Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
prayerful | prayer | prayerfully | prayers | prayer's
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Caitanya's Praying (2 P)
- ► Gayatri Mantra (3 C, 61 P)
- ► I Pray (Prabhupada) (101 P)
- ► Krsna's Praying (empty)
- ► Questions On... Prayer (41 P)
- ► Radharani's Praying (2 P)
- ► Stotra (3 P)
Pages in category "Prayer"
The following 182 pages are in this category, out of 182 total.
- According to great learned scholars, the whole Bhagavad-gita contains many authorized prayers, especially in the Eleventh Chapter, where Arjuna prays to the universal form of the Lord
- According to the prayers of the personified Vedas, however, none of them (Mayavadis' opinion) is valid because their process of knowledge is created within the temporary material world
- Actually I was very ill. I was falling down. But, by your prayers Krishna has kindly made me recover
- After devotedly worshiping the upraised lotus feet of the Supreme Lord with oblations of water, Lord Brahma, who was born of the lotus emanating from Lord Visnu's navel, offered prayers to the Lord
- After hearing Lord Siva's prayer, Lord Krsna replied, "My dear Lord Siva, I accept your statements, and I also accept your desire for Banasura. I know that this Banasura is the son of Bali Maharaja, and as such I cannot kill him, for that is My promise"
- After hearing the prayer of Dabira Khasa and Sakara Mallika, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Dabira Khasa, you two brothers are My old servants"
- After hearing the prayers of the kings released from the prison of Jarasandha, Lord Krsna, who is always the protector of surrendered souls and the ocean of mercy for the devotees, replied to them as follows in His sweet, transcendental voice
- After hearing the prayers offered by Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to His residence, and the Bhattacarya, through Gopinatha Acarya, induced the Lord to accept lunch there
- After hearing the words of Brahma, the creator, which were free from all sinful purposes and as sweet as nectar, the Lord heartily laughed and accepted his prayer with a glance laden with love
- After Lord Krsna heard the prayers of Bali Maharaja, He spoke as follows, "My dear King of the demons, in the millennium of Svayambhuva Manu, the Prajapati known as Marici begot six sons, all demigods, in the womb of his wife, Urna"
- Akrura offered his prayers as follows, "My dear Lord, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You because You are the supreme cause of all causes and the original inexhaustible personality, Narayana"
- Akrura, the charioteer, attained success simply by chanting prayers for the Lord
- All the devotees followed Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to a place known as Alalanatha. There they all offered respects and various prayers
- All the Praceta princes simply stood in the water for ten thousand years and recited the prayers given to them by Lord Siva
- Allah. So if Allah cannot hear, then what is the use of offering prayers? If we are offering prayer, so Allah must hear it
- Although Krsna touched their feet and offered them obeisances and prayers, they did not embrace Him but simply stood up to hear the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Although the demigods did not come to the aid of Gajendra, the Supreme Personality of Godhead immediately appeared before him because of his fervent prayer
- An unalloyed devotee who has developed ecstatic love for Krsna is always engaging his words in reciting prayers to the Lord
- Any saintly person would come, my father would simply say, "Give blessings to my son that he may become a Radharani's servant." That was my father's prayer. He never prayed that "My son may become very rich man."
