Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
morning | mornings | morning's | morningstar
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Morning"
The following 139 pages are in this category, out of 139 total.
- A devotee must visit a Visnu temple at least once or twice every day, morning and evening. (In Vrndavana this system is followed very strictly. All the devotees in town go every morning and evening to visit different temples
- According to Vedic civilization, one should rise early in the morning and chant Hare Krsna, perform mangala aratrika, worship the Deity. This is the morning business. But the richest nation of the world, they are going to work at six-thirty for earning
- After seeing the young gopis bathe in the Yamuna, Krsna passed the rest of the morning with the boys
- After taking his morning bath, Madhavendra Puri entered the village and assembled all the people. Then he spoke as follows
- After taking Their baths and finishing all other morning duties, Krsna and Balarama could hear the beating of the kettledrums in the wrestling arena. They immediately prepared Themselves to proceed to the spot to see the fun
- After the killing of the demon, Krsna and Balarama finished Their breakfast in the morning, and while continuing to take care of the calves, They wandered here and there
- Akrura was requested by Kamsa to arrive in Vrndavana by evening. After receiving instruction from Kamsa, Akrura started the next morning via chariot for Vrndavana
- All the members of the household should be engaged in the daily service of the Lord, beginning from morning (4 a.m.) till night (10 p.m.) by performing mangala-aratrika, niranjana, arcana, puja, kirtana, srngara, bhoga-vaikali, sandhya-aratrika, etc
- Arundhati and Syama Dasi shall be in charge of composing at least four hours alternately. In this way, the machine should be used from 7:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night
- As previously, the Lord provided them all with residential quarters. And the next morning all the devotees came to see the Lord
- At night offer puris, milk and other nice preparations should be offered also. In the morning offer fruits and during the day time nice dhal, chopaties, etc. Sometimes special preparations can be offered on Sunday - Kachories, sweet balls
- At night, you go to sleep. So that is a sort of death. And again you get up in the morning. So death is something like that
- At that time the Bhattacarya had not even washed his mouth, nor had he taken his bath or finished his morning duties. Nonetheless, he was very pleased to receive the prasadam of Lord Jagannatha
- Bhagavad-gita was Gandhi's life and soul practically. And in the morning he was having Bhagavad-gita class; in the evening he was having Bhagavad-gita class. So that was his life and soul. But unfortunately he interpreted Bhagavad-gita in his own way
- By the order of the spiritual master they immediately rise, and after finishing their morning duties they sit down to study the Vedas or chant Vedic mantras
- Even a brahmana gets one lakh of rupees, next morning he is still a beggar because he does not keep anything for tomorrow. Everything depending on Krsna, and he spends money like that
- Everyone must attend the morning and evening program, otherwise it will be a dead temple
- Example is better than precept, so you follow the regulative principles, chant 16 rounds daily, attend morning and evening arati and as much as possible go for sankirtana distributing my books
- Having broken the pot and bound the pieces in his cloth, Madhavendra Puri began to think, "The Lord has given me a pot of sweet rice, and when the people hear of this tomorrow morning, there will be great crowds"
- He (Rantideva) was especially hospitable to Vasistha Muni, and by his blessings only he attained the higher planetary residence. He is one of those pious kings whose names are remembered in the morning and evening
- Her (Gandhari's) eldest son, Duryodhana, was advised to see the mother naked. She advised, "My dear son, tomorrow morning when you come to offer your obeisances to me, you come naked. I shall see you and you will be solidified just like iron"
- Here as soon as there is little sunshine, oh, today, "Good morning." Today is very good morning. In London, Lennon's gardener, he was meeting, I was walking. He was Mr. Johnson or something
- Here if we enjoy in the hotel some dancing, and next morning I'll have to go into the garbage for bringing money for that dancing. I'll work, go underground to dig out garbage. It is not like that, that Krsna has to go next morning to garbage
- Here in Vrindaban I am enjoying my disciples how they are speaking. So two times daily everyone must attend the classes. During the morning and evening times there should be no business, simply kirtana, chant, dance, and be purified
