- After the scattering of these Aryans, they have come different place. How is it that we brought all the cultural heritage in north, east and western countries?
- Americans, they are not allowed to see Jagannatha temple. What Prabhu Bhaktivedanta is doing? What he's doing for them?
- And how do we get guru?
- And I think, sir, even Sankaracarya has not meant that we must be short of that. He was also worshiping, was he not? He was worshiping Para-brahman
- And Maharaja, are they (the doctors) able to increase the life by a single moment?
- Are there any other prophecies in the Bhavisya Maha-Purana or in any other scriptures telling more accurately Jesus Christ's birthday?
- Are these astrological charts very much applicable for a devotee, Srila Prabhupada?
- Are these people consciously cheating or raised in cheating so that they don't know the difference (in this material world, the more you are expert cheater, you are considered very able man. All over the world, so many expert cheaters are going on)?
- Are they able to increase the life by a single moment?
- Are we even one millionth of what Krsna was?
- Are we not, potentially, not to understand Bhagavad-gita, then (at least you do not understand. That's all)?
- Are you a Bhagavan?
- Are you happy with the way the movement has really spread?
- Around all the holy places I always see a lot of monkeys and cows in India. Is there some reason, special, about... I mean, cows, there's obvious reason, but what about the monkeys? Why are they around the holy places?
- As Your Divine Grace had said, that due to the sankirtana movement an auspicious atmosphere is being created all over the world. So is it not possible that at least for the time being things will improve?
- Because he was the spiritual master, would he be living in a very opulent house?
- Better allow them (the grhasthas) to live together. What can be done? But we cannot lose them. After training so much, if they are lost, then that is a great loss. This I am giving hint. Now you GBC, you change them. Make process
- But a renunciation of something?
- But can all the masses of people become devotees?
- But don't we do that also (Caitanya Mahaprabhu was interested only on the spiritual platform. He had no idea of material side. He rejected material side)?
- But for Brahmananda, he may remain sannyasi? Brahmananda?
- But he does it on your behalf (he's guru. He's guru)?
- But how that will affect the atmosphere and Krsna consciousness of the temple (that hall is made, constructed for making some money, then the money will not come if we don't rent out to the cinema actors, actresses)? It's not that the theater...
- But how to engage these people who are desirous who have desire of serving Krsna in Bombay? If you are talking about a farm and other things
- But is it not correct, Srila Prabhupada, that Paramatma is the (...) is behind?
- But Krsna means... Who is He? Is He a personal or impersonal?
- But mostly they are in America. Also in that number in Japan (in one week, the books, total of books, was seven lakhs books in one week)?
- But the intelligence is awarded from... Intelligence, according to the individual, is awarded according to pious activities?
- But then, in the event that some present GBC member leaves, either leaves (how many GBC's are there already? So add him. GBC is not to be changed)?
- But there's no doubt it would be a big help if we could give Ph.D.s. Wouldn't it establish? Give some prestige?
- But what about the cheating going on, big cheating, international cheating about the space flights?
- But what if they change later on in their life (you believe in free choice. So suppose the children grow up and they want to go to college. But you have not sent them to a public school. Therefore they are not eligible for going to college)?
- But what is the use of having big strong body if now they're using airplanes and tanks and guns?
- But who was responsible for bringing this body into existence? ... The owner?
- But why should we be callous to the sufferings of others?
- But why would God want to keep the living entities in darkness?
- But you don't require recognition of any court, do you?
- For example, for that boy who is chanting now in Egypt, he has his beads, but his chanting is effective even though he's still eating meat sometimes with his family?
- For sterilization (the poor, these babajis, they were going to beg, and by force, once, twice, injection. So immediately, after one week…)?
- I ask you, Prabhu, what is that dharma-ksetra and kuru-ksetra?
- I heard he (Subash Bose) took the dress of a Muslim?
- I request, Swamiji, on what basis we can say that it is a different meaning or distorted meaning and not the meaning which the Gita says (but you understand in different way. That is difficulty. You create your own meaning)?
- I see. Then how to understand it (the difficulty is you do not understand even a line of Bhagavad-gita. Still, you say that you are student of Bhagavad-gita. This is difficulty)?
- I want to read some books published by Swamiji. Can I get?
- I was wondering if you could give me some idea what you want done, so I can also think about how to improve the magazine. Something is wrong in the magazine?
