Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
nothing | nothing's
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Have Nothing (2 C, 38 P)
- ► Nil (1 C, 24 P)
- ► No Greater Truth than Caitanya (1 P)
- ► None (97 P)
- ► Nothing But (93 P)
- ► Nothing Can (33 P)
- ► Nothing Else (34 P)
- ► Nothing is Equal to Caitanya (1 P)
- ► Nothing is Greater than Caitanya (1 P)
- ► Nothing Material (16 P)
- ► Nothing More (27 P)
- ► Nothing Superior to Krsna (3 P)
- ► Nothing To Do (2 C, 47 P)
- ► Nothingness (3 P)
- ► There Is Nothing (1 C, 73 P)
- ► Void (5 C, 122 P)
- ► Zero (4 C, 41 P)
Pages in category "Nothing"
The following 280 pages are in this category, out of 280 total.
- In the Vedas the definition of God is given, "God has nothing to do"
- Nothing beyond
- Nothing beyond Krsna
- Nothing to aspire for
- Nothing to fear
- Nothing wrong
- They are advertising as scientist, philosopher - false propaganda. They are nothing, all bokas. My Guru Maharaja used to say. In the beginning I could not understand, "Why he says everyone is boka?"
- A devotee is never afraid of death or of changing his body; his consciousness is transformed into Krsna consciousness, and even if he does not go back to Godhead, even if he transmigrates to another material body, he has nothing to fear
- A person in ignorance of the principles of religion who therefore does nothing in the matter of religion is far better than a person who misguides others in the name of religion without reference to the factual religious principles of devotional service
- A student sacrifices his childish proclivities to gain better education. A servant gives up his job for a better job. Similarly, a devotee renounces the material world not for nothing but for something tangible in spiritual value
- A Vaisnava can understand that nothing within this material world, not even that which is powerful, opulent or influential, can endure. At any time such things may be vanquished
- A Vaisnava is also self-sufficient, depending only on Krsna. That is Vaisnava. So he has nothing to lament or nothing to regret
- Actually, everything belongs to God. There is no difficulty to understand. You have not created this ocean. You have not created this land. You have created nothing. You are simply stealing. That is your business
- Actually, nothing in Krishna consciousness is an accident, but sometimes Krishna will put us into a seemingly unfavorable situation just to help us realize that he is the Controller
- Actually, nothing is private property. That is our philosophy. Isavasyam idam sarvam (ISO 1): "Everything belongs to God." That's a fact. Under the influence of maya we are thinking that "This is my property."
- After He had killed the Kesi demon, Krsna returned to tending the cows with His friends in the forest as though nothing had happened
- Akrura replied, "One may make a very great plan with his fertile brain, but he must know that he will be subjected to the fruits, misery and happiness. But I have nothing to say against your proposal"
- Although Kasyapa Muni was eager to fulfill the desire of his wife Diti, when he heard that she wanted a son to kill Indra his jubilation was immediately reduced to nothing because he was averse to the idea
- Although Rsabhadeva had nothing to learn from gurukula, He went there just to teach the people in general how to take an education from the right source, from Vedic teachers
- Although they (devotees) are satisfied in any condition, there is nothing they cannot obtain, because they are purely engaged in the service of the Lord
- Always there will be obstacles placed in our path by the demons and atheists, but if we can remain pure, nothing will be able to stop this great transcendental movement from spreading God consciousness all over the world
- Animal-killers are not even gentlemen, to say nothing of being religious men. A religious person, a devotee of the Lord, must be nonviolent. Such is the nature of a religious person
- Anyone knows that nothing takes place automatically unless one living force adjusts the materials. The house does not come automatically, although the ingredients are there
- Anyway I couldn't see in them nothing but combination of logs and bamboos. There was nothing to impel my Krishna Consciousness. So, if you want to be a great artist in that way, I will pray that Krishna may save you
- Because of her nature, a woman can respond to even a slight offense from her husband by not only leaving him but even killing him if required. To say nothing of her husband, she can even kill her brother. That is a woman's nature
- Because we cannot explain something, we dismiss the whole thing. "There is void, nothing. Void." Because my mind, my intelligence, cannot go so far, we say, "Perhaps, maybe it was like this." So this is all mental speculation
- Beggars always present themselves as possessing nothing, and this may be very good for them because in this way they are assured of not losing their money and of always drawing the attention and compassion of others for the sake of collection
- Bhagavata says, that anyone who is not a devotee, who never chants the Hare Krsna mantra, he may be very great man in the estimation of rascals, but he is nothing but an animal
- Bhakti is activity. Just like personally, up to seventy years, I was practically doing nothing. But at the age of seventy years, by the grace of God, Krsna, there was inspiration; I went to Western country - not to sit down there silently
- Brahma said, "My dear Lord, I have nothing to say about people who advertise that they have already realized God or that by their realization they have themselves become God"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu recommended that what is the actual benefit of this human form of life? To develop our dormant love for God. That is wanted, not to accumulate money. Nothing will go with us
- Coming to his senses, Lord Brahma saw that although he was a very powerful living creature in the estimation of all other living creatures within this material world, his power was nothing in comparison to the power and energy of the S.P. of Godhead
- Concerning the use of sour cream in the temple, it should be stopped immediately. Nothing should be offered to the Deities which is purchased in the stores
- Do not misunderstand that by accepting Krsna consciousness everything will be stopped. No. Nothing will be stopped. Simply one has to change the consciousness