- As soon as a devotee is inspired by the Lord to offer the Lord a prayer, the devotee immediately glorifies the Lord in the beginning by saying, "All glories unto You, my Lord
- Because Krsna is unaffected by favorable prayers or unfavorable blasphemy one should not therefore blaspheme the Supreme Lord
- Bhismadeva will also offer his last prayer to the Lord on the verge of passing away from this mortal world and thus become liberated from the bondage of further material engagements
- By the mercy of the Lord even a layman can compose prayers of the highest spiritual perfection. Such spiritual perfection is not limited by material qualifications but is developed by dint of one's sincere endeavor to render transcendental service
- Devahuti, the mother of Kapila, instead of prolonging her prayers, summarized that Lord Kapila was none other than Visnu and that since she was a woman it was not possible for her to worship Him properly simply by prayer
- Devaki, on seeing her brother approaching, prayed in a very meek attitude to Kamsa: “My dear brother, please do not kill this female child. I promise that this child will be the wife of your son; therefore don’t kill her
- Devotees in a conjugal relationship with the Lord rebuke Him to correct His behavior, and the Lord enjoys those rebukes more than the prayers of the Vedas
- Devotees pray that if simply by offering something as an enemy Putana got so much benefit, then who can measure the benefit of worshiping Krsna in love and affection? Therefore only Krsna should be worshiped, for so much benefit awaits the worshiper
- Dhruva wanted the best of all planets, and although it was a childish prayer, the Lord satisfied his demand
- Especially in this scientific age, when television, radio messages are broadcast thousands and thousands of miles away, and you can hear, now why can you...? Why Krsna cannot hear your prayer, sincere prayer? How can you say it? Nobody can deny it
- Even in the ranks and files of the American Senate, the pinpricks of material existence are felt, so much so that April 30, 1974, was actually set aside as Prayer Day
- Generally, people worship goddess Durga for some material benediction. Here, the gopis prayed to the goddess to become wives of Lord Krsna
- God is as sentient as we are. He is satisfied by our prayers and dissatisfied by our harsh words against Him. In order to give protection to His devotee, He is always ready to tolerate insulting words from the atheists
- He (Indra) had offered his prayer, tipping down his head to the lotus feet of Krsna, but as soon as his purpose had been served, he became a different creature. That is the way of the dealings of materialistic men
- He (King Nrga) prayed to them that he was their servant and that there had been some mistake. Thus, in order to rectify it, he prayed that they be very kind upon him and accept his offer in exchange for the cow
- He (Narada Muni) became established in the truth, and he became so happy that he offered prayers to Narayana Rsi
- He began to quote one of Lord Brahma's prayers from Srimad-Bhagavatam, but he changed two syllables at the end of the verse
- Here in Los Angeles I have so many tapes of my singing prayers, chanting new tunes of Hare Krishna, playing mrdanga, and purports to prayers
- His (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami's) statement is confirmed in the prayers by the personified Vedas
- I pray to the lotus feet of the six Gosvamis - Sri Rupa, Sanatana, Bhatta Raghunatha, Sri Jiva, Gopala Bhatta and Dasa Raghunatha - so that all impediments to my writing this literature will be annihilated and my real desire will be fulfilled
- Ideal prayer of all pure devotees
- If it (trouble in the universe) is not to be solved even by Brahmaji, then Brahmaji consults and prays to the Ksirodakasayi Visnu for an incarnation and solution to the problems
- If you want to conquer over this unconquerable Krsna, then, according to the prayer of Brahma and appreciated by Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu: "You remain in your place, it doesn't matter, but you become very humble. Don't be puffed up"
- In his disturbed condition, he began to pray to these clouds, and he expressed his jubilation by bowing down before them
- In his prayers, Citraketu said that millions of universes rest in the pores of Sankarsana, who is limitless, having no beginning and end
- In the Gautamiya Tantra all the verses are called prayers. Again in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, there are hundreds of prayers to the Lord. So a devotee should select some of these prayers for his recitation
