Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Prabhupada Speaks - Morning Walks, 1974
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Morning Walks, 1974"
The following 92 pages are in this category, out of 92 total.
- A devotee never prays to Krsna. They have to undergo so much trouble; still they never pray to Krsna. They know that "Krsna will give us ultimately protection. Let us do our duty"
- A human being is called rational animal. If you come to the rationality, that is required. If you remain also another animal, another type of animal, that will not help you. You have to become actually human being
- A man is running his motorcar, rarararara, and a dog is running. We don't see any difference, although he is on the motorcar. We don't find any difference. He is as good as the dog. Unnecessarily he is running. What is the meaning of running of the dog?
- A sudra, if he is working, he cannot take brahmana initiation, but he can take hari-nama, is that it?
- According to Vedic culture, is seaweed edible?
- Alexander and the thief
- All such questions (Lord Jesus performed so many miracles. So what miracles did Krsna perform?). No sober questions
- All that karma is erased as soon as he surrenders to Krsna?
- Also based on karma, that one man is meant to have more than another of material things? Is that an argument against...?
- Although I am condemning the western mode of life, still, so many western young boys, they have come. I never came to speak to flatter you, that "Your western civilization is very nice." I never said that
- An animal is always ignorant
- Anthropomorphic. That means man worship
- Any condition, one can live locally. That is my point. They are supposed to be uncivilized, and they live in the ice cottage. There is no sufficient things for eating. And how they live? That is the point. So why civilized man cannot live locally?
- Are sudras supposed to take sannyasa also?
- As the dog is thinking, "I am dog, very stout and strong dog," so another man is thinking, "I am big nation." But what is the basic principle? A dog is also thinking on the basis of his body, and this big nation is also thinking on the basis of body
- Did the residents of Vrndavana see the many expansions or did they only see one Krsna?
- Do people naturally act sinfully, or is that something that they develop?
- Does a devotee, who is working as a sudra, get second initiation?
- Does God need service?
- Does He (Krsna) also appear through Maha-Visnu?
- Does karma-yoga mean to follow exactly the sastras?
- Does such a comet (comet Kohoutek) affect consciousness as well as matter?
- Everyone is in agreement with God. That is spiritual world. Therefore there is no question of revolution
- Everything will be satisfied. Just like our women, Krsna conscious, they are working. They don't want equal rights with men. It is due to Krsna consciousness. They are cleansing the temple, they are cooking very nicely. They are satisfied
- I am just speaking opposite, from the beginning of my preaching. So why you are coming? So if you stick to your position, real human civilization, people will come, gradually. Because they have got the sense
- I never criticized church, mosque, never. Because whatever it may be, at least there is God consciousness. So they're good. I criticize only these rascals, disobey the commandments
- If the society is led by real, learned scholars, then it will be nice. Qualified leaders. That is wanted. Leader means better qualified man to lead others. That is leader. Leader does not mean he is himself a fool and leading other fools
- If you do not know the things as it is, how you can say, "It is not this"? If you know the positive, then you can say the negative
- In a big machine, even one screw is slack, the machine stops. You know that? So we should not commit such mistake. "Don't care. It is a small screw." No. Even that small screw can stop the whole machine
- Invite them, "Come and see." Give them prasadam. This is our policy. We are not constructing big, big buildings and temples for our convenience. For their convenience. This is sannyasi
- It has become an obligation, that one must go out of his home, of his village, of his country. That is defective. There was no need of so many transports. People remained locally. One has to go for livelihood hundred miles. This is defective
- Majority wants to be godless. So government is following that. Therefore they are against our movement
- My wife gave birth at the age of fourteen years. She is still living. She is ten years younger than me. So sixty-eight, sixty-nine she is. She gave birth child at the age of fourteen. In 1918 I was married, and 1921 she gave birth to child, my first son
- Nobody will be unemployed. Everyone should be trained up to sleep six to eight hours and attend meeting, chant, and arati. And balance - he must work hard. Not that sleeping unlimitedly. There is no limit
- Nobody's activities can be greater than God's activities
- Not only guru. Anyone who is spiritually advanced, he has no more material body
- One animal, big animal is being elected as the president. Therefore you are suffering. Nixon. What is Nixon? He is also another animal. And the animals have elected him president. Just see. This is going on. Where is the human being?
- One problem that seems to be occurring more and more frequently is the appearance of terrorists
- One who is not God-conscious, one who does not know that he is not body, he is animal. That's all. Maybe in different dress… So you have to set up real human society in a small scale so people will see, "Yes." Because man has got intelligence
- Our only duty is to carry out the order of the Supreme. Other things is already done by Him
- That a dog, it does not know what is the taste. He is simply chewing the, one bone, this way, that way, this way, that way. Because he is animal. He has no other engagement. So this whole society is animal. Especially the westerners
- The animal propensity - he is seeing his wife daily naked, and still he is going to see naked dance, and paying some fees. Because they have no engagement except this animalism. Is it not?
