Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
resemblance | resemble | resembled | resembles | resembling
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Resembling"
The following 85 pages are in this category, out of 85 total.
- A gopi described, "The wives of the black deer become enchanted upon hearing the vibration of His flute, which resembles the vibration of the vina. The deer come to Krsna and become so charmed that they stand still, forgetting their homes and husbands"
- Along with his (Vasudeva) eighteen wives, headed by Devaki, sat before the priests to be purified by the abhiseka ceremony. While the ceremony was observed strictly according to the principles of the scriptures, he resembled the moon encircled by stars
- Another significant feature of the Visnu forms was that all of Them were looking transcendentally beautiful. Their smiling resembled the moonshine, and Their glancing resembled the early rising of the sun
- Bali Maharaja saw his grandfather Prahlada Maharaja, the most fortunate personality, whose dark body resembled black ointment for the eyes
- Because the Lord is absolute, the impersonalists imagine that in the Absolute the sentiment of anger, which resembles mundane sentiments, must be conspicuous by absence
- Because they are not giving any importance to the instructions of Krsna, the advancement of their so-called civilization resembles the crazy efforts of men in a lunatic asylum
- Brahma said, "Nondevotees are cheated because they consider You to be a material creation. Actually, You have assumed this body, exactly resembling an ordinary cowherd boy, simply to increase the devotion and transcendental bliss of Your devotees"
- Devahuti was more sexually excited (than Kardama Muni), and therefore she had nine daughters at once. All the daughters, however, were very beautiful, and their bodies were nicely formed; each resembled a lotus flower and was fragrant like a lotus
- Devotees said, "The drops of perspiration on your (Cupid) body have become frozen, and they resemble kantaki fruits (a kind of a small fruit found in thorny bushes)"
- Gopis address Krsna as follows: "Although our attitude towards You (Krsna) resembles loving affairs with a paramour, we cannot but wonder at how no woman can maintain her chastity upon hearing the vibration from Your flute"
- Grtsamada was the son of Vitahavya, and he resembled in features the body of Indra. Sometimes the enemies of Indra mistook him to be Indra and arrested him
- Having been cursed by Mitra and Varuna, the celestial woman Urvasi had acquired the habits of a human being. Therefore, upon seeing Pururava, the best of males, whose beauty resembled that of Cupid, she controlled herself and then approached him
- He (Krsna) entrusted the gopis to the care of Balarama and followed Sankhacuda wherever he fled. Krsna wanted to take the valuable jewel resembling a conchshell from the head of the demon
- He (Samba) exactly resembles the son of the Personality of Godhead. In a previous birth he was born as Karttikeya in the womb of the wife of Lord Siva, and now he has been born in the womb of Jambavati, the most enriched wife of Krsna
- He (the lotus-eyed Lord Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead) resembled a bluish rain cloud with flashing lightning, and in two of His four hands He held a conchshell and disc
- He immediately came before Krsna. Kaliya saw that Krsna was indeed worth seeing because His body was so beautiful and delicate; its color resembled that of a cloud, and His feet resembled lotus flowers
- His (Maha-Visnu's) navel was very deep, and His abdomen was marked with three lines. His hips were broad and big, resembling those of a woman, and His thighs resembled the trunks of elephants
- His (Sukadeva Gosvami) bodily hue resembled that of Lord Krsna, who is the supreme among the gods, demigods and all living beings
- His (Visnu's) whole body resembled a blossoming tree beautifully decorated with various kinds of flowers
- Human beings living in this part of the globe are of golden color, and the women resemble the angels of heaven. The inhabitants are free from all kinds of diseases and grief
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who resides in His own realm, Goloka, with Radha, who resembles His own spiritual figure and who embodies the ecstatic potency (hladini)
- In a deep voice that resembled the rumbling of clouds, the Lord replied to the demigods, who all stood there attentively with folded hands
- In the presence of all the damsels of Vraja, He presented the valuable jewel (resembling a conchshell) to His elder brother, Balarama
- Krsna once addressed Jarati thus: "My dear good woman, the skin of your face is now slackened, and so your face exactly resembles a monkey's. As such, the King of the monkeys, Balimukha, has selected you as his worthy wife"
