Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
repeat | repeated | repeatedly | repeating | repeats
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Repeat"
The following 123 pages are in this category, out of 123 total.
- After repeating obeisances for a long time, Brahma stood up and smeared his hands over his eyes. Seeing the Lord before him, he, trembling, began to offer prayers with great respect, humility and attention
- Akrura continued, "I can thus understand that when a person becomes eligible to be delivered from the path of repeated birth, death, it is only by Your causeless mercy that he comes nearer to Your lotus feet & becomes attached to Your devotional service"
- All desires should be reformed and directed toward spiritual activities; otherwise those same desires will repeatedly manifest themselves in different varieties of material enjoyment, thus conditioning the living being perpetually in material bondage
- All of His sons were so overjoyed that, out of ecstasy, they repeatedly made many mistakes. These mistakes were a sign of complete satisfaction
- All the activities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were noted by His personal secretary Svarupa Damodara and repeated to Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, who memorized them
- Although Sanatana Gosvami repeatedly forbade Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to embrace him, the Lord still did so. Thus His body was smeared with the moisture from Sanatana's body, and Sanatana became greatly distressed
- Although Vrtrasura repeatedly encouraged Indra to kill him with the thunderbolt, King Indra was morose at having to kill such a great devotee and was hesitant to throw it
- Any literature you take in the history of the world, no literature can exist for five thousand years, repeatedly being read by many, many scholars, religionists and philosophers, all. Why? Because it is Krsna
- Anyone may read Bhagavad-gita or the Srimad-Bhagavatam repeatedly throughout his whole life and yet find in them new light of information
- As I am repeatedly placing before you with all humbleness that this movement is very, very much essential, not only at the present moment, but also all the time
- Balarama said, "It is clear that they do not want a peaceful settlement, for they are factually warmongers. With great pride they have repeatedly insulted Me by calling the Yadu dynasty ill names"
- Bali's spiritual master and family priest, Sukracarya, repeatedly warned him about this, yet Bali did not hesitate to give in charity whatever the brahmana wanted, and at last he gave up everything to that brahmana
- Because the sages assembled in the place of pilgrimage at Kuruksetra had spoken about the Lord as the supreme cause of everything, Vasudeva simply repeated it out of his love for Krsna and Balarama
- Being repeatedly baffled in his attempts, Rukmi took his sword and ran swiftly toward Krsna, just as a fly proceeds toward a fire. But as soon as Rukmi reached Krsna, Krsna cut his weapon to pieces
- Brahma said, "Let me offer my respectful repeated obeisances unto the son of Maharaja Nanda, who is standing before me with conchshell earrings and a peacock feather on His head. His face is beautiful"
- Brahma, being very joyful, began to shed tears, and he washed the lotus feet of Krsna with his tears. Repeatedly he fell and rose as he recalled the wonderful activities of the Lord
- Brahmacari will repeat verbatim, smrti, it is called retaining power
- By the law of karma a common man is perpetually entangled in repeated birth and death, whereas a devotee’s distress and happiness, not being under the laws of karma, are part of a temporary arrangement by the Supreme Lord
- First of all, you have to know who is guru. If you accept one rascal as guru, how you can be helped? First thing is who is guru. That I have already explained. Guru is he who repeats the words of Krsna. He is guru
- From his (King Rahugana) life it is understood that transcendental endeavors, or the practice of yoga, never go in vain. By the grace of the Lord the transcendentalist gets repeated opportunities for complete perfection in Krsna consciousness
- He is so much absorbed in ignorance that he has no time to think that "Repeatedly I am stealing, and repeatedly I am arrested, and I am punished, I sent to jail. Why I am doing this?"
