Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
possess | possessed | possesses | possessing
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Possess"
The following 255 pages are in this category, out of 255 total.
- Animal has no soul? Why? What is the difference between animal and man? What are the symptoms of possessing the soul?
- One who considers the arca-murti, the worshipable Deity of Lord Visnu, to be stone, the spiritual master to be an ordinary human being, and a Vaisnava to belong to a particular caste or creed is possessed of hellish intelligence
- Possess knowledge
- Possess mystic powers
- A citizen may know everything about his patch of land, but the king knows not only his palace but all the properties possessed by the individual citizens
- A first class devotee of the Lord never asks for anything from the Lord. He is always ready to offer something to the Lord - oh Lord! Take whatever I possess from me. pranair arthair dhiya vaca (SB 10.22.35)
- A horse named Uccaihsrava, which was as white as the moon, was generated. Bali Maharaja desired to possess this horse, and Indra, the King of heaven, did not protest, for he had previously been so advised by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- A human being is thus impeded (by the desires for acquiring a house, possessing land, having children & becoming prominent in society, the affection for community & the place of birth & the hankering for wealth) in his progress toward self-realization
- A living being is sufficiently potent to possess knowledge from the Lord in the proportion of fifty sixty-fourths, or seventy-eight percent of the full knowledge acquirable
- A man is not qualified or disqualified simply by birth. Prahlada Maharaja was an asura by birth, yet he possessed all the qualities of a perfect brahmana
- A millionaire may very easily possess hundreds and thousands of dollars, but a person with hundreds and thousands of dollars is not necessarily a millionaire
- A person may be materially very rich, opulent or respectable, but if he at all wants to transfer himself to the spiritual kingdom, back home, back to Godhead, then he has to be freed from the puffed-up condition of material possessiveness
- A person possessing an agricultural field may employ another person to produce food grains from it, but because the grains are produced from the land, they are considered the property of the owner of the land
- A person who is not self-controlled will not be happy even with possessing the three worlds
- A person who is unaffected by attachment and envy is said to possess equilibrium
- A person who sees one spirit soul in every living being, whether a demigod, human being, animal, bird, beast, aquatic or plant, possesses knowledge in the mode of goodness
- A pretender is sometimes seen possessing imitative attachment to Krsna, that will not be accepted as real attachment. It may be said that such attachment gives the pretender hope that he may eventually rise onto the platform of pure devotional service
- A transcendentalist should always engage his body, mind and self in relationship with the Supreme; he should live alone in a secluded place and should always carefully control his mind. He should be free from desires and feelings of possessiveness
- According to spiritual communism, one cannot possess more than he needs for his personal maintenance. That is the law of nature
- Actually, spiritual body means eternal life of bliss and knowledge. This body which we are possessing now, material body, it is neither eternal, nor blissful, nor full of knowledge
- Akrura continued, "I am falsely thinking myself happy in possessing my home, wife, children, estate, property and friends. In this way I am acting as if in a dreamland, because none of these are permanent"
- Akrura was getting gold in that proportion and distributing it profusely at sacrificial performances. Lord Krsna cited Akrura's lavishly spending gold as positive evidence of his possessing the Syamantaka jewel
- All materialistic men are mad after possessing all these material opulences, and this is known as the advancement of material civilization
- Although the six qualities education, austerity, wealth, beauty, youth and heritage are for the highly elevated, one who is proud of possessing them becomes blind
- An ideal king may be possessed of all these good qualities, and the child Pariksit is foretold to have all these qualities in perfection
- An intelligent person possessing one million dollars in currency notes does not hold the money without using it, even though he knows perfectly well that the currency notes in themselves are nothing but paper
- Another devotee said, "My dear friend, my youthful beauty is as temporary as lightning in the sky, and therefore, my possessing attractive bodily features is unimportant"
- Any opulent position a person may have within this material world is due to Krsna's mercy. One should therefore always be in Krsna consciousness, in complete gratefulness to Lord Krsna, because whatever one may possess is all bestowed by Him
- As living entities we can move, but a table cannot because it does not possess living force. Movement and activity may be considered signs or symptoms of the living force
- As long as there is the desire to enjoy sensually or to become one with the Supreme or to possess the mystic powers, there is no question of attaining the stage of pure devotional service
- As parts and parcels of the Supreme Lord (Krsna), the individual living entities can also possess all of these qualities in minute quantities, provided they become pure devotees of the Lord