- Krsna's face is decorated with ornaments, such as earrings resembling sharks. His ears are beautiful, His cheeks brilliant, and His smiling attractive to everyone. Whoever sees Lord Krsna sees a festival
- Narayana is catur-bahu, but the Supreme Person resembles a human being. This is also confirmed in the Bible, where it is said that man was made in the image of God
- Nor was such a thing ever imagined by the most beautiful girls in the heavenly planets, girls whose bodily luster and aroma resemble the beauty and fragrance of lotus flowers
- One who does not do so (eat only food offered to Kṛṣṇa) continues to increase the volume of sinful action, and this prepares the next body to resemble hogs and dogs, to suffer the resultant reactions of all sins
- Only for us, who cannot experience anything beyond matter in our present conditioned state, do the dhamas and the Lord Himself, in His arca form, appear before us resembling matter to give us the facility to see spirit with material eyes
- Persons who are decorated with tilaka or gopi-candana (a kind of clay resembling fuller's earth which is produced in certain quarters of Vrndavana), and who mark their bodies all over with the holy names of the Lord
- Prahlada resembles a dog's curved tail, which can never be straightened, because he never forgets my (Hiranyakasipu) misbehavior and his connection with his master, Lord Visnu
- She could at once perceive that the baby was hiding His unparalleled potencies, which resembled fire covered by ashes. Putana thought, "This child is so powerful that He can destroy the whole universe immediately"
- Simply by intuition, Rukmini could understand that Pradyumna was her own lost son. She could also observe that Pradyumna resembled Lord Krsna in every respect
- Some Yadus rode on sturdy, stalwart elephants that moved like the clouds in the sky. Their wives were carried on beautiful palanquins by beautiful men whose features resembled those of the Vidyadharas
- Srimati Radharani is a tenderhearted feminine counterpart of the supreme whole, resembling the perfectional stage of the worldly feminine nature
- Srimati Radharani saw that Uddhava's bodily features resembled Krsna's, but She also saw Uddhava as being equal to Krsna. Indirectly, therefore, She indicated that Uddhava was as unreliable as Krsna Himself
- The bow was very big and wonderful and resembled a rainbow in the sky. Within the sacrificial arena, this bow was protected by many constables and watchmen engaged by King Kamsa
- The Brahma-samhita states that Gokula, the highest region of the kingdom of God, resembles a lotus flower with thousands of petals
- The ceremonial functions performed by the members of the Yadu dynasty externally resembled the ritualistic ceremonies performed by the karmis
- The cowherd boys walked into the midst of newly grown leaves of trees whose flowers resembled peacock feathers. They were garlanded by those flowers and decorated with saffron chalk. They were dancing and singing and sometimes wrestling with one another
- The cows exactly resemble the surabhi cows in the transcendental abode. Therefore Your opulence is just like an ocean that no one can measure
- The demon’s name was Sankhacuda because on his head there was a valuable jewel resembling a conchshell. Just as the two sons of Kuvera had been puffed up over their wealth and opulence and did not care for Narada Muni’s presence
- The exceptional beauty of the laughter of Lord Visnu is that when He smiles His small teeth, which resemble the buds of jasmine flowers, at once become reddish, reflecting His rosy lips
- The hands and legs of the infantry soldiers floated just like different kinds of fish, the hair of the soldiers floated like seaweed and moss, and the floating bows of the soldiers resembled waves of the river
- The heat created by the flash of a brahmastra resembles the fire exhibited in the sun globe at the time of cosmic annihilation
- The heat created by the flash of a brahmastra resembles the fire exhibited in the sun globe at the time of cosmic annihilation. The radiation of atomic energy is very insignificant in comparison to the heat produced by a brahmastra
- The inhabitants of the Vaikuntha planets are described as having a glowing sky-bluish complexion. Their eyes resemble lotus flowers, their dress is of yellowish color, and their bodily features very attractive
- The Lord's sole is depicted with distinctive lines resembling a thunderbolt, a flag, a lotus flower and a goad. The luster of His toenails, which are brilliantly prominent, resembles the light of the moon
- The material world is just like a shadow resembling You. Indeed, one accepts this material world as real because it gives a glimpse of Your existence