- Does it mean he is very advanced in yogic power because he can fly? You are proposing that. Huh? Nothing is any big achievement. The big achievement is how to become Kṛṣṇa conscious. That is wanted
- Due to unalloyed love and devotion for the Lord, the devotees always see Him within themselves, and the Lord also, although He has nothing to do and nothing to aspire to, is always busy in attending to the welfare of His devotees
- Easiest way to please Krsna... You don't require much money, much education, and nothing of the sort. Simply you require your heart
- Evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh. This is the acarya. Acarya will never interpret things like that. You see Ramanujacarya's comments on Bhagavad-gita. Nothing changed. But in every sloka he has given evidence from the Vedas, from the Upanisads
- Even in our present experience we can know that nothing is generated from inert matter, but inert matter can be generated from the living entity. For instance, by contact with the living entity, the material body develops into a working machine
- Every Vaisnava thinks himself as very insignificant. Actually, every one of us is very insignificant in comparison to the Supreme Lord. What we are? Nothing
- Everyone is afraid of the activities of time, but a devotee who knows that the time factor is another representation or manifestation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead has nothing to fear from the influence of time
- Everything belongs to God; nothing belongs to us. This is Bhagavata communism. As the communists, they say, "Everything belongs to the state," we say "Everything belongs to God"
- First, a devotee is firmly convinced of his spiritual identity. He never identifies with the body; he is firmly convinced that the spirit soul is different from the body. Consequently he fears nothing
- For a great devotee like Kardama Muni, nothing is impossible
- For any living entity who has taken shelter of the holy lotus feet of the Lord, nothing is impossible
- For devotional service is dependent on nothing other than the sentiment or desire for such service. It requires nothing more than sincerity
- For the devotee of the Lord, the highest perfection of the Mayavadis, kaivalya, or becoming one with the Supreme, is considered hellish to say nothing of the karmis' aspiration to be promoted to the heavenly planets
- Give me darsana, and give me your asirvada, and then I enjoy my senses. That's all. Nothing to give you, but you give me your asirvada. You give me the dust of your feet. I become benefited. You starve." But (chuckling) that is not the process
- "Give up all varieties of religiousness, and just surrender unto Me; and in return I shall protect you from all sinful reactions. Therefore, you have nothing to fear." This verse is actually the essence of the whole Bhagavad Gita
- Go and speak what Krsna says. That's all. You have nothing to manufacture, Dr. Frog. (laughs) There is no need of manufacturing. We are very safe because we don't manufacture. We simply repeat, parrotlike, what Krsna has said. That's all
- God is eternal, and His instruction is also eternal. And the followers are also eternal. There is nothing new
- He (Krsna Caitanya) is full in six opulences: wealth, fame, strength, beauty, knowledge and renunciation. In short, we should know that He is Krsna, God, and that nothing is equal to or greater than Him. There is nothing superior to be conceived
- He (Lord Caitanya) said that it does not matter whether the preacher is in the renounced order of life, or a family man, or a brahmana or a sudra - nothing is hampering in the process of preaching Krishna Consciousness
- He further wished to give Krsna in charity his kingdom, his family and his personal self also. After so desiring, when there was nothing to actually give in charity, Maharaj Yudhisthira became very perturbed and anxious
- He was proud to see the beauty of the forest due to the rainy season, which was nothing but the manifestation of His own energy. At such times Krsna would praise nature's special activities during the rainy season
- Here the so-called "good" and "bad," they are all mental creation. Otherwise, everything is bad, nothing good. Here, only goodness is to become Krsna conscious. Otherwise, everything is bad
- His Lordship Siva said to Devi: "In the Kali-yuga, I shall preach the Mayavada philosophy, which is nothing but clouded Buddhism, in the garb of a brahmana"
- How Gopala ate everything while the food remained the same was transcendentally perceived by Madhavendra Puri Gosvami; nothing remains a secret to the devotees of the Lord
- I am not very expert or educated or nothing extraordinary, but only thing is that I believed in his word. You can say that is my qualification. I believed cent percent in his (Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati's) word
- I am so glad to learn that you appreciate my mission in the United States as without any rival. Actually this is a fact, because I am presenting nothing manufactured by me
- I am surprised to know that the actual collection was $1,750 and the doctors and lawyers, etc. have taken more than $1,000. Anyway, something is better than nothing. Whatever we have got will be used for Krishna's service
- I have come with this body given by God, open-handed, without any asset. And I shall pass away from this world leaving this body open-handed. So actually nothing belongs to me. It is simply maya, illusion
- I require the cooperation of the Indian, especially young men, educated men. Come forward. Stay with us. Study Bhagavad-gita. We haven't got anything to manufacture. Nothing to manufacture. And what we can manufacture? We are all imperfect
- I then requested Murari Gupta, Worship Krsna and take shelter of Him. But for His service, nothing appeals to the mind
- I very much appreciate your service. In the kitchen you should please see that nothing is wasted
- I want that New Vrindaban should be completely self-sufficient for this ghee production, not that the Society should have to subsidize New Vrindaban for nothing. No, you make only pure ghee, as much as possible, and ship to all our centers
- I was just writing to our European centers that for so many years they have been there and nothing has been printed in European languages. This is not a very good sign. How can there be preaching without books?
