Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
purifier | purifiers | purifies | purify | purifying
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Purify"
The following 150 pages are in this category, out of 150 total.
- A book or poetry in which the Holy Name of Krishna is depicted, such language is revolutionary in the matter of purifying the material atmosphere. Even though such literature is presented in broken language or grammatical inconsistency
- A jivan-mukta knows how he has become conditioned; therefore he tries to purify himself and return home, back to Godhead. The eternally conditioned soul is eternally conditioned because he is controlled by the mind
- A similar statement is in the Agastya-samhita: Just to purify the impurities of our nostrils, we should try to smell the remnants of flowers offered to Krsna in the temple
- According to Vedic injunction one should purify such wealth by giving cows and gold in charity to the brahmanas. A newborn child is also purified by gifts of grain in charity to the brahmanas
- After purifying the seven planets near Dhruvaloka (the polestar), the Ganges water is carried through the spaceways of the demigods in billions of celestial airplanes. Then it inundates the moon (Candraloka)
- Akrura continued, "The water of His (Krsna's) lotus feet purifies the three worlds, and now He has kindly come to my place. Who in the three worlds among factually learned men will not take shelter of Your lotus feet and surrender unto You"
- All the cowherd men conferred and agreed to give those boys who had passed their fifth year charge of the cows in the pasturing ground. Given charge of the cows, Krsna and Balarama traversed Vrndavana, purifying the land with Their lotus footprints
- Along with his (Vasudeva) eighteen wives, headed by Devaki, sat before the priests to be purified by the abhiseka ceremony. While the ceremony was observed strictly according to the principles of the scriptures, he resembled the moon encircled by stars
- Although developing this consciousness is very difficult, by this process one can purify himself and gradually come to an awareness of the Supreme Absolute Truth
- Although Lord Siva is the greatest of all great souls, mahatmas, he keeps on his head the purifying water of the Ganges, which emanates from a hole in this material universe made by the toe of Lord Visnu
- Anyone can be purified by following the principles of devotional service in Krsna consciousness, for KC is so powerful that it can purify even the dirtiest class of men & transform them into the topmost Vaisnavas. C.M.'s movement aims at this purpose
- As far as the great devotees of the Lord are concerned, they can purify a degraded soul even by being seen by the lowborn, and what to speak of association
- As soon as you think that you are, your, you are not Indian or American, you are not a brahmana or Vaisnava, brahmana or ksatriya, you are eternal servant of Krsna, that is called purified desire. Desire is there, but you have to purify
- Bali said, "You (Krsna) can purify me in that way because if someone engages himself in the loving service of Your Lordship, he is immediately freed from all kinds of regulative principles enjoined in the Vedas"
- Bhagiratha mounted a swift chariot and drove before mother Ganges, who followed him, purifying many countries, until they reached the ashes of Bhagiratha's forefathers, the sons of Sagara, who were thus sprinkled with water from the Ganges
- Bilvamangala Thakura wrote, "I know that I am not at all fit to offer my prayers to You, but because You are known as Dinabandhu, the friend of the fallen, I humbly pray that You will kindly purify me by the beams of Your transcendental glance"
- Brahmaji collected the water emanating from the nails of His (Krsna's) feet in order to award it to Lord Siva as a worshipful welcome. This very water (the Ganges) is purifying the whole universe, including Lord Siva
- By adopting this chanting process, one is given a chance to actually purify himself so that he may very soon chant offenselessly
- By austerities, by worship of the Lord, and by distribution of charity we can purify the possession of wealth. We can purify our self by studying the Vedas in order to understand the Absolute Truth and achieve self-realization
- By offering our foodstuffs to Krsna with love & devotion, Krsna says he will accept & it becomes spiritually purified because he is the supreme pure. So love & devotion to Krsna is the purifying agent & nullifies all bad effects of this age of Kali yuga
- Desire must be there. The ant has desire; Lord Brahma has desire; I have got desire; you have got desire. This is artificial, to make desireless. That is not possible. Therefore bhakti means to purify the desire
- Devotional service is so nice and pure that it purifies the devotee, and he forgets all material ambitions as soon as he engages fully in the transcendental loving service of Krsna. A practical example is Dhruva Maharaja
- He (Lord Krsna) desires that all of them come to Him and live with Him, but going back to Godhead means that one must purify himself from material infections
- He informed Pariksit that hearing & chanting the pastimes of Krsna are so auspicious that the processes purify the three varieties of men involved: he who recites the transcendental topics of Krsna, he who hears such topics & he who inquires about Him
- If a person falls down but is wholeheartedly engaged in the transcendental service of the Supreme Lord, the Lord, being situated within his heart, purifies him and excuses him from that abomination
