Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
merciful | mercifully | mercifulness
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Merciful"
The following 116 pages are in this category, out of 116 total.
- A dhirodatta is a person who is naturally very grave, gentle, forgiving, merciful, determined, humble, highly qualified, chivalrous and bodily attractive
- A saintly person is always tolerant and merciful, he is a friend to everyone, never an enemy to anyone, and he is peaceful. These are some of the good qualities of a devotee
- Accompanied during the daytime by the sons of the Prajapati and accompanied at night by his daughters, Laksmidevi worships the Lord during the period known as the Samvatsara in His most merciful form as Kamadeva
- After this, the Lord embraced both of them and requested all of the devotees present to be merciful upon them and deliver them
- All glories to Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the most merciful savior of the fallen souls! All glories to the Supreme Personality
- Although I am the lowest of men and have no knowledge, the Lord has mercifully bestowed upon me the inspiration to write transcendental literature about devotional service
- Arjuna was not at all afraid of the giant military phalanx presented by Duryodhana, but as a merciful devotee of the Lord, renunciation of worldly things was natural for him, and thus he decided not to fight for worldly possessions
- As the religious principles are reducing, so many other things are reducing, of which the duration of life, bodily strength, mercifulness, memory
- At first Krsna thought, "Let Me retaliate against this vengeance of Indra by destroying his heavenly kingdom," but later on, when He thought of the insignificance of the King of heaven, Krsna changed His mind and felt merciful toward Indra
- At the present moment if one man is attacked, the passersby will not care for it because they have lost their sympathy or mercifulness for others. Our neighbor may starve, but we don't care for it
- Bhisma's repentance and the Lord's merciful attitude are both unique in this picture
- Brahma said, "I think I am very, very insignificant before You (Krsna), and I am therefore begging Your pardon. Please be merciful toward me"
- By His (Visnu) transcendental nature, He is always merciful; therefore, before giving any benediction, He considers whether it will prove beneficial for the devotee
- God is merciful undoubtedly, but He bestows His mercy on us when we need it most. This is so because we forget God as soon as we obtain this mercy
- God is merciful undoubtedly, but He bestows His mercy on us when we need it most. This is so because we forget God as soon as we obtain this mercy. We should therefore remember the mercy of God constantly if we want to avoid distress
- God is so kind and merciful that He can give Himself in exchange for the devotional service of the devotee
- God, or Krsna, is so affectionate that we have come here in this material world simply to pass stool and urine, still. He's attending. Just imagine what merciful is Krsna
- He (Akrura) saw the four-handed Supreme Personality of Godhead, smiling very beautifully. He was very pleasing to all and was looking toward everyone with a merciful glance
- He (Arjuna) was not at all afraid of the giant military phalanx presented by Duryodhana, but as a merciful devotee of the Lord, renunciation of worldly things was natural for him, and thus he decided not to fight for worldly possessions
- I (Krsna) then (just to keep You (Radharani) living, I worship Lord Narayana. By His merciful potency, I come to Vrndavana every day to enjoy pastimes with You) return to Dvaraka-dhama. Thus You can always feel My presence there in Vrndavana
- I (Uttanapada) am very much addicted to my wife, and I am so fallen that I have abandoned all merciful behavior, even to my son (Dhruva), who is only five years old. I have banished him and his mother, even though he is a great soul and a great devotee
- I can understand now that how much merciful was my Guru Maharaja that he forced me to take this life
- I was very much perturbed when I received your letter of Nov. 7, 1968, and I prayed to Krishna that He may put His merciful glance upon you
- If a benevolent and merciful person exhibits his pride in becoming poverty-stricken by giving his possessions in charity for good causes, his poverty is a welcome and auspicious sign of a great personality
- If leaders & rich men spend fifty percent of their accumulated wealth mercifully for the misled people & educate them in KC, the knowledge of Bhagavatam, certainly the age of Kali will be defeated in its attempt to entrap the conditioned souls
- If someone is able, by chance, to see face to face a great saintly person like Narada, who is always serene and merciful to everyone, then immediately that conditioned soul becomes liberated
- If the creative laws are changed according to the whims of providence, then providence certainly should not be considered merciful, but must be considered inimical to the created being
- In this chapter we find Maharaja Ambarisa offering prayers to the Sudarsana cakra and we find how the Sudarsana cakra became merciful to Durvasa Muni
- It is said that a person is great if he is decorated with the qualities of being very merciful toward the unfortunate, very powerful, superior, chivalrous, enthusiastic, expert and truthful
- Kaliya continued, "I did not know Your actual position, and out of ignorance I have committed such horrible offenses. Please save me. I am a most unfortunate, foolish creature. Please be merciful to me"
- Krsna is always very simple and by nature merciful