- In the Narayana-vyuha-stava prayers it is said that if the great Brahma is not a devotee of the Lord he is most insignificant, whereas if a microbe is a devotee of the Lord he is most famous
- In the prayers of Queen Kunti we find mention of this inconceivable potency of Krsna
- In the Vedic mantras, there is a particular type of prayer called Purusa-sukta. Generally, the demigods offer their obeisances unto Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, by chanting the Purusa-sukta
- In this condition one utters prayers and does not reply to others' inquiries. Looking at one's own body, concealing one's desires and not heeding the words of others are symptoms visible in the ecstasy of garva
- In this connection, one prayer by Rupa Gosvami is sufficient to exemplify this hopefulness
- In this same prayer, there is another passage in which it is said, "My dear Lord Damodara, once when You were playing as a naughty boy in the house of Nanda Maharaj"
- In this way, Krsna consciousness was fully explained to Maharaja Pariksit by Sukadeva Gosvami as he recited to the King the statements and prayers of Lord Brahma
- It is significant that Lord Siva personally offered his prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead just as he was taught by his father, Lord Brahma. Similarly, he was also preaching to the princes according to the parampara system
- It is stated in Srinivasacarya’s prayer to the six Gosvamis that they left the material opulences of government service and the princely status of life and went to Vrndavana, where they lived just like ordinary mendicants, begging from door to door
- It is the duty of a son or a disciple to offer respects and recite suitable prayers when he approaches his father or spiritual master. But Bhrgu Muni purposely failed to offer respects, just to see Lord Brahma’s reaction to this negligence
- Lord Brahma became struck with wonder by this extraordinary feat of Krsna’s, and in a prayer he stated that although anyone and everyone could say they knew all about Krsna, as far as he was concerned, he did not know anything about Him
- Lord Caitanya instructed Sanatana to describe initiation, morning duties and duties of cleanliness - washing the face, brushing the teeth, and so on - the process of work and the prayers to be recited both in the morning and the evening
- Lord Caitanya never even heard the prayers of the deva-dasis offered in the temple of Jagannatha because a sannyasi is forbidden to hear songs sung by the fair sex
- Lord Krsna was satisfied by the prayers and statements of Jambavan, and to mitigate Jambavan's pain, He began to stroke the lotus palm of His hand all over Jambavan's body
- Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is offered sublime, poetic prayers by those trying to attain His favor
- Lord Ramacandra remained silent, and His silence shows that He accepted the prayers of the sages (they desired conjugal love in the manner of the gopis). Thus they were blessed by Lord Ramacandra to have association with Lord Krsna in their future lives
- Lord Sri Krsna was very much pleased by Akrura's offering of prayers. With His smile captivating Akrura more and more, the Lord replied to his submissive devotional statements with the following sweet words
- Maharaja Prthu, the incarnation of God, descended by the prayer of the brahmanas to rectify the disorders on earth. He produced all kinds of crops. But, at the same time, he performed the duty of a son who delivers his father from hellish conditions
- Many sages, including Sankaracarya, have composed prayers in praise of the Ganges, and the land of India itself has become glorious because such rivers as the Ganges, Yamuna, Godavari, Kaveri, Krsna and Narmada flow there
- My dear princes (the Pracetas), in the form of a prayer I (Siva) have delineated the yoga system of chanting the holy name. All of you should take this important stotra within your minds and promise to keep it in order to become great sages
- My father never prayed that "My son may become very rich man." He never prayed like that. Actually, his ardent desire that his son may become a Vaisnava. And my Guru Maharaja's training has put me this position
- My father was Vaisnava. He was Vaisnava, and he wanted me to become a Vaisnava. Whenever some saintly person would come, he would ask him, "Please bless my son that he can become a servant of Radharani." That was his prayer
- Narada also cited instances wherein demons like Ravana and Banasura were enriched with great opulences simply by satisfying Lord Siva with prayers
- No amount of chosen words is sufficient to enumerate the Lord's glory, and yet He is satisfied by such prayers as the father is satisfied even by the broken linguistic attempts of the growing child
