traveled a great distance through space, even up to the Vaikuntha planets beyond material space. He traveled all these long distances within one year
- He created a vast expanse of water within the universal space & then impregnated that water with living entities. By that process of impregnation a massive body appeared, blazing like a thousand suns & in that body was the first creative principle, Brahma
- I am traveling all over the world. So much space lying vacant in America, in Africa, Australia. Why the Chinese or the Indians should be congested, overpopulation? But they will not allow. "It is my country."
- I do not know what is the length and breadth of the space, but a throne of Radha Krishna may be made exactly on the pattern of Los Angeles, and the sample picture is sent herewith for your guidance
- I have built the skyscraper skeleton, now you all intelligent American and European boys and girls fill in the spaces nicely in good taste. Do not deviate from our high standard. That will mean great dishonor to me
- I have several times said that there are ample space. There is no question of scarcity. Ample space. I am traveling all over the world. So much space lying vacant in America, in Africa, Australia
- If the land is not rocky and there is sufficient open space for pasturing ground so that we may keep cows all the year round, then it is a very nice proposal
- In one-fourth space there are unlimited number of universes, ananta-koti. This material world is situated in a one-fourth space, and three-fourths space in the spiritual world. Just imagine how big it is
- In the Bhagavad-gita, five important factors of knowledge have been delineated pertaining to (1) the Supreme Lord, (2) the living being, (3) nature, (4) time and space and (5) the process of activity
- In the open space there is sunlight, and therefore it is illuminated, but in the covering, because of the absence of sunlight, it is naturally dark
- In the process of glorifying the Lord there should be no restriction of time and space. This is called sanatana-dharma or bhagavata-dharma
- It is described that by hearing the vibration of Krsna's flute Lord Siva becomes very puzzled and begins to cry so loudly into space that the demons become vanquished and the devotees become overwhelmed with joy
- It is described that by hearing the vibration of Krsna's flute, Lord Siva becomes very puzzled and begins to cry so loudly into space that the demons become vanquished and the devotees become overwhelmed with joy
- It is stated herein that such sages, including Narada Muni, hardly ever travel on land; they perpetually travel in space
- Krsna asked whether he had seen something wonderful within the water or in space
- Krsna can accommodate an unlimited number of calves and an unlimited measurement of space. This is neither mythological nor false, but if we study Krsna's potency with our limited knowledge, that potency will never be possible to understand
- Krsna's knowledge is so perfect that He remembers all the incidents of His appearances some millions and billions of years in the past, but Arjuna's memory and knowledge are limited by time and space, for he is an ordinary human being
- Man-made satellites and mechanical space vehicles will never be able to carry human beings to the planets of outer space. Men cannot even go on their much-advertised trips to the moon
- Manu is the giver of law to mankind, and in the Manu-smrti it is clearly stated that before the creation the entire universal space was darkness, without information and without variety, and was in a state of complete suspension, like a dream
- Materialistic men can think, although very imperfectly, of the huge universal space, comprehending an innumerable number of planets as big as the sun
- Modern enterprisers (the astronauts who travel in space) may take information from Srimad-Bhagavatam that in space there are fourteen divisions of planetary systems. The situation is calculated from the earthly planetary system, which is called Bhurloka
- Modern scientists have stopped their brainwork by discovering the theory of uncertainty, but factually for a living being there cannot be any brain activity which is not checked by time and space limitations
- Narada is a spaceman who can travel unrestrictedly, not only within the material universes but also in the spiritual universes
- Nature is inert matter displaying the interaction of three different modes, and eternal time and unlimited space are considered to be beyond the existence of the material nature
- Not only were the demigods in space afraid of the demons Hiranyakasipu and Hiranyaksa, but so also were the aquatic animals within the sea
- O my Lord, everything within material nature is limited by time, space and thought. Your characteristics, however, being unequaled and unsurpassed, are always transcendental to such limitations
- One gopi said, "The sound Krsna produces with his flute creates such a nice atmosphere that the denizens of the heavenly planets, who travel in space with their wives and beloveds, stop their airplanes, for they are stunned by the vibration of the flute"
- Out of the five subjects (the Supreme Lord, the living being, nature, time and space and the process of activity), the Supreme Lord, the living entity, nature, and time and space are eternal
- Out of these (the Supreme Lord, the living being, nature, time and space and the process of activity), the Supreme Lord and the living being are qualitatively one
- Outer space is like an ocean of air. Just as there are islands in the watery ocean, these planets in the ocean of space are called dvipas, or islands in outer space
- Sahadeva said, "No one can be equal to or greater than Krsna in terms of time, space, riches, strength, reputation, wisdom, renunciation or any other consideration. Anything considered an opulence is fully present in Krsna"
