- A master is asking servant that "You knock me here." So he's knocking like this. So that is service. The others may see, "Oh, he's knocking and he's thinking, 'I am serving'? What is this? He's knocking." But master wants that "You knock me"
- A sannyasi cannot meet his wife. A sannyasi is forbidden to go home
- Abhayam means fearlessness. So long we are not connected in Krsna consciousness or not connected with the Supreme Lord, we shall always be fearful. Fearful is one of the qualification of the conditioned soul
- Actually we are serving money. Any why you are serving money? Because with the money we can satisfy our senses
- Actually, these discussions of scripture is not to be acted unless there is relationship between the speaker and the audience. So audience means the disciples. Disciple means who accepts the discipline. Sisya
- All the senses, they are, being material. So constitutionally, they cannot see God, they cannot hear of God, they cannot chant of the holy name of God. But it is possible. The sastra gives you indication
- All these loving affairs are also temporary and they are not pure. They are simply a perverted reflection of the pure love that is existing between you and Krsna
- Another student, she is preparing the sweetballs, ISKCON balls, and they are forgetting meat-eating. They do not like any more meat-eating. They have got better engagement, sweetballs
- Any method we manufacture, we discover, to conquer over the laws of material nature, it is backed by another set of dangerous things. That is the law of nature. That is not the way to get out of this material pangs of life
- Anything, whatever you see or experience or try to understand, there must be some definition. So when you speak of God, do you know what is the definition of God?
- Aryans means those who are advanced
- As soon as the point comes, to please your senses, then you come to material world, immediately. Krsna-bahirmukha hana bhoga vancha kare, nikata-stha maya tare japatiya dhare
- As soon as we forget Krsna and we want to do things for our sense gratification, that is maya. And as soon as we give up this process of sense gratification and do everything for Krsna, that is liberation
- Asrama means situation for spiritual cultivation
- I can also pass away at any moment. That is nature's law. Nobody can check it. So that is not very astonishing, but my appeal to you on this auspicious day of the departure of my Guru Maharaja, that at least to some extent you have understood the essence
- I want to be subordinate because my nature is to be subordinate. But I do not know. I prefer, I reject this subordination; I accept another subordination. But subordination is there
- I want to work, I want to work
- I would like you to explain the origin and significance of what you, what they call the Jagannatha car festival
- If a person who is working in the factory, if you stop sex, he cannot work. And when he's unable to enjoy sex life, then he takes intoxication. This is material life. So energy must be there. Here in the material world the energy is sex
- If every one of us, we become reinstated in the transcendental platform of loving Krsna, then our aspiration of mastership will be fulfilled. That is not known at present, but if we agree to serve Krsna, then gradually we'll see that Krsna is serving you
- If Lord Jesus Christ says, "Through me," that means he's representative of God, and hari-nama is God. So either through the representative of God or God, the same thing
- If my mother would not have been little strict, I would not have gotten any education. My father was very lenient. So she used to force me. One man would take me to school
- If you are anxious to serve Krsna, that is the real asset
- If you are serious to understand, we should submit our doubtful questions and then understand
- In Ayur-veda, cow dung dried and burned into ashes is used as toothpowder. It is very antiseptic toothpowder
- In Chapter Four in Bhagavad-gita As It Is, it is said that Arjuna was present at the speaking of Bhagavad-gita to the sun-god so many years ago. What position did he have there?
- In Christian theology, the individual goes to the church and prays God, "Give us our daily bread." Why he's asking God?
- Initiation means beginning of the activities
- Is Rama synonymous with Jesus?
- Is taking prasadam one of the exchanges of love, where we accept food from a lover?