- As soon as an experienced devotee sees all of these caricatures, he can immediately evaluate such rascaldom. If such a pretender is sometimes seen possessing imitative attachment to Krsna, that will not be accepted as real attachment
- As the Supersoul within the heart, He inspires all the activities of a transcendentally situated devotee. Those who possess true knowledge of the Absolute can render service to Lord Krsna in the mood of a servitor, a friend, and so on
- Asvatthama, although he's born of a brahmana father, he did not possess the quality of a brahmana, neither the work of a brahmana
- At present we do not possess any information of this eternal life, although we have much pride, even vanity, about our material knowledge
- Atmavan especially means that one should be self-possessed. He should always remain in the pure consciousness that he is spirit soul and not the material body or the mind. That will make him progress confidently in Krsna consciousness
- Bali Maharaja conquered all the planets of the universe by rightful possession. A king can conquer other kings by strength, and such possession is considered to be rightful. So Bali Maharaja possessed all the lands of the universe
- Bali Maharaja was very glad to receive the Lord's remaining step upon his head, and thus Bali Maharaja, instead of losing everything he possessed, was blessed by the Lord's becoming his constant companion and doorman
- Because He possesses the spiritual potencies, which fulfill all His desires, Krsna is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is the Vedic version
- Because of his (Arjuna) possessing spiritual assets, the doubts of duality were completely cut off
- Because of his (the living entity's) not possessing a gross body, he creates a great deal of trouble in his subtle body. Thus the presence of a ghost is horrible for those who are living in the gross body
- Because the brahmanas and Vaisnavas are always directed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, they are not greedy for material wealth. What is absolutely necessary they possess, but they do not want an expanded kingdom
- Because the Lord possesses in full the six opulences of wealth, strength, fame, beauty, knowledge and renunciation, He alone is beyond the spell of material nature
- Because we have the desire to marry, Krsna mercifully allows the so-called husband to possess a wife, and the wife to possess a so-called husband, for mutual satisfaction
- Because you have got material attachment, therefore something material lost we lament and something material we do not possess, we hanker. The two kinds of diseases
- Beggars always present themselves as possessing nothing, and this may be very good for them because in this way they are assured of not losing their money and of always drawing the attention and compassion of others for the sake of collection
- Being very much ashamed, Indra fell down at the lotus feet of the great sage and begged his pardon. Being compassionate, the sage turned the vaginas into eyes; therefore Indra possesses hundreds and thousands of eyes all over his body
- Beyond the material nature lies the realm known as paravyoma, the spiritual sky. Like Lord Krsna Himself, it possesses all transcendental attributes, such as the six opulences
- Bhaga means opulence, and van means one who possesses. The word Sanskrit, vat, it is added when there is the question of possessing. Asty arthe vat and mat pratyaya. This is Sanskrit grammar
- Bhagavan means "one who possesses all opulences." When a person possesses Bhagavan within his heart, he is also sometimes called bhagavan
- Bhurisrava possessed one aksauhini regiment of army, cavalry, elephants and chariots, and all these were employed in the Battle of Kuruksetra on behalf of Duryodhana's party. He was counted by Bhima as one of the yutha-patis
- Bodha means knowledge, and budha means one who possesses knowledge. So those who are devotees of Krsna, they are not rascals. They are not rascals. They are budhah. Not only budhah, but also bhava-samanvitah
- Brahma Purana said, "Even the demigods from higher planetary systems see the inhabitants of this Jagannatha Puri as having exactly the same features of body as are possessed by one in Vaikuntha"
- Brahma said, "You are the original lamp. Other incarnations may possess the same candlepower as the original lamp, but the original lamp is the beginning of all light"
- Brahmanya means one who fully possesses the brahminical qualifications
- By personally tasting the mellows of love of Godhead, Caitanya Mahaprabhu taught His direct disciples the process. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is a wealthy capitalist possessing the touchstone of love of God
- By possessing all these material assets one becomes artificially puffed up, intoxicated by such temporary possessions. Consequently, such materially puffed up persons are incapable of uttering the holy name of the Lord by addressing Him feelingly
- Emperor Svayambhuva Manu not only approached the cottage of dried leaves possessed by the hermit Kardama but also offered respectful obeisances unto him
- Everlastingly beautiful and youthful women, who were dressed with clean garments, glittered in the city like fires with flames. They all possessed the quality of syama
- Everyone is seeking satisfaction, atyantiksu. Everyone is struggling for existence for the ultimate happiness. But in this material world, although they are thinking by possessing material wealth they will be satisfied, but that is not the fact
- Everyone should use his money to spread the great transcendental movement of Krsna consciousness. If one does not spend money for this purpose but accumulates more than necessary, he will certainly become proud of the money he illegally possesses
