Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
middle | mid
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Middle"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.
- After hearing Usa's words, Citralekha immediately replied, "I can understand your bereavement, and I assure you that if this boy is within these three worlds - the upper, middle and lower planetary systems - I must find him for your satisfaction"
- After stringing the bow in the presence of the crowd, He drew it and broke it at the middle into two parts, exactly as an elephant breaks sugarcane in the field. Everyone present appreciated Krsna's power
- Although Akrura was a great devotee, he was cursed by the inhabitants of Vrndavana because of his taking Krsna away from their midst. Because of wounding their feelings, Akrura was forced to join the conspiracy declared by sinful men
- Any matter, any material thing you take, it does not exist. It has got a beginning and it has got an end, and in the middle there are so many disturbances - six kinds of changes in the matter
- At this position (blocking the nine holes by complete suspension of air, then concentrating the vital force in the middle position between the eyebrows), the yogi can think of the planet to which he wants to go after leaving the body
- Beyond the ocean of sweet water is a tract of land as broad as the area between the middle of Mount Sumeru and the boundary of Manasottara Mountain. In that tract of land there are many living beings
- Brahma said: The auspicious period known as abhijit, which is most opportune for victory, commenced at midday and has all but passed; therefore, in the interest of Your (Varahadeva's) friends, please dispose of this formidable foe (Hiranyaksa) quickly
- He (omkara) is the beginning, middle and end, and He is beginningless as well. When one understands omkara as such, he becomes immortal. One should thus know omkara as a representation of the Supreme situated in everyone's heart
- Her (Rukmini's) body was well constructed, the middle portion being thin. Her high hips were adorned with a jeweled locket
- His (Krsna's) chest is just like a doorway, His hips are dens, and the middle of His body is a terrace
- His (Krsna's) wonderfully enchanting smile is so attractive and the movements of His eyebrows are so beautiful that He can call for any woman from the heavenly, middle or Plutonic planets
- I am prepared to come to South Africa by the middle of July
- I want that our lake in Mayapur should be like this. You can make the stone stairway on four sides, one at each end and one at the middle of each side
- If you want to stay there I have no objection. For the time being you can perform your devotional service in Puri and when I return to Mayapur in mid-March, you can see me and we shall see what was the cause for your being asked to leave
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that there are three planetary system, upper, lower and middle
- In the middle of the night, while they were taking rest, there was suddenly a great forest fire, and it quickly appeared that the fire would soon devour all the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- In the spiritual world there are no higher, middle or lower classes. This is confirmed in the Isopanisad: "One who always sees all living entities as spiritual sparks, in quality one with the Lord, becomes a true knower of things"
- In the upper planetary system there is shipping and that traders there engage in navigation as their occupational duty. Sometimes, as on this planet, these traders are shipwrecked in the middle of the ocean
- It is not by mundane scholarship: "I think it is like that." Who are you? You are thinking like that? No. That is not the process.Two things must be there. First of all pranipata, and the other side, seva, and the middle, pariprasna
- Krsna used a buffalo horn as a bugling instrument. This instrument was always highly polished and circled with gold bands, and on the middle there was a hole
- Krsna was decorated constantly in this akalpa process. Krsna's hair was sometimes decorated with flowers placed on the middle of His head, or else reaching down to His back. In this way Krsna dressed His hair differently at different times
- Krsna's perfect bodily features are described as follows: "My dear enemy of Kamsa, Your broad eyes, Your rising chest, Your two pillar-like arms and the thin middle portion of Your body are always enchanting to every lotus-eyed beautiful girl"
- O Lord of the universe, O universal form, I (Arjuna) see in Your body many, many arms, bellies, mouths and eyes, expanded everywhere, without limit. I see in You no end, no middle and no beginning
- Of all creations I am (Krsna) the beginning and the end and also the middle, O Arjuna. Of all sciences I am the spiritual science of the self, and among logicians I am the conclusive truth
- One of his (Siva's) eyes is like the sun, another is like the moon, and his third eye, which is between his eyebrows, is like fire. He can generate fire from his middle eye, and he is able to vanquish any powerful living entity, including Brahma
- Since the manifestation exists only in the middle - between the two points of unmanifestation - why should one cry for the body manifested in the interim?
- Since the sun is in the middle of the universe, the distance between the sun and the edge of the universe is calculated to be twenty-five koti yojanas (two billion miles)
- So at night he would keep a big bowl of rice in the middle of the shop, and the rats will eat whole night. They would not commit any harm to the cloth
- The childhood ages of Krsna are divided into three periods: the beginning of kaumara age, the middle of kaumara age, and the end of kaumara age
- The cooked rice was a stack of very fine grains nicely cooked, and in the middle was yellow clarified butter from the milk of cows. Surrounding the stack of rice were pots made of the skins of banana trees, & in these pots were varieties of vegetables
- The devotee who is neither a neophyte nor a maha-bhagavata but is within the middle status of devotional service is expected to love the S P of Godhead, make friends with the devotees, show favor to the ignorant and reject the jealous and demoniac
- The eyes, nose, ears, etc., these are places that are known as the seventh orbit of the vital force. But the yogis can block these holes by complete suspension of air. The yogi then concentrates the vital force in the middle position, between the eyebrows
- The father, Manu, handed over his first daughter, Akuti, to the sage Ruci, the middle daughter, Devahuti, to the sage Kardama, and the youngest, Prasuti, to Daksa. From them, all the world filled with population
- The final pastimes of the Lord, occurring in His last twenty-four years, are called madhya (middle) and antya (final). All the devotees of the Lord refer to His pastimes according to these divisions
- The lower part of the universe is considered the feet and legs of the Lord's universal form, the middle part of the universe is considered the navel or abdomen of the Lord
- The maha-bhagavata knows that everyone is engaged in the Lord's service in different ways. He therefore descends to the middle platform to elevate everyone to the Krsna conscious position
- The standard of beauty of a woman is said to be sumadhyama, when the middle portion of the body is slender
- The Vaikuntha planet is so pleasing and so celestial that it is compared to the middle jewel or locket in a necklace of jewels
- The yogis can block these holes (the eyes, nose, ears, etc.) by complete suspension of air. The yogi then concentrates the vital force in the middle position, that is, between the eyebrows
- There must be distinction, some higher class, some middle class, some lower class. Even in European countries, there are, in America there are, so are in India. So it is not very astonishing
- This bow (belonging to Lord Siva) was so heavy that it was carried by three hundred men, but Lord Ramacandra bent and strung it and broke it in the middle, just as a baby elephant breaks a stick of sugarcane
- This middle portion of the sky is called Bhuvarloka, as confirmed by both Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti and Srila Jiva Gosvami. In Bhagavad-gita it is stated that those who develop in the mode of passion are situated in the middle region
- Thus I have given a synopsis of the madhya-lila, the middle pastimes of the Lord. Now, O devotees, kindly hear the synopsis of the final pastimes of the Lord, known as the antya-lila
- When you are preaching, you have to come to the middle stage. Even if you are on the top stage, you have to come on the middle stage because you have to discriminate: "Here is a devotee; here is a demon"
- Which I could not follow, I may ask repeatedly to understand. So two sides: seva, service; and surrender. And in the middle, pariprasna. So pariprasna is required. Otherwise how one can understand? So questions are required
- You (Anantadeva) are eternal, having no beginning, end or middle. You are perceived to exist in these three phases, and thus You are permanent
- You cannot make one classless. That is not possible. So long the bodily concept of life is there, there must be these three classes. High class, middle class and lower class. So those who are condemned, they must suffer. Everyone is condemned