- If a son is an obedient devotee of the Lord he is called putra, or a real son; otherwise, if he is not learned and is not a devotee, a son is nothing better than urine
- If all philanthropic and humanitarian activities were directed toward achieving the ultimate goal of life - to please the Supreme Personality of Godhead - they would all be perfect. Humanitarian work without Krsna is nothing
- If he has got any other desire to fulfill, then it is mixed. It is not suddha-bhakti; it is vaidhi-bhakti. Karma-misra-bhakti, jnana-misra-bhakti, yoga-misra-bhakti. Bhakti must be there. Otherwise, karma, jnana, yoga, nothing is successful
- If it is an important film I think my personal direction is necessary; if not, then I think you can send me a synopsis of the script so that there may be nothing objectionable from the start
- If one is in good association he can develop the mode of goodness, and if in bad association he may develop the mode of darkness or ignorance. Nothing is stereotyped. One can change his habit by good or bad association
- If we understand that everything belongs to God, so that sense will lead me: "No, I am not enjoyer." So my sense gratification, my anger, my lust, all finished at once, at stroke, if I understand that "Nothing belongs to me; everything belongs to God"
- If you becoming a servant of dog, your everything is supplied by somebody, but do you think that becoming servant of God, nothing will be supplied to you?
- If your presence improves the situation, I have no objection for your quitting your present job. Nothing should be done impelled by any sentiment
- In almost all cases, whatever learned brahmanas speak becomes accepted; nothing is impossible for one who takes shelter of My illusory energy and speaks under her influence
- In the Krsna consciousness nothing has to be eradicated. Everything has to be purified. This is the Krsna consciousness process
- In the material world there are inanimate objects that are not conscious, but in the spiritual world nothing is inanimate. There a table is conscious, the land is conscious, the trees are conscious - everything is conscious
- In the Vedic injunctions we find that the Supreme Soul, or the root cause of everything, has to be searched out because nothing exists independently of the Supreme Soul. Therefore the material manifestation is also a transformation of His potency
- In this dual, the world of duality, here, in this material world, the, "This thing is very good, this thing is very bad," it is simply mental concoction. Everything here is bad. Nothing good. So this is our mental creation only
- In this material world, nothing should be accepted for one's sense gratification: everything should be accepted for the service of the Lord. This is the mentality of the spiritual world
- In this way, Jarasandha, the King of Magadha Province, having lost all his strength and having been insulted by his arrest and subsequent release, could do nothing but return to his kingdom. Thus Lord Krsna conquered the soldiers of Jarasandha
- In your country, the Deity should not go without shirt. Gaura-Nitai may wear turbans. Nothing should be offered to Krishna unless it is prepared by the devotees themselves
- Indra said, "For persons who are engaged in the transcendental loving service of Your Lordship, all the opulences which were taken away from us by the demons are counted as nothing"
- Instead of serving the senses, if you serve the Lord of the senses, then you are in natural condition, and that is called bhagavata-dharma. So bhagavata-dharma is nothing unnatural, or Krsna consciousness is nothing unnatural. It is very natural
- It does not depend that what family, what heritage, what country, what nation, what color, what education. No, nothing. Simply one has to become willing devotee of Krsna
- It is best to keep faith in Sukadeva Goswami, because actually our only business is to go back to home, back to Godhead. So whether Sukadeva Goswami or the modern scientists are right or wrong, it is nothing interesting to us
- It is by the grace of Lord Krsna on account of your sincere service unto Him that you have got a very nice place for our propaganda center. I understand that the house is purchased by you, but you have mentioned nothing about it
- It is correct that the brahma-jyotir is comprised of spiritual souls and that ultimately nothing is impersonal. Dead matter means forgetfulness of Krsna
- It is good news that you have come to your senses that nothing should be done by contractor. Everything should be done by ourselves. Mr. Saraf is experienced, so take his help. So go on raising funds, constructing, and send me the plans
- It is not that the previous acaryas and others, they did not know what is airplane, what is speed, how to run. Don't think foolishly, as if they have manufactured. It is nothing, not even third-, not even fourth-class, tenth-class
- Kaliya said, "O killer of the Mura demon, I have acquired many mystic powers by my austerity and penances, but before You I am nothing, I am most insignificant. Therefore, please be kind upon a poor soul like me, and don't be angry with me"
- Karmis hanker to be promoted to the heavenly planets, but a Krsna conscious person considers such promotion a will-o'-the-wisp, good for nothing
- Krsna continued, "Here also I am not the proprietor of anything, but am always penniless. There is no cause to lament for such a penniless condition; I possessed nothing in the past, so why should I lament that I do not possess anything at present"
- Krsna continued, "In comparison to Sisupala, with his personal qualities, I am nothing. And you (Rukmini) may personally realize it. I am surprised that you rejected the marriage with Sisupala and accepted Me, who am inferior in comparison to Sisupala"
- Krsna continued, "You (Rukmini) mistakenly heard about My having very exalted character, although factually I was nothing more than a beggar. Without seeing Me and My actual position, simply by hearing about Me, you selected Me as your husband"
- Krsna has nothing to learn from anyone. He is independently full of all knowledge
- Krsna persisted, "Even for those who are not so liberal, nothing should be kept secret from the family members and friends, although secrecy may be maintained for persons who are inimical. Therefore you cannot keep any secrets from Me"
- Krsna said, "My dear gopi friends, you may know from Me that it is My energies only which are acting everywhere. Take, for example, an earthen pot. It is nothing but a combination of earth, water, air, fire and sky"
- Krsna says, "Those who are simply attached to Me by loving service. These devotees have everything at their disposal, but they desire nothing outside of My devotional service"
- Krsna sometimes kisses the gopis; therefore the transcendental nectar of His lips is available only to them. They asked, "How is it possible that the flute, which is nothing but a bamboo rod, is always engaged in enjoying the nectar from Krsna's lips?"
