Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Kapha (9 P)
Pages in category "Mucus"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- According to Ayur-vedic medical science the three items kapha, pitta and vayu (phlegm, bile and air) maintain the physiological condition of the body
- According to Ayur-vedic treatment, the entire physiological system is conducted by three elements, namely vayu, pitta and kapha (air, bile and mucus)
- According to Bhagavatam, one who considers this bag of mucus, bile and air to be the self is considered no better than a cow or an ass
- According to the Ayur-vedic system, when the secretion of bile and formation of mucus disturb the air circulating within the body, fifty-nine varieties of diseases may occur. One such disease is craziness
- After death, such persons (who have no good behavior, cleanliness or regulated life) are thrown into the hell called Puyoda, where they are put into an ocean filled with pus, stool, urine, mucus, saliva and similar things
- And within him there are muscles, bones, blood, intestinal worms, stools, mucus, bile, and similar things
- At the last stage of life, the different gates of the body are choked by the effects of disease, which are caused by an imbalance of bile, mucus and air
- In that diseased condition, one's eyes bulge due to the pressure of air from within, and his glands become congested with mucus. He has difficulty breathing, and upon exhaling and inhaling he produces a sound like ghura-ghura, a rattling within the throat
- In this connection there is the following statement: "How can a person take pleasure in the enjoyment of sex life in this body, which is a bag of skin and bones, filled with blood, covered by skin and flesh and which produces mucus and evil smells?"
- Secretions within the body transform into other secretions like blood, urine and stool, but if there are disturbances in the metabolism, the secretions turn into kapha (mucus) by the influence of the air within the body
- She (Damayanti) made sweetmeat balls with dried ginger to remove mucus caused by too much bile. She put all these preparations separately into small cloth bags
- Sudras who could not improve themselves fall into that ocean (filled with pus, stool, urine, mucus, saliva and similar things) and are forced to eat those disgusting things
- The body is also sometimes considered to be a bag containing three elements (tri-dhatu): mucus, bile and air (kapha, pitta and vayu)
- There is another quotation by a devotee who laments as follows, "Alas, I am still trying to relish different pleasurable states from this body, which is simply some skin covering mucus, semina and blood"
- This body, according to Ayurvedic system of medicine, this body is made of three elements - kapha, pitta, vayu: mucus, bile, and cough
- When a man dies, he is generally overpowered by mucus and bile, and thus he chokes. Since it is very difficult to vibrate any sound while choking, it is simply by Krsna's grace that one can chant Hare Krsna at the time of death
- When the living entity is in the body of a crow, he eats all kinds of refuse, even pus and mucus, and enjoys it
- Within this decorated bag are bunches of muscles, bundles of bones, and pools of blood, always mixed with stool, urine, mucus, bile and polluted air and enjoyed by different kinds of insects and germs