Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
prior | priori
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Before (16 C, 1,124 P)
Pages in category "Prior"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- A householder is ordered to go to the forest as vanaprastha to acquire complete knowledge and then to take sannyasa prior to his inevitable death
- Although the Mayavadis believe that prior to its manifestation the cosmos was in Brahman, after creation it remains in Brahman, and after destruction it merges into Brahman, they do not know what Brahman is
- An ancient king prior to the Mahabharata period, referred to by Narada Muni while instructing Sanjaya, as mentioned in Mahabharata (Drona-parva 67). Rantideva was a great king, liberal for hospitality and distribution of foodstuff
- If one party wants to travel into another zone, that's all right, but there must be prior agreement between the GBC men and mutual consent
- It is impossible to go directly to the university without prior schooling. In spiritual life, however, although there are strict regulations, by the Supreme Lord's grace one can bypass many intermediary stages and reach the top, or "doctorate" level
- Krsna says, "Prior to the cosmic creation, only I exist, and no phenomena exist, either gross, subtle or primordial. After creation, only I exist in everything, and after annihilation, only I remain eternally"
- Kuntidevi never forgot her first child, Karna, and after Karna's death in the Battle of Kuruksetra she lamented and admitted before her other sons that Karna was her eldest son prior to her marriage with Maharaja Pandu
- Prior to the age of Kali there was no need for such a book of knowledge to know the Lord and His potential energies, but with the beginning of the age of Kali human society gradually became influenced by four sinful principles
- Prior to the cosmic creation, only I (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) exist, and no phenomena exist, either gross, subtle or primordial. After creation, only I exist in everything, and after annihilation, only I remain eternally
- Prior to the manifestation of the cosmos, Lord Brahma, by meditating on the virat-rupa, regained his lost consciousness by appeasing the Lord
- Sankhacuda was killed by the Lord during His pastimes at Horika in the month of Phalguna, and the same ceremony is still observed in India by the burning of the effigy of Sankhacuda one day prior to the Lord's pastimes at Horika, generally known as Holi
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: Formerly, prior to the manifestation of the cosmos, Lord Brahma, by meditating on the virat-rupa, regained his lost consciousness by appeasing the Lord. Thus he was able to rebuild the creation as it was before
- The Lord left this earthly planet in His own transcendental body, and as soon as He left, the symptoms of the Kali-yuga, as were envisioned by Maharaja Yudhisthira prior to Arjuna's arrival from Dvaraka, began to manifest
- The Lord, however, left this earthly planet in His own transcendental body, and as soon as He left, the symptoms of the Kali-yuga, as were envisioned by Maharaja Yudhisthira prior to Arjuna's arrival from Dvaraka, began to manifest
- The period of life just prior to death is certainly very dangerous because usually at this time people are attacked by the weakness of old age as well as many kinds of disease
- The Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna appeared before us just a little prior to the beginning of Kali-yuga, and He returned to His eternal home practically at the commencement of Kali-yuga
- The unmarried girls of Vrndavana were already attracted by the beauty of Krsna. They were, however, engaged in the worship of goddess Durga in the beginning of the Hemanta season (just prior to the winter season)
- These symptoms (slight breathing exhiliration, their eyes were wide open, the colors of their bodies were changed) are prior manifestations of death
- This ecstatic love is prior to the pure love of Krsna, because in the next verse Narada confirms that by the gradual process of hearing from the great sages he developed love of Godhead