- Krsna was so merciful that in order to claim all these people, means the lowest of mankind, miscreant, and fools, and rascals, rejected, so He came in the form of Lord Caitanya to reclaim them
- Krsna, in the dress of a young girl, told Radharani, "Oh, You hard-hearted girl! Don't You know that I am Your sister? Why are You unable to recognize Me? Be merciful upon Me and please capture My shoulders and embrace Me with love"
- Kurus said, "O creator of innumerable universes, let us fall down and offer You (Balarama) our respectful obeisances again and again. We are now completely surrendered unto You. Please, therefore, be merciful upon us and give us Your protection"
- Kurus said, "The Yadus are now trying to go against those who have fed them nicely. Their flourishing condition is due to our gifts & merciful behavior & still they are so shameless that they are trying to order us. How regrettable are these activities"
- Let us speak one word that is very true. Plainly hear us, O merciful one. There is no other object of mercy within the three worlds but us
- Let us submit one piece of information before You, dear Lord. It is not at all false but is full of meaning. It is this: If You are not merciful upon us, then it will be very, very difficult to find more suitable candidates for Your mercy
- Lord Boar is everything; He is merciful, He is all knowledge, and He is illusion also
- Lord Brahma said: The Lord, who is supreme and is the oldest of all, is unlimitedly merciful. I wish that He may smilingly bestow His benediction upon me by opening His lotus eyes
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu very mercifully reclaimed the fallen souls especially in this age by this short-cut method of chanting Hare Krishna Mantra
- Lord Caitanya replied, "You are very merciful to Me, and therefore I think it is My duty to obey your order"
- Lord Siva, the husband of Parvati, is generally very merciful, and he is very quickly satisfied if someone undertakes severe austerities to please him
- Lord Sri Krsna is so mild and merciful, and yet He is the Lord of all kinds of threes
- May Gopinathaji, who attracts all the gopis with the song of His flute and who has begun the most melodious rasa dace on the bank of the Yamuna in Vamsivata, be merciful upon us
- Maya is also Krsna's energy, so it is her duty to punish the conditioned soul because they have decided to forget Krsna. Still, Krsna is so merciful, He comes personally, He authorizes His devotee, servant, to enlighten these conditioned souls
- Merciful acaryas
- My dear Lord Caitanya, please have mercy upon me. There is no one who is as merciful as You. My plea is most urgent because Your mission is to deliver all fallen souls, and no one is more fallen than I. Therefore I beg priority
- My dear Lord, because of Your separation My (Srimati Radharani) mind has become overly agitated. Now tell Me, what can I do? I am very poor and You are very merciful, so kindly have compassion upon Me and let Me know when I shall see You
- Narottama Das Thakura continued, "I pray that You please be merciful upon me. Please do not kick me away, for I have no other shelter than You"
- Not only Brahma but anyone who may be graced by the Lord to see such merciful direct internal energy can also realize the Personality of Godhead without any mental speculation
- O infallible one (Lord Kamadeva), Your lotus palm is the source of all benediction. Therefore Your pure devotees worship it, and You very mercifully place Your hand on their heads
- O Lord, we are very unhappy. We have come a long distance to see You. Please be merciful and show us Your favor
- O My Lord! O most merciful master! O master of Mathura! When shall I see You again? Because of My not seeing You, My agitated heart has become unsteady. O most beloved one, what shall I do now
- One of the disciples of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura wanted to enjoy the property of his spiritual master & the spiritual master, being merciful toward him, gave him the temporary property, but not the power to preach the cult of Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- One who is in friendship with devotees of Krsna & who is very merciful to the ignorant, raising them to the standard of DS & who is uninterested in nondevotees, is considered to be situated in the position of cultivating devotional service
- Only bhakti. And it is the duty of the spiritual master, or mahatma, to spread bhakti cult. That is the most confidential... That is the most merciful humanitarian activity
- Parama Koruna, 1975 part 1 - These two prabhus, Nityananda Prabhu and Caitanya Mahaprabhu, are very merciful, parama koruna. Parama koruna means extremely merciful
- Please put Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mercy to your crucial test, and if you are actually a logician you will come to the right conclusion that there is no personality more merciful than Lord Caitanya
- Prayers to the Six Goswamis, 1968 - Sri-caitanya-krpa-bharau: "They were so kind and merciful because they actually received the blessings and mercy of Lord Caitanya"
- Radha and Krishna have been so much merciful upon me to have given me so many nice spiritual sons and daughters as yourselves
- Resuming His external consciousness, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Sanatana Gosvami, "I have not spoken of what I intended. Lord Krsna is very merciful to you because by bewildering My mind He has revealed His personal opulence and sweetness"
- Since the kings were so mercifully treated by Lord Krsna, they felt great happiness, and their bright faces appeared just like the stars in the sky after the end of the rainy season
