Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
protect | protected | protecting | protection | protections | protects
This category has the following 29 subcategories, out of 29 total.
- ► Be Protected (1 C, 28 P)
- ► Defend (5 C, 19 P)
- ► No Protection (12 P)
- ► Our Protection (Disciples of SP) (1 C, 32 P)
- ► Preserve (1 C, 28 P)
- ► Prophylactic (3 P)
- ► Protecting Caitanya (3 P)
- ► Protecting Krsna (6 P)
- ► Protection By The Lord (1 C, 70 P)
- ► Protection From... (65 P)
- ► Protection of Children (50 P)
- ► Protection of Old Men (13 P)
- ► Protection of the Brahmanas (1 C, 26 P)
- ► Protection of Women (1 C, 53 P)
- ► Questions On... Protection of Society (15 P)
- ► Well-protected (14 P)
Pages in category "Protection"
The following 333 pages are in this category, out of 333 total.
- Assurance of protection
- Being protected
- Dependent on the protection
- Lord's mission to protect the devotees
- Meant for protecting
- Praying for protection
- Proper protection
- Protect the Vedas
- Protected very carefully
- Protecting the bull
- Protection of children
- Protection of Krsna
- Protection of religious principles
- Protection of the devotees
- Protection of the faithful
- Protection of the sadhus
- Protection to the surrendered souls
- Require protection
- Responsible for the protection
- Seek the protection
- So-called protection
- Special protection
- Take protection
- The Lord is called Acyuta because He never fails in His prime duty, to give protection to His devotees
- Violence is required in order to give protection
- A devotee of the Lord never prays to the Lord to appear for the sake of the troubles the miscreants cause for him, and he never bothers Him by asking for protection
- A devotee will not depend on his material resources but on the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who can give real protection
- A king is always protected by his instructor guru
- A king is always protected by seven elements - his instructor (svami or guru), his ministers, his kingdom, his fort, his treasury, his royal order and his friends
- A king or governmental official should be so well qualified that he acts as a father, maintainer and protector of the citizens because of affection and love
- A king should protect brahminical culture and should be very alert to the welfare of his citizens; he should not be greedy due to attachment to material enjoyment
- A man is suffering from some disease, infected. That does not mean when the physician comes to treat him he is also infected. He knows how to protect himself, disinfectant
- A person who is actually advanced in self-realization protects his energy by controlling the senses
- A person who is puffed up by education has no humility and therefore does not seek the protection of a bona fide spiritual master. He thinks that he does not require a spiritual master and that he can achieve the perfection by his own efforts
- A pure devotee of the Lord never thinks of himself as the proprietor of his home. He surrenders everything unto the supreme control of the Lord, and thus he has no fear for maintaining his family or protecting the interests of his family
- A servant may desire to start his own business and imitate his master, and when he chooses to do so, he may leave the protection of his master. Sometimes he is a failure, and sometimes he is successful
- Abhimanyu's widow, Uttara, should have followed the path of her husband, but because she was pregnant, and Maharaja Pariksit, a great devotee of the Lord, was lying in embryo, she was responsible for his protection
- Abundant honey can be obtained if the forests are protected. Unfortunately, in modern civilization, men are busy killing the cows that are the source of yogurt, milk and ghee, they are cutting down all the trees that supply honey
- After Akrura was thus properly received and seated, Nanda Maharaja, the foster father of Krsna, said, "My dear Akrura, what shall I inquire from you? I know that you are being protected by Kamsa, who is most cruel and demoniac"
- After developing a taste for such things (chanting and remembering Krsna), one should try to live in Vrndavana and pass his time constantly remembering Krsna's name, fame, pastimes and qualities under the direction and protection of an expert devotee
- After getting on the chariot given by Sukracarya, Bali Maharaja, decorated with a nice garland, put protective armor on his body, equipped himself with a bow, and took up a sword and a quiver of arrows
- After hearing him (the brahmana), Arjuna immediately prepared himself by touching sanctified water and uttering holy mantras to protect his bows and arrows from danger
- After performing the formalities to protect the child, mother Yasoda took Krsna and let Him suck her breast. When the child was protected by visnu-mantra, mother Yasoda felt that He was safe
- After taking shelter in the holy name of the Lord and becoming immune, one should strictly restrain oneself from committing sinful acts with a hope that his method of chanting the holy name will give him protection
- After this nice political arrangement, the citizens of Mathura were pleased to live in Mathura, being protected by the strong arms of Krsna and Balarama
- Air is exhibited in the form of breathing, and as long as breath is there, one can understand that a sleeping man is alive. Even when the gross body is asleep the vital force remains active and alive to protect the body
- All their (the gopis) guardians forbade them to go to Krsna, but they disregarded them. Being young girls, they were protected either by husbands, elder brothers or fathers
- All these jewels (of the Red Fort) have been taken away when British government was there, and they are now protected in the British museum
- Always being anxious to protect the children and to execute their duties, they were not very tranquil. In a very short time, Krsna and Balarama began to stand up and slightly move on Their legs
- Among sannyasis the cultivation of Vedanta philosophy helps in becoming detached from sense gratification. Thus a sannyasi can protect the prestige of wearing a loincloth
- Another gopi said, "You (Krsna) have, out of Your own causeless mercy, appeared in this world, requested by Lord Brahma for the protection of the world. It is by Your kindness only that You have appeared in the dynasty of Yadu"
- Another hint we get from this statement (of Krsna) is that the candalas, or the untouchables, are also not to be neglected by the higher classes and should be given necessary protection
- Anxious about his two sons, who had been put under the protection of Nanda without Nanda’s knowledge, Vasudeva inquired about Them with great anxiety. Both Balarama and Krsna were the sons of Vasudeva
