Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
plea | pleas | plead | pleads | pleaded | pleading | pleader | pleaders
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Plea"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- A man was murdered, and the criminal lawyer pleaded that he was in madness. So the expert medical practitioner was invited and he was asked to examine whether this man is in madness
- A thief pleading not guilty because of committing theft not for personal interest but for the interest of society or country has never been excused by the established law of any country
- According to the Vedic system, a saintly person takes the position of a mendicant so that on the plea of begging something from the householder, he can enter any house
- Although I am unfit and greatly afraid to submit this plea, I nevertheless request You, Sir, to be especially merciful toward me by granting me shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Anyone who misunderstands this perishable body to be the self and who works for it in the name of sociology, politics, philanthropy, altruism, nationalism or internationalism, under the false plea of the bodily conception of life, is certainly a fool
- Kamsa appeared with great force in the maternity room, and in spite of Devaki's pleas that the child be saved, the demon forcibly snatched the child from Devaki's hands and dashed the child against a rock
- Kindly hear my real plea
- Krsna pleaded that the best should be offered to the King. But Satrajit, being a worshiper of the demigods, had become too materialistic, instead of accepting Krsna's request, thought it wiser to worship the jewel to get the 170 pounds of gold every day
- Maharaja Antardhana was not very happy while exacting taxes or punishing the citizens for their criminal activities; therefore, on the plea of performing sacrifices, he retired from the royal majestic power at a very early age
- My dear Lord Caitanya, please have mercy upon me. There is no one who is as merciful as You. My plea is most urgent because Your mission is to deliver all fallen souls, and no one is more fallen than I. Therefore I beg priority
- O lotus-eyed one, kindly bless me by fulfilling my desire. When someone in distress approaches a great person, his pleas should never go in vain
- O mother (Parvati), you are now unnecessarily angry, but since all my (Citraketu) happiness and distress are destined by my past activities, I do not plead to be excused or relieved from your curse
- On the plea of disturbance of the bodily air and metabolism, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu acted as if crazy. Thus in His school He began to explain the grammar of verbs through Krsna consciousness
- On the plea of her (Kubja's) sense gratification He (Krsna) decided to go to her house, not actually for sense gratification but to turn her into a pure devotee
- On the plea of taking a bath in Naimisaranya the sages came to meet Maharaja Pariksit because they could foresee that Srimad-Bhagavatam would be spoken by Sukadeva Gosvami. All of them wanted to take advantage of the great occasion
- On the plea of visiting all those holy places, the Lord converted many thousands of residents and thus delivered them. Simply by touching the holy places, He made them into great places of pilgrimage
- One thing is that at least in Bengal they do not require much information because this Caitanya Movement is their movement. It is simply a plea
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Madhavendra Puri was so fortunate that Krsna personally appeared before him on the plea of delivering milk. Three times the Lord gave orders to Madhavendra Puri in dreams"
- Sri Krsna had ordered His friend Sudama to go to a brahmana's house and ask for some food. The brahmanas were performing a great sacrifice, and Sri Krsna told Sudama to plead with them that He and Balarama were feeling hungry and needed some food
- That the ksatriyas had killed Parasurama's father was only a plea; the real fact is that because the ksatriyas, the ruling class, had become polluted, their position was inauspicious
- The beautiful flowers placed in their hair would fall, and the queens, being seemingly harassed by the Lord’s throwing water at them, would approach Him on the plea of snatching the syringelike instrument
- The government says "In God we trust", and we are preaching the message of love of God, pleading with the people to become servants of God. So where is the cause of breaking the public peace?
- The king puts the disobedient citizens within the walls of the jail, but sometimes the king, desiring the prisoners' relief, personally goes there and pleads for reformation, and on his doing so the prisoners are set free
- This food distribution program is to be done very, very nicely as I have already written in my last letter. Generally people make a plea that why are there so many hungry and naked. So we invite all hungry and naked people to come to us
- Whatever you do, you should always be humble: "Krsna, I am quite unfit. So whatever I could collect with my capacity, kindly accept." This is our only plea
- When he was arrested and he was being judged by Alexander, the thief pleaded that "What is the difference between you and me? You are a great thief. I am a small thief." So Alexander understood it and got him released, "Yes." This is generosity
- When India was too much addicted for animal slaughtering under the plea of Vedic sacrifice, the Lord Buddha appeared. Why? They misused the Vedic injunctions
- When Lord Buddha appeared, the people in general were atheistic and preferred animal flesh to anything else. On the plea of Vedic sacrifice, every place was practically turned into a slaughterhouse, and animal-killing was indulged in unrestrictedly
- When Maharaja Pariksit sat down on the bank of the Ganges, the news spread in all directions of the universe, and the great-minded sages, who could follow the importance of the occasion, all arrived there on the plea of pilgrimage
- When Your devotee Vasudeva Datta submitted his plea at Your lotus feet for the deliverance of all living entities, You accepted that request
- While this was going on, Raghunatha dasa thought of a tricky method of escape. Thus he humbly submitted this plea at the feet of the Muslim caudhuri