Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
salt | salted | saltless | saltwater
Pages in category "Salt"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- All the islands (the seven islands in the planetary system known as Bhu-mandala) are completely surrounded by these oceans (consisting of salt water, sugarcane juice, liquor, clarified butter, milk, emulsified yogurt, and sweet drinking water)
- As a moat around a fort is sometimes surrounded by gardenlike forest, the saltwater ocean surrounding Jambudvipa is itself surrounded by Plaksadvipa
- As Sumeru Mountain is surrounded by Jambudvipa, Jambudvipa is also surrounded by an ocean of salt water. The breadth of Jambudvipa is 100,000 yojanas (800,000 miles), and the breadth of the saltwater ocean is the same
- Bhadrasva: It is a tract of land near Meru Parvata, and it extends from Gandha-madana Parvata to the saltwater ocean. There is a description of this varsa in the Mahabharata. The description was narrated by Sanjaya to Dhrtarastra
- Bhagavan Acarya cooked varieties of vegetables and other preparations dear to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He also obtained remnants of food from Lord Jagannatha and digestive aids such as ground ginger and also lime with salt
- He (Caitanya dasa, the son of Sivananda Sena) offered yogurt, limes, ginger, soft bada and salt. Seeing all these arrangements, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased
- Here (Dhruvaloka) the (Ganges) river divides into four branches (known as Sita, Alakananda, Caksu and Bhadra), which then flow down to the ocean of salt water
- On each and every planet there are oceans also. On some of the planets the oceans are of salt water, and on some of them there are oceans of milk. On others there are oceans of liquor, and on others there are oceans of ghee or oil
- On the southern side of the ocean of salt water is the ocean of milk, where Lord Ksirodakasayi Visnu resides. He is worshiped there by demigods like Brahma
- One may get indigestion due to eating too many milk preparations - (…) sweet rice, and so on. But even though there is indigestion or diarrhea, another milk preparation - yogurt mixed with black pepper and salt - will immediately cure these maladies
- The Alakananda branch (of the Ganges) flows through Brahmalaya, crosses over many mountains, including Hemakuta and Himakuta, and then reaches Bharata-varsa, where it flows into the southern side of the ocean of salt water
- The branch (of the Ganges that divides into four branches on Dhruvaloka) known as Bhadra flows onto Mount Meru, Mount Kumuda, and the Nila, Sveta and Srngavan mountains before it reaches Kuru-desa, where it flows into the ocean of salt water in the north
- The branch (of the Ganges that divides into four branches on Dhruvaloka) known as Sita flows through Sekhara-parvata and Gandhamadana-parvata and then flows down to Bhadrasva-varsa, where it mixes with the ocean of salt water in the West
- The Caksu branch (of the Ganges that divides into four branches on Dhruvaloka) flows through Malyavan-giri and, after reaching Ketumala-varsa, mixes with the ocean of salt water in the West
- The human necessities of life are fully supplied by the Lord in the shape of food grains, milk, fruit, wood, stone, sugar, silk, jewels, cotton, salt, water, vegetables, etc
- The human necessities of life are fully supplied by the Lord in the shape of food grains, milk, fruit, wood, stone, sugar, silk, jewels, cotton, salt, water, vegetables, etc., in sufficient quantity to feed and care for the human race of the world
- The island of Plaksadvipa, which is twice as broad as Jambudvipa, is surrounded by an ocean of salt water. The master of this island is Idhmajihva, one of the sons of Maharaja Priyavrata
- The seven oceans (in the planetary system known as Bhu-mandala) respectively contain salt water, sugarcane juice, liquor, clarified butter, milk, emulsified yogurt, and sweet drinking water
- Too much salt, chili, onion and similar food is forbidden for the pregnant mother because the child's body is too delicate and new for him to tolerate such pungent food