- Not wanting to detract from the mission of the Lord (Balarama) in killing Romaharsana Suta, all of them (the sages) prayed, "Our dear Lord, the uncommon use of Your kusa weapon to kill Romaharsana Suta may remain as it is"
- One devotee therefore prayed to the parents of Lord Krsna as follows, "Let me take shelter of the elderly parental devotees of Lord Krsna"
- One should (17) circumambulate the temple, (18) recite various prayers, (19) chant softly, (20) chant congregationally, (21) smell the incense and flower garlands offered to the Deity, and (22) eat the remnants of food offered to the Deity
- One should not offer obeisances silently to the spiritual master; or in other words, one should recite aloud the prayers to the spiritual master while offering obeisances
- One thing you must know that any prayer you offer to your Spiritual Master and Superior Spiritual Master, all of them are conveyed to Krishna, so no sincere prayers go in vain
- One who always remembers your (Prahlada) activities and My (Nrsimhadeva) activities also, and who chants the prayers you have offered, becomes free, in due course of time, from the reactions of material activities
- One who reads the thousand names of Visnu can be released from all offenses. In the same Skanda-Purana, Reva-khanda, it is said that one who recites prayers to tulasi or sows a tulasi seed is also freed from all offenses
- Our prayer of the Hare Krishna Mantra means addressing Radha and Krishna for being engaged in Their service. Hare Krishna means "Oh Hare, Oh Radharani! Oh Krishna! Please engage me in Your service so that I can get relief from the service of Maya"
- Prahlada Maharaja was tortured by his father in so many ways, yet after the death of his father he prayed for his father's liberation by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Prayer of the inhabitants of Vrndavana is the superexcellent type of self-realization. The method is very simple: to fix the mind always on the lotus feet of Krsna, to talk always of Krsna without passing on to any other subject matter
- Prayers must be approved by Vedic literature
- Prince Dhruva, though only a boy, took to severe penances in the forest. And the Lord, being satisfied by his prayer, awarded him the Dhruva planet, which is worshiped by great sages, both upward and downward
- Prthu Maharaja indicated that prayers should not be offered to an unfit person who pretends to be an incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Regarding the prayer from "Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu", yes it is very nice, and approved by me
- Rendering personal service to the Deities. 13) Singing. 14) Sankirtana. 15) Chanting. 16) Offering prayers. 17) Reciting notable prayers. 18) Tasting maha-prasadam (food from the very plate offered before the Deities
- Rukmini continued, "Although You (Krsna) do not possess anything, the great demigods who accept prayers and worship from others come and worship You to solicit Your mercy. How can You be categorized among the poor"
- Sages like Marici prayed for the mercy of the Lord (to protect Brahma, who was sexually inclined to his own daughter, from the allurement of lusty material desires), and their prayer was fruitful
- Since goddess Durga is always worshiped with her famous children (Laksmi, Sarasvati, Ganesa, Karttikeya), Rukmini specifically offered her respectful obeisances to the deity in that way; however, her prayers were special
- So far the singing of the prayers to the Spiritual Master is concerned, there is no limitation on how many times it is sung. But it should be done three times daily, and morning it is required
- Some of these ladies were very old and knew perfectly well how to chant prayers to goddess Durga and Lord Siva; so, followed by Rukmini and others, they led these prayers before the deity
- Sri Advaita Acarya sent four persons - Nityananda Gosani, Jagadananda Pandita, Damodara Pandita and Mukunda Datta - to accompany the Lord. After pacifying His mother, Sacimata, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu submitted prayers to her lotus feet
- Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, one of the six Gosvamis of Vrndavana, has written in his prayers called the Manah-siksa that one should simply worship Radha and Krsna with all attention
- Sri Yamunacarya, in his prayers to the Lord, has expressed a similar idea in the following words, "My dear Lord, I may be living within some body as a human being or as a demigod, but whatever mode of life, I do not mind"