- Sat means ever-existing for all time and in all places; in other words, all-pervading in time and space. Cit means full of knowledge
- Since I have come here to Letchmore Heath, I am improved in my health more than in India. The place is very calm and quiet. It is sufficiently spacious also. I walk within the village daily in the morning along with devotees and it is very pleasant
- So far the living arrangement is concerned, the grhasthas should be given chance to live together as husband and wife. If not, then all the girls can stay in a place and all the boys can stay in a place, if there is not sufficient space
- So far the new towers are concerned, not a single space should be allotted without my permission
- Sometimes the planets in outer space are called islands. We have experience of various types of islands in the ocean, and similarly the various planets, divided into fourteen lokas, are islands in the ocean of space
- Sri Yamunacarya has prayed as follows: "My dear Lord, I know that the gigantic universe and gigantic space and time within the universe are covered by the ten layers of the material elements, each layer ten times larger than the previous one"
- Thank you for your articles. They are very nicely written. They have given us a good amount of space. That means that we can present our philosophy in detail and they will read it
- The Brahma-samhita clearly describes Brahman, "The living entities, space, time and the material elements like fire, earth, sky, water and mind constitute the total cosmic manifestation, known as Bhuh, Bhuvah and Svah, which is manifested by Govinda"
- The elevated transcendentalist can surpass all the regulations of the Vedas, just as the demigods traveling in space surpass all the jungles and rocks on the surface of the globe, although a common man, has to face all those impediments
- The exploration of space has demanded the work of the greatest scientists of the world, yet there are countless problems regarding even fundamental knowledge of the material creation that bewilder scientists who confront them
- The fact that the atomic soul is within the body of a gigantic animal, in the body of a gigantic banyan tree, and also in the microbic germs, millions and billions of which occupy only an inch of space, is certainly very amazing
- The modern scientist is unable to know about the inner space of the universal horizon, and what to speak of the space which covers the universe
- The modern scientists who are trying to travel in space are having difficulty going even to the nearest planet, the moon, to say nothing of the highest planets within the universe
- The subject matters of physics, chemistry, mathematics, astronomy, time and space dealt with in the above verses of Srimad-Bhagavatam are certainly very interesting to students of the particular subject
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead then entered the universal space, and although He is invisible, He created the visible cosmic manifestation
- There is a gulf of difference between the Lord and the individual living being. The Lord is mentioned herein as the supreme living being unlimited by time and space
- They (Krsna and Balarama) studied the art of solving crossword puzzles, filling up the missing spaces and making complete words
- This is vyakta, this is manifested. Certain space is manifested, and certain space is nonmanifested. So this is called vyakta and avyakta. Sankaracarya says that Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is vyaktavyaktat sanatanah
- Time and space are two correlative terms
- Transform into a nice park this space
- Uddhava was certainly informed of the conditions of life on other planets, and all the sages were anxious to know of them, just as we are anxious to know about the planets in space
- Uti: the urge for creation, or initiative power, that is the cause of all inventions, according to the necessities of time, space and objects
- We cannot deny the existence of the ocean of milk as stated in the Srimad-Bhagavatam unless and until we have experimentally seen all the planets hovering in space
- What we see, this is manifested. And then it is... Nonmanifested stage is there, covering, covering of the universe. Oh, then that space is far, far greater than, ten times greater than this space. That is avyakta
- When Garbhodakasayi Visnu saw that within the universe there was only darkness and space, without a resting place, He filled half of the universe with water from His own perspiration and laid Himself down on the same water. This water is called Garbhodaka
- When one advances in research work by studying a limited substance within the limits of space and time, one is amazed by the various wonderful cosmic manifestations, and naturally one goes on hypnotically accepting the path of research work
- When the particles of dust were followed by drops of blood being sprinkled all over space, the dust cloud could no longer float in the sky
- When the space pilot returned from his travel (after forty thousand years), none of his friends would be present to receive him back as the greatest astronaut, as has become fashionable for modern bewildered scientific men
- While present on this earth, the Lord (Krsna) executed many uncommon activities, even traveling in space to bring down the parijata from heaven and recovering the son of His teacher (Sandipani Muni) from the regions of death
- While trying to satisfy Naradaji, Krsna said, "You are perfectly eligible to travel everywhere in space - in the upper, middle and lower planetary systems of this universe"
- You have got sufficient space. Produce flowers, fruits, vegetables and grains in ample quantities. We should be fully self-sufficient. I like New Mayapur very much
- You would have been pleased to see the excellent building (in Mayapur) that we have constructed. People say it is a unique building in all of Nadia district. There is ample space for 300 gentlemen to come and visit