- I would like to know how this movement started, what gave you the idea. What is the background? And why it was called the Krsna consciousness movement? Is it a return to something very fundamental?
- I, being a servant of the senses, how to run away from the senses?
- If a brahmacari decides to get married and then enters into married life, should he be encouraged to maintain that responsibility throughout his life?
- If Christ comes back, what will be the position of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His Krsna consciousness movement?
- If God is everywhere, why His presence not felt by everybody?
- If God is to uplift the soul of all the persons, all the livings, why there is a chaotic situation?
- If he is not conscious, how can he do work for Him (Krsna)?
- If in our society we say, "Srila Prabhupada wants some to be sudra..."
- If it is inconceivable, then they will say how we can conceive it (earth is round and flat both, together. First we should reply it is acintya. This should be the reply. Inconceivable)?
- If people say, "What is this Hare Krsna movement doing?"
- If someone is a sudra, how can you let him have his own money?
- If they wanted to, wouldn't Krsna have given them the opportunity (there may be many other Vaisnava acaryas or something in India, but they are not... By the fact that they are not preaching, it means they have not realized it)?
- If we accept that the senses, the body and the mind are not perfect, they're limited, then with what means are we to perceive God?
- If we are disgusted (I'll guide. Don't move me to the hospital. Better kill me here. But if you are disgusted, that is another thing)?
- If we be the parcels of God, then what about prarabdha? We are suffering from pain and pleasure...
- If we build in Puri, will we have Jagannatha?
- If we don't get protection from the government, then what can we do?
- If you advertise the maha-mantra gives some material benefit, isn't that an offense?
- If you are compassionate, you feel the pain. Then how does that go with even-mindedness?
- In America, supposing a householder family pays for a room in our temple building. So they can have their sex life and family life?
- In my presence one should not become guru, so on my behalf, on my order... Be actually guru, but by my order
- In our community, being as we're training up as Vaisnavas, how will we be able to make divisions in our society?
- In Satya-yuga or Treta-yuga they would not drill for petrol to use to make electricity or to make these gas lamps, so by what means did they use to light the palaces and the kingdoms? What was the natural resource utilized for that purpose?
- In the human society the preacher is Krsna's most dear servant. What is the reason for that, Srila Prabhupada?
- In your introduction to the Bhagavad-gita you refer to Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianism and other religious faiths as sectarian designations, but isn't Krsna consciousness just another kind of designation in order not to call it Krsna-ism, another ism?
- Introduced starting with ISKCON community (varnasrama-dharma should be introduced all over the world)?
- Is He coming again (he has got many names. Still, He acts to teach us. That is explained in the Bhagavad-gita. He's so kind, but as soon as He comes to teach us, we take Him as ordinary man)?
- Is interpretation necessary or not?
- Is it because we have the desire to come in contact with such persons that we contact them, like Nitai contacting that Purusottama?
- Is it permitted to use shells for making jewelry, crowns, etc., for Deities? Or is it to be considered as the bone of an animal?
- Is it right to tell the suffering that "I am busy, at work for my salvation"?
- Is it so, that in Srimad-Bhagavata it is also written, many really great men want to be here in Kali-yuga, because it is easier to be for salvation?
- Is it, just to satisfy their own ego that they (interpreters of bhagavad Gita who mislead people) are doing in this way?
- Is our goal to actually establish Vedic principles back into society again at large?
- Is that (brahmana) good or bad?
- Is that a guarantee for going home, if someone leaves their body in the dhama?
- Is that called rtvik-acarya (yes. I shall recommend some of you. After this is settled up, I shall recommend some of you to act as officiating acaryas)?
- Is that described as raganuga-bhakti (when they take it as a serious thing in life, oh, everyone will be happy)?
- Is there a difference between Rama and Krsna?
- Is there a minimum age for the man (a girl is married before puberty, she is not allowed to go to the husband until she has attained puberty... After attaining puberty there is another second marriage. Then the husband and wife live together)?
- Is there any system for publishing works in the future that you may not see?… What would the system be to insure the parampara if you would not personally see these translations?
- Is there anything we can do about it (Jagannatha Puri's sanctity they are killing. The biggest panditas are all known meat-eaters also. Meat, fish, everything. Many also take all sorts of intoxication and they also go to the prostitute)?
