Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
settle | settled | settler | settles | settling
- VedaBase query: settle or settled or settler or settles or settling not "settle up" not "settled up" not "settle them up"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Settle"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- A father gives education to his son to earning livelihood, gets him married, and settles him, but he knows that "This kind of business, earning money and marrying, begetting children, I have done, but I am not satisfied"
- After the death of Maharaja Pandu, his wives settled that one should remain and the other should go. Madri would perish with her husband in the fire, and Kunti would remain to take charge of the five Pandava children
- Although as a devotee he (Maitreya) externally expressed surprise, as if he did not know how to reply to those questions, he immediately became perfectly settled and properly replied to Vidura
- Balarama said, "They (the Yadus) were preparing to attack the whole kingdom of the Kuru dynasty, but I pacified them and took the trouble to come here to settle the affair without any fighting. Yet these rascals behave like this"
- Because of this Syamantaka jewel, there was a misunderstanding between King Satrajit and the Yadu dynasty Later the matter was settled when Satrajit voluntarily offered Krsna his daughter, Satyabhama, along with the Syamantaka jewel
- I am going to San Francisco on Wednesday 5th July, and on July 9th there will be Sri Sri Jagannatha Deva Rathayatra maha festival. I don't know how successful it will be, but the program is settled
- I am pleased to know that you are working hard in the service of Krsna and feeling settled in your engagement. Please take this movement very seriously
- I am very glad to hear that you are settling into some steady service. Krishna is sending us so many children and they must be nicely guided and educated so that they can grow up to become first-class Vaisnavas
- I am very much anxious to go there to Florida, because I have heard so much about this city, and because many retired men go there to settle. I am always anxious to open a center there to attract these retired men
- I have gone through your translation, but it is not acceptable. We have already settled with a Vrindaban gentleman. I am returning herewith your manuscript. Thanking you
- If people actually become God conscious, all quarrels can be settled outside of court
- Instead of fighting with them (Kurus), He (Balarama) wisely thought, "let Me go there and see the situation, and let Me try to see if the fight can be settled by mutual understanding"
- It is to be settled up that dharma means the injunction of the Supreme Narayana. And adharma means that you manufacture something out of your own fertile brain
- It was settled later on that the eagle (Indra) would accept flesh from the body of the King (Sibi) of the pigeon's (Agni) equivalent weight. The King began to cut flesh from his body to weigh in the balance equivalent to the weight of the pigeon
- Lord Balarama came personally to settle the matter, and, as a powerful ksatriya, He ordered them to free Samba immediately. The Kauravas were superficially insulted by this order, so they challenged Lord Balarama's power
- Lord Krsna, Bhima and Arjuna asked Jarasandha for the facility of fighting him, and it was settled that Jarasandha would fight with Bhima only
- On the expiry of fourteen years, after settling the affairs at Lanka, the Lord came back to His kingdom, Ayodhya, by flower plane
- On the expiry of fourteen years, after settling the affairs at Lanka, the Lord came back to His kingdom, Ayodhya, by flower plane. He instructed His brother Satrughna to attack Lavnasura, who reigned at Mathura, and the demon was killed
- Raghunatha dasa arranged a meeting between his uncle and the caudhuri. The matter was settled, and everything was peaceful
- Rukmini's marriage with Sisupala was already settled; therefore she suggested that Krsna kidnap her so that this might be changed
- Rukminidevi, replied, "Dear Draupadi, it was practically a settled fact that princes like Jarasandha wanted me to marry King Sisupala"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya then submitted that Paramananda Puri Gosvami would accept a five-day invitation at his place. This had already been settled before the Lord
- Since the argument (about Samba's release) was not settled, Balarama showed His power in such a way that all of Hastinapura trembled and would have been vanquished as if by a great earthquake
- So far my writing is concerned, yes I want to settle down somewhere and write my books. That is my aim
- The center has become cumbersome on account of mismanagement. Things must be settled before Shayamasundar can take charge again. These bills presented by different creditors on account of jewelry business must not be paid by ISKCON
- The foolishness of gross materialism is that people think of making a permanent settlement in this world, although it is a settled fact that one has to give up everything here that has been created by valuable human energy
- The matter was settled, and to please the newly married couple Lord Balarama arranged to send a dowry consisting of an abundance of riches, including elephants, chariots, horses, menservants and maidservants
- The message (by Paundraka to Krsna) contained the following statements, "If out of Your (Krsna's) gross impudence You do not care for my words, then I challenge You to fight. I am inviting You to a battle in which the decision will be settled"
- Then (after Balarama showed His power) the matter (Samba was arrested after he abducted Duryodhana's daughter) was settled, and Samba married Duryodhana's daughter
- They (Kurus) simply wanted to see Him (Balarama) exhibit His inconceivable strength. Thus with great pleasure they handed over their daughter to Samba, and the whole matter was settled
- They very much satisfied the Lord by incessantly pouring flowers from the sky. When everything was very nicely and joyfully settled, the cows overflooded the surface of the earth with their milk
- This man is playing some trick so we shall also play some trick. We shall take all the Shebaits to court and pray to the court to settle the matter
- Yes, the idea to make S.F. our headquarters, that is in my mind, but that church is not yet settled. The man is prolonging it. Actually, if you get the church I shall make that my headquarters, and I shall come there to your temple occasionally
- You have got nice costly car, then it drives very comfortably, but if you have got a less costly, cheap car, then you are not so comfortable. Similarly our comforts and discomforts are already settled as soon as you have got a particular type of body