- Any material arrangement for protecting oneself from death is always unsure, but if one is in Krsna consciousness, then immortality is confidently assured
- Any woman who seeks a material husband for her protection, or any man who desires to become the husband of a woman, is under illusion
- Anyone who engages in devotional service, anywhere within this universe, is never unprotected
- Anyone who has given sincere service to Krsna for any one day, he cannot go away. He has Krsna's protection. This life, that life
- Apparently, they (the gopis) left their father, husband and came to Krsna. So that is, from Vedic principle, it is wrong. One young girl cannot go to other young man, giving up the protection of father, brother, and... So they did it
- Arjuna prepared to go to the forest with his bow and infallible arrows. He dressed himself with suitable protective garments, for he was to practice for the time when he would be killing many enemies on the battlefield
- Arjuna promised all protection to one Mayasura, and the latter presented him one valuable conchshell celebrated as the Devadatta. Similarly, he received many other valuable weapons from Indradeva when he was satisfied to see his chivalry
- Arjuna said, "My lord, I promise that I shall give protection to your children, and if I am unable to do so, then I shall enter into blazing fire so that the sinful contamination which has infected me will be counteracted"
- Arjuna said, "Similarly, if the king or the executive head of a state cannot give protection to the head of the social structure, he is considered merely a bluffer"
- As declared in Bhagavad-gita, the Lord appears in the mortal world to execute His much-needed mission of killing the miscreants and giving protection to the suffering faithful
- As for protecting the body or abiding by the rules of society and state, certainly there are different activities, even for the devotees, in connection with the conditional life, and such activities are called conditional
- As it is said in the Bhagavad-gita, paritranaya sadhunam vinasaya ca duskrtam: (BG 4.8) "The Lord comes to protect the devotees and annihilate the miscreants"
- As part of devotional service, Vaisnavas protect the body for the service of the Lord, but those who are gross materialists accept the body as the self
- As the ksatriyas were given charge of the protection of the citizens, vaisyas were given the charge of the protection of animals. Animals are never meant to be killed. Killing of animals is a symptom of barbarian society
- As the Lord appeared just to maintain Lord Brahma from the attack of Madhu and Kaitabha, He also appeared to protect the great devotee Prahlada Maharaja. Similarly, Lord Caitanya appeared in order to protect the fallen souls of Kali-yuga
- Balarama was transferred to the womb of Rohini, Vasudeva’s own wife, but Rohini was kept under the protection of Nanda Maharaja. Krsna was personally delivered to Yasoda and exchanged with her daughter
- Beautiful women protected by the demigods sported in the gardens (of King Indra's city), which had lotus ponds full of swans, cranes, cakravakas and ducks
- Because almost all the members of the Yadu dynasty went to Kuruksetra, some important personalities, Sucandra, Suka and Sarana, remained in Dvaraka to protect the city
- Because of the sinful things one does to earn money, augment his wealth and protect it, he is put into the hell called Sucimukha, where the officials of Yamaraja punish him by stitching thread through his entire body like weavers manufacturing cloth
- Because the body is temporary, not permanent, one cannot expose the body to being devoured by a tiger or killed by an enemy. All precautions should be taken to protect the body
- Beef is forbidden in the scriptures, and the bulls and cows are offered special protection by followers of the Vedas
- Being captivated by the activities of their offspring, they (parents) take much care for their well-being. As for Vasudeva and Devaki, they were always anxious for the protection of their sons, Krsna and Balarama
- Being forcibly taken away by Sankhacuda, the damsels of Vraja called out the names of Krsna and Balarama for protection. The two brothers immediately began to follow them, taking up big logs of sala wood in Their hands
- Being pleased with Banasura, he (Siva) said, "Whatever you desire you can have from me, for I am very much pleased with you." Banasura replied, "My dear lord, if you please, you can remain in my city just to protect me from the hands of my enemies"
- Below human beings are the animals, although some of them mingle with human society; cows, horses, dogs, etc., are habituated to living under the protection of human beings
- Both the demons and the gopis were spiritually liberated, but because the demons were enemies and the gopis were friends, the demons were killed and the gopis protected
- Both the King and the subjects were happy in the discharge of worldly duties, and thus protection of the citizens and enjoyment of natural life, with full cooperation of material nature, followed in the reign of Maharaja Yudhisthira
- Brahma, the head of the demigods, full of anxiety, asked them, "Do not eat me, but protect me. You are born from me and have become my sons. Therefore you are Yaksas and Raksasas"
- Brahmanas and ksatriyas protect each other, as well as themselves, and the Lord protects them through each other
- Desiring to congratulate its superior friend, the cloud poured not water but small flowers and covered the head of Krsna just like an umbrella to protect Him from the scorching sunshine
- Despite being harassed by the laws of material nature, the foolish living entity does not turn toward the Supreme Personality of Godhead for protection
- Devaki and Rohini said, "As long as They (Krsna and Balarama) were under your (Yasodadevi) care They had not even a pinch of difficulty. Under your protection, They were completely out of the way of all kinds of fear"
- Devarsi Narada also glorified Maharaja Sibi for his great achievements, specifically in charity and protection. Maharaja Sibi sacrificed his own son for the satisfaction of human beings in his kingdom
- Devotees, having no shelter other than the Supreme Personality of Godhead, naturally cry to Him (Krsna) for help, exactly like children who do not know anything but the protection of their parents
- Does the work of protection
- Eating, sleeping, sex life and protection from fearfulness. Now this has been done in so many lives. Why not in this life make a perfect process so that no more death, no more birth, no more disease, no more old age?