- Krsna, the unborn Supreme Personality of Godhead, master of all masters of mystic power, delivers all living entities, moving and nonmoving. Nothing is astonishing in the activities of the Lord
- Kurus said, "When the time for dissolution comes, You (Balarama) close up the whole cosmic manifestation within Yourself. At that time, nothing remains but Yourself lying in the Causal Ocean as Maha-Visnu"
- Material advancement may be very pleasing to an ordinary man, but ultimately he is defeated because he identifies himself with the material body and considers everything related to it to be his property. This is ignorance. Actually nothing belongs to him
- Milk changes into yogurt when mixed with a yogurt culture, but actually it is constitutionally nothing but milk. Similarly, Govinda, the S P of Godhead, assumes the form of Lord Siva (Sambhu) for the special purpose of material transactions
- Milk is transformed into yogurt when it associates with a yogurt culture. Thus yogurt is nothing but milk, but still it is not milk
- Modern so-called scientists and other materialists are very satisfied because they can construct great bridges, roads and machines, but such activities are nothing comparable to those of Maharaja Priyavrata
- Molasses fermented with sulphuric acid and then distilled. That is called spirit, or liquor. So thing is, nothing is bad, but because if a thing creates bad effects, then it is bad
- Mucukunda continued, "My dear Lord, I am not an exception to this universal law of material nature. I am also a foolish person who has wasted his time for nothing. And my position is especially difficult"
- My students, they offer me so much respect, but all these respects are due to my spiritual master. I am nothing. I am just like peon. Just like peon delivers one letter. He is not responsible for what is written in that letter
- Nature has given a body that..., just like a tailor can give me a set of dress, but the dress, when I put on, the dress looks like a man, with hands and legs. But dress is nothing; it is simply outward covering of a man, a living entity
- Not that sitting one place doing nothing and become Krsna conscious. Then there will be fall down. Don't imitate Haridasa Thakura. That is not possible. You must work
- Nothing belongs to me. Isavasyam idam sarvam, everything belongs to Krsna. Therefore our movement is for awakening this Krsna consciousness. We should know that everything belongs to Krsna
- Nothing belongs to you. Everything belongs to God. Everyone has got right to live on God's property. This is Krsna consciousness
- Nothing comes out automatically. It is coming out of the energy of the Supreme Lord, but the energies are so subtle, nice and artistic that all of a sudden you see a nice flower. So He is the greatest artist
- Nothing exists without Him (the Supreme Personality of Godhead), and therefore everything, however wonderful it may appear to our meager knowledge, is but the work of the magical wand of the Supreme Lord
- Nothing is absolute truth in this dual world. You did not know this, neither you ever cared to know this from the right sources and therefore all your attempts to create unity were followed by disunity and Ahimsa. Ahimsa was followed by Himsa
- Nothing is absolutely equal with the Absolute Truth, but at the same time, nothing is independent of the Absolute Truth
- Nothing is apart from the substance, but at the same time the energies are different from the substance. This conception is not contradictory. Srimad-Bhagavatam explicitly promulgates this simultaneously-one-and-different philosophy of the Vedanta-sutra
- Nothing is bad provided it is meant for Krsna's satisfaction. Atah pumbhir dvija-srestha varnasrama-vibhagasah. The varnasrama-vibhaga must be there
- Nothing is false
- Nothing is impossible for the Supreme Lord, but all His actions are wonderful for us, and thus He is always beyond the range of our conceivable limits
- Nothing is possible without tapasya. Lord Brahma, however, was empowered to create this entire universe because of his austerities. The more we engage in austerities, the more we become powerful by the grace of the Lord
- Nothing is purer than Her love. But its behavior is always perverse and crooked
- Nothing is unobtainable for devotees who have satisfied the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the cause of all causes, the original source of everything
- Nothing real is in this material world
- Nothing should be accepted blindly; everything should be accepted with care and with caution
- Nothing should be accepted blindly; everything should be accepted with care and with caution. Ksama, tolerance and forgiveness, should be practiced; one should be tolerant and excuse the minor offenses of others
- Nothing should be done impelled by any sentiment
- Nothing should be performed for sense gratification, but everything should be done for the satisfaction of Krsna. This practice will not only save one from the reaction of work, but also gradually elevate one to transcendental loving service of the Lord
- Nothing to impel my Krishna Consciousness
- Nothing worth obtaining from religiousness
- Oh, again, "heard it from devotee." (laughter) That is very dangerous. What Caitanya's movement has got with politics? Nothing. They drag Caitanya's movement, that. Many rascals do that. It has nothing to do with politics. It is simply spiritual
- On the conclusion of the All Religious Conference held at Bombay very recently, I may submit that nothing practical has come out of it for uniting the different faiths of the world
- One who always hears and chants about the transcendental pastimes of the Lord is always situated on a platform on which he has nothing to ask in terms of material benefits
- Our Krsna consciousness is so nice, the more you advance, you see new year, new year. That's all. Nothing is old. People are seeing that they are simply chanting the old slogan, Hare Krsna
- Our point is that this Krsna consciousness movement is nothing like manufactured religious principle. No. It is authorized
- Our preaching must be based upon the subject matter from books and nothing outside of them
- Our so much so-called knowledge is nothing in comparison to Krishna's full knowledge. That is admitted by Brahma there in that verse, that people may say they know You very well, but so far I am concerned, I admit I do not know even a farthing of You!