- Krsna consciousness means to have all kinds of knowledge. Not that we Krsna conscious people are being carried away by some sentiment. No. We have got philosophy, science, theology, ethics, morality, everything
- Krsna consciousness movement means that we have to train our senses to satisfy Krsna. That's all
- Krsna consciousness movement means to approach the original person. The original person is not dead
- Krsna consciousness movement means to approach the original Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna. This is Krsna consciousness. Directly
- Krsna consciousness movement means to become Vaisnava and feel for the suffering humanity
- Krsna consciousness persons, they are not after will-o'-the-wisp, phantasmagoria. No. They're actually making progress to the concrete Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Krsna consciousness, or devotional service, means purifying the senses. That's all. We haven't got to eradicate, get out of the sensual activities. No. We have simply to purify the senses
- Krsna is all-attractive. Krsna is beautiful. Krsna has so many activities. The whole Vedic literature is full of Krsna's activities
- Of course, I am old man. I may die. If you have taken up this formula very nicely, then you will go on preaching, and it may be spread all over the world. Very simple thing
- One does not know that this consciousness, that "I shall become the master," is the cause of his suffering. This philosophy has to be understood. Because constitutionally we are all servants
- One who is inquisitive to understand the Absolute Truth, he requires a spiritual master
- Our activities are conditioned, not free. But you can attain a life of freedom, life of unlimited energy, unlimited happiness, unlimited bliss. There is possibility. This is not story or fiction
- Our loving object is Krsna. Somehow or other, we have forgotten Him. We don't trace the history when we forgot. That is useless labor. But we have forgotten, that is a fact. Now revive it. Here is reminder. So take opportunity
- Our program is to love, to place your love in the proper place. That is our program. Everyone wants to love, but he is being frustrated on account of his love being misplaced
- People are not inclined to surrender; therefore he has to learn so many things
- Physical conception is temporary. The vibration conception is eternal
- Prabhupada, can you explain mahamaya and yogamaya? Was Arjuna under yogamaya or mahamaya?
- Prabhupada, could you tell us something about Krsna's rasa-lila?
- Prabhupada, sometimes there may be differences between what is love of Godhead between Christian and Moslem, Moslem and Buddhist, Buddhist, Hindu. They may quarrel at what is love of Godhead
- Prabhupada, when I'm serving you sometimes I feel very nice, but then when I think of how bad and imperfect this service is, I feel terrible. Which is right to feel?
- Prabhupada? How do we explain to impersonalists inductively the existence of the Personality of Godhead?
- Prahlada Maharaja says that dharman bhagavatan, to become Krsna conscious, or God conscious, is so important that we should not lose even a moment's time. Immediately we shall begin
- Prema is mature condition of bhava
- Premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena santah sadaiva hrdayesu vilokayanti. Just like thousands and thousands of miles away you can transfer the television picture or your radio sound, similarly, if you can prepare yourself, then you can see always Govinda
- Premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena. Simply you have to prepare your eyes, your mind in that way. Here is a television box within your heart. This is the perfection of yoga. It is not you have to purchase one machine, or television set. It is there
- Service means that you obey the order of the master. It doesn't matter what it is
- Simply chanting, dancing, and eating nice sweetballs, kachori. So su-sukham and kartum avyayam. While performing, while practicing this process, it is very pleasurable, and avyayam
- Sleeping, eating, mating or defending. It is simply due to my bodily consciousness these things are required. But when one is actually spiritually advanced, he has no such appreciation. Just like Lord Jesus Christ, he was crucified, but he never protested
- So this bluffing, these cheating things are going on. And because we are unable to cheat and bluff, nobody cooperates with us. They want to be cheated and bluffed. That is the business
- Spirit soul is evergreen. The body is changing. That is to be understood. Body is changing. That everyone can understand
- Spiritual master is eternal
- Spiritually, eternally, the fragments are fragments, and the Supreme is Supreme. Krsna is the Supreme, and we are fragmental parts. We are fragments eternally
- Sri Sri Siksastakam, 1968 - Glories to the sri-krsna-sankirtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years together. Thus the fire of conditioned life, of repeated birth and death is extinguished
- Swamiji, someone approached me and we were discussing about Krsna consciousness. And I said to approach Krsna one must be pure, but he said, "What is purity?" Could you explain that technically? What is purity?
- Take to this Krsna consciousness movement and be happy in this life and next life. If you can finish your loving affairs to Krsna in this life, then you have done cent percent
- Ten offenses to avoid while chanting the maha-mantra
- Ten offenses to avoid while chanting the maha-mantra - 1 to 5
- Ten offenses to avoid while chanting the maha-mantra - 6 to 10
- The dancing has got great value; that, if you dance with us, you'll feel. It is not that some crazy fellows are dancing. No. The most intelligent persons, they are dancing
- The logic of the frog in the well
- The Lord and the devotee, they are on the same status. Every one of them. Lord, His name, His form, His quality, His associates, His paraphernalia. Everything, they are absolute
- The materialistic persons, they are sleeping in the matter of spiritual understanding. So therefore the activities which we find in daytime of the materialistic person, actually that is night
- The Mayavadi theory is that the ultimate spirit is impersonal
- The sun is your witness, the moon is your witness, the day is your witness, the night is your witness, the sky is your witness. So how you can supersede the laws of the Lord?