- Equal mercy to the punishable and the protectable
- Even if we take all precautions to protect ourselves against committing any sins - for the Vaisnavas, the devotees of Visnu, naturally do take all such precautions - still, unconsciously we kill many ants and other insects
- Even though one is in the renounced order, one who is advanced certainly feels compassion for suffering living entities. One should certainly neglect his own personal interests, although they may be very important, to protect one who has surrendered
- Even within your mother's womb, you will be killed, where it is supposed to be good protection, there also you will be killed. The human nation being degenerated in such a way, the killing business is increasing daily, daily, daily
- Everyone in the material world is full of thoughts about how to maintain his family, how to protect his wealth, how to keep pace with friends and relatives, etc. Thus he is always in fear and lamentation, trying to keep up with the status quo
- From Asmaka, Balika took birth. Because Balika was surrounded by women and was therefore saved from the anger of Parasurama, he was known as Narikavaca "one who is protected by women"
- From the movement of the different kinds of ornaments on their bodies (the gopis), they were looking still more beautiful. In this way, they all reached the house of Nanda-Yasoda and blessed the child: "Dear child, You live long just to protect us"
- Garga Muni informed Nanda that because he was a great devotee of Narayana, Narayana had given Nanda a son equal to Him. Garga Muni indicated that this son would be disturbed by so many demons and that Nanda should therefore be careful and protect Him
- Garga Muni said, "This child (Krsna) will grow in power, beauty, opulence - in everything - on the level of Narayana, the Supreme Personality of God. Therefore I would advise that you protect Him very carefully so that He may grow without disturbance"
- He (Bhisma) lamented that although the whole Pandava family was headed by King Yudhisthira, the most pious king, and protected by the two great warriors Bhima and Arjuna
- He said, "My Lord, You are the protector of brahminical culture, and You are also very merciful. Therefore, kindly show Your great mercy by protecting the religious principles of us two brahmanas"
- He who is situated in pure knowledge of the transcendence of the Supreme Personality of God is so protected in devotional service that material contamination cannot touch him
- Herein we find the history of the Bhagavad-gita traced from a remote time when it was delivered to the royal order of all planets, beginning from the sun planet. The kings of all planets are especially meant for the protection of the inhabitants
- Human society primarily requires food for subsistence, shelter for sleeping, defense for protection, and commodities for satisfaction of the senses
- I have come to Vrindaban to consult with you if it is possible to form an association of the Vaisnavas of all Indian Sampradayas to protect the interest and principles of all the Acaryas
- I have got some reports that the deities in Bombay are being much neglected. This is most abominable affair. Radha and Krishna should not ever be neglected or left unprotected
- If a devotee chants the holy name even once inoffensively, this protects him eternally. He need only wait for the results of the chanting to mature in due course of time
- If he gives all protection to the citizens and levies taxes on them, he can live very happily and peacefully in this life, and at the end of this life be elevated to the heavenly kingdom or even to the Vaikunthas, where he will be happy in all respects
- If I want to protect this body with all hygienic principles, soaps and pumice and injection and medicine and so many things, does it mean that you shall live? Can you overcome the laws of nature? No, that is not possible
- If Krsna protects, who can kill? And, if krsna kill, who can protect? So, if we are sincere servants, then Krsna will give us protection
- If living beings do not get protection by the ksatriya, or the royal order, or by the state, it is certainly shameful for the ksatriya or the state
- If once you speak something false, then to protect that falsehood you have to take to so many other falsehoods. This is the way of falsehood
- If one is determined not to be envious of anyone, he can naturally conquer anger. Similarly, one can give up the desire to accumulate wealth simply by considering how difficult it is to protect the money in one's possession
- If one is somewhat interested in spiritual life, the devotees of the Lord protect him in many ways
- If one is trained to protect his semen by observing celibacy, naturally he is not attracted by the beauty of a woman. If one can remain a brahmacari, he saves himself so much trouble in material existence
- If the Supreme Lord gives one protection, even though one has no protector and is in the jungle, one remains alive, whereas a person well protected at home by relatives and others sometimes dies, no one being able to protect him
- If we want actual protection, we should take protection of the Supreme, Krsna, or His devotee
- If you can protect yourself under the cover of law and you cheat others, then it is nice. But you cannot cheat the supervision of the Supreme. That you cannot do. A thief may steal secretly, but there is no secret. There is no secrecy for God
- In all kinds of danger, devotees of the Lord should be confident of their protection by the Visnudutas or the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- In childhood a woman should live under the protection of her father, a youthful woman should live under the protection of her young husband, and in the event of the death of her husband she should live under the protection of her grown-up sons
- In childhood Dhruva Maharaja rejected all kinds of toys and playthings, left the protection of his mother and seriously took shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu
- In modern times, since the protection of the government or the king has been withdrawn, social order has practically collapsed
- In order to protect the divine baby from Devaki's brother, Kamsa, Vasudeva delivered Krsna to Nanda and mother Yasoda in Vrndavana, and it was there that He exhibited His childhood pastimes
- In our Vedic science of living, it is enjoined that the society should be organized in such a way to protect women, children, old people and cows, because factually all of them are innocent
- In spite of all scientific protection, in spite of all good brains behind the manufacture of this Titanic ship, it was drowned
- In the Bhagavad-gita, Lord Krsna directly gave His order to Arjuna to commit violence on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, just to give protection to the people in general
- In the heavenly planet he (Arjuna) also met the great celebrated ascetic Lomasa and prayed to him for the protection of Maharaja Yudhisthira
- In the Nrsimha Purana, Lord Nrsimhadeva says, "Anyone who prays unto Me and takes shelter from Me becomes My ward, and I protect him always from all sorts of calamities"
- In this age, animals are kept nicely sheltered, completely confident that their masters will protect them, but unfortunately as soon as the animals are fat, they are immediately sent for slaughter
- In this way one can become completely confident and satisfied, knowing that he has someone who is able to give him all protection
- In three millenniums religious principles are protected by three kinds of spiritual culture, namely austerity, cleanliness and mercy
- In two hands Lord Visnu always carries a club and a cakra to kill demons, and in His other two hands He holds a conchshell and a lotus to give protection to His devotees