- Sri-Sri-Gurv-astakam, 1969 - This song is offering obeisances particularly to the spiritual master, and the symptoms of the spiritual master are described in this prayer
- Srila Bilvamangala Thakur prays in his book as follows: "Let Srimati Radharani purify the whole world, because She has surrendered Herself completely unto Krsna"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami composed three prayers with the title Caitanyastaka. The verse next quoted is text 7 from the first of the Caitanyastaka prayers, which are included in the book Stava-mala
- Srila Rupa Goswami offers his respectful prayers to the eternal Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is always so beautiful and for whom the pure devotees are always engaged in loving transcendental service
- Srila Srinivasa Acarya describes in his prayers to the six Gosvamis that they were all highly learned scholars, not only in Sanskrit but also in foreign languages such as Persian and Arabic
- Srimati Kuntidevi, felt such separation like a thunderbolt, and the whole prayer of the Queen is to try to persuade the Lord to stay with them (Pandavas)
- Students who do not pray or meditate in the early morning, and again in the evening, gradually become agnostics, and their minds float about aimlessly without purpose
- Students' prayers 24 hours a day to listen to the political talks and desiring the war should stop is useless. God cannot be their order supplier
- Svayambhuva Manu indirectly convinced Kardama Muni: "You desire a suitable wife like my daughter (Devahuti), and she is now present before you. You should not reject the fulfillment of your prayer; you should accept my daughter"
- The 108 Upanisads contain all knowledge about the Absolute Truth. Sometimes people ask why Vaisnavas use 108 prayer beads for chanting the holy names. We think it is because there are 108 Upanisads containing full knowledge of the Absolute Truth
- The Brahmana prayed, "As far as I am concerned, I wish only to worship Maharaj Nanda because the supreme absolute Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is crawling in his courtyard as his own child"
- The conclusion is that God is as sentient as we are. He is satisfied by our prayers and dissatisfied by our harsh words against Him
- The creation and manifestation of the material or spiritual energy does not render the creator impersonal. Here the very prayer suggests that God is sentient and can hear the prayers and fulfill the desires of the devotee
- The denizens of the upper planets showered flowers, beat drums, played different types of flutes and sang various prayers and songs. In this way, all the denizens of heaven, such as the Gandharvas, Siddhas and demigods, became very much pleased
- The devotee prayed, "Her eyes are always engaged in seeing the face of Krsna, and thus they are always filled with tears"
- The devotee prayed, "Let us offer our respectful obeisances unto them for being so kind to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the parent of the whole universe"
- The devotee prayed, "They are always anxious to serve Krsna and to maintain Him, and they are always so kind to Him"
- The devotee prayed, "Whose (Yasoda) hair is very brightly beautified by the vermilion placed in the part, and whose bodily frame derides all her ornaments"
- The devotee prays, "Simply by their beautiful attractive features they are worshiping the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna"
- The devotee's prayer continues, "I do not ask You for liberation or any material facility up to the point of liberation. What I want as Your favor is that I may always think of Your form as I see You now as Damodara"
- The devotee's prayer continues, "You (Krsna) are so beautiful and attractive that my mind does not want anything else besides this wonderful form"
- The devotee's prayer continues, "You (Krsna) broke the box containing yogurt, and because of that Mother Yasoda considered You an offender and tied You with rope to the household grinding mortar"
- The devotee's prayer, "At that time You delivered two sons of Kuvera, Nalakuvara and Manigriva, who were staying there as two arjuna trees in the yard of Nanda Maharaj. My only request is that by Your merciful pastimes You may similarly deliver me"
- The girls prayed, “O supreme external energy of the Personality of Godhead, O supreme mystic power, O supreme controller of this material world, O goddess, please be kind to us and arrange for our marriage with the son of Nanda Maharaja, Krsna"
- The God of the monists, or Mayavadis, cannot eat, see, or hear. Such a concocted, formless God can never bring peace to the world. How can a God who has no sensory organs see the miseries of the people or hear their heartfelt prayers?