- I am enjoying it everyday in the morning, and when I walk on the street they all look at me due to your cap
- I am going to Mayapur tomorrow morning, and you are welcome to come to our Sri Candra doya Mandir there and see me
- I beg to apologize for not keeping our scheduled appointment on the morning of November 3rd. I became ill due to exhaustion from too much travelling and was not able to leave my room
- I explained this morning partially, that actually we are seeking love of God beginning with the body. That I have explained in this morning, that we love this body because I live within this body. As soon as I give up this body, the body is neglected
- I shall be very happy if you would kindly come and see me here. I am scheduled to leave Hawaii on the morning of Feb. 9th, so if you could possibly come before that time it would be very nice
- If one hears and chants or remembers this narration in the morning and evening with great attention, he certainly becomes learned, experienced in understanding the Vedic hymns, and expert in self-realization
- If one remembers in the morning the narration of this fight between Lord Krsna and Lord Siva and takes pleasure in the victory of Lord Krsna, he will never experience defeat anywhere in his struggle of life
- If the sun rises at 5:30 in the morning, at 5:30 in the evening twelve hours have been taken away from the duration of our lives. We will never get this time back
- If we sleep in the morning, snoring, then how we can understand?
- In India still you will find hundreds and thousands of men are going to take bath in the Ganges in the morning. They might have only one cloth and one napkin, still, they will take twice bath
- In India the system is that all the ladies and gentlemen who come in the morning to visit the temple bring so many things. Even one morsel of rice or one morsel of flour can be offered
- In the months of April and May the rays of Maharaja Priyavrata's brilliant sun were as pleasing as the rays of the moon, and in October and November, both morning and evening, that sun provided more warmth than the sunshine
- In the morning Candrasekhara seated Sacimata in a palanquin and brought her from her house with many devotees
- In the morning Her (Radharani's) body is bathed in the nectar of compassion, in the afternoon in the nectar of youth, and in the evening in the nectar of luster itself. In this way the bathing is performed
- In the morning they begin fishing, this walking, and golfing, no engagement. These poor fellows, they have been not informed that there is better engagement. They do not know. This is their civilization
- In the morning they looked for the dog, but it could not be found anywhere. All the Vaisnavas were astonished
- In the morning you can give them (devotees in New Mayapura) this puffed grains, then fruits and milk, very good breakfast. I mean to say all self-dependent
- In the morning, after regular duties were completed and the Lord was chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, the people accompanied Sacimata to the house of Advaita Acarya
- In the morning, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took His personal associates with Him to see Lord Jagannatha at Sundaracala
- In the morning, the gopis prepared for morning arati by lighting their lamps and sprinkling butter mixed with yogurt. After finishing their mangala-arati, they engaged themselves in churning butter from yogurt
- In the morning, the Lord left and went to a place known as Kanai Natasala. While there, He saw many pastimes of Lord Krsna
- In this Krsna consciousness movement we require everyone to rise early in the morning, by four A.M.,and attend mangala-arati, or morning worship, then read Srimad-Bhagavatam, perform kirtana, and so forth
- In this way, the maintainers of the complete creation, Krsna and Balarama, used to take care of the calves every day, beginning in the morning, and thus They enjoyed Their childhood pastimes as cowherd boys in Vrndavana
- It is a Vedic custom that the junior members of the family should offer respects to the elders every morning. The children or disciples especially should offer their respects to their parents or spiritual master in the morning
- It is essential, therefore, that one constantly associate with pure devotees who are engaged morning and evening in chanting the Hare Krsna mantra
- Just like amongst the birds and beasts there is no economic problem. The birds rise in the morning, and they chirp between themselves, and after a few hours or minutes they go away, and they get their food
- Just like tomorrow is Sri Rama-navami. The tapasya will be that all the devotees will observe fasting from morning till evening. This is called tapasya
- Krsna once told Radharani, "My dear friend, when You tried to meet Me alone in the morning, Your friend Mekhala remained hungry with envy. Just look at her"
