Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
sever | severed | severing | severs
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Cut (9 C, 119 P)
Pages in category "Sever"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- Because of a false hope for happiness, the conditioned soul becomes involved in various plans for material activity. Here Maharaja Satyavrata prays that the Lord sever this hard knot of false happiness and thus become his supreme spiritual master
- Bhakti-yoga severs the hard knot of material affection and enables one to come at once to the stage of asamsayam-samagram, understanding of the Supreme Absolute Truth Personality of Godhead
- I have never said that my disciples should sever all relationships with friends, relatives and others
- In the course of the battle, the warfield became strewn with the severed heads of heroes, their eyes still staring and their teeth still pressed against their lips in anger. Helmets and earrings were scattered from these severed heads
- In the ocean, however expert a swimmer one may be, the struggle for existence is very severe. If someone comes forward and lifts the struggling swimmer from the ocean, he is the greatest savior.
- Indra, King of heaven, severed the heads of Bala and Paka and released the weapon known as kulisa, the thunderbolt, against Namuci's shoulder
- O Lord of the universe, soul of the universe, O personality of the form of the universe, please, therefore, sever my (Kunti's) tie of affection for my kinsmen, the Pandavas and the Vrsnis
- One who is serious about making his life perfect surely adopts the sannyasa order of life in spite of all difficulties. The difficulties usually arise from having to sever family relationships, to give up the connection of wife and children
- The arms, thighs, necks and legs of the soldiers were severed, and their flags, bows, armor and ornaments were torn apart
- The heroes who died on the battlefield immediately became ghosts, and although their heads had been severed from their bodies, new trunks were generated, and these new trunks, seeing with the eyes in the severed heads, began to attack the enemy
- They severed one another's heads, using weapons like bhusundis, cakras, clubs, rstis, pattisas, saktis, ulmukas, prasas, parasvadhas, nistrimsas, lances, parighas, mudgaras and bhindipalas