- Is there some mention in the Bhagavatam about this, that the religious men will wear only the clothes to make a profit?
- Is there special significance during this period (Kumbha Mela)?
- Is worshiping the idol a stepping stone?
- Isn't Brahman the source of the light?
- Isn't there something more fundamental than that (actually understand Bhagavad-gita and distribute the knowledge. That is our aim)?
- Isvara is different from Brahman?
- It is possible to attain that affection of love for God... without taking part in this Krsna consciousness movement?
- It is stated in the sastra, nivrtta-tarsair upagiyamanad bhavausadhac chrotra... This is the medicine, panacea, for material disease. So kindly let me hear kirtana as far as possible, long as I live
- It is what? Sarva-dharman parityajya?
- It seems now that it's the people from the West who want to hear. Why is that?
- It's fortunate to take birth in America or England?
- Nagas come from Assam, no?
- Nandadulal? Why were you called like that?
- No, but those who are freedom fighters, they are actually on the wrong path?
- No, he's asking that these rtvik-acaryas, they're officiating, giving diksa. Their... The people who they give dīkṣā to, whose disciple are they?
- No, if we people go there at Kumbha Mela time, is it good?
- No, why do we at all enter into this circle (of changing bodies)?
- None of the tourists who are Westerners ever takes Jagannatha prasadam, do they?
- Now they give so much importance to the person who is able to transplant kidney from one body to the other, but how about the whole human being or the universe which has been created by God?
- Now they say if we are thinking of our members to be gentlemen, then why is it when they go to the airports they are bothering so many people?
- Sadhu-sanga, of course, is very important. Getting to take a dip in Ganges at that, during this period, has that got any particular significance apart from sadhu-sanga?
- She has a husband, but they don't live together in the same ideas, spiritual ideas. So she wants to know what to do now. Should she go apart from the husband?
- She lives in Milano and she would like, somehow or other, to help people through yoga. So she wants to know if she is able to do it or not?
- She said that probably would be the first and last time she will see you, so she wants to know if she can continue to contact you?
- She's going back to Milan, and she would like to spread the sun that's here present, and she wants to know if you have any advice how she should do it because she would like to go spread it
- Should Krsna be dressed very, very opulently like this, Srila Prabhupada?
- Should we actually start to train up some of our men so they know how to fight?
- Should we try to make an effort to have our householders go and live on the farms, a special effort? If it's ready to do that?
- Since most of our presentation is done by lawyer, how can this practically be brought about that he introduces the books as our main defense? How can he present the books, a lawyer, if there's not a preacher?
- Sir, do you not consider it advisable to get the judgment that the Americans have translated into Indian so we can look?
- Sir, may I know the meaning of the divine name Hare Krsna and Hare Rama? The real meaning of the divine name Hare Krsna, Hare Rama?
- Sir, taking care of the society, of the countries, there is no difference?
- Sir, what is the difference between renunciation and surrender?
- Sir, what is the way to serve the Supreme?
- Sir, what is your idea about people following other religions?
- So as the Krsna consciousness movement increases its influence, then American culture will gradually change?
- So by looking at Him (Krsna) you are trying to rouse the interests of the people, or curiosity?
- So how we will expose it before scientists?
- So if someone wanted to be, say, a Christian in the Krsna conscious..., a society led by a Krsna conscious person, if someone wanted to be a Christian, would he be chastised?
- So in the same way (that Jesus) Krsna also was appearing again during...?
- So is this conflict part of the spreading of Krsna consciousness?
- So that Pondicherry was Aurobindo's idea? What was the motive?
- So then how we can let them live together, man and woman?
- So they ask us, "Have you seen God?"
- So they may also be considered your disciples (he's guru. He's guru… Yes. That is formality. Because in my presence one should not become guru, so on my behalf, on my order... Amara ajnaya guru hana. Be actually guru, but by my order)?
- So they may challenge, "Do you mean to say that you can feed the whole world without meat?"
- So they're (the ants) better than us?
- So unless we get men from overseas, then for us to expand is very difficult. Just like for this Mombassa. We get this big house. Unless we have men to maintain it, then why should we take it?
- So we are trying to use their endorsements and then make it very specific that "Therefore to meditate using the Hare Krsna, this is healthy." So why are you attacking us?
- So we have to give allowances to such people (the newcomers). We have to give allowance?