- Krsna, accompanied by Uddhava and Satyaki, would ride on the chariot just as the sun-god rides on his chariot in the morning, appearing with his blazing rays on the surface of the world
- Later that morning, Krsna went to play with His cowherd boyfriends on the top of the Govardhana Hill. They were imitating the play of thieves and police. Some of the boys became police constables, and some became thieves, and some took the role of lambs
- Liberation and extinction of the reactions of sinful life are two concomitant by-products of chanting the holy name of the Lord. An example is found in the gleams of morning sunlight
- Lord Balarama is the original Visnu; therefore anyone remembering these pastimes of Lord Balarama in the morning and evening will certainly become a great devotee of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and thus his life will be successful in all respects
- Lord Balarama smiled beautifully, and the drops of perspiration decorating His face appeared like soothing morning dew
- Lord Caitanya instructed Sanatana to describe initiation, morning duties and duties of cleanliness - washing the face, brushing the teeth, and so on - the process of work and the prayers to be recited both in the morning and the evening
- Lord Caitanya said, "You (Sanatana Gosvami) should describe how in the morning one should regularly brush his teeth, take his bath, offer prayers to the Lord and offer obeisances to the spiritual master"
- O Lord (Varahadeva), Your semen is the sacrifice called soma-yajna. Your growth is the ritualistic performances of the morning. Your skin and touch sensations are the seven elements of the agnistoma sacrifice
- O My mother, My devotees always see the smiling face of My form, with eyes like the rising morning sun. They like to see My various transcendental forms, which are all benevolent, and they also talk favorably with Me
- One day, after finishing his morning duties - evacuating, urinating and bathing - Maharaja Bharata sat down on the bank of the River Gandaki for a few minutes and began chanting his mantra, beginning with omkara
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "When He (Krsna) plays (the flute), either in the morning or in the evening, all the demigods, including Lord Siva, Brahma, Indra and Candra, bow their heads and listen with great attention"
- One lady told another, "My dear friends, we must accept the activities of the gopis to be the highest form of piety; otherwise, how could they have achieved the opportunity of seeing Krsna both morning and evening"
- One morning Saranga Thakura decided, "Whomever I see I shall make my disciple"
- One morning, when Krsna came to Radha, Radha asked Him, "My dear Kesava, where is Your vasa at present?" The Sanskrit word vasa has three meanings: one meaning is residence, one meaning is fragrance, and another meaning is dress
- One should evacuate regularly in the morning and then cleanse himself by taking a bath. One has to gargle (acamana) and brush his teeth (danta-dhavana). He should do this either with twigs or a toothbrush - whatever is available
- Our whole party is leaving Surat on the 4th January and we shall reach Bombay on the morning of the 4th. From Bombay I shall fly to Calcutta
- People are doing like that. They are eating in the morning and working very hard whole day, and in the evening again he becomes hungry and eats more sumptuously. That is his happiness
- Practice yoga - solitary and sacred place. What is this circle we see in morning? Simply "Chai, chai, chai." And cigarette, bidi, and talking nonsense, drinking - no arrangement. Vedic system, still in India in morning they take bath, in the villages
- Sanandana said, "When the king is asleep in the morning, the appointed reciters come around his bedroom and begin to sing of his chivalrous activities, and while hearing of his glorious activities, the king gradually awakens"
- So far the singing of the prayers to the Spiritual Master is concerned, there is no limitation on how many times it is sung. But it should be done three times daily, and morning it is required
- Sometimes Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu engaged Vakresvara and other devotees in chanting and dancing. Three times daily - morning, noon and evening - He would perform sankirtana in the yard of the Gundica temple
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed that night at the temple engaged in congregational chanting. In the morning, after seeing the mangala-arati performance, He departed
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I shall leave early in the morning and go incognito, taking the road through the forest. I shall go alone - I shall not take anyone with Me"