- Our students do not even smoke, do not drink tea coffee nothing. They do not go to cinema, no club, no restaurant
- Out of their great affection for Krsna, and being unaware of the extent of His potencies, they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) became overwhelmed with grief and anxiety because they had nothing dearer than Krsna
- People in general, under the leadership of such materialistic men, are gradually descending to the status of lower animals, devoid of all transcendental realization, knowing nothing beyond their material bodies and the material world
- Philadelphia temple has improved nicely under your supervision. So for the time being continue to develop it nicely. Nothing should be done hastily or haphazardly
- Prabodhananda Sarasvati said, visvam purna-sukhayate: when one becomes Krsna conscious by the mercy of Lord Caitanya, for him the entire world appears happy, and he has nothing for which to hanker
- Process of eating or your process of securing ingredients for eating, or your cooking, nothing is stopped. Only, only thing is required that instead of cooking for yourself for the satisfaction of your tongue, you please cook it for satisfaction of Krsna
- Pure devotees are not desirous of any material enjoyment, nor are they averse to it. They completely dovetail their desires with the desires of the Lord & perform nothing on their personal account
- Pure devotees are not desirous of any material enjoyment, nor are they averse to it. They completely dovetail their desires with the desires of the Lord and perform nothing on their personal account. Arjuna is a good example
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "Krsna is always served very faithfully by the goddess of fortune. In comparison with her, we are most insignificant. Indeed, we are nothing. Yet although He is very cunning, Krsna is also very charitable"
- Ramananda Raya replied, "My Lord, You are the supreme independent personality. You have nothing to fear from anyone because You are not dependent on anyone"
- Ramananda Roy has explained that there is nothing so glorious or worth of fame in this world for a person who knows the true value of life other than to be famed as a devotee of Krsna
- Regarding my diary, you are right when you say that you would not see my personal belongings, that is a nice attitude, but still I have nothing to close from the eyes of my disciples
- Regarding parampara system: there is nothing to wonder for big gaps
- Regarding your separating from Nandarani, nothing should be done artificially. Nandarani is not different from you. She also seeks Krsna consciousness. Your household life is not repugnant; it is favorable
- Regarding your situation, it is nothing new for Westerners. This is a family matter. It is better to consult Bali Mardan how to manage your personal affairs. He is a grhastha, so you can speak with him
- Ruci means taste. Why you are hearing about Krsna daily, the same thing? We are speaking nothing new. "Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and you have to surrender." This is our daily business
- Rukmini continued, "In the material world, no one can be rich without possessing. Since Your Lordship is absolute, You (Krsna) can adjust the contradiction of possessing nothing but at the same time being the richest"
- Rukmini continued, "My dear Lord, You have stated that persons who possess nothing are very dear to You; renouncing everything, Your devotee wants to possess You only"
- Rukmini was so elated by the brahmana's message that she wanted to give him in charity everything she possessed. However, finding nothing suitable for presentation, she simply offered him her respectful obeisances
- Sankaracarya says, narayanah paro 'vyaktat. "Narayana is transcendental, beyond this cosmic creation." In this way, nothing within this cosmic manifestation is separate from Krsna, although Krsna’s original form is not visible in everything
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya became very much astonished upon hearing this. He became stunned and said nothing
- Sati wanted to impress upon her husband (Lord Siva) that even those who were not related to her father (Daksa) were also going, to say nothing of herself, who was intimately related with him
- She worshiped the tulasi plant, following in the footsteps of her spiritual master. Instead of eating regularly, she chewed whatever food she received as alms, and if nothing was supplied she would fast
- Similarly, the dictaphone or any other machine must be used. Our vision is that Krsna is everything. Krsna is the cause and effect, and nothing belongs to us. Krsna's things must be used in the service of Krsna. That is our vision
- Since the devotees in the material world know almost nothing about these (free loving affairs) affairs, the Lord desires to show these affairs to them
- So far your question regarding women, I have always accepted the service of women without any discrimination, so I have no objection if Yamuna devi contributes her ideas on this construction project. Nothing should be done without group consultation
- So that your husband is against Krishna is nothing astonishing, it is quite normal. So if you like you can leave him, and move into the temple of your choice
- Some called Lord Krsna an incarnation of Lord Ksirodakasayi. All these names are true; nothing is impossible
- Some of the asuras, or demons, such as Ravana and Hiranyakasipu, also underwent a severe process of austerity and penance, but they obtained nothing except some temporary objects of sensory pleasure
- Some of the asuras, or demons, such as Ravana and Hiranyakasipu, underwent a severe process of austerity and penance, but they obtained nothing except some temporary objects of sensory pleasure
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "To say nothing of ten days, as long as I live I shall find it impossible to give up your company"
- Su means "very nice," and darsana means "observation"; by the grace of Lord Krsna’s disc, Sudarsana, everything can be seen very nicely, and nothing can remain in darkness
- Sukadeva Gosvami was a perfect yogi, nothing was hidden from his power of insight. A perfect yogi like Sukadeva Gosvami can see past, present and future in all details. Therefore, from such yogis or mystics nothing can be concealed