- The majority of Indian population, they are personalists. Yes, majority. Either they worship God or demigod, but they are personalists. Recently the Mayavadi philosophers, they have poisoned, the impersonalism, calamity. God is person
- The nonsense education, result is like that. Is that education? I first, when I saw in Honolulu University - all hippies, all the students, half naked and niggardly dressed. Why so many? They are all students. You see? It has become a fashion
- The so-called leader he is also animal, and he is eulogized by another animal. This is going on
- The whole material civilization is based on animalism. Therefore now they are coming as naked animals. The basic principle of the civilization is animalism. Now... It was covered by the progress of time. Now they are coming to be naked animals, that's all
- Their argument is that Krsna consciousness is just another kind of conditioning, that you leave one kind of conditioning, a material conditioning, but then you also enter into another kind of conditioning when you live in the temple
- There is no difference between selling the books and temple worship. Or washing the dish. There's no difference, because it is all transcendental
- There is no difference between this dog and this big nation. The only difference is that human being, by nature's gift, he got better senses. And he has no power, or there is no education to utilize the better senses, how to advance spiritually
- These people they have no aim of life. What is the aim of human..., they do not know. So their animal propensities are being adjusted this way, that way, this way, that way. Just like they go to see naked dance
- They are expanding animalism, animal civilization. Now we have to counteract for the benefit of the human civilization
- They have developed a civilization on that animal propensities, means "I am this body, and the best use of my life is to gratify senses." This is animal. "I am this body." Body means the senses. "And to satisfy the senses is the highest perfection"
- They may go sometimes. Just like in India, they used to live locally, but at the same time they used to go to the pilgrimages by walking. It is not prohibited that one should not go out, but when one goes out, he goes out of pleasure, not as obligation
- They say that this is, the body is made by God. Why cover it up? Nakedness is the work of God
- We are not after the office; we are after educating people. Yes. Even if you go to office, you cannot do. Even if give manifesto, that you will stop slaughterhouse, and you are elected a senator, you cannot stop. Because they are majority there
- We are not mental speculators, that I say some gentleman, "You are animal." No. I see, I know, that he is animal. Therefore I say
- We are the same. You are doing in a larger scale, I (the thief) am doing in a small scale. That is the difference. So he was set free, "Yes." Alexander the Great, he was sensible man, "Yes, what I am doing? The same thing in a bigger scale that's all"
- Well, they say "You are distributing food, and we are also distributing food. You are opening schools, and we are also opening schools."
- What education? Hippies? Your education has ended into hippies. Finish that education, nonsense education. Now, you have seen in Harmonist that the school children, they are having sex intercourse publicly, and they are running naked in America
- What is that God? Tell me
- What is the use of going to see another woman naked? You are seeing every day, every night, your wife naked. Why you are... Because they have no other engagement
- What is your debate on this point, that living entities, they flourish by food grains? So what is your debate on this point?
- What they will debate? If they debate like rascal, that is another thing. If they debate like sane man, then there cannot be any difference of opinion. Just like Krsna says, annad bhavanti bhutani
- When Krsna is present, when He lifted the Govardhana Hill, everyone saw. Where is your rascal Guru Maharaja doing that, everyone can see? When Krsna in Vrndavana, He lifted the Govardhana Hill. All the inhabitants saw it
- When they chant and dance, I simply remember Bhaktivinoda Thakura. That's all. I pray to Bhaktivinoda Thakura, "Now they have come to your shelter. Give them protection." That's all. What can I do more? I cannot do anything more
- When we say others are animals, demons, we don't say whimsically, capriciously, no. On the basis of sound knowledge. Therefore our declaration is completely right
- When you chant, that is also kirtana; when you distribute book, that is also kirtana. When you read book, that is also kirtana
- Why they do not deify others? Only Krsna. There were many big, big men. All the Pandavas were very big men. Krsna was contemporate to the Pandavas. Why Krsna was picked up, and not the Pandavas? What is the reason?
- Why you are coming? I never came to flatter you, neither I never came to say, "Yes, there is no God." I am speaking just opposite, everything opposite. "You are drunkard; no drink. You are illicit sex hunters; no illicit sex"
- Yes, everyone can see (Bhagavad-gita). Who has given such information? All practical. (...) It is the greatest miracle
- Yes, they are animals. Yes. If they are sensible, they can understand, now, what is the difference. A dog is thinking, "I am very stout and strong dog." He has, on the basis of his body. And another man, a big American, thinks, "We are very big nation"
- You cannot stop them. But some of them, those who are intelligent, they will see, "Yes, here is life." As they are coming to nakedness, they will come to this, our mode of life. So you have to become an ideal society
- You have created this animal civilization. Now they are coming out as naked animals. This is the result. Now you have to reform them. That reformation is Krsna consciousness. So you have to make an example, what is actually human life
- You have to give me definition of God. What is God? If you know God, then you can say that "Krsna is not God." Otherwise, how you can say He is not God? I give you a piece of gold: If you say, "It is not gold," then you show me what is gold
- You have to introduce real human civilization. You should not be surprised, an animal, in different shapes, in different capacity, comes out. After all, he is an animal. The basic principle is animalism. Because he is thinking, "I am this body..."
- You live locally, and be self-sufficient. They will see that it is possible to live locally without movement, and still highly cultured men, self-sufficient. That is required
- You make your society so strong that you be not cheated, and others may not cheat. Then it will be first-class. And if you make another society of cheaters and cheated, there is no profit