Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
passage | passages
Pages in category "Passage"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- I got a free passage through some Indian steam navigation company. So I came by ship. So when I was on the ship at Boston port I was thinking that "I have come here. I do not know what is the purpose, because how the people will accept this movement?
- If one is so hungry that he could devour one pound of foodstuffs, then instead he should consume only half a pound and supplement this with four ounces of water; one fourth of the stomach should be left empty for passage of air in the stomach
- If we inquire, "Wherefrom this chunk comes?" that they cannot answer. Therefore the so-called scientific knowledge always remains in doubt. Darwin's theory... There are so many passages: "It may be, perhaps"
- If you allow free passage for some of my American disciples they can come to India and take training from me at Vrindaban
- In a similar passage in Narada-pancaratra it is stated, "My dear Lord, I do not wish any perfectional stage by performing the ritualistic religious ceremonies or by economic development or by sense gratification or liberation"
- In his book known as Caitanya-mangala (Caitanya-bhagavata), Vrndavana dasa Thakura has elaborately described the Lord's passage to Jagannatha Puri
- In that furious feature, the river gave passage to Vasudeva to cross, just as the great Indian Ocean gave a path to Lord Rama when He was bridging over the gulf
- In the intestine of the mother the umbilical cord, which is known as apyayani, joins the mother to the abdomen of the child, and through this passage the child within the womb accepts the mother's assimilated foodstuff
- In this same prayer, there is another passage in which it is said, "My dear Lord Damodara, once when You were playing as a naughty boy in the house of Nanda Maharaj"
- In Vedic literature there are some difficult passages, but the meaning or the purpose should be learned from a bona fide spiritual master. That is the process for understanding the Vedas
- It is understood from this passage (from Srimad Bhagavatam) that all the other planets that are floating in the air have oceans and mountains similar to those on this planet
- The gopis said, "Without Him (Krsna) we cannot live for a moment." The gopis thus decided to obstruct the passage through which the chariot of Krsna was supposed to pass
- The nerves through which inhalation and exhalation are conducted are technically called ida and pingala. The ultimate purpose of clearing the ida and pingala passages is to divert the mind from material enjoyment
- The real purpose of controlling the mind by the prescribed method of clearing the passage of the life air is achieved immediately if one fixes his mind directly on the lotus feet of Krsna
- The yogi should clear the passage of vital air by breathing in the following manner: first he should inhale very deeply, then hold the breath in, and finally exhale
- Then Srila Advaita Acarya said something to Caitanya Mahaprabhu through gestures and read some poetic passages, which no one understood
- There is a passage in the Hari-vamsa wherein Satyabhama begins to shed tears because of her great affection for Krsna
- They say that the Vedic hymns are the cerebral passage of the Lord, and His jaws of teeth are Yama, god of death, who punishes the sinners
- Three different activities are recommended for clearing the passage of breath: puraka, kumbhaka and recaka. Inhaling the breath is called puraka, sustaining it within is called kumbhaka, and finally exhaling it is called recaka
- We don't want men giving some quotation from a book just like these so-called scholars do. He has not gone through the book, but take some suitable passage and note, and then he advertises himself that he has studied so many book
- We try to drag concocted meanings out of the simple passages of Bhagavad-gita to establish some man-made idea which is never supported by Bhagavad-gita. By such artificial dragging, one cannot ultimately establish his rubbish theory
- You lament that you are not qualified to present Krsna Consciousness properly, but this is the qualification: hold kirtanas with your friends, read passages from my books, distribute prasadam and try to get more people to read the books
- You were ready to bear my passage expenses from India to South America. And as I could not get the No objection certificate I had to postpone the journey. This time there is no such question & the passage expenses to Japan are far less than South America
- Your specific duty is to chant and hear the transcendental Name of the Lord, read some passages from my English version of the Srimad-Bhagavatam and Srimad Bhagavad-gita and explain them as far as possible you have heard from me