- History repeats itself, and what was occurring in the past will recur again and again when there is necessity. Whenever the authority of the Lord is neglected, the penalties dealt by the laws of nature are always there
- I may again repeat the same that if Scindia Steam Navigation Co. has not as yet replied my letter or your letter, then the Murtis should be dispatched without delay by other freighters through the shipping agents
- I very humbly submit that since these incidents have already been nicely described by Vrndavana dasa Thakura, I would be very proud to repeat the same thing, and this would not be very good. I do not have such powers
- If a previous acarya has already written about something, there is no need to repeat it for personal sense gratification or to outdo the previous acarya. Unless there is some definite improvement, one should not repeat
- If one repeats monotonous material words, he will feel exhausted, but if he chants Hare Krsna twenty-four hours a day, he will never feel exhausted; rather, he will feel encouraged to continue chanting more and more
- If you repeatedly chant, it will remain. It will always remain in your heart
- In great stupidity, Rukmi stood before Krsna, telling Him repeatedly, "Stop for a minute and fight with me!" After saying this he drew his bow and directly shot three forceful arrows against Krsna's body. Then he condemned Krsna
- In order to maintain the status quo of the brahma-bhuta stage, as also to increase the degree of transcendental realization, Narada recommended to Vyasadeva that he (Vyasadeva) should now eagerly and repeatedly describe the path of devotional service
- In spite of repeated punishment by Yamaraja, they (the conditioned souls) do not come to their senses, but continue to live within the material condition, committing sinful activities again and again
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam it is repeatedly and clearly said that the essence of religion in the Age of Kali is the chanting of the holy name of Krsna
- It is said, harim vina na mrtim taranti: without the help of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one cannot get out of the clutches of repeated birth and death
- It is to be understood that the parampara system begins with the Personality of Godhead Narayana Rsi. We should remember that this Veda-stuti is narrated by Kumara Sanandana, and the narration is repeated by Narayana Rsi in Badarikasrama
- It is your responsibility to always exhibit a Krsna conscious example. You should always be thinking how to spread Krsna consciousness to the African people. This is our mission - to save suffering humanity from the path of repeated birth and death
- Maharaja Rahugana was somewhat unhappy at not being able to grasp Jada Bharata's instructions, which were full of meaning that could not be understood by a materialistic person. Therefore Jada Bharata repeated his instructions more clearly
- Material energy is manifested into twenty-four divisions. The creation is effected by eternal time, and it is created and dissolved by external energy. This manifestation of the cosmic world repeatedly becomes visible and invisible
- Materialistic men are not interested in taking directions from a liberated person, but they are very much interested in their own concocted ideas, which make them repeatedly fail in their attempts
- O Krsna, those who continuously hear, chant and repeat Your transcendental activities, or take pleasure in others' doing so, certainly see Your lotus feet, which alone can stop the repetition of birth and death
- One may sit down at some holy place and devote his whole time and energy to hear and repeatedly chant the holy scriptures left by the great acaryas like the six Gosvamis of Vrndavana
- One should always remember that as long as he has a material body he must face the miseries of repeated birth, old age, disease and death
- One who can remember everything perpetually is called a sruti-dhara. A sruti-dhara brahmacari can repeat verbatim all that he has heard, without notes and without reference to books
- Out of her affection for Krsna, she began to smell His head repeatedly
- Persons who are infected with the disease of material attachment and who suffer from the pangs of repeated birth and death cannot relish such recitation of the Lord's glories, just as a person suffering from jaundice cannot relish the taste of sugar candy
- Play the Gayatri mantra tape through the right ear. Have her repeat along with my vibration word by word and then give her Gayatri mantra as usual. This Gayatri mantra function should be held amongst the devotees only
- Please repeat them in a simple way so that I can understand them. My mind is very inquisitive, and I want to understand this clearly
- Politicians today are simply pick-pockets, tricking the voters to pick their pockets. They make promises to gratify the public's senses, but then they only gratify their own senses and the public throws them out, repeatedly
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "My dear Lord, I repeatedly pray unto Your lotus feet that I may simply be stronger in devotional service"
- Radharani continued, "Nor can they understand the unhappiness within Me. They simply try to console Me repeatedly, saying, 'Dear friend, be patient'"
- Repeatedly one may become a philosopher, a scientist or a poet, and repeatedly become entangled in the same disadvantages of birth and death
