Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
pounds | pound | "16 ounces" | lb | lbs
Pages in category "Pounds (weight)"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.
- A cow gives forty pounds, fifty pounds milk daily, but it does not drink. Although it is her milk, no, it gives you, human society: "You take. But don't kill me. Let me live. I am eating only grass." Just see. And the civilized men killing them
- A pound of milk fresh from the milk bag of a cow is sufficient to feed an adult with all vitamin values, and therefore saints and sages live only on milk
- A quantity of gold is counted by a measurement called a bhara. According to Vedic formulas, one bhara is equal to about twenty-one pounds, and one mound equals about eighty-two pounds
- I had part of your letter read aloud to a group of devotees how you have one cow who will be giving 70-80 pounds a day
- If one is so hungry that he could devour one pound of foodstuffs, then instead he should consume only half a pound and supplement this with four ounces of water; one fourth of the stomach should be left empty for passage of air in the stomach
- In Africa, there are millions of elephants, and each elephant is eating at least eighty-two pounds at a time. But who is supplying the food? They have no economic problem. They have no bank balance
- The milk is produced by the cow, but it is not meant for the cow. It is meant for the human being. If you offer the milk, 30 pounds of milk, after milking the cow, and if you offer to the cow, it will refuse. It will refuse, "I don't want it."
- The Syamantaka jewel was producing about 170 pounds of gold every day