- That is the civilization. Nothing has to be stopped; everything can go on. For bodily comforts we are very much busy; that's nice. But if you increase the bodily comforts, there is no limit. That should not be the purpose of life
- The anatomy of a material body must have a mechanical construction with veins and so forth, but the transcendental body of the Supreme Lord has nothing like veins
- The appearance and disappearance of the body have nothing to do with the living entity, just as the waxing and waning of the moon have nothing to do with the moon
- The best thing is that so long this material body is there, you have got the opportunity to develop your Krsna consciousness, do that. That will save you from all dangers. Otherwise, nothing will save you
- The body is a manifestation of a combination of matter. In the beginning it was nothing, but by a combination of matter it has come into existence. Then again, when the combination is dismantled, the body will no longer exist
- The brahmana then began to think that if the people didn't directly see the Gopala Deity, they would not believe that He had arrived. "But even if Gopala stays here," he thought, "there is still nothing to fear"
- The cashier may count millions of dollars for his employer, but he does not claim a cent for himself. Similarly, one has to realize that nothing in the world belongs to any individual person, but that everything belongs to the Supreme Lord
- The charioteer of Pradyumna replied, "My dear sir, I wish a long life for you. I think that I did nothing wrong, for it is the duty of the charioteer to help the fighter in the chariot when he is in a precarious condition"
- The cosmic manifestation is nothing but a display of Krsna's energy, and because the energy is not different from the energetic, nothing is different from Krsna. When this absolute consciousness, KC, is absent, we are separated from Krsna
- The difference between karma-yogi and karmi means he has to suffer the result, good or bad, and karma-yogi has nothing to suffer because he's doing everything for Krsna
- The Earth personified continued, "Yet since You (Krsna) are transcendentally situated, nothing material can be identified with Your personality"
- The gopis are not educated girls, up-to-date fashion, (indistinct) or nothing. Crude. As soon as there was blowing of the flute, immediately they began to run towards Krsna
- The gopis said, "You can be certain that both of Them sat together here." Krsna is self-sufficient: He has nothing to enjoy from any other source
- The gopis wanted nothing at all but to gratify the senses of the Lord, and there is no instance of this in the material world
- The grievances of family life are always the same everywhere. There is nothing new in your case. I am very glad you have taken shelter there at our Detroit temple. You can remain there without any hesitation and learn how to become a devotee
- "The Hare Krsna people must be taxed three times because they are chanting and doing nothing." The Communist government will do that. So never mind. The tax will be sent by Krsna
- The household children are taken to practice what the parents practice, and therefore the whole generation glides towards hell. Nothing good can be expected from them unless they associate with sadhus
- The King (Yudhisthira) was thinking, "Prahlada Maharaj is actually a devotee of the Lord, while I am nothing"
- The Lord has no past, present and future because He is unhampered by the influence of eternal time and thus nothing is hidden from Him
- The material world is an impediment for the ordinary living entities because they are under its control, but Krsna, being the controller of the material world, has nothing to do with the impediments it offers
- The modern scientists who are trying to travel in space are having difficulty going even to the nearest planet, the moon, to say nothing of the highest planets within the universe
- The Nagapatnis said, "In the matter of creating this cosmic manifestation, personally You (Krsna) have nothing to exert; by expanding Your different kinds of energy - namely the modes of passion, goodness & ignorance - You create, maintain & annihilate"
- The other gopi continued, "He (Krsna) has no business either with us, the girls in the Vrndavana forest, or with the city girls in Mathura. He is the great Supersoul; He has nothing to do with any of us, either here or there"
- The Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, advises us to become spiritually inclined, to become transcendentalists. Then only can we understand that we are nothing whatsoever of this material world, that we are eternal, spiritual living entities
- The sacred thread on the body of a brahmana, ksatriya or vaisya is a symbol of initiation by the spiritual master; it is worth nothing if worn merely to boast of high parentage
- The self does nothing
- The so-called silence of a silent impersonalist svami indicates that he has nothing to say; he simply wants to beg. But the silence adopted by Kardama Muni was not like that. He became silent for relief from nonsensical talk
- The supposed followers of the Vedas say that there is nothing beyond the Vedic ceremonies. Indeed, there is a group of men in India who are very fond of the Vedic rituals, not understanding the meaning of these rituals
- The sweetness of Krsna's beauty enjoyed by the gopis is unparalleled. Nothing is equal to or greater than such ecstatic sweetness
- The ultimate goal of their perfect desire was attained, and they were so joyous that they had nothing further to desire. This is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita: if one attains the Supreme Personality of Godhead, then he has no desire for anything
- The Vedic scriptures are nothing but the injunctions of Lord Krsna. The purpose of the study of all the Vedas is to know Krsna; therefore, the words of Krsna and the message of His pastimes are always purifying
- The Vedic version that the whole cosmic creation is nothing but Brahman means that since everything is emanating from the Supreme Brahman, nothing is apart from Him