- Repetition of the glories of Krsna is not a literary weakness. It is said that at a time of bewilderment or wonder or of great ecstasy, statements are repeated over and over. That is not a flaw
- Rohini said, "My dear Queen, our only qualification was that we were always thinking of the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, which is the way to release oneself from the bondage of repeated birth and death"
- Rsabhadeva said to his sons, "Persons engaged in fruitive activities are repeatedly accepting birth and death, and until they develop a loving feeling for Vasudeva, there will be no question of getting out from these stringent laws of material nature"
- Simply prepare yourself how to repeat Krsna's instructions very nicely. Suppose you have got now ten thousand. We shall expand to hundred thousand. That is required. Then hundred thousand to million, and million to ten million
- So medical treatment may give temporary relief from the distress of such venereal disease, but unless one is trained to understand that sex life is abominable, it is impossible to be saved from such repeated distress
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mode of preaching has already been explained, and I shall not repeat the explanation. In whichever village the Lord entered, His behavior was the same
- Such a person is truly intelligent, whereas others, who have but a poor fund of knowledge, must endure the cycle of repeated birth and death. Of all sacrificial performances, the chanting of the Lord's holy name is the most sublime
- Thakura Saranga dasa was not accepting disciples, but he was repeatedly being inspired from within by the Supreme Personality of Godhead to do so
- That kingdom is described in the Bhagavad-gita as supreme and eternal, never to be annihilated. This material nature is subjected to repeated creation and annihilation. But that part, the spiritual nature, remains as it is, eternally
- The Bhagavad-gita, which was imparted 5,000 years ago, is still being read repeatedly by many, many men, and still new light is always being found in it. Therefore, Krsna & His name, fame, qualities - & everything in relationship with Him - is ever-fresh
- The brahmacari system made their brain so powerful that whatever they will hear from the spiritual master, they will keep in the brain and never forget. They will repeat verbatim. Smrti. It is called retaining power
- The Brhan-naradiya Purana repeatedly emphasizes the chanting of the holy name so that people may take it seriously and thus free themselves from the clutches of maya
- The creation is effected by eternal time, and it is created and dissolved by external energy. This manifestation of the cosmic world repeatedly becomes visible and invisible
- The description of the pastimes of Lord Krsna is so attractive that it automatically gives us an impetus to study repeatedly
- The Earth personified continued, "Your (Krsna's) soft and delicate lotus feet are always worshiped by Your unalloyed devotees, and those lotus feet pacify their lotuslike hearts. I therefore repeatedly offer my respectful obeisances unto You"
- The gopis said, "Besides that, although You (Krsna) have repeatedly asked us to return home, and that is a very appropriate instruction, unfortunately we have been stunned here. Our legs have no power to move a step from Your lotus feet"
- The grhamedhis business is to repeatedly chain himself to so-called family life, in one life after another, and perpetually remain in the darkness of maya
- The grhastha's concern is to get out of the family life created by illusion and enter into real family life with Krsna, whereas the grhamedhi s business is to repeatedly chain himself to so-called family life, in one life after another
- The human life is meant for making a solution to this repeated change of bodies and thereby attaining a place in the spiritual sky, where everything is eternal, blissful and full of knowledge
- The infinitesimal soul, being unchangeable, can never become equal to the infinite soul, or the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This concept is repeated in the Vedas in different ways just to confirm the stability of the conception of the soul
- The living entity traps himself in a network of his own fruitive activities and then can find no way to release himself. Thus he is always bewildered, and repeatedly he dies
- The Lord says repeatedly, "Don't hesitate. Don't consider that because you are giving up all other engagements there will be some flaw in your life. Don't think like that. I will give you all protection." That is the assurance of Lord Krsna in the BG
- The Lord's holy name certainly has the potency to neutralize all sinful activities, but if one repeatedly and intentionally commits sins while chanting the holy name, he is most condemned
- The materialistic way of life is nothing but the repeated chewing of that which has already been chewed. Although there is no profit in such a life, people are enamored of it because of uncontrolled senses
- The Mayavada philosophy is veiled Buddhism. (In other words, the voidist philosophy of Buddha is more or less repeated in the Mayavada philosophy of impersonalism, although the Mayavadiphilosophers claim to be directed by the Vedic conclusions)
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, who can estimate Your mercy & powerful activities? You are present always as the insurmountable force of eternal time, baffling the indefatigable desires of the materialists, who are thus repeatedly confused & frustrated"