- Everything has some value, and one has to pay the value before obtaining or possessing it
- Gandhiji although born in a Vaisya family, possessed almost all the nine qualifications of a Brahmin and if possible we can find out such Brahmin in other parts of the World
- Generally, the material opulences are good parentage, education, beauty and riches, but although a devotee of the Lord may possess all four of these material opulences, he is never carried away by the pride of possessing such distinctions
- Generated from the great ocean (of milk) were the celebrated gems Kaustubha-mani and Padmaraga-mani. Lord Visnu, to decorate His chest, desired to possess them
- Genuine jnanis know how everything is connected to Brahman, the Absolute Truth. They are humble, unassuming, clean, brahminical, and reverent toward the guru, and they possess many other good qualities
- Great personalities and sages who are able to see everything clearly through the eyes of the revealed scriptures and possess vision of the three phases of the time element, namely past, present and future
- Having concluded that Krsna was the S.P of Godhead, the sages addressed Him thus, "Dear Lord, we, the leaders of human society, are supposed to possess the proper philosophy of life, yet we are bewildered by the spell of Your external energy"
- He (Lord Caitanya) expounded eighteen different explanations of the verse. In summary, He said that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is full of innumerable potencies; no one can estimate how many transcendental qualities He possesses
- He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) possesses the potency for unfailing knowledge and supreme willpower, and He is the controller of the living entities and the illusory energy
- He did not need the help of the earthly planet. Being the incarnation of Lord Visnu, Prthu Maharaja possessed the power of Sankarsana, which is explained by the scientists as the power of gravitation
- Her (Mohini-murti's) legs were decorated with ankle bells. Because of the movements of Her eyebrows as She smiled with shyness and glanced over the demons, all the demons were saturated with lusty desires, and every one of them desired to possess Her
- Here the Lord is significantly described as yajnavayava. One should not consider the Lord to have the body of an ordinary boar. He can assume any form, and He possesses all such forms eternally
- Hiranyakasipu murmured to himself, "Lord Visnu, who possesses great mystic power, has made this plan to kill me, but what is the use of such an attempt? Who can fight with me?"
- His (Krsna's) bodily beauty possesses mind-attracting splendor greater than the jewels known as marakata-mani (emeralds)
- His father, Uttanapada, was the emperor of the entire world, and his grandfather, Lord Brahma, was the creator of the universe. Dhruva Maharaja expressed his desire to possess a kingdom better than those of his father and grandfather
- How long shall you sleep on the lap of maya? Now you have the opportunity of possessing a human form of body; now try to get up and realize yourself
- I (Prahlada Maharaja) offer my respectful obeisances unto Lord Nrsimhadeva, the source of all power. O my Lord who possesses nails and teeth just like thunderbolts, kindly vanquish our demonlike desires for fruitive activity in this material world
- I (Raghunatha dasa Gosvami) was unwilling to drink the nectar of devotional service possessed of renunciation
- I cannot say, "I possess this universe." But I can say, "I possess this body. I have got some mind. And I have got some little family. So everything I surrender unto You (Krsna)"
- I surrender unto the lotus feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, who is known as Sankarsana in the midst of the catur-vyuha. He possesses full opulences and resides in Vaikunthaloka, far beyond the material creation
- If a man is not born rich and he wants to purchase a house, cars and other material things, he has to work hard day and night for many years in order to possess them. Thus happiness is not attained without undergoing some distress
- If anyone wants to possess something as his, then that should be, that possession should be Krsna. That is the ultimate conception of "mine." That is the perfection of the word "mine"
- If every one of us possess a temple there, the importance of Sridhama Mayapur will automatically increase and we must have this ideal in view always
- If his (the foolish materialist 's) father dies, he wants to enjoy his father's property, and if his son dies, he wants to enjoy his son's possessions as well. In either case, he heedlessly tries to enjoy material happiness with the acquired money
- If one engages himself in the service of the Lord through his life, wealth, words, intelligence and everything he possesses, he will always be liberated in any condition. Such a person is called a jivan-mukta
- If one gets a diamond, he possesses something valuable. But in this civilization you are simply making plastic plates and plastic cups. Indeed, in Japan I have seen pasteboard homes. And everyone is thinking that he is advanced
- If one is not a devotee of the Lord, Krsna harav abhaktasya kuto mahad-gunah - he cannot possess any great qualities. That is not possible
- If people are advised not to collect too many goods, eat too much or work unnecessarily to possess artificial amenities, they think they are being advised to return to a primitive way of life
- If the S.P. of Godhead, from whose abdomen the lotus stem sprouted, is possessed of a gigantic body according to His own caliber & measurement, then what is the specific difference between the body of the Lord & those of common living entities?