- There are six points of surrender unto Krsna. One point of surrender is to believe that "Krsna will protect me." Just like a small child has got full faith in his mother: "My mother is there. There is no danger." Confident. I have seen it
- There are so many ducks. As soon as somebody goes there with some little food, oh, they go gather: "quack! quack! quack! quack!"
- There are so many stories of Lord Caitanya converting so many rascals. By just His presence, they would chant Hare Krsna. How can we get His mercy so that we can help the people around us to chant Hare Krsna?
- There is an instructive story about a saintly person blessing, "You may either live or die"
- There is little foothold of this movement. So on this occasion of my spiritual master's departure, as I am trying to execute his will, similarly, I shall also request you to execute the same order through my will. I am an old man
- They foolishly think that simply "I am the monarch of all I survey." That's all. This planet is the monarch, and all other planets they're all subservient. They will satisfy our senses. This is foolishness
- This initiation means the third stage of Krsna consciousness. Those who are being initiated, they should remember that they have to follow the rules and regulations
- This is the first understanding of self-realization, that soul is eternal, it is not annihilated even after the annihilation of this body
- This knowledge one must have. Then he'll be cheerful in all cases and he'll be interested simply in Krsna consciousness. There is nothing to be lamented for the body, either alive or dead
- This Krsna consciousness movement is directly offering the spiritual platform which is above the mode of goodness
- This voidism, impersonalism, they are artificial ways of negating the perplexing variegatedness of this material existence
- Transcendental. "You are beyond"
- Try to spread this Krsna consciousness movement. And this is your sadhana, execution of austerity, penance. Because you have to meet so many opposing elements. You have to fight with them. That is tapasya
- We are chanting, we are hearing, we are dancing, we're enjoying. Why? Just to detach our life from all nonsense things and attach to Krsna. This is the process. This is Krsna consciousness
- We are hearing from the scriptures, from authorities, that "I have got this miserable conditional body to suffer threefolds of material miseries; still, I am not very much anxious how to stop this repetition of birth and death. I am drinking poison"
- We are in maya's kingdom, so maya is strong very here, but if we catch Krsna very strongly, maya cannot do anything. Yes. That we should be fixed up in catching Krsna very tightly. Then there is no falldown
- We are in the midst of the Pacific Ocean of this mayika world. Samsara-samudra. It is called samudra. So at any moment our boat can be topsy-turvied if we have no controlling power
- We are worshiping Govindam, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the original person. So this sound, govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami, is reaching Him. He is hearing. You cannot say that He is not hearing. Can you say? No
- We have not manufactured a new type of religious sect or method of philosophy
- We have to follow the footprints of the acaryas. Mahajano yena gatah sa panthah. We cannot understand higher things unless we follow the footprint of great personalities
- We should be very strongly inclined to Krsna consciousness like Haridasa Thakura. Then we shall be able very easily to overcome the allurement of maya
- We shudder as soon as we hear that we have to become servant of God
- What is the difference between an incarnation and an avatara?
- What is the difference between bhava and prema?
- Whatever department of knowledge or whatever department of activities you are engaged in, it doesn't matter. But if you can find out the Supreme by your pursuit of knowledge, that is your perfection
- Whatever you see in yourself, that is there in God. So God cannot be impersonal, because we are all persons
- When I was not sannyasi, I was dressing like any gentleman. Now I have changed my dress. That does not mean that I have died. No. I have changed my body, that's all. I have changed my dress
- When the material concept of life covers me, we cannot understand what is God. We say God is dead. So we have to uncover our eyes from this illusion. Then you'll see directly God
- When you are too much influenced with the modes of passion, you become lusty. And when your lust is not fulfilled, then you are angry
- When you understand your actual position, then your activities actually begin
- While we are chanting our rounds, or while we are chanting out loud in kirtana, is it all right to be engaging our mind in thinking?
- Within six months you'll become God - very foolish conclusion
- Without understanding our real position we are perplexed with these all worldly problems, which are all false