- The most important way to worship the Lord is to go through the disciplic succession of devotees. The prayers offered by Lord Siva to the Supreme Personality of Godhead were thus repeated by the Pracetas
- The moving power of the body is the spirit soul. We are repeatedly trying to convince people this simple truth, but they are so dull-headed they cannot understand
- The pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are the topmost of jewels. They have been kept in the storehouse of Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, who has explained them to Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, who has repeated them to me
- The personified Vedas continued, "Due to this faulty conception of life, they (living entities) are undergoing repeated birth and death"
- The present life is repeated birth and death, but if we seek the path of liberation, we may be saved from repeated suffering
- The Puranas are histories of bygone ages that relate the pastimes of the various incarnations of the Lord. In this way the reading matter remains forever fresh, despite repeated readings
- The question was why a sinful man commits sinful activities although he has full knowledge of the after result by knowing it from authority and by seeing it personally. A thief commits theft repeatedly and is imprisoned repeatedly
- The Ramayana, the Mahabharata, and the Puranas are histories of bygone ages recorded in connection with the pastimes of the incarnations of the Lord and therefore remain fresh even after repeated readings
- The ritualistic performances, charity and austerity, which are recommended in the Vedas may temporarily stop one from acting in sinful ways, but as long as the heart is not clear, one will have to repeat sinful activities again and again
- The sarga, the repetition of birth, is due to our strong desire for material enjoyment. So long we do not discard this desire of material enjoyment, we have to take our birth repeatedly
- The Supreme Lord repeatedly puts these most abominable, wretched sinners into the most distressful conditions, constantly punishing them with His stringent laws of nature
- The wife of the brahmana again & again requested, in great humility and submission, that he go to Lord Krsna. The brahmana thought that there was no need to ask any material benefit from Sri Krsna, but he was induced by the repeated requests of his wife
- This calculation of one year is history but the summer and winter seasons are also eternal. There is a saying, "History repeats itself." Why make a distinction between history and eternity. Things are happening eternally; this is history
- This concept is repeated in the Vedas in different ways just to confirm the stability of the conception of the soul. Repetition of something is necessary in order that we understand the matter thoroughly, without error
- Those who try to adjust material conditions are said to be chewing the chewed. No one has been able to adjust material conditions, but life after life, generation after generation, people try and repeatedly fail
- We are very eager to give everyone a chance to become Krishna Conscious, but if someone repeatedly causes a disturbance then he may be asked to leave
- We cannot change the quality of printing for the matter of a little change in the price. This printing is not approved by me. Repeatedly changing of printers is not at all good. We cannot approve any printing less than quality of printing of Dai Nippon
- We have not the slightest intention of confronting a world-famous philosopher like Dr. Radhakrishnan with arguments, yet on the brahmacari's repeated request we have to scrutinize the text and point out the discrepancies
- We have to simply repeat like parrot. Not exactly parrot. Parrot does not understand the meaning; he simply vibrates. But you should understand the meaning also; otherwise how you can explain?
- What can I say? Krsna says. I am simply a child, repeating the words of Krsna
- When a devotee is put into distress, he accepts this as God's mercy and offers Him repeated obeisances with his body, mind and intellect. An intelligent person, therefore, should be always satisfied, depending on the mercy of the Lord
- When Krsna was fleeing away from the battlefield, from a distant place Jarasandha was watching Him with restless eyes and was feeling very proud. Being thus puffed up with his conquest, he was repeatedly laughing. This is an example of aparasa
- Which I could not follow, I may ask repeatedly to understand. So two sides: seva, service; and surrender. And in the middle, pariprasna. So pariprasna is required. Otherwise how one can understand? So questions are required
- While she was thus embracing her son repeatedly, torrents of tears fell from her eyes, and she was unable to express her transcendental joy
- Why this ordinary question to be repeatedly made and I answer? A waste of time. This is a serious movement. One should be responsible men, leaders of the society. If you want to take some benefit out of this movement, they should question
- With the death of Kamsa his cows were released, and now Vasudeva gave the actual cows to the brahmanas. Then Balarama and Krsna were duly initiated with the sacred thread ceremony, and They repeated the chanting of the Gayatri mantra
- You are the greatest of all religious principles, the supreme mind, and You have a brain which is never checked by any condition. Therefore I repeatedly offer my obeisances unto You
- Yudhisthira said, "Being constantly engaged in Krsna conscious service, they are freed from the cycle of repeated birth and death"