- In your country the dog is protected, & the cow is killed. The dog is passing stool & urine in the street, he is considered the best friend of man, & the cow is all pure, stool, urine, and milk, but they are taken to the slaughter house & killed for food
- It is also learned from the Hayasirsa-pancaratra that there are nine forms protecting the two Puris known as Mathura Puri and Dvaraka Puri. These nine forms are Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Narayana, Nrsimha, Hayagriva, Varaha and Brahma
- It is psychologically very natural that a prostitute does not care for her paramour as soon as he loses his money. Similarly, when the citizens find that a government is incapable of giving them full protection, they leave the country
- It is stated in the Bhagavad-gita that Lord Krsna descends in every millennium just to give protection to His devotees and to annihilate the nondevotees
- It is the characteristic of a devotee to observe and protect the Vaisnava etiquette. Maintenance of the Vaisnava etiquette is the ornament of a devotee
- It is the duty of attendants to give protection to their master, and in case of failure it is their duty to die
- It is the duty of the ksatriya kings to maintain the brahminical culture and protect the qualified brahmanas, and all these kings discharged their duties rightly
- Jarasandha, who was Kamsa's father-in-law, was extremely powerful, and therefore Kamsa took advantage of his protection and the help of the demons in persecuting the kings of the Yadu dynasty
- Just as the human citizens should be given all kinds of protection, so the cows also should be given full protection
- Just like a big lawyer takes the protection of the lawbook and he makes the law unlawful. Similarly, the demons are so intelligent that they take advantage of scriptural injunction and do all nonsense
- Just like there are some nation still now, protectorate. America is protecting. America is a big nation, and protecting another small nation. That does not mean they have no independence. They are also independent. They are acting like that
- Kamsa, protected by his father-in-law, Jarasandha, and with the help of his demoniac friends - Pralamba, Baka, Canura, Trnavarta, Aghasura, Mustika, Bana and Bhaumasura, Arista, Dvivida, Putana, Kesi, Dhenuka, Salva, began oppressing the Yadu dynasty
- Karmana-daiva-netrena: his (the husband's) circumstances are determined by his past fruitive activities. Therefore if one proudly thinks he can protect his wife, he is under illusion
- Kasyapa Muni desired to train his wife to be a Krsna conscious person, for this would suffice to protect both her and Indra
- Krsna addressed Balarama, "The members of the Yadu dynasty sense great danger before the soldiers of Jarasandha, and they are very much aggrieved. Just to give them protection, Your chariot is also here, filled with weapons"
- Krsna and Balarama were so restless that Their mothers Yasoda and Rohini would try to protect Them from cows, bulls, monkeys, water, fire and birds while they were executing their household duties
- Krsna consciousness movement, is killing these Jagai-Madhai principles: no illicit sex, no intoxication, no gambling, and no meat-eating. So one side killing the Jagai-Madhai principle, and other side protection, chanting Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- Krsna continued, "If a person is able to care for or give protection to old parents, a chaste wife, children, the spiritual master, brahmanas and other dependents but does not do so, he is considered already dead, although he is supposedly breathing"
- Krsna said at that time that the cows are worshiped even by the demigods, and He practically demonstrated how to protect the cows. At least people who are in Krsna consciousness should follow in His footsteps and give all protection to the cows
- Krsna said, "My dear father and mother, although you have always been anxious for the protection of Our lives, you could not enjoy the pleasure of having Us as your babies, as your growing boys and as your adolescent youths"
- Krsna wanted to impress on them that they were not old enough to take care of themselves. Actually, they required protection. It was not very wise for them to come in the dead of night to Krsna
- Krsna's well-wisher friends are a little bit older than Krsna, and they have some parental affection for Him. Because of their being older than Krsna they always try to protect Him from any harm
- Kunti continued, "I (Kunti) can fully understand that but for Your (Govinda's) lotus feet there is no shelter or protection. Your lotus feet can deliver all aggrieved souls because You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- Kunti continued, "When You (Krsna) sent Akrura, I could understand that there was no possibility of our being put in danger. All good fortune in our life began when You sent Akrura to us. Since, I have been convinced that we are not without protection"
- Kurus said, "O creator of innumerable universes, let us fall down and offer You (Balarama) our respectful obeisances again and again. We are now completely surrendered unto You. Please, therefore, be merciful upon us and give us Your protection"
- Kutila said, "Krsna, You are standing here, and Radharani, who has just been married to my brother, is also standing here. Now I know both of You very well, so why should I not be very anxious to protect my sister-in-law from Your dancing eyes"
- Learned priests gave her (Rukmini) protection by chanting mantras from the Sama Veda, Rg Veda and Yajur Veda. Then they chanted mantras from the Atharva Veda and offered oblations in the fire to pacify the influence of different stars
- Lord Caitanya chanted: "O Lord Rama, descendant of King Raghu, please protect Me. O Krsna, O Kesava, killer of the Kesi demon, please maintain Me"
- Lord Krsna said, "The proper prescribed duty of the brahmanas is the study of the Vedas; the proper duty of the royal order, and the ksatriyas, is engagement in protecting the citizens"
- Lord Krsna thought: "Mother sometimes binds Me as her son. She nourishes and protects Me, thinking Me utterly helpless"
- Making a loud, shrill sound of laughter, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, who is extremely strong and powerful, captured Hiranyakasipu, who was protecting himself with his sword and shield, leaving no gaps open
- May Lord Kesava protect me with His club in the first portion of the day, and may Govinda, who is always engaged in playing His flute, protect me in the second portion of the day
- May Lord Prsnigarbha protect Your intelligence, and the Supreme Personality of Godhead Your soul. While You are playing, may Govinda protect You, and while You are sleeping may Madhava protect You
- Mother Yasoda chanted different names of Visnu to protect child Krsna’s different bodily parts. Mother Yasoda was firmly convinced that she should protect her child from different kinds of evil spirits and ghosts
- Mother Yasoda was firmly convinced of the Vedic injunctions about the importance of cows and the holy name of Visnu; therefore she took all shelter in the cows and the name of Visnu just to protect her child Krsna
- Murmuring in anger and making a roaring sound, the people, under the protection of Lord Caitanya, became mad through such indulgence
- My (Manu) dear Dhruva, at the age of only five years you were very grievously afflicted by the words of your mother's co-wife, and you very boldly gave up the protection of your mother and went to the forest to engage in the yogic process
- My dear King Pracinabarhisat, the sons of Malayadhvaja gave birth to many thousands and thousands of sons, and all of these have been protecting the entire world up to the end of one Manu's life-span and even afterward
- Nanda Maharaja had no knowledge that this child (Krsna) was the origin of Visnu; he was praying to Lord Visnu to protect Him
- Nanda Maharaja said, "How can I honestly believe that he (Kamsa) is actually protecting the citizens of Mathura?"