- The vibration of His flute attracts even the goddesses of fortune in the Vaikuntha planets, to say nothing of the poor damsels of Vrndavana
- The word 'brahma' indicates the summum bonum, the Absolute Truth, which is greater than all other truths. It is the original identity, and there can be nothing equal to that Absolute Truth
- The word love can be actually applied only in relationship with the Personality of Godhead. In the material world, love is not applicable at all. What goes on under the name of love in the material world is nothing but lust
- There is another machine (like radio machine) which can give you information of the Goloka Vrndavana. That machine is nothing manufactured by the material scientists. But there is a machine. What is that machine? That machine is this guru-parampara
- There is certainly nothing greater than Srimati Radharani's love. But Her love is devoid of pride. That is the sign of its greatness
- There is nothing extraneous, nor is there anything needed. This manifestation has its own time fixed by the energy of the supreme whole, and when its time is complete, these temporary manifestations will be annihilated
- There is nothing good in the material world. In the spiritual field everything is absolutely good. There is no inebriety in the spiritual varieties
- There is nothing, artificiality. So there is no question of sectarianism, that "In this temple the Christians will come" or "The Muhammadans will not come." Anyone. Because we are teaching what? Teaching love of Godhead
- There was a great devotee of Lord Caitanya known as Kholaveca Sridhara, who was a very poor man. He was doing a small business selling cups made from the leaves of plantain trees, and his income was almost nothing
- There was nothing Sati could not achieve either from her relationship with her father or from her relationship with the greatest of the demigods, but still, for some reason, she was dissatisfied
- There was nothing wrong in the acts of the Kumaras when they refused their great father's request that they become family men
- Therefore I see that I will get nothing auspicious by staying here. Kindly give me orders allowing me to return to Vrndavana after the Ratha-yatra festival
- These boys and girls have understood what is austerity and the difference between spirit and matter, that is the highest knowledge of existence. Because they are engaged in serving Krsna in this way, you have nothing further to worry
- They do not know what is liberation, what is transmigration of the soul, what is soul - nothing. Simply rascals, and they are leading the whole people. They do not know what is liberation. The Darwin's theory, bodily concept of life
- They say, "Swamiji, you have done wonderful." I have done nothing wonderful. It is Krsna's business. Without Krsna's strength, nobody can spread
- This is Murari Mahiti, the brother of Sikhi Mahiti. He has nothing other than Your lotus feet
- This is the idea. Krsna is not sectarian. Krsna is not Hindu; Krsna is not Indian; Krsna is not African. Krsna is nothing of this material world. He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, transcendental
- This knowledge one must have. Then he'll be cheerful in all cases and he'll be interested simply in Krsna consciousness. There is nothing to be lamented for the body, either alive or dead
- This Krsna consciousness movement is very important. To educate people. Because foolishly they are claiming God's property his property. Nothing belongs to us. Even this body does not belong to us
- This same person son of Satyabhama's nurse said, "Lord Baladeva may be a great enemy of Pralambasura, but I have nothing to worry about from Him. And as far as Pradyumna is concerned, I have nothing to take from him, because he is simply a boy"
- This was intolerable for Damodara Pandita. He became greatly unhappy, but there was nothing he could say, for the boy would ignore his restrictions
- Those who are really conversant with this knowledge can utilize everything for the service of the Lord because nothing in this material world is unconnected with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Thus the devotee can understand that since nothing is independent of Krsna's energy, everything should be dovetailed in His service
- To say nothing of Anantadeva, even Lord Krsna Himself cannot find an end to His own transcendental qualities. Indeed, He Himself is always eager to know them
- To say nothing of Lord Brahma, even Lord Ananta, who has thousands of heads, cannot reach the end of the Lord's transcendental qualities, even though He is continuously chanting their praises
- To say nothing of Lord Narayana personally, Lord Krsna Himself appeared as Narayana just to play a joke on the gopis
- To say nothing of one universal mustard seed, even if all the universes and the material energy (maya) are destroyed, Krsna does not even consider the loss
- To say nothing of the spiritual advancement of persons who see the Supreme Person face to face, even a person born in a family of dog-eaters becomes immediately eligible to perform Vedic sacrifices if he once utters the holy name of the S P of Godhead
- To say nothing of touching mother Sita, a person with material senses cannot even see her. When Ravana kidnapped her, he kidnapped only her material, illusory form
- To say nothing of you, even a dog living in your village is very dear to Me. What, then, to speak of others
- Uddhava continued reading Krsna's message, "'Nothing is separate from Me; the whole cosmic manifestation is resting on Me & is not separate from Me. Before the creation, I was existing'"
- Unfortunately, when modern scientists try to explore other planets they see nothing but rocks and sand
- Unless one is favored by a pure devotee, one cannot attain the platform of devotional service. To say nothing of krsna-bhakti, one cannot even be relieved from the bondage of material existence
- Upon hearing the verse recited by the King, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "You have given Me invaluable gems, but I have nothing to give you in return. Therefore I am simply embracing you"
- Vaisnava is always sorry for the rascals in the world. Otherwise, he has nothing to be unhappy. He can sit down anywhere; he can sleep anywhere; he can eat anything. He doesn't require anyone's help
