Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Prowess (4 P)
Pages in category "Prowess"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- After hearing Jarasandha speak in that way, Krsna answered, 'My dear King Jarasandha, heroes do not talk much. Rather, they show their prowess. Because you are talking a great deal, it appears that you are assured of your death in this battle"
- All these actions of suddha-sattva (the full opulences of knowledge, wealth, prowess, etc.) display the potencies of Maha-sankarsana, who is the ultimate reservoir of all individual living entities who are suffering in the material world
- Although He (Lord Vamanadeva) pretended to be an ordinary human child, He actually wanted the land comprising the upper, middle and lower planetary systems. This was just to show the prowess of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Arjuna said, "I had a fight with Lord Siva, who appeared before me as a hunter, and when I satisfied him by my prowess he gave me the weapon known as Pasupata. Do not doubt my chivalry"
- Arjuna said, "My name is Arjuna, and I carry the bow known as Gandiva. You cannot insult me, for I have satisfied even Lord Siva by my prowess when we were both hunting in the forest"
- As the dangers of a dream cease when the dreamer awakens, the illusions created by the jugglery of the demons were vanquished by the transcendental prowess of the Supreme Personality of Godhead as soon as He entered the battlefield
- Because the churning rod, Mandara Mountain, was very heavy and was not held by any support in the water, it sank into the ocean, and in this way the prowess of both the demons and the demigods was vanquished
- Brahmanas and Vaisnavas are more powerful than royalty. It is therefore advised that the princely order not exhibit its material prowess before these two communities and should avoid offending them
- By prowess one can avoid fearfulness
- By the influence of Visvamitra, he (Trisanku) went to the higher planetary system, the heavenly planets, in his material body, but because of the prowess of the demigods he fell back downward
- He (King Pariksit) is never to be placed on an equal footing with common men. The citizens of the state live in prosperity, being protected by his unsurpassable prowess
- He (Lord Kamadeva) supplies all the necessities of life, which are His energy and thus nondifferent from Him, and He is the cause of everyone's bodily and mental prowess, which is also nondifferent from Him
- In the spiritual sky there is a spiritual creative energy technically called suddha-sattva, which is a pure spiritual energy that sustains all the Vaikuntha planets with the full opulences of knowledge, wealth, prowess, etc
- In this verse He (Lord Krsna) is described as the original source of everything, even our body, senses, mind, activities, prowess, bodily strength, mental strength and determination for securing the necessities of life
- It is said that Nakula Brahmacari displayed the prowess (avesa) and Pradyumna Brahmacari the appearance (avirbhava) of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- King Nagnajit continued, "I have imposed this test just to understand the prowess & position of my intended son-in-law. You, Krsna, are the chief of all heroes. I am sure You will be able to bring these seven bulls under control without any difficulty"
- Krsna replied, "Foolish Salva, you are talking nonsensically. You do not know that the moment of death is already upon your head. Actual heroes do not talk much. They prove their prowess by practical exhibition of chivalrous activities"
- Krsna said, "At this time all the ferocious jungle animals - the tigers, bears, jackals and wolves - are prowling in the forest. Therefore it is very dangerous for you (the gopis). You cannot select a secure place now"
- Maharaja Priyavrata strictly maintained varnasrama-dharma by his extraordinary, unparalleled prowess. To maintain such a life of strict vigilance, one needs encouragement from his wife
- Maitreya continued: My dear Vidura, I have explained to you the Personality of Godhead's coming down as the first boar incarnation and killing in a great fight a demon of unprecedented prowess as if he were just a plaything
- My dear Bhattacarya, you have certainly explained this verse by the prowess of your vast learning, but you should know that, besides this scholarly explanation, there is another purport to this verse
- Ravana felt proud of his prowess and began to loiter in the midst of the fighting soldiers, thinking himself the conqueror of all directions
- Rsabhadeva, the master of all mystic power, understood King Indra's purpose and smiled a little. Then, by His own prowess, through yogamaya (His internal potency), He profusely poured water upon His own place, which was known as Ajanabha
- The asuras are generally strongly built, as described here, and therefore their mental condition is very sound, and their prowess is also extraordinary
- The celestial species of human beings, like the Gandharvas, Vidyadharas, Caranas and angels, all represent His musical rhythm, and the demoniac soldiers are representations of His wonderful prowess
- There are many 100's and 1,000's of devotees of Lord Caitanya among whom there are no special symptoms, but when a devotee of C.M. functions with specific prowess, he displays the feature called avesa
- Thereupon, when all the good signs of the zodiac gradually evolved, the heir apparent of Pandu (Pariksit), who would be exactly like him in prowess, took birth
- This intoxicant (an intoxicating beverage made with a drug known as hataka - cannabis indica) endows the man with great sexual prowess, of which the women take advantage for enjoyment
- This straightforward appreciation of an enemy's prowess is a characteristic of real ksatriya spirit
- This Sudarsana cakra is the killer of the prowess of all other weapons, the killer of darkness, and the manifester of the prowess of devotional service; it is the means of establishing religious principles & it is the killer of all irreligious activities