- Nanda Maharaja said, "Kamsa's protection is just like the slaughterhouse keeper’s protection of animals he will kill in the future. He is so selfish that he has killed the sons of his own sister"
- No friend, no children, no father, no brother, no state and no one else can protect a person who is not protected by the Lord. One should, therefore, seek the protection of the Supreme Lord, for the human form of life is meant for seeking that protection
- Nobody can protect anyone. That is not possible. Everyone has to take care of himself. This world is like that. Don't depend. Only Krsna can protect you - nobody else
- Nonetheless they were given full protection by Krsna and Balarama
- Nonsense philosophy. That you protect your family but you eat the animal family
- Nor can he (a husband) protect their (women who worship You (Kamadeva) by strictly observing vows because they wish to acquire a husband to satisfy their senses) wealth or duration of life
- Not only children but also elderly persons should be very careful to protect their sense of Krsna consciousness and avoid unfavorable circumstances so that they may not forget their prime duty
- Now that Sri Krsna, the Absolute Truth, the master of all mystic powers, has departed for His own abode, please tell us by whom religious principles are presently protected
- On hearing that a brahmana was accusing the King of not properly protecting him, Arjuna became inquisitive and approached the brahmana
- On reaching Dvaraka, Lord Krsna saw that the whole city was greatly endangered. He placed Balaramaji in a strategic position for the protection of the city, and He Himself asked His charioteer, Daruka, to prepare to start
- One can give up the desire to accumulate wealth simply by considering how difficult it is to protect the money in one's possession. If one keeps a large amount of cash with him, he is always anxious about keeping it properly
- One devotee exclaimed, "His (Krsna's) body is just like the tamala tree, very blackish. His head is protected with a canopy of hair. There are the marks of srivatsa on His chest, and He is holding His conchshell"
- One should worship Lord Visnu or His devotee for spiritual advancement in knowledge, and for protection of heredity and advancement of a dynasty one should worship the various demigods
- One's longevity, opulence, beauty, education and whatever else one may possess as a result of pious activities cannot protect one if one commits an offense at the lotus feet of a Vaisnava
- Ordinary atonement may temporarily protect a sinful person, but it does not completely cleanse his heart of the deep-rooted desire to commit sinful acts
- Others interpret in this way: Krsna appeared in order to kill the demons and give protection to the devotees. The first demon to be killed was a woman. According to Vedic rules, the killing of a woman, a brahmana, cows or a child is strictly forbidden
- Pariksit Maharaja was not a foolish and partial administrator who would arrange for the protection of one living being and allow another to be killed.
- Persons who are advancing in Krsna consciousness should take instruction from this pastime (of mother Yasoda praying for protection of Krsna) and also be very much interested in cows and the holy name of Visnu
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna, "Foolish persons think that their material possessions will give them protection; engaged in sense gratification, they falsely accept this material world as a place of eternal enjoyment"
- Protect the citizens according to the instructions of the learned brahmana authorities
- Protected devotees
- Ramacandra is the ideal king for maintaining and protecting the highest culture of humanity
- Regarding against propoganda, it is going on practically everywhere, especially Bengal. So we have to work very sincerely and Krishna will give us protection
- Rejecting means to be under the control of maya, and voluntarily accepting the service of the Lord means to be under the protection of spiritual energy
- Roaring like a thundering cloud, in great anger the demon began to beat Pradyumna with his club, just as a thunderbolt beats a mountain. Pradyumna protected himself with his own club and eventually struck the demon very severely
- Rupa prays to his spiritual master, Sanatana Gosvami, for the protection of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu - the Ocean of the Pure Nectar of Devotional Service - from the argumentative logicians who unnecessarily meddle in the science of service to the Lord
- Simply to protect their lives, they hastily fled from their homes, wives, children, animals and household paraphernalia. Paying no heed to all these, the demons simply fled
- Since so-called leaders or dictators are completely under the control of material nature, they can never give complete protection to others, although they claim this ability due to false prestige
- Since the clouds in the sky were mildly thundering and showering, Ananta-naga, an expansion of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, followed Vasudeva, beginning from the door, with hoods expanded to protect Vasudeva and the transcendental child
- Some important personalities, like Aniruddha, the son of Pradyumna, and Krtavarma, the commander in chief of the Yadu dynasty, along with Sucandra, Suka and Sarana, remained in Dvaraka to protect the city
- Sometimes he (a great devotee brahmana) would protect the Lord with a filial affection, sometimes he would cry out to the Lord, addressing the Lord as his beloved, and sometimes he would meditate on the Lord as the Supersoul
- Sometimes, just like ordinary children, They (Krsna and Balarama) would be frightened by others and would immediately hurry to Their mothers for protection
- Sri Rupa Gosvami advises, therefore, that devotees who have already tasted the nectar of devotion should be very careful to protect devotional service from such dry speculators, formal ritualistic elevationists and impersonal salvationists
- Sridhara Swami continued, "Somehow or other, my dear Lord, I have come to take shelter under Your lotus feet. Please accept me and give me protection"
- Srila Vyasadeva compiled the Vedanta-sutra, and in order to protect it from unauthorized commentaries, he personally composed Srimad-Bhagavatam on the instruction of his spiritual master, Narada Muni, as the original commentary on the Vedanta-sutra
- Sukadeva answered Pariksit, "He (Mucukunda) was so powerful that even demigods like Indra used to ask him to help in fighting the demons, and as such he often fought against the demons to protect the demigods"
- Superficially, it appeared that Prahlada Maharaja did wrong because his father was killed before him. Suppose if your father is killed before you and if you stand only, if you don't speak any protest to protect the father, who will agree with you?
