Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Simplicity"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Arjavam - simplicity or freedom from duplicity - is a qualification of a brahmana and a Vaisnava
- As far as the brahminical quality of simplicity is concerned, not only should a particular order of life follow this principle, but every member of each asrama. One should be very simple and straightforward
- Austerity of the body consists in worship of the Supreme Lord, the brahmanas, the spiritual master, and superiors like the father and mother, and in cleanliness, simplicity, celibacy and nonviolence
- Brahminical qualifications, which are said to be as follows: truthfulness, self-control, purity, mastery of the senses, simplicity, full knowledge by practical application, and engagement in devotional service
- By brahminical culture, the development of the dormant qualities of goodness, namely truthfulness, equanimity, sense control, forbearance, simplicity, general knowledge, transcendental knowledge, & firm faith in the Vedic wisdom, one can become a brahmana
- His sweet words, His simplicity, His shyness, His humility, His constant readiness to offer respect to the elderly, and His charity. All of these qualities are considered ecstatic provocations for parental love
- Humility; pridelessness; nonviolence; tolerance; simplicity; approaching a bona fide spiritual master; cleanliness; steadiness; self-control - all these I declare to be knowledge
- In every country and in every sect of religion it appears that the women are more interested than the men. This simplicity of acceptance of the Lord's authority is more effective than showy insincere religious fervor
- It is said simplicity: even the enemy inquires from him some secret thing, he'll say, "Yes, it is like this."
- Narada said, "My dear sages, it is not very difficult to understand that because of his great goodness and simplicity, Vasudeva, who has become the father of the PG by accepting Krsna as his son, is inclined to ask us about his welfare"
- New Vrndavana provides an ideal setting for demonstrating the simplicity of naturalistic living based on brahminical culture and cow protection in Krsna consciousness
- Satisfaction, simplicity, gravity, self-control and purification of one's existence are the austerities of the mind
- Simplicity is all right, but one should not be unintelligent
- Simplicity means that without diplomacy one should be so straightforward that he can disclose the real truth even to an enemy
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura comments that saralata, or simplicity, is the first qualification of a Vaisnava, whereas duplicity or cunning behavior is a great offense against the principles of devotional service
- The real qualification of a brahmana is to control the mind and the senses, and to cultivate tolerance, simplicity, cleanliness, knowledge, truthfulness, devotion and faith in the Vedic wisdom
- The simplicity of brahmanical culture was an ideal to the subordinate others of the society
- The symptoms of a brahmana are control of the mind, control of the senses, austerity and penance, cleanliness, satisfaction, forgiveness, simplicity, knowledge, mercy, truthfulness, and complete surrender to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- These are the first qualifications. Then controlling the mind and the senses, simplicity, full knowledge, and practical application of knowledge, and faith in the Vedas and the spiritual master
- These are the general principles to be followed by all human beings: control of the senses, nonviolence, celibacy, charity, reading of scripture, simplicity, satisfaction, rendering service to saintly persons
- These things are very much eulogized in the society, child's simplicity, mother's affection. They are necessary. But they are not qualification to raise one to the spiritual platform