- The goddess was satisfied by the prayers of the citizens of Dvaraka, and she immediately offered them her benediction
- The gopis prayed to the demigods to create some natural disturbance, such as a hurricane, storm or heavy rainfall, so that Krsna could not go to Mathura
- The inhabitants of Naimisaranya, learned sages and brahmanas, became most pleased by seeing this, and they offered their respectful prayers to Lord Balarama
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana said, "By the will of the supreme authority and according to the results of our own work, we may take our birth anywhere. It doesn’t matter where we are born, but our only prayer is that we may simply be engaged in KC"
- The list of offenses, 10 kinds, are in my apartment in N.Y., & you ask your God-brother, Brahmananda, & he will supply you. Similarly, there is another list of the qualifications, as well as prayer for Spiritual Master, are also there. Try to secure them
- The Lord accepts the chastisements of the parents more cheerfully than the prayers of the Vedic hymns. Similarly, He accepts the reproaches of His fiancees more palatably than the Vedic hymns
- The Lord inquired, "What is your order? For what purpose have you come here?" Paramananda Puri then submitted his prayer that the Lord show favor to Junior Haridasa
- The Mayavadi philosopher cannot understand that the Lord has feelings. The Lord is satisfied if someone offers Him a nice prayer, and similarly, if someone decries His existence or calls Him by ill names, God is dissatisfied
- The Nagapatnis (wives of Kailya) knew that Krsna is the shelter of all surrendered souls, and they desired to release their husband from the impending danger by pleasing the Lord with their prayers
- The Nagapatnis said, "O Lord (Krsna), we are submitting our prayers unto You. You can appreciate that this poor serpent is going to give up his life. You know that for us women our husband is our life and everything"
- The next prayer of the personified Vedas to the Lord concerns His entering into different species of life
- The order of worshiping is first Spiritual Master, and then Lord Caitanya, then Radha Krsna (as in the mantras or Bunde aham prayer)
- The parents of the Lord (who are all pure devotees) consider Him a child only. The Lord accepts the chastisements of the parents more cheerfully than the prayers of the Vedic hymns
- The personified Vedas continued their prayers, "Dear Lord, Your impersonal feature is explained in the Vedas. You have no hands, but You can accept all sacrifices offered to You. You have no legs, but You can walk more swiftly than anyone else"
- The prayers of Brahma and other demigods are not to be compared to the prayers of the demons. Their purpose is to please the Supreme Lord
- The prayers of the demigods or the devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead are always untinged by sinful purposes
- The Purusa-sukta is the standard prayer which the demigods recite to appease the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Ksirodakasayi Visnu. Because He is lying on the ocean of milk, He is called Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- The six Gosvamis also taught worship of Krsna in the feeling of the gopis in separation. The prayers composed by Srinivasacarya about the Gosvamis explain these matters very clearly
- The songs which I have recorded there I have heard today on the record, and they are very nice, especially the Prayers to the Six Goswamis. It has come out very successful on the whole. I hope the German people will like the Bengali tunes
- The Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead, lies down in the water on the seat of Ananta, with His eyes closed, and the inhabitants of the Janaloka planets offer their glorious prayers unto the Lord with folded hands
- The symptoms of madness served as an impetus for remembering Krsna. The mood of ecstasy awoke love, disdain, defamation by words, pride, honor and indirect prayer
- The symptoms of madness served as an impetus for remembering Krsna. The mood of ecstasy awoke love, disdain, defamation by words, pride, honor and indirect prayer. Thus Sri Krsna was sometimes blasphemed and sometimes honored
- The unmarried girls used to pray with great devotion to goddess Katyayani, addressing her as follows
- The Veda-stuti, or the prayers offered by the personified Vedas to Garbhodakasayi Visnu, were first narrated in disciplic succession by Sanandana to his brothers, all of whom were born of Brahma at the beginning of the universe
- The Vedic rites and rituals are imperative for neophytes: comprehending all kinds of prayer three times a day, taking a bath early in the morning, offering respects to the forefathers, etc
- The Visnu-sahasra-nama prayers mention the Lord's name as sanat and sanatanatama. The Lord and the living entities are both qualitatively sanatana, or eternal, but the Lord is sanatana-tama or the eternal in the superlative degree