- The members of the Yadu dynasty came to Kuruksetra in their gorgeously decorated chariots, which resembled the airplanes of the demigods and which were pulled by big horses that moved like the waves of the ocean
- The most powerful Rudra, whose bodily color was blue mixed with red, created many offspring exactly resembling him in features, strength and furious nature
- The personified Vedas continued, "They (the gopis) wanted to be embraced by the arms of Krsna, which resemble the beautiful round shape of a snake. Similarly, we, the Vedic hymns, simply concentrate our minds on the lotus feet of Your Lordship"
- The planetary system known as Bhu-mandala resembles a lotus flower, and its seven islands resemble the whorl of that flower. The length and breadth of the island known as Jambudvipa, which is situated in the middle of the whorl
- The queens continued, "As soon as you vibrate your sweet voice, we immediately remember Syamasundara because your voice exactly resembles His"
- The queens continued, "Dear Himalayan breeze, please know we have already been stricken. There is no need to injure us more & more. Dear beautiful cloud, the color of your beautiful body exactly resembles the bodily hue of our dearmost Syamasundara"
- The splendor of their (the Lord's lotus feet) beautiful ruby nails resembles the orb of the moon and dispels the thick gloom of one's heart
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, whose eyes resemble the petals of a newly blossomed lotus, sat on the back of Garuda, spreading His lotus feet over Garuda's shoulders
- The tad-ekatma-rupa is that form which most resembles the svayam-rupa, but there are some differences in the bodily features. The tad-ekatma-rupa is divided into two manifestations: the personal expansion (svamsa) and the pastime expansion (vilasa)
- The transcendental body of Krsna resembles the lotus flower
- These numberless plants and creepers resemble persons who dry up in severe penances for some material gain but then achieve their objectives and become luxuriously fat, nourished by sense enjoyment
- They (different rulers of the world) saw that the color of the transcendental body of Lord Krsna resembled the hue of a newly arrived cloud in the sky
- This entire world resembles such a phantasmagoria, and every materially situated person has attachment for it. But Khatvanga Maharaja, because of his advanced Krsna consciousness, was not interested in such things
- This incarnation as a woman, Mohini-murti, was most pleasing to the mind. Her complexion resembled in color a newly grown blackish lotus, and every part of Her body was beautifully situated
- This material world resembles the spiritual world, and any intelligent person can guess how it is acting
- Those who are so-called spiritualists are compared to monkeys. Outwardly, monkeys sometimes resemble sadhus because they live naked in the forest and pick fruits, but their only desire is to keep many female monkeys and enjoy sex life
- Trikuta Mountain has many lakes and rivers, with beaches covered by small gems resembling grains of sand. The water is as clear as crystal, and when the demigod damsels bathe in it, their bodies lend fragrance to the water and the breeze
- Tukarama's book is known as Abhanga. His sankirtana party exactly resembles the Gaudiya-Vaisnava sankirtana parties, for they chant the holy name of the Lord with mrdanga and karatalas
- When all three of them (the wives of Maharaja Bharata) bore children who did not resemble the King (Maharaja Bharata), these wives thought that he would consider them unfaithful queens and reject them, and therefore they killed their own sons
- When Krsna and Balarama, with the strength of Their legs, crawled in the muddy places created in Vraja by cow dung and cow urine, Their crawling resembled the crawling of serpents, and the sound of Their ankle bells was very charming
- When the gopis saw Uddhava, they observed that his features almost exactly resembled those of Krsna, and they could understand that he was a great devotee of Krsna's
- When the Supreme Lord is laughing, one can see His small teeth, which resemble jasmine buds rendered rosy by the splendor of His lips. Once devoting his mind to this, the yogi should no longer desire to see anything else
- While Krsna was in the middle of His kaumara age, His waist became thinner, His chest became broader, and His head was decorated with His curly hairs, resembling the falling of the wings of a crow
- While Sri Krsna was thinking like this, Salva brought before Him in custody a man exactly resembling Vasudeva, His father. These were all creations of the mystic power of Salva
- While the learned brahmana (Sudama) was considering this, a group of beautiful men and women with features resembling those of the demigods, accompanied by musical chanters, approached to welcome him