- Strictly follow the regulative principles, the four prohibitions as well as the devotional practices of arising early, taking morning bath, putting on tilaka, attending mangal arati, chanting japa 16 rounds, and attending Srimad Bhagavatam class
- Sudama thought, "Without disturbing the cultivator with rain during the day, the cloud brings liberal rain at night just to satisfy him. And yet when the cultivator wakes up in the morning, he thinks that it has not rained enough"
- Sun at twelve o'clock, midday, is not older than it was in the morning, but it is our calculation that "Sun is now, say, six hours older from His appearance." That is our calculation. So Krsna is always sixteen, but we calculate like that
- Superficially we engage from four o'clock in the morning till ten o'clock at night, and that is resting time. But when one is advanced in devotional service, while sleeping he also serves Krsna
- Tend Tulasi very nicely and your devotion towards Krishna will increase. In the evening a lamp should be offered to the Tulasi plant and in the morning each devotee should offer a little water and offer obeisances
- The banyan tree (asvattha) is one of the highest and most beautiful trees, and people in India often worship it as one of their daily morning rituals
- The change of time. Now it is nine o'clock in the watch. Now, this nine o'clock, this is now night. The morning nine o'clock is still existing somewhere. Similarly, Krsna's lila, Krsna's pastime, is going on. Everything is going on at the same moment
- The devotees arise in the morning, here in New Vindavan they are getting up by four o'clock. But in your country the people are not accostumed to this, and it will take a little time to get them used to it
- The example of the sunshine and the material manifestation is very appropriate in understanding the living entity's contact with the material world. In the morning the sun rises, and the heat and light gradually expand throughout the whole day
- The gopis are so fortunate that they can see and think of Krsna twenty-four hours a day, beginning from their milking the cows or husking the paddy or churning the butter in the morning
- The gopis cried all night before the departure of Krsna. As soon as the sun rose, Akrura finished his morning bath, got on the chariot and started for Mathura with Krsna and Balarama
- The International Society for Krishna Consciousness has been organized for this purpose. In every center of this Society - not only in the morning, evening or noon, but practically twenty-four hours a day - there is continuous devotional service going on
- The lady continued, "In the morning when He goes to the pasturing ground with His cows and cowherd boyfriends, and in the evening when He returns with them, playing on His flute and smiling very brilliantly"
- The Lord's body is blackish, but is eternal, full of bliss and knowledge, and very, very beautiful. His eyes are always peaceful, and they are reddish like the rising morning sun
- The morning passed, and the cowherd boys were very hungry because they had not eaten breakfast
- The next day, in the morning, Samba delivered a large lump of iron, which was entrusted to Ugrasena for necessary action. Actually later on there was the foretold fratricidal war, and Samba died in that war
- The next morning he (Sudama) started for his home, thinking always about his reception by Krsna, and thus he merged in transcendental bliss
- The next morning, after taking His bath, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu started on His South Indian tour. He bade farewell to the devotees by embracing them
- The next morning, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya together visited the temple of Lord Jagannatha. Both of them were in a very pleasant mood
- The next morning, the rendering of service to the Deity began again, and people from one village arrived with all kinds of food grains
- The students in this institution engage in the cultivation of Krsna consciousness from five in the morning to ten at night
- Then one night Vasudeva heard of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's arrival, and in the morning he came to see the Lord at the house of Kurma
- They (the gopis) were householder wives, young girls having children to feed, carrying out the order of superiors; father-in-law, mother-in-law, sister-in-law, satisfying the whims of the husband, executing so many household duties from morning to night
- They should be taught how to worship the Supreme Lord at least twice in a day, sayam pratah, "in the morning and in the evening." Tri-sandhya. The prescription is for tri-sandhya. One should take bath three times
- They'll give us description of the land, and before our going, they'll make a camp. Small, big, that doesn't matter. And in the morning, the former camp broken, and go to the next camp with kirtana
- Thinking like this, the Lord took His morning bath in the Ganges and started for Nilacala, saying "I shall go there"