- The word nirvyalika is very significant. The prayers of the demigods or devotees of the Lord are free from all sinful purposes, but the prayers of demons are always filled with sinful purposes
- There is a similar prayer by a brahmana who says, "Let others worship the Vedas and the Upanisads, and let others worship the Mahabharata if they are afraid of material existence and want to become liberated from that condition"
- There is another description of Mother Yasoda in a devotee's prayer, "Let me be given protection by Mother Yasoda, whose curly hairs are bound with thread"
- There is no need for any other devotional songs or chants for Lord Caitanya's Advent Day; simply chant Hare Krishna, with Kirtana or beads, & sing the prayer "Sri Krishna Caitanya, Prabhu Nityananda, Sri Advaita, Gadadhara, SriVasadi, Gaura Bhaktavrinda"
- These descriptions of Lord Krsna's pastimes with His cowherd boys, His eating with them on the bank of the Yamuna, and Lord Brahma's prayers unto Him are all transcendental subject matters
- This example was followed by the six Gosvamis of Vrndavana. It is therefore stated in a prayer about them, lokanam hita-karinau: Vaisnavas, or devotees of the Lord, are not selfish
- This prayer (to Varahadeva) was offered by the inhabitants of the higher planetary systems, namely the Jana, Tapas and Satya lokas, who are far more intelligent and powerful than humans
- This prayer of the Vedas personified illustrates that the Vedas are meant for helping the conditioned souls to understand Krsna
- To distinguish this ultimate shelter from the other nine subjects, the mahajanas have described these nine, directly or indirectly, through prayers or direct explanations
- Training depends upon sincere prayers
- Translation of prayers into English is good and if somebody dresses like nice American gentleman without any robes, I have no objection; but every one of my disciples must have the flag and marks of tilak on forehead
- Uddhava addresses Lord Krsna and says, "My only prayer is that I may have unflinching faith and devotion unto Your lotus feet"
- Unless one is sufficiently protected by the Lord, he may fall down from his spiritual position; therefore one has to pray constantly to the Lord for protection and the blessing to carry out one's duty
- Upon approaching Kapiladeva, Amsuman saw both the horse meant for sacrifice and a pile of ashes. Amsuman offered prayers to Kapiladeva, who was very pleased by his prayers and who returned the horse
- We never tire of hearing the transcendental pastimes of the Personality of Godhead, who is glorified by hymns and prayers. Those who have developed a taste for transcendental relationships with Him relish hearing of His pastimes at every moment
- What is this prayer? "Give me a little bread"? Of course, it is better than the rascals who are atheists. They do not approach God. They say, "Oh, what is God? I am God. I shall, by economic development, I shall create so many breads."
- When Krsna saw the full-moon night of the sarat season, decorated with various seasonal flowers - especially the mallika flowers, which are very fragrant - He remembered the gopis' prayers to Goddess Katyayani
- When Lord Krsna heard the prayers of mother earth, He immediately assured her of immunity from all fearful situations. He said to Bhagadatta, "Don't be afraid." Then He entered the palace of Bhaumasura, which was equipped with all kinds of opulences
- When spiritual instincts, which are inherent qualities in every living being, are kindled by daily prayer meetings, it is then only the people in general develop the qualities of the gods and the Trust Board of Mahatma Gandhi Fund should not miss this
- When the King begged Him to come to his kingdom, Gopala, who was already obliged for his devotional service, accepted his prayer. Thus the King took the Gopala Deity and went back to Kataka
- When Vasudeva was convinced that the newborn child was the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, he bowed down with folded hands and began to offer Him prayers
- Whenever the word yoga is used it should be understood to refer to that which is transcendental. In the transcendental stage all activities are always present, and they are glorified by prayers of great sages like Bhrgu
- While they (the gopis) were talking in this way, Uddhava finished his morning ablutions, prayers and chanting and came before them
- You can call sermon, because there is prayer song and there is, I mean to say, recitation from scriptures
- You can sing prayers in Sanskrit, but prayers in English can be also pronounced because the Lord accepts the motive not the pronunciation of the language
- Your appreciation of my adventure at this part of my life has encouraged me, and I think that by the prayers of good souls like you I may be able to work for sometime more in the interest of this great movement
- Your exalted poetic descriptions of the mellows of Lord Krsna's pastimes are like an ocean of nectar. But why have you put in a false prayer about Me? It is like a drop of detestable alkali