- If we purify our existential condition by tapasya, then we come into our spiritual existence and we can enjoy our life eternally
- If you want eternal, continued happiness, then you have to purify your existential condition, you have to place yourself in the transcendental position, and you will feel that happiness
- If, however, the devotee performs sinful activities (not willfully but by chance), Krsna gives him all protection. It is not necessary for him to purify himself by any other method
- In contact with material energy, the spirit soul acquires material modes, and to purify the soul from such affinities it is necessary to engage in the prescribed duties enjoined in the sastras
- In order to resume the activities of sacrifice, the brahmanas first arranged to purify the sacrificial arena of the contamination caused by the touch of Virabhadra and the other ghostly followers of Lord Siva
- In Pulaha-asrama is the Gandaki River, which is the best of all rivers. The salagrama-sila, the marble pebbles, purify all those places. On each and every marble pebble, up and down, circles like navels are visible
- In the human form of life, one must undergo all kinds of austerities to purify his existence
- In the human form, the living being must engage himself in Krsna consciousness to purify his existence: tapo divyam putraka yena sattvam suddhyet. This is the instruction of King Rsabhadeva to His sons
- In the Vedic scriptures cow dung is considered to be a purifying agent. One might consider this to be contradictory, but it is accepted because it is Vedic injunction, and indeed by accepting this, one will not commit a mistake
- In this material world it is to be understood that we are always living in a contaminated state. We therefore have to purify the duration of our lives, our possession of wealth and our self
- In this way one will get the chance to purify his heart and develop this ecstatic pure love for Krsna
- It is clearly stated here that when we simply purify the consciousness from material consciousness to Krsna consciousness, we attain liberation
- It is very essential that this human form of body is meant for rectifying or purifying our existence. That they do not know, especially in the modern age, that this body is temporary and we living entities, we are eternal and this is our bondage
- Krsna consciousness is itself the purifying process, and by the direct method of devotional service it is simultaneously easy and sublime
- Krsna consciousness means to adopt the purificatory process
- Krsna continued, "One cannot purify himself merely by traveling to holy places of pilgrimage and taking a bath there or by seeing the demigods’ forms in the temples"
- Krsna purifies from within as the caittya-guru, the spiritual master within the heart
- Lord Siva is in charge of the material quality of ignorance, and to keep himself in a transcendental position he always meditates on Lord Visnu, or Krsna, and always tries to purify himself with the water of the Ganges
- Lord Visnu said, "You are so pure and great that the water which washes your feet can purify even the places of pilgrimage. Therefore, I request you to purify the Vaikuntha planet where I live with My associates"
- Nanda Maharaja offered his two foster sons - namely Krsna and Balarama - to him to purify. Nanda stated that not only these boys but all human beings just after birth should accept a qualified brahmana as spiritual master
- Narada said, "This (Mandakini, Bhogavati and Ganges) sacred, transcendental water flows throughout the entire universe, purifying wherever it flows"
- No one can bring the activities of the mind and senses to a stop, but one can purify these activities through a change in consciousness
- No one can describe all the qualities of Haridasa Thakura. One may say something about them just to purify himself
- Not only does a pure devotee purify his own personal existence, but whoever becomes his disciple also becomes purified and is ultimately able to enter the kingdom of God without difficulty
- One has to purify his existentional life; otherwise, if he does not purify his existence, then he has to transmigrate from one body to another, and that is material existence
- One should be straightforward in his dealings and thereby purify his existence
- One should write transcendental literature to purify oneself, not for credit. By writing about the pastimes of the Lord, one associates with the Lord directly
- One who is on the mundane platform must first purify himself by following the regulative principles. Only then can he try to understand Krsna and the gopis
- Our heart is filled up with all dirty things, adharma. And it is very difficult to purify the heart, but it is possible, tad api. Even the hard-hearted, stone-hearted, rajo-guna, tamo-guna, can be melted, can be reformed
- Our loving propensity has turned into lust at the present moment due to material condition. So if you want to purify that lust tendency into love, then you can see God. That is the condition
- Reading the books will purify the intelligence. A purified heart and mind means Krishna Consciousness. Don't try to become big very fast. That is not possible. Go slowly
- Religious rites prescribed in the scriptures are meant to purify the mundane qualities of the conditioned souls to enable them to be gradually promoted to the stage of rendering transcendental service unto the Supreme Lord
- Rukmini knew very well that obtaining the favor of Krsna was not easy. Since even Lord Siva must purify himself for this purpose, surely it would be difficult for Rukmini, who was only the daughter of a ksatriya king