- Thinking this, Sri Madhavendra Puri offered his obeisances to Gopinatha on the spot and left Remuna before morning
- This morning I met here in Delhi with your American Ambassador to India, Mr. Kenneth Keating. He has got very good respect for our Movement, and he has promised to help me to arrange a meeting with your President
- This morning these press reporters were asking me, "What is the purpose of your movement?" So I said, "To educate the mudhas, that's all." This is the sum and substance of this Krsna consciousness movement, that we are trying to educate the mudhas
- This morning we held a meeting of GBC members, and I have sent a telegram addressed to Karandhara as follows
- Those who will offer Me the prayers composed by Lord Siva, both in the morning and in the evening, will be given benedictions by Me. In this way they can both fulfill their desires and attain good intelligence
- Thus Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would remain at night in one place, and the next morning, after bathing, He would start again
- Thus with great pleasure Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed that night in the temple. After seeing the mangala-arati ceremony in the morning, He started on His journey
- To get up at four in the morning is definite, there is no compromise on that. Someone gets up and someone doesn’t, No! You have to get up at four in the morning every day that is called dhrta-vrata and dhirah-vrata
- Uddhava was one who even in his childhood, at the age of five years, was so absorbed in the service of Lord Krsna that when he was called by his mother for morning breakfast, he did not wish to have it
- Under the instructions of qualified brahmanas, in the morning she (a woman) should wash her teeth, bathe, and dress herself with white cloth and ornaments, and before taking breakfast she should worship Lord Visnu and Laksmi
- We boarded the plane for the second time the next morning at nine a.m. and took off for Moscow shortly thereafter, and arrived at that bastion of propaganda about three hours later
- We shall try to construct a very nice temple for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. This morning we were thinking of this. So from this place, this moon, Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu, will distribute
- When a devotee comes to offer something to the Deity in the morning, he is sure to smell the good flavor of the incense, and then at once he will become cleansed of the poisonous effect of material existence
- When after the dense, dark night there is finally sunrise in the morning, it is very pleasant; when there is scorching heat, cold water is very pleasant
- When the villagers brought their stock of rice, dhal and flour, the potters of the village brought all kinds of cooking pots, and in the morning the cooking began
- When you come again, awakening stage in the morning after getting up from the bed, I forget all the bodies I created in my dream. So which one is correct? This is correct? This body's correct, or that body's correct?
- When you have got this center, it is not that you should be engaged from morning till you go to bed for sense gratification. That is not life. That is karmi's life. You have no time for sat-sanga, for association
- When you see the sunshine, moonshine. Krsna says "I am the sunshine, I am the moonshine." So as soon as you see in the morning, sunshine, you see Krsna
- When you were chanting in L.A. temple in the evenings, or in the mornings, I enjoyed your chanting so nicely that I thought myself immediately carried to Vaikuntha
- Whenever there is Kirtana, either morning or evening, immediately there is a different atmosphere by the Grace of Lord Krishna. And all people, both devotees and outsiders, begin to dance in ecstasy
- While they (the gopis) were talking in this way, Uddhava finished his morning ablutions, prayers and chanting and came before them
- Whoever carefully recites the mysterious appearances of the Lord, with devotion in the morning and in the evening, gets relief from all miseries of life
- With the appearance of Sri Krsna within our heart, we become cleansed of the impurities of material contact, much as the morning appears new and fresh with the appearance of the sun
- Yogurt can be prepared in the temple, it is not very difficult. Boil the milk at night, put a little yogurt in it, and next morning you will find it full of yogurt
- You practice in your body, and if you come to the point of tolerance, then anything you can practice and it will be tolerable. Just like in the morning, when we go for morning walk, they are practicing running
- Your duty as you are doing, even nobody is coming in morning, Lord Jagannatha will hear your kirtana, because we are always in company with the Lord of the Universe