- If there is an ideal class of men, the others will follow. Jewel. Jewel is always costly. Still everyone aspires, "If I get a jewel." That is wanted. Not that everybody can possess jewel, but still, everybody will appreciate jewel
- In fact, all the different humors and mellows of the devotees possess various specific feelings within the mind. And, according to these differences, the symptoms of ecstatic love appear in different forms and degrees
- In other words, those who are already promoted to the Vaikuntha planets and possess the four kinds of liberation may also sometimes develop affection for Krsna and become promoted to Krsna-loka
- In Padyavali a devotee says , "As for us we are simply attached to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is by nature so pleasing, who possesses a complexion like a blackish cloud"
- In the Brahma-samhita, the body of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is described as ananda-cinmaya-rasa. The Supreme Personality of Godhead possesses a spiritual body, not a material body
- In the conditioned state of material existence, the living being possesses these attributes (of Krsna) in very minute quantity, varying in terms of the pious life of the living being
- In the Isopanisad it is clearly stated that one who has come to the stage of seeing all living beings equally does not hate anyone or favor anyone. The devotee does not hanker to possess more than he requires
- In the material world we possess riches and wealth in many ways, but sometimes not in very honest and pious ways, because that is the nature of accumulating wealth
- In the mundane world, anyone possessing his master's power of attorney can act on behalf of his master
- In the upper planets the inhabitants are far superior to the inhabitants of this planet in all matters of art, culture and science, since they possess brains superior to those of human beings
- Indeed, the advanced uttama-adhikari Vaisnava devotee should be accepted as a spiritual master. Everything one possesses should be offered to him, for it is enjoined that one should deliver whatever he has to the spiritual master
- Instead of wasting time performing Vedic sacrifices, those who are intelligent, those who possess good brain substance, should take to the chanting of the Lord's holy name and thus perform sacrifice perfectly
- It is evident from Lord Krsna’s dealings with Sudama Vipra that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is very, very much pleased with a person who possesses brahminical qualities
- Kaliya said, "You are the original creator of the modes of material nature, by which the universe is created. You are the cause of the different kinds of mentality possessed by living creatures, by which they have obtained different varieties of bodies"
- KC is so beneficial it easily counteracts material nature's contamination resulting from one's possessing a material body. BG therefore teaches, in the beginning, that whether one is man or woman one must know he or she isn't the body but a spiritual soul
- King has no self-control and possesses bad character. If such a king is worshiped or honored by the citizens, the citizens will never be happy
- King Prthu did not want anyone to offer him prayers or glorify him unless he possessed the real qualities of which they spoke
- Krishna is so kind that although he is ajit, unconquerable, He can be possessed by the devotee. From love He allows this
- Krishna is so kind that although he is ajit, unconquerable, He can be possessed by the devotee. From love He allows this. This is the great position of the devotee
- Krsna addressed Rukmini, "Although not all of them (the great personalities in the royal order) were kings, all possessed the opulence and riches of the kingly order"
- Krsna continued, "Although My foster father possessed many hundreds of thousands of cows, I (Krsna) was not the proprietor of even one of them. I was simply entrusted with taking care of them and tending them, but I was not the proprietor"
- Krsna continued, "You (Rukmini) may note also that My devotees are not very opulent; they also are very poor in worldly goods. Persons who are very rich, possessing worldly wealth, are not interested in devotion to Me, or Krsna consciousness"
- Krsna ordered the serpent thus, "You (Kaliya) can take with you all your offspring, wives and everything that you possess. Don’t pollute the waters of the Yamuna. Let it be drunk by My cows and cowherd boys without hindrance"
- Krsna possesses three different lokas, or natures
- Krsna said, "But by Her bodily features and counter words She neglects Me. And I even possess unlimited pleasure by Her neglect of Me, for She becomes so beautiful that She increases My pleasure one hundred times"
- Krsna, the supreme hero, has the most beautiful transcendental body. This body possesses all good features. It is radiant and very pleasing to the eyes. His body is powerful, strong and youthful
- Laksmidevi shows compassion toward women who worship the Lord for the benediction of possessing a good husband. Although such women desire to be happy with children, wealth, a long duration of life and everything dear to them, they cannot possibly do so
- Learned scholars in transcendental subjects have carefully analyzed the summum bonum Krsna to have sixty-four principal attributes. All the expansions or categories of the Lord possess only some percentages of these attributes
- Lord Krsna desired to taste the limitless nectarean mellows of the love possessed by one of His multitude of loving damsels (Sri Radha), and so He has assumed the form of Lord Caitanya
- Lord Krsna possesses all these (Brahmanya) qualities, and He is worshiped by persons who themselves possess such qualities
- Lord Krsna said, "He (who even wishes to possess property of Brahmana) will be defeated by his enemies, and after being bereft of his royal position, when he gives up his body he will become a serpent, giving trouble to all other living entities"
- Lord Krsna said, "If someone even wishes to possess such property (of Brahmana), let alone attempts to take it away by force, the duration of his life will be reduced"
- Lord Rsabhadeva possessed all mystic yoga powers, but He was satisfied with His devotional love of Krsna, which was evinced by the ecstatic symptoms, such as crying, laughing and shivering