- So we say that the soul is in the heart. So how can we convince the other doctors, for example, of the presence of the soul within the body and especially within the heart?
- So what could be more charitable than feeding?
- So when the Krsna consciousness movement becomes so powerful that it is in charge of the government, is it because of a small group of people or because of a mass?
- So why not show me where it is (life in the fire)?
- Someone has said that (if they grow like this, in ten years the Hare Krishna will take the government)?
- Srila Prabhupada, in Mayapur we see so many pilgrims coming from Assam, Nagaland and Manipur. They're having this Vaisnava tilaka, Gaudiya-Vaisnava tilaka, and they also worship Caitanya Mahaprabhu. How is that influence also there?
- Srila Prabhupada, should we be thinking in our minds that one day the Krsna consciousness movement will have to manage the cities and the nations of the world?
- Srila Prabhupada, what is the responsibility of some person towards the father who has given the material body to him?
- Srila Prabhupada, you gave that example: If you want to kill a mosquito, use a gun. What does that example show?
- Srila Prabhupada? Do you remember when Prabhavisnu was here you told him to go with "the courage of an Englishman and the heart of a Bengali mother"? He remembers those word
- Srila Prabhupada? For the Bombay opening, is it necessary to have those South Indian brahmanas?
- Srila Prabhupada? I had a question about the prasadam distribution money that I am hoping to get from the record sales... I would like to know if some of it can be used for distributing prasadam in America
- Srila Prabhupada? I was thinking to, if I had some free time, that I could work on writing some essay about nationalism
- Srila Prabhupada? Long time ago, you wanted an exhibit in London. ... That would be better than Washington?
- Srila Prabhupada? Once one man asked why Krsna Himself comes in India only? Why not American countries?
- Srila Prabhupada? We can also purchase in the name of Bhaktivedanta Swami Charity Trust… Should we buy this land, Srila Prabhupada?
- Srila Prabhupada? Would you like it (Bombay temple) to be opened on your Guru Maharaja's disappearance?
- Srila Prabhupada? You said before that you..., that it is said that you were poisoned?
- Suppose if we don't follow it (the counting of number of rounds on japa), it's not beneficial?
- Supposing any person, he renounces everything, his material property, and if he just came to Krsna consciousness. Can he live?
- Swamiji, I get two thoughts. Number one: having acquired a family, I am willing to renounce, but would I not be running away from the responsibility, in the name of Lord Krsna, for the bringing up and educating the children?
- Swamiji, I wanted to know the importance of Kumbha Mela
- Swamiji, if you understand the message of Gita, that Krsna says, recommends even-mindedness and... Samata… And do not grieve because this body is meant for death. Now, I think also... Then also compassion will come in, yeah?
- Swamiji, there is no salvation for this country?
- That (Bhuvanesvara) is part of Jagannatha Puri dhama?
- That book that Jayatirtha was making on Deity worship following from the Hari-bhakti-vilasa, he told me he is making on your order to make a standard of Deity worship. That is the standard we should be advising the temples to follow?
- That description of Brahma receiving knowledge through the heart, is that at the beginning of every day, or is that just at the beginning of the creation of the universe?
- That doesn't mean that your disciples should think also, "I will remain aloof just as our Prabhupada..."?
- That's exactly what you had, two hundred dollars. You had saved that money very carefully?
- The body is matter, but still it is conscious as long as I am alive. So that means the life is consciousness?
- The future of the Krsna consciousness movement. Should I see what it says under that?
- The government is also giving land free to encourage agriculture. Simply that it has to be cleared. It's jungle land; it has to be cleared. Shall we try for something like that?
- The name is power, and to utter name...?
- The other day you were asking me about the wages, labor
- The owner of the body, is He responsible for this body also?
- The Pope is agreeing with you in Rome?… The Pope is agreeing?… In Rome. He is agreeing with Hare Krsna…?… With chanting and...
- The simple version (of Bhagavad gita) is there also for a layman like us who do not know?
- The whole basis of the devotional service is utsaha. Just like unless there was utsaha, how a man of seventy years old, without any hope, could go to such distant place from Vrndavana to New York? The only platform was utsaha
- Then how yato mata tato patha, became so strong?
- Then the last question. Rama, how do you relate?
- Then this monism and dualism, then what about the Visista-advaita?
- Then why do they (the Vallabhas) imitate?