- Vidura was successful in approaching such a spiritual master like Maitreya, and he got the ultimate goal of life: bhakti unto Govinda. Thus there was nothing to be known further about spiritual progress
- Vrndavana is not meant for making a solution of the economic condition. One who has no, nothing to eat outside, they should come and beg capati and roti from door to door
- War is not always bad. Nothing is bad, nothing is good, unless it is used for God. That's it. Our philosophy is everything is good. God is all-good. So if He advises to fight, that is also good
- We are not very much amazed of hearing millions and trillions. It is nothing. In our historical reference is billions and trillions of years. They are nothing
- We are thinking, "I shall be happy in this way. I shall be happy in this..." Nothing. You shall never be happy - this is perfect instruction - unless you go back to home, back to Godhead
- We don't hate hippies. We have nothing... But these people misunderstand. That is... That is another thing. We welcome everyone. We have no such distinction
- We don't want any political independence, social reformation, or humanitarian benefit, nothing; we simply request people, "Please chant Hare Krsna and come with us," that's all
- We have already come to know that the influence of the age of Kali is meant for godless so-called civilized man; those who are under the protection of the Lord have nothing to fear from this horrible age
- We have no experience. Kalpa-vrksa, there is in the higher planetary system and especially in the Vaikuntha world. There are, trees are kalpa-vrksa, because everything is spiritual; nothing is dead
- We have to go to guru and surrender there. Without surrendering, you cannot learn anything. If you want to challenge guru, it is not possible. Then you'll learn nothing
- We should always be careful that we are serving Krishna, and we shall do nothing which may displease Him. Then our life is successful
- Well, the hippies, they are nonsense. What is the value of their anything? They have no value. They are crazy, mad fellows. That's all. There is no philosophy, nothing of the sort
- What we are presenting, that is nothing manufactured by concoction of the brain. No. It is all authorized, all authorized
- What we are? Nothing. But if we establish our loving relationship, which is already there, then we will become the greatest
- Whatever I have done, I have given my will and purpose of honor; you try and maintain it. Otherwise I have no desire - nothing. I have no such sentiment, "This is my country, this is my…"
- Whatever is required by you and your family to live nicely in Krishna Consciousness, that much you should accept. Do not take more than what you actually need. And you should give what ever you can to the temple as donation. Nothing is compulsory
- Whatever money we are getting it is from Krishna, so nothing should be misspent
- When a person comes to the platform of Krsna consciousness, his real intelligence acts. At that time he knows that everything belongs to Krsna and nothing belongs to him
- When everything is employed in the service of the Lord, we can experience that there is nothing except the Supreme Brahman. The Vedic mantra that "everything is Brahman" is thus realized by us
- When Lord Krsna, in friendly terms and sweet language, impressed Akrura about the real fact and Akrura understood that nothing could be concealed from the knowledge of Sri Krsna
- When one is actually situated on the transcendental platform, he has nothing for which to lament and nothing for which to hanker
- When the cause of all causes becomes known, then everything knowable becomes known, and nothing remains unknown
- When we see wonderful things happening in the cosmic nature, we should know that behind this cosmic manifestation there is a controller. Nothing could be manifested without being controlled
- Whether one desires everything or nothing, or whether he desires to merge into the existence of the Lord, he is intelligent only if he worships Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, by rendering transcendental loving service
- Whether Sukadeva Goswami or the modern scientists are right or wrong, it is nothing interesting to us. We want to go back to home, back to Godhead
- While the impersonalist wrongly concludes that he is the Lord himself, the personalist, out of a great gratitude, worships the Lord in devotional service, knowing perfectly well that nothing is different from the Lord
- With great love and affection, the maha-bhagavata observes the Supreme Personality of Godhead, devotional service and the devotee. He observes nothing beyond Krsna, Krsna consciousness and Krsna's devotees
- Within the material world, there is nothing inconceivable
- You are right when you say that the movement will come to nothing if I am not satisfied with your actions
- You cannot practice sacrifice. You cannot practice speculation. You cannot practice yoga, nothing. You can simply practice this: submissively hear from authoritative sources, try to assimilate it, and become perfect
- You must execute the duties. Just like we have asked our students to finish sixteen rounds chanting minimum. Sixteen rounds is nothing. In Vrndavana there are many devotees, they chant 120 rounds. Like that. So sixteen rounds is the minimum
- You must take with You a loincloth, external clothes and a waterpot. You should take nothing more than this
- You should be fully conscious, that "Everything belongs to Krsna and nothing to us." Then Krsna becomes your suhrt. He takes charge
- You were to ship the cases of books and musical instruments on the 11th of January, 1968, but I have heard nothing from you until now. Kindly enlighten me on this matter immediately as I am anxious to know this matter
- You'll find in our temple, we are cooking so many nice preparations. Perhaps you have tasted some of them. But we are not preparing tea or coffee or meat - nothing. These are anarthas. What is the necessity?
- Yudhisthira said, "As far as the Pandavas are concerned, we have nothing to ask from the demigods. We are personally fully satisfied to be Your (Krsna's) devotees"