- Lord Siva said, "A person who possesses a human body but who cannot bring his senses under control is carried away by the waves of sensual enjoyment. As such, he cannot take shelter of Your lotus feet and thus engage in Your devotional service"
- Lord Siva, who is neither avatara nor avesa nor in between them, possesses almost eighty-four percent of the attributes (of Krsna)
- Lord Visnu is the original personal expansion of Krsna, and Krsna is the original source of all incarnations. As far as power is concerned, Lord Visnu is as powerful as Lord Krsna because He possesses all the opulences
- Maha-Visnu possessed dazzling beauty, and His palms were like lotus flowers. He was further beautified by the different emblems of the visnu-murti - the conchshell, club, disc and lotus flower - which He held in His four hands
- Maharaja Prthu was an unrivaled king and possessed the scepter for ruling all the seven islands on the surface of the globe. No one could disobey his irrevocable orders but the saintly persons
- Material wealth and opulence attained through previous pious activities can be fully utilized for one's benefit in this life and the next if one is Krsna conscious. One should not try to possess more than he needs for the bare necessities
- Materialism does not mean that one has to possess so many things, the actual fact is one may be a perfect transcendentalist of spiritual man by possessing the whole world, and one may be a gross materialist without possessing a farthing
- Materialists who try to get the favor of the goddess of fortune only to possess her for personal enjoyment are frustrated. Theirs is not a good policy
- Money means gold. Where is gold? You are cheated. Money means gold. So instead of possessing gold, you are possessing some paper, written there, "hundred dollars." And you are such a fool, you are satisfied
- My dear Sir, according to Your behavior and bodily features, You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It is impossible for ordinary living beings to possess such transcendental qualities
- Nakula said, "A person who cannot tolerate the worship of Krsna is my enemy and is possessed of a demonic nature. Therefore I wish to strike my left foot upon his broad head, just to punish him more strongly than the wand of Yamaraja!"
- Nanda continued, "If Krsna were not a great personality, how could He have killed Kamsa, who possessed the strength of ten thousand elephants? Besides Kamsa, there were the very strong wrestlers, as well as the giant elephant Kuvalayapida"
- Nanda Maharaj, the father of Krsna, used to think: "In my pasturing ground the goddess of fortune is personally present, and I possess more than ten hundred, thousand cows which loiter here and there"
- Narakasura possessed eleven such divisions, and all of them were throwing arrows toward Krsna, but Krsna killed them all, simply by throwing three arrows from His side
- Nirmana-moha jita-sanga-dosah. This refers to one who is completely freed from the puffed-up condition of material possessiveness
- No one likes to possess anything that is like a will-o'-the-wisp or a flower in the sky, for everyone knows very well that such things do not exist
- No wealth of love for Krsna
- Nondevotees may possess exalted material qualities, but because they are foolish they have no good qualifications
- Not finding any combatant, he (Banasura) struck his powerful arms against the mountains, breaking them to pieces. In contrast to this, Arjuna also possessed extraordinary powers for fighting, but he utilized them only for Krsna
- Not only did they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) possess all these things, but they could give them (milk products, various kinds of jewelry, ornaments and costly garments) away in charity lavishly, as did Nanda Maharaja
- One may be proud of possessing a vast empire, but such empires are impermanent; after one hundred or two hundred years, everything is finished. All such positions of economic development, although created with great hardship, are vanquished
- One should also note that all the forms of Krsna are fully transcendental, blissful, full of knowledge and eternal. Such personalities of Godhead are omnipotent and omniscient, and they possess all transcendental qualities
- One should be satisfied with whatever he achieves by his previous destiny, for discontent can never bring happiness. A person who is not self-controlled will not be happy even with possessing the three worlds
- One should not make the mistake of thinking the world has no existence at all. I really possess my temporary material body and mind, and I must not make myself a laughing stock by denying the existence of my body and mind
- One should practice nonviolence and truthfulness, should avoid thieving and be satisfied with possessing as much as he needs for his maintenance
- One who possesses more in this material world, in the shape of houses, land, children, society, friendship and wealth, possesses these things only for the time being. One cannot possess all this illusory paraphernalia, created by maya, permanently
- One who possesses more money than he needs should spend it for Krsna. Unless one does so, he will become puffed up because of his false possessions, and therefore he will be punished in the next life, as described herein
- One who wants to possess also laments when he loses his possession. Devotees have no hankerings for material possessions and no hankerings for spiritual salvation
- One who wants to remain here in the material world for material enjoyment has no business entering into the eternal kingdom of God. The Lord favors such a foolish devotee by snatching all that he may possess in the material world
- One's longevity, opulence, beauty, education and whatever else one may possess as a result of pious activities cannot protect one if one commits an offense at the lotus feet of a Vaisnava
- Persons who are actually very poor because they possess not even a drop of love of Godhead or pure devotional service falsely advertise themselves as great devotees, although they cannot at any time relish the transcendental bliss of devotional service
- Present life means so long we possess this material body, it is full of inauspicity
- Rukmini continued, "Although You (Krsna) do not possess anything, the great demigods who accept prayers and worship from others come and worship You to solicit Your mercy. How can You be categorized among the poor"