- There would be Kali-yuga. Then there will be Satya-yuga after. Is it not so, predicted?
- They (Harijanas) have their unions. How can we approach the union and talk to the leaders?
- They (the babajis) say that (they don't care for. They say, "Bhagavad-gita is not for us")?
- They are endorsing (the Indian government understands that this movement is turning the whole world towards Indian culture)?
- They are thinking, "What if the people want to be Communist? Why should we interfere?"
- They have stopped it (cow killing) because they see we are getting so much support?
- They speak of peace, such nonsense. How can they expect peace when they're slaughtering?
- They wanted an Indian to be the leader (of ISKCON)?
- They were a little strict. They were strict (we had all European professors)?
- Thirteen or twenty years (that you lived in Allahabad)?
- This is what you have tried to do. Why is it necessary to concentrate on this name, "Krsna"?
- This is when Maharaja Yudhisthira was retiring, or before?
- To practically follow Jesus Christ for a sincere searcher of the truth who does not recognize and accept the external manifestations of the Krsna consciousness movement, is it possible to attain love of God?
- We appreciate Communism as it stands now or socialism, what they call it?
- We saved twenty-five copies of that Times of India article about the court case in New York. Is there something you want done with those twenty-five articles?
- We see in the cities it's not, but in the villages, do they still have more than one wife?
- We shall not take any education from the university?
- We should do that, expose them (people who attack us)?
- Well, first we have to explain that Krsna has a transcendental body. If they don't understand that, then how can we explain Krsna's disappearance?
- Well, if the Vallabhas say that they only like Krsna before He was contaminated, so what is the specialty of Krsna? Everyone is uncontaminated in a young age
- What about nationalism here in India?
- What about the idea that "You do not have to move into a temple, give up your family and everything, but you can actually chant Hare Krsna in your own home," that idea that "It is available to you..."?
- What are the reasons why one should not hear from one who has got sufficient knowledge on Lord Krsna if he is not outwardly a Vaisnava? That means he's not having sikha or kunti
- What are the rules of the material nature? Again, from experience, I know that one year, I couldn't do something and then, with a certain amount of practice, the next year I could. And so the rule has changed. It no longer is out of my grasp
- What exactly do you mean? Outside marriage, you mean (don't you see, illicit sex, what havoc it has done?)?
- What heading does book distribution come under?
- What if someone (amongst the unclean, smoking and drinking potential guests) is willing to follow the regulations?
- What is a simple solution to understand soul? I would like to understand soul in a simplified form
- What is dhira?
- What is that overburden?
- What is that process (analytical process), Srila Prabhupada?
- What is the actual meaning of the sacrifice of the cross, Jesus dying on the cross?
- What is the difference between a pure Christian, or at least a sincere one, and a sincere devotee of Krsna?
- What is the harm in worshiping Durga?
- What is the implication of this cheating? What are the ramifications, the results?
- What is the importance of health in life, and how does Guruji advise people to maintain health, and how does it connect to your mission?
- What is the maximum amount of years there can be difference (between husband and wife)?
- What is the meaning of good children?
- What is the meaning of that (capale babale)?
- What is the meaning of that (machine changes)?
- What is the meaning of that (Yesam anta gatam papam jananam punya-karmanam, te dvandva-moha-nirmukta)?
- What is the meaning of the giving up of the fruition of action?
- What is the most important thing in life?
- What is the nature of the jivatma?
- What is the need for any babaji to get sterilized, anyway?
- What is this end of the world?
- What was that story of Caesar (scissors)?
- What's the difference between grace and mercy?
- What's the meaning of surrender and how one should do it?
- When chanting, you chant the name of Rama as well as Krsna. I do not see any photograph of Rama here. What is the thinking?
- When has this all begun, this fish-eating in Bengal? This was always going on?
- When I was lecturing in Berkeley University, one Indian student asked me, "Swamiji, what this Hare Krsna movement will benefit? We require technology"
- When the fruit comes, should we give it up?
- When the fruit comes, we cannot distinguish whether it is ripened one or the wrong one. How to distinguish?
- Where is the mention of that ten thousand years?
- Where is this consciousness of surrender come in human life? At what stage it can come?
- Which holy places you would like to visit, Srila Prabhupada?
- Why did we left Sri Krsna and came to this world? What was the cause?
- Why do we bother to preach? Why not just sit and do our bhajana?