Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
nephew | nephews | nephew's
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna As a Nephew (2 P)
Pages in category "Nephew"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- Actually, the kingdom belonged to Bhisma, but he remained a brahmacari, he did not marry. There was no issue of Bhismadeva. Therefore his nephews, Dhrtarastra and Pandu, they were inheritor
- After finishing the ritualistic funeral ceremonies of his brother, Hiranyakasipu began speaking to his nephews, quoting from the sastras about the truth of life
- Akrura hinted that although Dhrtarastra was ill-treating his nephews, the Pandavas, they happened to be his subjects
- He was playing the part of her nephew. Such an enlightened lady could not commit a mistake by offering obeisances unto her nephew. Therefore, she addressed Him as the original purusa beyond the material cosmos
- His (Kasisvara Gosani's) surname was Caudhuri. His nephew, his sister's son, who was named Rudra Pandita, was the original priest of Vallabhapura, which is situated about one mile from the Sriramapura railway station in the village of Catara
- I (Kamsa) have acted just like a demon in killing my own nephews - your children - and thereby I have given up all consideration of our intimate relationship. I do not know what will be the result of these envious acts of mine
- I purchased one motorcar in 1925, Buick car. Not for personal use, but for using it as a taxi. My one nephew, he was a good driver, so my father, "Why don't you give him? He can do that, we can use it our own car, also taxi"
- Kamsa had killed many of his own nephews, yet Jarasandha did not take notice, but because Krsna had killed His maternal uncle, Kamsa, Jarasandha tried to criticize Him
- King Dhrtarastra became blind under the influence of impious desires to nourish his dishonest sons, and thus he set fire to the lacquer house to burn his fatherless nephews, the Pandavas
- Maharaja Yudhisthira reminded him (Vidura) that he was equally kind and partial to his grown-up nephews, even after the Battle of Kuruksetra, a great family disaster
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was the rightful heir to his father's kingdom. But just to favor his own sons, headed by Duryodhana, Dhrtarastra, Maharaja Yudhisthira's uncle, adopted various unfair means to cheat his nephews of their rightful share of the kingdom
- Mamu Thakura, whose real name was Jagannatha Cakravarti, was the nephew of Sri Nilambara Cakravarti
- Sivananda Sena had a nephew named Srikanta Sena, who by the grace of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was extremely fortunate
- Sri Rupa Gosvami's nephew, Srila Jiva Gosvami, has compiled so many books on devotional service that there is no counting them
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura visited this (Rudra Pandita's, Kasisvara Gosani nephew's) temple at Vallabhapura. At that time the person in charge was a Saivite, Sri Sivacandra Caudhuri, who was a descendant of Kasisvara Gosani's brother
- There is another example of steady and fixed love for Krsna in the instance of Arjuna's informing Him of the death of Arjuna's son, Abhimanyu, who was also the nephew of Krsna
- Thinking of her (Kunti's) birthplace and beginning to cry, she asked Akrura whether her father, mother, brothers, sisters and other friends at home still remembered her. She especially inquired about Krsna and Balarama, her glorious nephews
- Thus Srila Rupa Gosvami, Sanatana Gosvami and their nephew Srila Jiva Gosvami, as well as practically all of their family members, lived in Vrndavana and published important books on devotional service
- Vasudeva talked with Kamsa in such an illuminating way, Kamsa became very much pleased, and his guilt for killing his nephews subsided. With the permission of his sister Devaki and brother-in-law Vasudeva, he returned to his home with a relieved mind
- Vidura was equally affectionate to both the camps of nephews in the sense that he always chastised Duryodhana for his intriguing policy against his cousins
- Visvarupa was junior in relationship to the demigods because he was their nephew, but the demigods wanted to accept him as their priest, and therefore he would have to accept obeisances from them
- We have seen in the history of India that Aurangzeb killed his brother and nephews and imprisoned his father to fulfill political ambitions. There have been many similar instances, and Kamsa was the same type of king
- When Kunti, the mother of Pandavas, saw her nephew Krsna, the SPG, she was overpowered by love & affection. She at once got up from her bedstead & appeared before Him with her daughter-in-law, Draupadi, & in maternal love & affection she embraced Him
- When Lord Nityananda Prabhu rebuked Sivananda Sena on the way to Puri, these two nephews of Sivananda left the company as a protest and went to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Jagannatha Puri