- Rukmini continued, "I see, therefore, that a great sage like Narada Muni, who does not possess any material property, is still very dear to You (Krsna). And such persons do not care for anything but Your Lordship"
- Rukmini continued, "In the material world, no one can be rich without possessing. Since Your Lordship is absolute, You (Krsna) can adjust the contradiction of possessing nothing but at the same time being the richest"
- Rukmini continued, "My dear Lord, You have stated that persons who possess nothing are very dear to You; renouncing everything, Your devotee wants to possess You only"
- Rukmini continued, "You (Krsna) have described Yourself as penniless, but this condition is not poverty. Since there is nothing in existence but You, You do not need to possess anything - You Yourself are everything"
- Rukmini first addressed Krsna as Yogesvara. Yogesvara means "one who is possessed of inconceivable opulence and energy." Krsna possesses inconceivable opulence and energy, whereas Rukmini's brother (Rukmi) had only limited military potency
- Rukmini was so elated by the brahmana's message that she wanted to give him in charity everything she possessed. However, finding nothing suitable for presentation, she simply offered him her respectful obeisances
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'All glories unto You! All glories unto You (Visnu)! By Your own transcendental nature You fully possess all six opulences. As such, You are able to deliver all conditioned souls from the clutches of maya'"
- Sanatana Gosvami, out of his causeless mercy, made me drink it (the nectar of devotional service possessed of renunciation), even though I (Raghunatha dasa Gosvami) was otherwise unable to do so. Therefore he is an ocean of mercy
- Sannyasa means simply possess Krsna and no other possessions. That is niskincana
- Satya Sai Baba, he wants to claim himself as Bhagavan, unfortunately. He can not give any faultless message. The definition of Bhagavan is given in the sastras as one who possesses six kinds of opulences. Nobody is greater than Bhagavan, Krsna
- Since Dr. Radhakrishnan implies that the impersonal Brahman alone possesses such transcendental qualities as being inexhaustible, imperishable, and unborn, we must turn to the Gita for a proper reply
- Since that nature (the sanatana nature) is spiritual in quality, there are no qualitative differences there (in the spiritual sky): everything there is spiritual, everything is good, and everything possesses the spiritual form of Sri Krsna Himself
- Since the living being is constitutionally part and parcel of the Lord, he is unable to assimilate all the knowledge that the Lord possesses Himself. In the conditioned state, the living being is subject to forget everything
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is a wealthy capitalist possessing the touchstone of love of God
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is a wealthy capitalist possessing the touchstone of love of God. Not considering whether one is a proper or improper recipient, He gives His treasure to anyone and everyone. Thus He is the most munificent
- Sri Krsna is the possessor of the attributes cent percent. And His personal expansions such as svayam-prakasa, tad-ekatma up to the categories of the avataras who are all visnu-tattva, possess up to ninety-three percent of these transcendental attributes
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has compared possessing these bhukti (material) and mukti (liberation) desires with being influenced by the black art of a witch: in both cases one is in trouble
- Suppose you have stolen something from somebody's house or some friends. You will not be happy, even possessing that thing, stolen property. But if someday you come to return that thing to that friend, you will be happy
- Surrender to Krsna whatever you possess. What you possess? You possess your body, you possess your mind, and, it may be, you possess a home, wife, children, or husband, children. This is our possession
- Suryadasa Sarakhela and his younger brother Krsnadasa Sarakhela both possessed firm faith in Nityananda Prabhu. They were a reservoir of love of Godhead
- The brahmanas do not seek material comforts from Me. They are very pure and do not want to possess anything. They simply engage in My devotional service. What is the need of their asking for material benefits from anyone else?
- The brahminical character offers no scope for possessing land and ruling citizens; these are the duties of a ksatriya
- The brain is most important part of the body, this head. If you cut the head of a man, then, in spite of possessing the arms, belly and legs, he is dead man. But if you cut the hand or the leg, he can live, and the brain can work
- The demoniac want to make a show of religion and advancement in spiritual science, although they do not follow the principles. They are always arrogant or proud in possessing some type of education or so much wealth
- The denizens of the heavenly kingdom are called amara, or deathless, due to their possessing a long span of life, far greater than that of the human beings
- The desires for acquiring a house, possessing land, having children and becoming prominent in society, the affection for community and the place of birth, and the hankering for wealth, are all like phantasmagoria or illusory dreams
- The desires for acquiring a house, possessing land, having children and becoming prominent in society, the affection for community and the place of birth, and the hankering for wealth, encumber a human being
- The devotee's desirable qualities are described to be twenty-six in number. They are stated as follows: He does not profess to possess anything in this material world and he is a benefactor to all living entities
- The factual Absolute Truth is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna. He is the complete energetic person, and He possesses different separated and internal energies
- The greatly fortunate Sasabindu, who was a great mystic, possessed fourteen opulences and was the owner of fourteen great jewels. Thus he became the emperor of the world
- The impetus for lording it over material nature is the sense of "mine" and "I". "I am the lord of all that I survey. So many things I possess, and I shall possess more and more. Who can be richer than I in wealth and education?"