- Svayambhuva Manu, however, appears to have been in charge of the entire universe, and he entrusted to his son, Maharaja Priyavrata, the responsibility for maintaining and protecting all the planetary systems
- Svayambhuva Manu, with the assistance of Lord Brahma, thus fulfilled his desires. With the permission of the great sage Narada, he delivered to his son the governmental responsibility for maintaining and protecting all the planets of the universe
- Taksaka flattered Kasyapa by presenting him with valuable offerings and thereby stopped the sage, who was expert in counteracting poison, from protecting Maharaja Pariksit
- The appearance of the individual living entities is not factually due to material nature alone, just as a child produced by a woman is not her independent production
- The attendants who came with Sati were meant to protect her from calamities, but since they were unable to protect their master's wife, they decided to die for her, and before dying they wanted to kill Daksa
- The Bhagavad-gita confirms that the devotee always absorbed in Krsna consciousness has no anxieties for his maintenance or protection. Being constantly absorbed in Krsna consciousness, he ultimately achieves the highest perfection
- The Bhagavad-gita's instructions are equal for everyone: everyone should surrender unto the Supreme Lord, and He will take charge of one and protect one from sinful reactions
- The body should be properly cared for. Because the body is temporary, not permanent, one cannot expose the body to being devoured by a tiger or killed by an enemy. All precautions should be taken to protect the body
- The bow was very big and wonderful and resembled a rainbow in the sky. Within the sacrificial arena, this bow was protected by many constables and watchmen engaged by King Kamsa
- The brahmana said, "He (Arjuna) promised to protect my child when even Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Lord Balarama and Lord Krsna had failed. If such great personalities could not protect my child, then who can do so?"
- The brahmana said, "There are also many other heroes, such as Pradyumna and Aniruddha, carrying bows and arrows, but they could not protect my children"
- The brain will give direction, the hand will give protection. Everything is required. Therefore we have named this "Krsna conscious society." "Society" means all classes of men required
- The charioteer replied, "My dear sir (Pradyumna), you are completely competent in the battlefield. But it is the duty of the charioteer and the warrior to protect each other in a precarious condition"
- The conditioned soul, under the illusion of the external energy, thinks that he is completely protected by his country, society, friendship and love, not knowing that at the time of death none of these can save him
- The demigods in all the planetary systems feared the terrific manifestation of the universal form and its glaring effulgence and so prayed for protection
- The demon took him (baby Pradyumna) and threw him directly into the sea. But, as it is said, "Whoever is protected by Krsna, no one can kill, and whoever is destined to be killed by Krsna, no one can protect"
- The elder gopis of Vrndavana were so absorbed in affection for Krsna that they wanted to save Him, although there was no need to, for He had already protected Himself. They could not understand Krsna was the Supreme Personality of God playing as a child
- The first victim of brahminical injustice was Maharaja Pariksit, and thus the protection given by the King against the onslaught of Kali was slackened
- The first words they (Lord Brahma and Lord Siva) spoke acclaimed that the Lord is true to His vow. As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, Krsna descends to this material world just to protect the pious and destroy the impious
- The forces of the Pandavas are limited, being protected by a less experienced general, Bhima, who is like a fig in the presence of Bhisma
- The four weapons of the Lord, especially the club and the Sudarsana cakra, always protect the devotees
- The gopis said, "There are many means of protection, but when one is doomed, none of the protective measures can help, and without Your protection the so-called sources of protection simply become sources of continued distress"
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: "May the carrier of the bow, who is known as the enemy of Madhu, and Lord Ajana, the carrier of the sword, protect Your two sides"
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: May Aja protect Your legs, may Maniman protect Your knees, Yajna Your thighs, Acyuta the upper part of Your waist, and Hayagriva Your abdomen
- The gopis, headed by mother Yasoda and Rohini, chanted the names of Visnu to give Krsna’s body full protection from all evil influences. They washed their hands and feet and sipped water three times, as is the custom before chanting mantra
- The king is responsible. The government is responsible that any one of his subject, either animal or man, he is not disturbed; he feels secure of his property, of his person. And it is the duty of ksatriya to save, to protect
- The ksatriya has to protect people from the onslaughts of maya. That is his duty
- The ksatriya king is considered to be the representative of God to give protection to the helpless and chastise the miscreants
- The ksatriyas should be very strong to be able to give protection to the weak. They should not pose themselves as nonviolent. If violence is required, they must exhibit it. But a person who is able to curb down his enemy may show forgiveness
- The living entity and the Supersoul are sitting side by side in the same tree, but despite being harassed by the laws of material nature, the foolish living entity does not turn toward the Supreme Personality of Godhead for protection
- The Lord appears in order to protect the devotees and kill the demons. Since the demons are always ready to oppose Vedic civilization, they are sure to be killed by the transcendental form of the Lord
- The Lord is impartial to all circumstances of the sufferings of the living entities, but to one who takes shelter at His lotus feet, the Lord gives proper protection, and He takes such a living entity back home, back to Himself
- The Lord is neither pious nor impious; He is always full in His spiritual potency, by which He shows equal mercy to the punishable and the protectable
- The Lord says in the Bhagavad-gita, "I shall give you protection from the reactions of sinful desires." These sinful desires are manifested in different types of bodies