- Satyavati later became the sacred river Kausiki to purify the entire world, and her son, Jamadagni, married Renuka, the daughter of Renu. By the semen of Jamadagni, many sons, headed by Vasuman, were born from the womb of Renuka
- Scientists cannot purify the sea water and use it profusely. Why they are depending on rain? Let them purify it and take so much water
- Simple man taking shelter of the pure devotee can be purified by proper guidance
- So we have to purify our feelings. That is Krsna consciousness: "How I can serve?" And if we purify... Purify means purification will be done by Him. We cannot purify. Purification will be done by Him. Simply we have to become purified feelings
- Sometimes on the "Isavasya Hour" people should chant Isopanisad; that will purify the whole atmosphere
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, without neglecting the necessities of the body, imparted spiritual advancement to purify the existential condition of humanity
- Sri Ramananda Raya said, "You have come here just to show me Your causeless mercy. Therefore stay here for at least ten days and purify my polluted mind"
- Srila Bilvamangala Thakur prays in his book as follows: "Let Srimati Radharani purify the whole world, because She has surrendered Herself completely unto Krsna"
- Symbolically, mother Devaki's constant fear of Kamsa was purifying her. A pure devotee should always fear material association, and in this way all the asuras of material association will be killed, as the sad-garbhasuras were killed by Kamsa
- That is the subtle mystery of transmigration of the soul from one body to another. Now, if this, this life we purify just like rose, then next life we shall get a body which is full of flavor
- The all-powerful Lord can purify the devotee of all sinful reactions, just as the sun can sterilize all sorts of infections by its powerful rays
- The appearance of consciousness after the appearance of false ego indicates that, from the beginning, material consciousness is under the mode of ignorance and that one therefore has to purify himself by purifying his consciousness
- The Bhagavad-gita teaches that we have to purify this materially contaminated consciousness. In pure consciousness, our actions will be dovetailed to the will of isvara, and that will make us happy
- The bhakti process purifies the living entity of all unnatural attractions. When one is purified he is attracted by Krsna and begins to serve Krsna instead of serving maya. This is his natural position
- The cats and dogs, they cannot take chance of entering into the spiritual kingdom, or they cannot... It is not possible they can take initiation for purifying the body. So everybody, every human being, should take advantage
- The gopis, and in fact any householders, knew the process for being purified by chanting Vedic hymns. The gopis executed this process first to purify themselves and then to purify the child Krsna
- The gosthyanandi is one who desires to increase the number of devotees all over the world. He travels all over the world just to purify the world and the people residing in it
- The Lord does not want His sons, the living beings, to suffer the threefold miseries of life. He desires that all of them come to Him and live with Him, but going back to Godhead means that one must purify himself from material infections
- The Lord replied, "Having heard about your good qualities, I have come here. I have come to hear about Krsna from you and thus purify My mind"
- The Mayavadi philosopher says, the Buddha philosopher says, that "Stop this free will, and then you become happy." But our proposition is not to stop free will but purify free will
- The only process that will purify the mind is to engage it in Krsna. The mind must be engaged. If we engage our mind in Krsna, naturally the consciousness becomes fully purified, and there is no chance of the entrance of material desire and greed
- The Patanjali system of yoga instructs one on how to control the functions of the body's air in a technical manner so that ultimately all the functions of the air within become favorable for purifying the soul of material attachment
- The personified Vedas continued, "Dear Lord, when a person is able to purify his mind, senses and intelligence by engaging himself in devotional service in full Krsna consciousness, his mind becomes his friend. Otherwise, his mind is always his enemy"
- The progress which is going on, let it go; we do not want that, but it has come so far, it is not possible to stop it. But here is the remedy: you can purify it
- The purified, absolute vision of Bhagavad-gita is compared to the River Ganges. Ganges water is so pure that it can purify even the asses and cows
- The purifying process begins from the stage of being liberated from the conception of different designations
- The sensual activities of the material world are to be purified by the process of devotional service, and thus the perfection of life can be attained simply by purifying the present position of our material activities
- The topics of Lord Krsna are so auspicious that they purify the speaker, the hearer and the inquirer. They are compared to the Ganges waters, which flow from the toe of Lord Krsna
- The Vedas deal with three departments of activities. One is called karma-kanda, or activities under Vedic injunction, which gradually purify one to understand his real position
- The very purifying potency of pilgrimages or worship of different demigods is also achieved by the grace of saintly persons
