Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
shield | shielded | shielding | shields
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Shield"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- All the kings present, belonging to the Kuru dynasty, Matsya dynasty, Kekaya dynasty and Srnjaya dynasty, were very angry and immediately took up their swords and shields to kill Sisupala
- All together, accompanied by the conchshell, wheel, club, lotus flower, bow, arrows, shield and sword in His hands, these presented a grand and beautiful audience for Lord Visnu which captivated all the demigods
- As King Kartaviryarjuna entered his capital, Mahismati Puri, he saw Lord Parasurama, the best of the Bhrgu dynasty, coming after him, holding a chopper, shield, bow and arrows
- On the battlefield Lord Sri Krsna charged me (Bhisma), as if angry because of the wounds dealt by my sharp arrows. His shield was scattered, and His body was smeared with blood due to the wounds
- Out of grief and anger, Viduratha was breathing very heavily, and just to avenge the death of his brother (Dantavakra) he appeared before Lord Krsna with a sword and a shield in his hands. He wanted to kill Krsna immediately
- Riding on palanquins nicely decorated with silks, flags and golden lace, the sixteen thousand queens followed their exalted husband, Lord Krsna. The infantry soldiers carried shields, swords and lances in their hands and acted as royal bodyguards
- Rukmi, having run out of arrows, took assistance from swords, shields, tridents, lances and similar weapons used for fighting hand to hand, but Krsna immediately broke them all in the same way
- She (goddess Durga) was decorated with nice garments and flower garlands and ornaments; in her eight hands she held a bow, lance, arrows, sword, conchshell, disc, club and shield
- She (the younger sister of Visnu, Goddess Durga) was decorated with nice garments and flower garlands and ornaments; in her eight hands she held a bow, lance, arrows, sword, conchshell, disc, club and shield
- Sisupala did not care to think of the pros and cons of his foolish talking, and instead of stopping when he saw that all the kings were ready to kill him, he stood to fight with them and took up his sword and shield
- Taking up His fierce chopper, His shield, His bow and a quiver of arrows, Lord Parasurama, exceedingly angry, chased Kartaviryarjuna just as a lion chases an elephant
- The Narayana-kavaca shield
- The sharp arrows released from the bow of Dhruva Maharaja pierced the shields and bodies of the enemy, like the thunderbolts released by the King of heaven, which dismantle the bodies of the mountains
- The soldiers, their upper and lower garments waving in the breeze, naturally looked very beautiful, and in the light of the glittering sunshine their shields, ornaments and sharp, clean weapons appeared dazzling
- This chapter (8th chapter of the 6th canto of the SB) describes how Indra, the King of heaven, was victorious over the soldiers of the demons, and it also describes the shield of the Visnu mantra (the Narayana-kavaca shield)
- To take protection from this shield (the shield of the Visnu mantra or Narayana-kavaca shield), one must first touch kusa grass and wash one's mouth with acamana-mantras