- The Lord says repeatedly, "Don't hesitate. Don't consider that because you are giving up all other engagements there will be some flaw in your life. Don't think like that. I will give you all protection." That is the assurance of Lord Krsna in the BG
- The Lord's arms are the productive fields for the great demigods and other leaders of the living entities who protect the general mass
- The Lord's lotus feet are called tirtha-pada because under their protection there are hundreds and thousands of saintly persons who sanctify the sacred places of pilgrimage
- The Lord, being full and free from problems, can wholeheartedly care for His devotees. His concern is how to elevate and protect all those who have taken shelter at His feet
- The next excellence of Lord Krsna's appearance was that although He apparently gave protection to the devotees and annihilated the demons, both the devotees and the demons achieved the same result
- The opportunity is offered. If you don't take, that is your misfortune. We are offering, "Every one of you can become safe, safely protected by the father, Krsna"
- The person who denies the existence of the Lord and declares himself the Lord is called asura, and as such he is given protection by the strength of limited power subject to the sanction of the Lord
- The pious men who follow the rulings of the Vedas are also dear to Him, and therefore the pious men of this world are also protected by Him
- The protection of the earthly planet is dependent on proper rainfall, and as stated in Bhagavad-gita and other scriptures, sacrifices are performed to please those demigods who are in charge of rainfall
- The protection of the lives of both the human beings and the animals is the first and foremost duty of a government
- The pure devotees are always protected by the club of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and therefore Lord Brahma and I and even the time factor are not competent to chastise them
- The reptile society became so disturbed that their leader, Vasuki, appealed to Lord Brahma for protection. Lord Brahma made an arrangement by which Garuda would not create a disturbance
- The sadhu, who is a great devotee of the Lord, they might be tolerant. You can crucify him, can do any misbehavior to him. He's never angry. But God will never tolerate. We must always remember that. He has got special protection
- The Sanskrit word visvasta-ghata refers to one who breaks faith or causes a breach of trust. The mass of people should always feel security because of the government's protection
- The supreme duty of the ruling king is to give all protection to law-abiding persons and to chastise those who stray from the ordinances of the scriptures in ordinary times, when there is no emergency
- The Supreme Lord keeps on His neck those living entities who are pure, as one protects the jewels and pearls on the bosom and neck of one's body. Those living entities in pure Krsna consciousness are symbolized by the pearls on His neck
- The surabhi cow said, "We (the surabhi cows) do not know anyone else as the Supreme, nor do we go to any other god or demigods for protection"
- The surrendered soul said, "You are the supreme possessor of everything, so if You like You can kill me, or if You like You can give me protection. All authority belongs to You. I have nothing to claim as my own"
- The transcendental body of Krsna did not require any protection, but to instruct us on the importance of the cow, the Lord was smeared over with cow dung, washed with the urine of a cow, and sprinkled with the dust upraised by the walking of the cows
- The virat-purusa's face is the brahmanas, His arms are the ksatriyas, His thighs are the vaisyas, and the sudras are under the protection of His feet
- The whole idea is that woman require protection. They are very innocent, weaker sex. They should not be given freedom. Just like a child cannot be given freedom. It is dangerous
- The word vahan refers to the soldiers on horseback who protected the legs of the carrier elephants. According to the system of military arrangement, the legs of the elephant bearing the commander were also protected
- The wrinkles and depressions on different parts of the body are compared to trenches or canals, the eyes are compared to windows, and the eyelids are compared to protective gates
- Then in the end when he (Maharaja Dhruva) was completely purified he declined to accept any material benediction from the Lord. Similarly, Gajendra was also distressed and prayed to Krsna for protection, after which he became a pure devotee
- Then with His mace the Lord (Varahadeva) struck the enemy (Hiranyaksa) on the right of his brow, but since the demon was expert in fighting, O gentle Vidura, he protected himself by a maneuver of his own mace
- There are six points of surrender unto Krsna. One point of surrender is to believe that "Krsna will protect me." Just like a small child has got full faith in his mother: "My mother is there. There is no danger." Confident. I have seen it
- There is a Bengali, two lines: rakse krsna mare ke, mare krsna rakse ke. If Krsna, if God wants to kill somebody, oh, nobody can protect him. And if God wants to protect him, oh, nobody can kill him
- There is another description of Mother Yasoda in a devotee's prayer, "Let me be given protection by Mother Yasoda, whose curly hairs are bound with thread"
- There is no cause of lamentation, because the living entity as he is cannot be killed nor can the material body be saved for any length of time or permanently protected
- There is no question of independence. The woman must be given protection in childhood by the father unless she is married, and in youthhood by the husband, and in old age by grown-up sons. This is Vedic civilization
- There is some protectional element
- They (Krsna and Balarama) went to the abode of Varuna, for They were pledged to give protection to the inhabitants of Vrndavana, who were all unalloyed devotees of the Lord
- They (the cows and boys) said, "My dear Krsna! My dear Krsna! You and Balarama are very powerful. We are now burning from the heat of this blazing fire. Let us take shelter of Your lotus feet. We know You can protect us from this great danger"
- Thinking of their protection, he (Saubhari Muni) cursed Garuda with the following words: "Henceforward, from this day, if Garuda comes here to catch fish, then - I say this with all my strength - he will be immediately killed"
- Those who already know that the soul is separate from the body, who are liberated from the invincible knot in the heart, who are always engaged in welfare activities for all living entities and who never contemplate harming anyone...
