Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
morose | morosely | moroseness
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Morose"
The following 48 pages are in this category, out of 48 total.
- A bhagavad-bhakta shall never be aprasanna, not joyful. Always joyful. If he is actually in contact with Krsna, how he can become morose? No. If he is morose, if he is unhappy, that means maya has attacked him
- Actually no one wants to pay income taxes - even government men themselves try to avoid these taxes - but at unfavorable times income taxes are exacted forcibly, and the taxpayers become very morose
- All the gopis in Vrndavana remained very morose on account of Krsna's absence. All day they were thinking of Krsna in the forest or of Him herding cows in the pasture
- Although Vrtrasura repeatedly encouraged Indra to kill him with the thunderbolt, King Indra was morose at having to kill such a great devotee and was hesitant to throw it
- And that determination which cannot go beyond dreaming, fearfulness, lamentation, moroseness and illusion - such unintelligent determination, O son of Prtha, is in the mode of darkness
- As soon as you are self-realized, you become jubilant. In the bodily concept of life we are always full of anxiety and morose. Yes, that is the material condition
- At such times He would be greatly morose and would cry, "Alas, where is Vrndavana? Where is Krsna, the son of the King of the cowherd men? Where is that person who plays the flute"
- Being unable to protect himself from the threefold miseries of material existence, the conditioned soul becomes very morose and lives a life of lamentation
- Bhima wanted to kill Sisupala immediately (because Sisupala was insulting Krsna), but because Krsna did not order him to do so, he became morose with anger
- Economic development may be pleasing for some time, but it cannot endure. Thus many big businessmen are now very morose because they are being harassed by various plundering governments
- Entanglement in family life is the root cause of material attachment, indefatigable desires, moroseness, anger, despair, fear and the desire for false prestige, all of which result in the repetition of birth and death
- Every living entity is morose in the material world because he is always in want. He undergoes a great struggle for existence and tries to minimize his miserable condition by squeezing the utmost pleasure out of this world
- Everything (in Russia) is going on simply on threatening. You see there is no heart to heart cooperation. Therefore everyone we saw, they were morose
- In spite of coming in contact with the pastimes of the Lord, the impersonalists do not fully realize the benefit to be derived, and thus they become just as morose as the materialists do in pursuing their fruitive activities
- In the human form of life he gets an opportunity to enjoy all his senses pervertedly, but the result is that he becomes so harassed in his attempted sense gratification that he ultimately becomes morose
- Maharaja Pariksit used two important words: visanna and visesa-jna. Visanna means "morose." Materialistic people invent many ways and means to become fully satisfied, but actually they remain morose
- Many of our students were dry and morose previous to their coming to Krsna consciousness, but having come into contact with devotees, they are now dancing like jubilant peacocks
- My advice to you is that you associate always with Krsna through chanting the Holy Name. If you are always with Krsna there is no question of moroseness or anxiety
- One may enter the vanaprastha order of life with his wife, but the vanaprastha order means complete retirement from household life. Although King Yuvanasva retired from family life, he and his wives were always morose because he had no son
- One who is fully conversant with the laws of nature is never jubilant or morose because of nature's activities
- Only Kamsa was morose; he neither clapped nor offered benediction to Krsna. Kamsa resented that the trumpets and drums should be played for Krsna's victory, and he was very sorry that the wrestlers had been killed and had fled the assembly
- Our position is when we get some profit we are very jubilant, but when we are losing something we are very morose, unhappy. But a mahanta is equipoised. He is neither very happy when he makes profit, neither at all sorry when he makes losses
- The conditioned soul becomes very morose to receive notice of death. His fear is compared to the fear experienced upon entering a dark mountain cave, and death is compared to a great elephant
- The ecstatic symptoms of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu - including despondency, moroseness, humility, restlessness, joy, endurance and anger - instructed His body and mind
- This verse is very instructive for sincere workers in the Krsna consciousness movement. We should not be jubilant in victory or morose in defeat
- Those two gatekeepers (Jaya and Vijaya), the best of the demigods, their beauty and luster diminished by the curse of the brahmanas (Kumaras), became morose and fell from Vaikuntha, the abode of the Supreme Lord
- Trembling, perspiration, jubilant tears, shock, fading of the bodily luster, disappointment, moroseness, loss of memory, pride, joy and humility were all visible in Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's body
- When a woman is neglected and disappointed, out of egoistic pride she gives up her ornaments and morosely sits down on the ground, marking lines on it with her nails
- When food grains are produced abundantly the farmers become financially stronger, and thus the capitalist becomes morose at being unable to exploit them
- When life becomes almost inactive, it is called stunned. The emotions resulting from this condition are joy, fear, astonishment, moroseness and anger. In this condition, the power of speech is lost and there is no movement in the hands and legs
- When one's consciousness and intelligence are without any brilliant thoughts about Krsna, they become morose and lusterless, so much so that one cannot derive any benefit despite sharp intelligence
- When the black-eyed, beautiful Rukmini heard of the settlement, she immediately became very morose. However, being a king's daughter, she understood political diplomacy and decided that there was no use in simply being morose
- When you may feel morose, chant Hare Krsna Mantra loudly and hear it. That will reestablish you on the platform of transcendental bliss
- While He (Krsna) had been absent from Dvaraka at the Battle of Kuruksetra, all the citizens of Dvaraka had become morose. Then, when He returned, the citizens joyfully received Him and said
- While this magical atmosphere in the fight was being created by the invisible demons, who were expert in such illusions, the soldiers of the demigods became morose