- The individual person possessing different instruments of senses is called the adhyatmic person, and the individual controlling deity of the senses is called adhidaivic. The embodiment seen on the eyeballs is called the adhibhautic person
- The individual sparks of the supreme whole (the Lord) possess almost eighty percent of the known qualities of the whole, but they are not quantitatively equal to the Supreme Lord
- The jivas, or the individual living beings in different statuses of life, possess up to the limit of seventy-eight percent of the attributes (of Krsna)
- The Krsna consciousness movement is so beneficial that it can very easily counteract the contamination of material nature, which results from one's possessing a material body
- The ksatriyas, they are working in the modes of passion. They want to possess land, they want to be king, they want to be leader of the citizens, and they see to the protection of the citizens. This is called in the mode of passion
- The living being can never possess attributes like Siva, Visnu or Lord Krsna. A living being can become godly by developing the seventy-eight-percent transcendental attributes in fullness, but he can never become a God like Siva, Visnu or Krsna
- The living entity never possesses anything exactly in the same proportion as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore, this mayat affix cannot be used to mean that the individual living entity is quantitatively equal with the Lord
- The Lord is always possessed of an eternal form of knowledge and bliss, and that is the difference between the Lord and the living entity. One can understand this difference by the process of bhakti-yoga
- The Lord possesses unlimited potency for pleasure, and the living entities have a limited pleasure potency
- The Lord replied, "My dear mother, please hear. This body belongs to you. I do not possess anything"
- The Lord says, "They do not aspire after the five liberated stages, which are 1) to be one with Me, 2) to achieve residence on My planet, 3) to have My opulences, 4) to possess bodily features similar to Mine and 5) to gain personal association with Me"
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, it is known to You (Krsna) that Jarasandha possesses the power of ten thousand elephants, and with this power he has imprisoned us, just as a lion hypnotizes a flock of sheep"
- The money was immediately deposited with your cashier and I possess the receipt slip, but here in Bombay your Gwalia Tank Branch says that they have not received the money
- The most perfect of living beings is Brahma, the supreme administrator of one universe. He possesses seventy-eight percent of the attributes in full
- The personified Vedas continued, "If a person has a jeweled locket in his necklace but forgets the jewel, it is almost as though he does not possess it"
- The plan decided upon by the sages was for Bhrgu to test which one of the predominating deities possesses the quality of goodness in full
- The potency to give protection to the pious and kill the demons or undesirables is directly an energy from the Supreme Lord, and the king or the chief executive of the state is supposed to possess such energy
- The professional heads of various spiritual societies or communities often may not have attained to this standard of spiritual perfection and so may not possess the qualifications required for being a spiritual master
- The prostitute (vesya) had earned money by questionable means, and therefore Haridasa Thakura advised her to distribute to the brahmanas whatever she possessed
- The pure devotee is the pleasure-possessing cloud, and when he is filled with transcendental loving service, then he can bestow his mercy as a downpour of rain - and the pleasure potency returns to the ocean of Krsna
- The sex demand is inevitable for everyone, but one who has a fixed wife is saved from the onslaught of the sense enemies. A man who possesses a good wife does not create a disturbance in society by corrupting virgin girls
- The soldiers in this Krsna consciousness movement must always possess physical strength, enthusiasm and sensual power. To keep themselves fit, they must therefore place themselves in a normal condition of life
- The standard of perfection for a human being is to develop the attributes (of Krsna) up to seventy-eight percent in full. The living being can never possess attributes like Siva, Visnu or Lord Krsna
- The Supersoul of all living beings from Brahma to the insignificant ant endows all with the required knowledge potent in every living being. A living being is sufficiently potent to possess knowledge from the Lord in the proportion of fifty sixty-fourths
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead becomes very dear to those devotees who have no material possessions but are fully happy in possessing the devotional service of the Lord. Indeed, the Lord relishes the devotional activities of such devotees
- The Supreme Personality who possesses all riches, all strength, all fame, all beauty, all knowledge and all renunciation is called Bhagavan
- The tenth offense is to be attached to the misconception of possessing something, or to accept the body as one's self, while executing the process of spiritual cultivation
- The theory of the impersonalist that the Lord appears in the material mode of goodness cannot be accepted. The impersonalist conclusion is against the Vedic version that the Lord possesses a transcendental pleasure potency
- The things which we possess during our duration of life are first achieved and then let out along with all of our other temporary possessions. Therefore the best use of possessions during our lifetime is to dedicate it to the service of the Lord
- The Vaisnava philosophers know perfectly well that the Absolute Truth, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, can never be impersonal or void, because He possesses innumerable potencies
- The words bhagavan indrah indicate that a living entity can even be as exalted and powerful as King Indra, for even King Indra is an ordinary living entity in the material world and possesses the four defects of the conditioned soul
