Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
patient | patients | patient's
- this category is for the word patient as in someone who is sick and not patient meaning when someone is being patient
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Patient"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- A patient is ordered by the physician: "You should not eat anything." So he knows, "It is good for me." Similarly, a devotee, when he's starving, he knows that "Krsna has put me in this starving condition. It is good for me." He never complains
- A patient who is suffering from a disorder of the bowels due to overindulgence in milk products is cured by another milk product, namely curds
- A patient who is suffering from a disorder of the bowels due to overindulgence in milk products is cured by another milk product, namely curds. The materially absorbed conditioned soul can be cured by Krsna consciousness as set forth here in the Gita
- A surgical operation is not meant to kill the patient, but to cure him. Therefore the fighting to be executed by Arjuna at the instruction of Krsna is with full knowledge, so there is no possibility of sinful reaction
- Although Lord Balarama patiently heard their insulting words and simply observed their uncivil behavior, from His appearance it was clear that He was burning with anger and was thinking of retaliating with great vengeance
- An expert physician treats his patient with a therapeutic diet. For example, milk preparations sometimes cause disorder of the bowels, but the very same milk converted into curd and mixed with some other remedial ingredients cures such disorders
- At the time of death both patient and physician still think of prolonging life, although all the constituents of the body are practically dead and gone
- He (a devotee) is always calm, quiet and patient, despite many distressful conditions. A devotee is also always kind to everyone, even to his enemy
- Hearing of the transcendental activities of Lord Krsna is therefore expert treatment for the mad mind, and eating the foodstuff offered to Krsna is the appropriate diet for the suffering patient
- Ideal diet for the spiritual patient
- If the so-called scientific physician is able to prolong one's life for a few minutes through the use of oxygen or other medicines, he thinks that he is very successful in his attempts, although ultimately the patient will die
- In America, they have got hospital for curing alcoholic habit of the priest. Five thousand patients. So he's alcoholic and he's in the priestly dress. This is going on
- In the beginning there was no response, but because we continued to execute our devotional activities with patience, people gradually began to understand the importance of this movement, and now they are eagerly participating
- In the present age there are so many TB patients and TB hospitals, but formerly this was not so because the time was not so unfavorable
- It is just like a lunatic asylum: The patients are running around madly and when the doctor tries to give them treatment, they insist that they are not crazy. Sometimes the patient even strikes the doctor. So our task is like that
- One cannot dictate to the spiritual master, just as a patient cannot demand that his physician prescribe a certain type of medicine
- One who patiently follows the regulative principles of devotional service, the time will undoubtedly come when he will achieve the desired result, just as the females reap results by becoming pregnant
- Radharani continued, "I say, 'My dear friends, you are asking Me to be patient, saying that Krsna is an ocean of mercy and that some time in the future He will accept Me. However, I must say that this will not console Me"'
- Radharani continued, "Nor can they understand the unhappiness within Me. They simply try to console Me repeatedly, saying, 'Dear friend, be patient'"
- The devotee should patiently follow the rules and regulations of devotional service so that the day will come when he will achieve, all of a sudden, all the perfection of devotional service. He should not lament for any loss or any reverse
- The expert physician does not make any compromise with the patient by allowing him to take partially what he should not at all take
- The expert physician gives you yogurt mixed with some medicine. Actually medicine is just to bluff the patient. Actually the yogurt will act
- The faint illumination of knowledge that appears at first is certain to lead to full enlightenment, but we have to be patient. We must carefully avoid letting pride enter our hearts because of some initial perceptions of the inconceivable Absolute
- The gopis said, "Although the father and mother are expected to protect the children, there are many children who are suffering for want of food and shelter. There are many good physicians, but when a patient dies, no physician can revive him"
- The messenger carried the words of Lord Krsna to his master, Paundraka, who patiently heard all these insults
- The real remedy for this disease (atheism) lies in partaking of the remnants of offerings made to Godhead; this is the ideal diet for the spiritual patient. And the medicines include hearing and chanting and remembering the glories of Godhead
- The urine of a cow is salty, and according to Ayur-vedic medicine the cow's urine is very effective in treating patients suffering from liver trouble
- The yoga practitioner should be determined and should patiently prosecute the practice without deviation
- There are six principles favorable to the execution of pure devotional service - (1) being enthusiastic, (2) endeavoring with confidence, (3) being patient, (4) acting according to regulative principles
- These activities must be executed with patience. One should not be impatient in Krsna consciousness. Indeed, this Krsna consciousness movement was started single-handedly
- They all exchanged words of reception by asking one another about their welfare, and when such formalities were finished, Balarama, in a great voice and very patiently, submitted before them (the Kurus) the following words for their consideration
- This example of Maharaja Pariksit's behavior, his remaining patient even at the last point of his life, his undisturbed condition of mind, is an example of reservation
- To gratify the senses of the diseased fellow is not the business of a real physician. A good, qualified physician cannot indulge the patient by merely satisfying him, but must prescribe the real medicine, whether it satisfy the senses or not
- We kill all animals, and the hospital patient is given the meat for improvement of the health. But he does not know that this is not curing; he is become implicated in his karma
- When by good fortune one comes in contact with a pure devotee and hears from him patiently, one begins to follow the path of devotional service. Such an opportunity is offered to a person who is sincere