Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
secrecies | secrecy | secret | secretive | secretly | secrets
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Krsna's Secrets (3 P)
- ► Secret of Success (2 C, 20 P)
- ► This is the Secret (16 P)
Pages in category "Secret"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.
- Among all means of suppressing lawlessness I am punishment, and of those who seek victory I am morality. Of secret things I am silence, and of the wise I am the wisdom
- Anyone who has got money, he has got power. That is open secret. What is the secret? (laughs) If you have got money, you have got all power
- Arjuna's secret weapons were safely kept in the custody of a somi tree, and he ordered Uttara to get them back
- Because they are bewildered by the illusory energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Yajnavalkya and Jaimini and other compilers of the religious scriptures cannot know the secret, confidential religious system of the twelve mahajanas
- Brahmacari, one who is not married, simply working under the order of the spiritual master, he has also cent percent time to work. So these are the secrets, that one has to work for Krsna
- Dhanur-veda, or military science, was taught by Dronacarya with all its confidential secrets of throwing and controlling by Vedic hymns
- Do you know that mantra? You cannot speak. It is secret?
- During the British rule there was a secret policy by the British to cut down the Vedic civilization in India
- Ekanta-bhakti means unalloyed devotion. This is the secret of devotional life. Even God is not physically present, a devotee can be very much exalted by devotional service. That is the teaching of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Even if you don't do anything, if you simply restrain your sex life, you become a very powerful man. People do not know the secret. So anything you do, if you want to do it with determination, you have to stop sex life. That is the secret
- Even in the material world, the father of many sons discloses the secret of his position to the pet sons. The father discloses the confidence unto the son whom he thinks worthy
- Here is the secret of yoga system. Yoga indriya-samyama. The real purpose of yoga is to control the senses
- How Gopala ate everything while the food remained the same was transcendentally perceived by Madhavendra Puri Gosvami; nothing remains a secret to the devotees of the Lord
- How the demigod had been obliged to accept the body of a lizard was not a secret to Lord Krsna, but still, for others' information, the Lord inquired
- If a mantra has so power, why it should be secret? It should be distributed. People are suffering. So Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Chant this Hare Krsna mantra. Anyone who will hear... Even the birds and beasts will hear and they will be liberated"
- If I would have prescribed some gymnastic process and if I would have charged fifty dollars for some secret mantra, then your countrymen would have followed me. Because it is presented very simply, although very sublime, we don't get any followers
- If we follow in the footsteps of such great personalities (as Lord Siva and Lord Brahma) and become devotees of Lord Krsna, our lives will become successful. Unfortunately people do not know this secret
- If you can protect yourself under the cover of law and you cheat others, then it is nice. But you cannot cheat the supervision of the Supreme. That you cannot do. A thief may steal secretly, but there is no secret. There is no secrecy for God
- In beginning His teaching of the Gita, the Lord said to Arjuna, "Because you are My devotee I shall teach these secrets to you"
- In other words, when a pure devotee speaks, his words act upon the hearts of the audience. What is the secret of hearing and chanting?
- In spite of all advancement in knowledge by use of the resources of nature, no one is happy in this material civilization. The secret is that at every step they should try to execute sacrifices toward the path of world peace
- It is an open secret, anyone who helps spread Krsna consciousness becomes very dear to Krsna
- It is said simplicity: even the enemy inquires from him some secret thing, he'll say, "Yes, it is like this."
- It is very difficult to understand the secret of Krsna consciousness, but one who advances by the instruction of the previous acaryas and follows in the footsteps of his predecessors in the line of disciplic succession will have success. Others will not
- It was an open secret that Duryodhana wanted to usurp the kingdom of the Pandavas by evil plans, in collaboration with his father, Dhrtarastra
- It was an open secret that Rukmini was meant to be married to Krsna but that her elder brother Rukmi had arranged her marriage to Sisupala
- Keeping one's money very secretly is an old practice, for we find this practice present even during the reign of Maharaja Prthu
- Krsna persisted, "Even for those who are not so liberal, nothing should be kept secret from the family members and friends, although secrecy may be maintained for persons who are inimical. Therefore you cannot keep any secrets from Me"
- Krsna persisted, "My dear father, for those who are liberal and saintly, there is no secrecy. They do not think anyone to be a friend, an enemy or a neutral party, because they are always open to everyone"
- Nanda Maharaja wanted to keep the name-giving ceremony a secret and yet take advantage of Garga Muni’s performing the ceremony
- No one would know the extent of the riches King Prthu would confidentially keep. The idea is that not only the king but everyone should keep his hard-earned money confidentially and secretly so that in due course of time the money can be spent
- One has to associate with authorities in Krsna consciousness and learn the secret from them; this is as good as learning from the Lord directly. Otherwise, even the most intelligent persons will be bewildered
- One should hear with rapt attention from the real person, and then he can at once realize the presence of Lord Krsna in every page. The secret of knowing Bhagavatam is mentioned here
- One should not give up anything which can be utilized in the service of the Lord. That is a secret of devotional service. Anything that can be utilized in advancing Krsna consciousness and devotional service should be accepted
- One who explains the supreme secret to the devotees is the most dear to Krsna and never will there be one more dear
- Satisfaction of the self-realized spiritual master is the secret of advancement in spiritual life
- Satisfaction of the spiritual master is the secret of advancement in spiritual life
- Secrets of the acaryas
- Sometimes the critics of SB find it difficult to find Radharani's holy name in that book, but the secret is disclosed here in the word aradhita, from which the name Radha has come. Of course, the name of Radharani is directly mentioned in other Puranas
- Still, I want to hear from you (King Nrga) how you were put into this position. If you think that you can disclose this secret, then please tell us your identity
- Sukadeva Gosvami told the King, "Now hear of this secret with attention. After saving His friends from the mouth of Aghasura and killing the demon, Lord Krsna brought His friends to the bank of the Yamuna and addressed them as follows"
- The brahmacaris, vanaprasthas and sannyasis do not intend to take rebirth (apraja), nor are they meant for secretly indulging in sex life
- The Caitanya-caritamrta pastimes of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu constitute a very secret literature. It is the life and soul of all devotees. Those who are not fit to relish this literature, who are envious like hogs and pigs, will certainly not adore it
- The devotees are generally without material prosperity, but they have a very secret treasure-house in the lotus feet of the Lord
- The idea is that not only the king but everyone should keep his hard-earned money confidentially and secretly so that in due course of time the money can be spent for good, practical purposes
- The secret is that one must submissively listen to those who know perfectly the science of God, and one must begin the mode of service regulated by the preceptor
- The spiritual master is not inclined to disclose all the secrets of transcendental science unless the disciple is very submissive and devoted
- The whole world can be purified. But the secret is that one who is chanting, he must be very pure
- They (the cowherd boys) were astonished to see that they were completely free from the attack of the blazing fire and that the cows were saved. They secretly thought that Krsna must be not an ordinary boy but some demigod
- This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion
- This transcendental science cannot be understood simply by academic education. It is not possible. There is a secret. Just like in the ordinary educational field, nobody is allowed to study law unless he is a graduate of the degree college
- When Garga Muni was so eagerly requested by Nanda Maharaja, he performed the name-giving ceremony as secretly as possible in the cowshed of Nanda Maharaja
- When the father is going to give birth to a child, it is not a secret affair. It is open affair. "Now this is the good, auspicious day, and today the father will implant the seed of the son in the womb of the mother." There is great function
- When the Lord is satisfied, the devotee automatically becomes satisfied. This is the secret of the process of bhakti-yoga