- There are many persons who are very rich, very powerful, very beautiful, very famous, very learned, and very much detached, but no one can claim that he possesses all riches, all strength, etc., entirely
- There are two kinds of supreme purity. When one type is possessed, one is able to deliver a sinful person. When the other type is possessed, one does not do anything which is impure. A person who possesses either of these is called supremely pure
- There is a very deep meaning in the word ‘try-adhisvara,' which indicates that Krsna possesses three different lokas, or natures
- There is no difference between a good wife and good intelligence. One who possesses good intelligence can deliberate properly and save himself from many dangerous conditions
- There is not even the slightest difference between the potency of the Supreme Person and that of His plenary expansion as Paramatma. But the vibhinnamsa parts and parcels possess only a minute portion of the potencies of the Lord
- They (the gopis) dedicated their bodies, and everything they possessed, to the service of Sri Krsna, taking it for granted that their bodies were meant for His enjoyment
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) possessed such an abundance of various kinds of milk products that they were throwing butter lavishly on each other’s bodies without restriction
- Thinking that because the brahmanas have no material desires they should possess the entire world, Lord Ramacandra delivered the land between the east, west, north and south to the acarya
- This is jnana, regretting "My dear Lord, I got this very opportune moment to possess this human form of life, manusya-janama paiya, but my duty was to worship Radha-Krsna." That is the highest perfection of worshiping
- Those possessing the title of Bhaktivedanta will be allowed to initiate disciples. Maybe by 1975, all of my disciples will be allowed to initiate and increase the numbers of the generations. That is my program
- Those who are very materialistic or who possess material wealth and prosperity are unable to appreciate the value of transcendental love of God
- Those who have no desire for Krsna consciousness and who are simply interested in possessing more and more material things - either in the shape of scientific knowledge or monetary gain - are all included under the control of atyahara
- To have high parentage, to possess wealth, to be highly learned and to have great personal beauty are all due to past pious acts
- We are proud of possessing a few acres of land, and Bhagavan means who is the proprietor of the whole universe. Therefore He is considered the richest. Similarly, He is considered the strongest. And similarly, He is considered the wisest
- We have got two diseases in the material world. One is socati, and the other is kanksati. The things which we haven't got we desire to possess, kanksati. And the things which we possess, it will be spoiled, it will be lost
- We must have a temple at Mayapur. If every one of us possess a temple there, the importance of Sridhama Mayapur will automatically increase and we must have this ideal in view always
- We must know that whatever we possess, whatever we are seeing, these are all dream, temporary
- We possess the living force, we perform activities, and we are immortal by our nature and constitution, but the material condition into which we have been put does not allow our immortality to be displayed
- We should see all women as spiritual units (aham brahmasmi), whose only duty is to satisfy Krsna. Then the influences of the different modes of material nature, which result from one's possessing a material body, will not act
- Welcoming him with sweet, nectarean words, He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) addressed Narada as bhagavan, or one who is self-sufficient, possessing all knowledge, renunciation, strength, fame, beauty and other, similar opulences
- When a devotee, in spite of possessing all the qualities of pure realization, is not proud of his position, he is called prideless
- When Lord Ramacandra gave everything in charity to the brahmanas, the brahmanas, being qualified, wisely considered that brahmanas are not meant to possess property to make a profit from it
- When one possesses material opulence in any of these three divisions (upper, lower and middle planetary systems) of the universe, his possessions naturally increase his enmity, anxiety, mental agitation, pride and belligerence
- While Sukadeva was narrating various activities of Krsna in playing the role of an ordinary human being, he also narrated the history of the battle between the dynasty of Yadu & the demon Salva, who had managed to possess a wonderful airship named Saubha
- Who can claim that "I am wealthy. I possess all the wealth of the universe"? Who can say? Only Krsna can say; nobody can say. You may be millionaire. You may be Rockefeller or this Tata or Birla. That is very insignificant position
- Who in this world does not want to possess wealth, beauty and the social respectability that come from these opulences? People generally desire material enjoyment, material opulence and the association of aristocratic family members
- With the choicest rubies set in its diamond walls, the castle created in the sky by Kardama Muni, appeared as though possessed of eyes. It was furnished with wonderful canopies and greatly valuable gates of gold
- Without contentment one could not be happy even if he possessed the property of the entire world or the entire universe. In human society, therefore, the brahminical culture, ksatriya culture and vaisya culture must be maintained
- You are a sincere devotee of Krishna and He has given you a great opportunity of service, perhaps number 1 in all the centers. You are the only pioneer center who possess your own property and press
- You take a rasagulla, give it to the stomach. This is the process. Similarly, whatever you possess, you give it to Krsna and take prasadam. Then you will be happy. Otherwise it will not bring happiness, because that is not the process