Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
plain | plainly
Pages in category "Plain"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- A devotee should not live very gorgeously and imitate a materialistic person. Plain living and high thinking are recommended for a devotee
- Akrura plainly informed Satadhanva that he would always offer his most respectful obeisances to Krsna, the Supersoul of everything created and the original cause of all causes
- For plain living we must have sufficient land for raising crops and pasturing grounds for the cows. If there is sufficient grains and production of milk, then the whole economic problem is solved
- From the very beginning of your meeting with me you have very sincerely & honestly carried out my orders & I am so much obliged to you for your simple and plain behavior
- Generally people do not like to accept plain living and high thinking. That is their unfortunate position
- Gopsi said, "O infallible one (Krsna), You had better know what is the reason for our coming here. In plain words, we are here simply because we have been captivated by the sweet sound of Your flute"
- Here in New Vrindaban we are trying to establish an ideal life - plain living and advanced in Krsna consciousness. That is real business
- Human life is meant for plain living and high thinking. Since all conditioned living beings are under the control of the Lord's third energy, this material world is designed so that one is obliged to work
- I met here Swami Pravhavananda, and I talked with him. To speak plainly how I found him - a great rascal. I know that this station is one of Rama-Krishna mission, beginning from Vivekananda, down to this age, all are living in fool's paradise
- If he had no desire to go to London he would have plainly told me like that. It has certainly given me a great shock. He is one of my very faithful disciples and if he does like that how can I prosecute my programmes
- If you don't accept Krsna's works, which are very plainly explained in the Bhagavad gita, then you have to remain in this mrtyu-samsara-vartmani. It is very plain truth. There is no doubt about it
- If you have, if you have got some intention to cheat others, then you will be restless, asanta. But if you are simple, plain, then there is no asanta. There is santi
- In India plain cloth is sufficient. Most of the…, most part of the year in the villages, they remain naked body. There is no need of any heavy clothing. But sometimes, to keep up the modern civilization, we dress heavily with coats, pants and necktie
- In plain words she (hunchback woman) proposed that Krsna come to her home and satisfy her lusty desires. Krsna, of course, felt a little bit embarrassed in front of His elder brother, Balarama, but He knew that the girl was simple and attracted
- In the last portion of the Bhagavad-gita, Lord Krsna very plainly says to Arjuna, "My dear Arjuna, now I have spoken everything to you. Now you may choose to accept it or not"
- Instead of wasting time with business speculations, one should seek the life of plain living and high spiritual thinking and thus save himself from perpetual materialistic unrest
- Krsna consciousness movement is trying to save people from the hog civilization or dog civilization to human civilization. Human civilization means plain living and advancing in spiritual consciousness, not to increase unnecessarily artificial way of life
- Krsna plainly informed him that He had come there to ask for the jewel in order to be free from this defamation
- Krsna plainly says that His devotees are more dear to Him than Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Lord Sankarsana (the original cause of creation), the goddess of fortune or even His own Self
- One may then ask this question: What was the purpose for which Arjuna fought on the battlefield of Kuruksetra? The answer is plain and simple. The fight that is fought in pursuance of military duty touches the body only
- One should not be misled by a pseudodevotee. He himself must be plain and gentle to receive the instructions of such a pure devotee. A pure devotee is a completely surrendered soul unto the Personality of Godhead
- Our policy is very simple and plain. We invite people to participate in chanting, dancing and eating prasadam
- The Buddhists plainly declare that they do not accept the authority of the Vedas, but the impersonalists masquerade themselves as followers of Vedas, but actually they are hidden Buddhists
- The plain answer is that since Lord Buddha appeared and began to deprecate the performance of sacrifice in order to stop animal killing on this planet, the process of offering sacrifices has been stopped, and the demigods do not care to come here anymore
- The service attitude of the devotees who play the parts of superiors of the Lord is very difficult to understand, but it can be very plainly understood in connection with the superexcellence of their particular service to Lord Krsna
- There should be no duplicity. Sato vrtteh means plain dealing, straight dealing
- They don't mind even if they become a dog next life. Is it not? This is Western civilization. They say plainly, "What is wrong? I'll forget." Such degradation has taken place in the human society
- This complete arrangement affords the proper quota of wealth for everyone according to his real needs, and thus everyone may live peacefully according to the principle of plain living and high thinking
- Those who are genuinely renounced understand that they must not give up performing their prescribed daily duties in the social order, because otherwise there will be disaster, plain and simple
- When Krsna, along with Bhima and Arjuna, went to challenge Jarasandha, He plainly told Jarasandha that He was the eternal Krsna, present along with two of the Pandavas
- When you are initiated, you promise "No illicit sex, no intoxication, no meat-eating, no gambling." And if you do privately all these things, then what kind of man you are? Don't be cheater. Be plain