- Those who are completely dependent on the will of the Lord are called sanatha, or those having someone to protect them
- Those who are the lowest of men refuse to take to Krsna consciousness because they think that they will be able to protect themselves without Krsna's care. This is their mistake
- Those who give up the protection of the Lord and become so-called lords themselves, out of spiritual ignorance, come back again to this material world, even after prolonged tapasya of the severest type. That is the verdict of all Vedic literature
- To protect dharma
- Trees also should be given protection. During its lifetime, a tree should not be cut for industrial enterprises
- Unfortunately, for want of proper protection by responsible kings, the system of social and spiritual orders has now become a hereditary caste system. But this is not the actual system
- Unless one is sufficiently protected by the Lord, he may fall down from his spiritual position; therefore one has to pray constantly to the Lord for protection and the blessing to carry out one's duty
- Upon hearing Arjuna speak in this way, the brahmana replied, "My dear Arjuna, Lord Balarama is present, but He could not give protection to my children. Lord Krsna is also present, but He also could not give them protection"
- Uttara said: O Lord of lords, Lord of the universe! You are the greatest of mystics. Please protect me, protect me, for there is no one else who can save me from the clutches of death in this world of duality
- Vasudeva and Devaki were full of anxieties for Krsna's and Balarama's protection, but they could not enjoy Their childhood pastimes
- Vasudeva continued, "You (krsna) had descended for the protection of the principles of religion as well as the destruction of the unfaithful"
- Vasudeva expressed his sorrow due to not being able to give protection to his own sons born of Devaki. He was thinking that religious principles, economic development and the satisfaction of his senses were therefore all lost
- Vasudeva was a ksatriya, and Nanda Maharaja was a vaisya. It is the duty of the ksatriyas to give protection to the citizens, and it is the duty of the vaisyas to give protection to the cows. The cows are as important as the citizens
- Vidura gave protection to the Pandavas on one hand, and on the other he tried to restrain his brother Dhrtarastra from such intriguing policies. Therefore, he was always partial to the Pandavas, just as a bird protects its eggs by its wing
- We may not have any objection for enacting a statute for controlling the unauthorized activities of unscrupulous Sadhus-but we must be prepared to protect the transcendental ideas enunciated by the great Acaryas
- We must not neglect them, for the demigods are our determined enemies. We must be careful to protect ourselves. To root them out from their very existence, we should just engage ourselves in your service and be always ready for your command
- We need His protection for our own interest
- We see that in some countries the government changes from party to party, and therefore the men in charge of the government are more eager to protect their position than to see that the citizens are happy. The Vedic civilization prefers monarchy
- We took up the mission of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura and Bhaktivinoda Thakura to preach the cult of Caitanya Mahaprabhu all over the world, under the protection of all the predecessor acaryas, and we find that our humble attempt has been successful
- When a bumblebee enters the opening of a lotus flower and drinks its honey, it is fully protected by the petals of the lotus. The bee is undisturbed by sunshine and other external influences
- When all the sages were comfortably seated, Lord Krsna, who descended for the protection of religion, began to address them on behalf of all the kings
- When it was learned that the demon was entering Gokula in an angry mood, Mother Yasoda became so anxious to protect her child that her face dried up and there were tears in her eyes
- When Krsna desires that "This man should be killed now," or "He must die now," nobody can check. Rakhe krsna mare ke mare krsna rakhe ke. If Krsna desires to kill somebody, nobody can give him protection - no power
- When mother Yasoda & Rohini were unable to protect the babies from calamities threatened by horned cows, by fire, by animals with claws & teeth such as monkeys, dogs & cats & by thorns, swords & other weapons on the ground, they were always in anxiety
- When Mother Yasoda heard that Krsna's cows were being forcibly moved by the strong servants of Kamsa and that the tender cowherd boys were trying to protect their cows, she began to think
- When one is substantially convinced that he is always protected by Krsna in all circumstances, that feeling is called reverential devotion
- When she thought that Krsna was holding up the hill for such an extremely long time, her clothes became soaked with perspiration. May mother Yasoda Vrajesvari protect the whole universe by her infinite mercy!
- When the great sages, headed by Bhrgu, saw that in the absence of King Anga there was no one to protect the interests of the people, they understood that without a ruler the people would become independent and nonregulated
- When the Lord appears for the protection of His devotees, He naturally accepts trials and tribulations on their behalf
- When the moment of death is there, no one may protect us, and if we are not prepared for that moment by practicing Krishna Consciousness or God-consciousness, then we shall be struck with fear and we shall not know where we are going after
- When there was a complete inundation after the period of the Caksusa Manu and the whole world was deep within water, the Lord (Matsya) accepted the form of a fish and protected Vaivasvata Manu, keeping him up on a boat
- When there was a forest fire all of Krsna's friends neglected their own protection and surrounded Krsna on all sides to protect Him from the flames
- Whenever the government disrespects the supremacy of the Personality of Godhead and fails to protect the institution of varnasrama-dharma, it will certainly have to face such catastrophes as formerly brought about by Lord Parasurama
- While the bhakti creeper is growing, the devotee must protect it by fencing it all around. The neophyte devotee must be protected by being surrounded by pure devotees
- Why you create unnecessary necessities of life and become complicated and forget Krsna? What is this civilization? Rascal civilization. Instead of giving protection to the cows, you are cutting the throat. Is that civilization?
- Within a week there would be an inundation throughout the universe and that the fish incarnation would protect the King, along with the rsis, herbs, seeds and other living entities, in a boat, which would be attached to the fish's horn
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: My dear Krsna, may Lord Cakradhara protect Your front; may Lord Gadadhara protect Your back; may Lord Madhusudana, who carries a bow in His hand, protect Your right side; may Lord Ajana protect Your left side
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: My dear Krsna, may Lord Haladhara protect You from all sides; may the Personality of Godhead known as Hrsikesa protect all Your senses; may Lord Narayana protect Your life airs
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: My dear Krsna, may Lord Kesava protect Your heart; may Lord Isa protect Your chest; may Lord Surya protect Your neck; may Lord Visnu protect Your arms; may Lord Urukrama protect Your face; may Lord Isvara protect Your head
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: My dear Krsna, may Lord Urugaya with His conchshell protect You on all sides; may the Personality of Godhead Upendra protect You from above; may Lord Tarksya protect You on the ground
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: My dear Krsna, may the Lord of Svetadvipa, Narayana, protect the core of Your heart; may Lord Yogesvara protect Your mind; may Lord Prsnigarbha protect Your intelligence; and may the Supreme Personality of God protect Your soul
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: My dear Krsna, may the Lord who is known as Aja protect Your legs; may Lord Maniman protect Your knees; may Lord Yajna protect Your thighs; may Lord Acyuta protect Your upper waist; may Lord Hayagriva protect Your abdomen
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: When You (Krsna) are sitting, may Lord Narayana give You all protection; and while You are eating, may the Lord of all sacrifices give You all protection
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: While You (Krsna) are playing, may Lord Govinda protect You from all sides, and when You are sleeping, may Lord Madhava protect You from all danger; when You are walking, may the Lord of Vaikuntha protect You from falling down
- Yasoda began to think, "How can I protect these poor boys from the invasion of Kamsa's servants?" This is an instance of a superior attitude in a devotee
- You appear on this earth by Your internal potency to protect Your devotees and destroy the miscreants. By such an appearance You reestablish the principles of eternal religion, which human society forgets by long association with the material energy