- The water used to wash the lotus feet of Krsna and Balarama can purify even the greatest demigods, such as Lord Brahma
- The whole different grades of evolution of life means purifying the existence
- The whole Krsna consciousness movement is to purify the bhava. Bhava. That is stated here. Parisuddha-bhava. We are not negativating everything. We are simply changing from material bhava to spiritual bhava. That's all
- There are philosophers who, instead of purifying their activities, try to make everything zero, or void of all activities. This lack of activity is represented by the trees and the hills. This is a kind of punishment inflicted by the laws of nature
- These mudhas do not know that if they want to purify themselves, they must worship Lord Vasudeva (Krsna) by performing penances and austerities. This purification is the aim of human life. This life is not meant for blind indulgence
- These pastimes are just like the Ganges water, which flows from the toe of Lord Visnu: they purify the three worlds, the upper, middle and lower planetary systems
- They (gopis) first ate havisyanna, a kind of food prepared by boiling together mung dal and rice without any spices or turmeric. According to Vedic injunction, this kind of food is recommended to purify the body before one enacts a ritualistic ceremony
- This is the sum and substance of transcendental writing. One must be an authorized Vaisnava, humble and pure. One should write transcendental literature to purify oneself, not for credit
- This Krsna consciousness movement is to purify the designation. And so long we are in the darkness of this designation, that "I am this," "I am that," "I am this," "I am that," that is ignorance
- Those who drink through aural reception, fully filled with the nectarean message of Lord Krsna, the beloved of the devotees, purify the polluted aim of life known as material enjoyment and thus go back to Godhead, to the lotus feet of the Lord
- To become sannyasi means that, that he'll be pure devotee, and wherever he will go, he will purify. That is sannyasa
- To save a surrendered soul from repeated birth and death, the Lord purifies him of contamination by offering him a little distress
- To understand Krsna, one requires special senses, special senses, not ordinary senses. Special senses means you have to pluck your eyes and you have to put another eyes? No. You have to purify
- To work very hard like dogs and hog for sense gratification is not the ambition of human life. Human life is meant for little austerity. Tapo divyam putraka yena suddhyet sattvam. We have to purify our existence. That is the mission of human life
- Transcendental writing one must be an authorized Vaisnava and should write to purify oneself, not for credit
- We believe in Krsna consciousness. We have to purify. Just like this is also a belief, that you will be happy by drinking alcohol. That is your consciousness. I don't believe in that
- We can purify our duration of life by taking daily bath and cleansing the body inside and outside and accepting the ten kinds of purificatory processes
- We have had actual experience of how Americans and Europeans, because of their full Krsna consciousness, have purified their whole families
- We have to execute tapasya, austerity. Why? Now, to purify our existence. This present existence is not purified; therefore we have to meet death. Otherwise we are eternal
- We have to purify. That purification means one must know that "I am not this body. I am spirit soul"
- We have to rectify, purify our existence. This present existence is not purified. Otherwise, why we are accepting death? Because the existence is not purified
- When a Vaisnava sees mismanagement in the government, he feels great compassion in his heart and tries his best to purify the situation by spreading the Hare Krsna movement
- When a Vaisnava takes birth in a family, by the grace of the Lord he purifies not only that family but also the families of his previous births
- When great saintly persons, fully aware of the Vedic knowledge, offered prayers to the Supreme Person, He descended to this material world in the form of the sun to benefit all the planets and purify fruitive activities
- When situated in the material quality of goodness, one tries to purify himself by performing various penances and austerities. When one reaches the platform of a real brahmana, he aspires to merge into the existence of the Lord
- Wherever the Ganges waters go, they purify the land and the person who bathes in them
- Why I shall purify my sattva existence? Brahma-saukhyam tv anantam. Then you get unlimited pleasure, unlimited happiness. That is real pleasure
- With this mind you cannot understand. You cannot think of Krsna. With this tongue you cannot chant Hare Krsna. With these ears you cannot hear what is Hare Krsna. With these eyes you cannot see what is Krsna. But if you purify...
- Yoga practice, the process of purifying one's existential identity, is based mainly on self-control. Without self-control one cannot practice freedom from animosity
- You are the creator of all auspicious things for the world. O daughter of the sun-god, kindly purify us by your pious activities
- You have to purify yourself after the infection, and you come to your normal health, similarly, by knowledge and purificatory method, if you come to your spiritual knowledge and spiritual platform, then your life is successful
- You have to purify yourself. Sinful activities will involve you more and more in the cycle of birth and death