- Svasty astu visvasya: "Let there be good fortune throughout the entire universe." Prahlada Maharaja thus requested the Lord to be merciful to everyone, including his father, a most envious person
- The all-merciful Lord very tactfully corrects the bewildered devotee by exhibiting before him the real nature of this material world
- The boys could understand that by drinking the water of the Yamuna they had died and that the merciful glance of Krsna had restored their lives. Thus they appreciated the mystic power of Krsna, who is known as Yogesvara, the master of all mystic yogis
- The cowherd men said, "By picking up Govardhana Hill, just as a child picks up a mushroom, He (Krsna) saved us so wonderfully. May He continue to glance mercifully over us and our cows. May we live peacefully under the protection of wonderful Krsna"
- The devotee said, "Let her (Yasoda) merciful glance fall on all of us so that we may be protected from the clutches of maya and smoothly progress in our devotional service"
- The drunkard does not derive any profit out of drinking, but because he has become a servant of the drinking habit and does not wish to get out of it, the merciful Lord gives him all facilities to fulfill such desires
- The glories of Lord Gopala, who is merciful to brahmanas, are very great. The narration of Saksi-gopala was spoken by Nityananda Prabhu and heard by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The gopis said, "Your instructions to women to be faithful to their husbands and merciful to their children, to take care of household affairs and to be obedient to the elder members of the family, are surely just according to the tenets of the sastras"
- The law of satiation acts materially, but there is no scope for it in the spiritual realm. The word infallible is significant here, because although the Lord has mercifully descended on earth, He is still infallible
- The Lord is by nature very merciful, and when He sees that His servant is working without desires for material profit, naturally He is conquered
- The Lord is merciful even to the women, sudras and dvija-bandhus, provided they agree to visit the temple of worship in different forms made for them. Such temple visitors are not idolaters, as alleged by some men with a poor fund of knowledge
- The Lord is so merciful that even if there is some impediment for the devotee, He Himself manages matters in such a way that the devotee is not bereft of having audience at His lotus feet. There is a very good example in the life of Haridasa Thakura
- The Lord killed many inimical nondevotees, but they all received sarupya; in other words, they returned to their original spiritual bodies. One who does not know the Lord's position says that God is unkind to him but merciful to others
- The madhyama-adhikari is a devotee who worships the Supreme Personality of Godhead as the highest object of love, makes friends with the Lord's devotees, is merciful to the ignorant and avoids those who are envious by nature
- The merciful Lord left behind Him the great teachings of the Bhagavad-gita so that one can take the instructions of the Lord even when He is not visible to material eyesight
- The messenger concluded, "All the kings are very anxious to see You (Krsna) so that they can all personally surrender at Your lotus feet. My dear Lord, be merciful upon them and act for their good fortune"
- The pious kings were not merciful to dacoits and thieves in the name of nonsensical ahimsa (nonviolence)
- The poor spiritual master is kind and merciful enough to accept a disciple and suffer for that disciple's sinful activities, but Krsna, being merciful to His servant, neutralizes the reactions of sinful deeds for the servant who engages in preaching
- The second-class devotee is he who is merciful and compassionate to the fallen soul
- The Supreme Lord bestows the most merciful benediction upon human society when He appears in His human form. It is then that humanity gets the opportunity to engage in different kinds of eternal service to the Lord
- The symptom of a qualified king or political leader is mentioned herein - he must be very merciful and compassionate to the people and see to their prime interest, which is to become elevated devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Then Krsna, who is the life of all that lives, simply cast His merciful glance over them, and all the (cowherd) boys and cows regained consciousness and began to look at one another with great astonishment
- These (being very merciful toward the unfortunate, very powerful, superior, chivalrous, enthusiastic, expert and truthful) decorations were manifested in the character of Krsna during His Govardhana-lila
- This land of Vrndavana (Vrajabhumi) is glorified today because Your (Balarama) lotus feet have touched her earth and grass, Your fingernails have touched her trees and creepers, and Your merciful eyes have glanced upon her rivers, hills, birds and beasts
- This movement means taking mercy from the ocean of mercy of Krsna and distribute it all over the world, so that again the merciful water goes down to the sea
- Vaisnava is very kind-hearted, merciful, because he feels for others. He feels for others in this sense that he knows what he is. He sees every living entity as part and parcel of God
- Varuna said, "My dear Lord Krsna, Govinda, be merciful upon me - here is Your father. You can take him back immediately." In this way Lord Krsna, the SP of Godhead, rescued His father and presented him before his friends, bringing them great jubilation
- We Kurus, can't allow them (the Yadus) to do any more of these things, nor shall we allow them to use these royal insignias. Best to take all these things away; it is improper to feed a snake with milk, since merciful activities simply increase his venom
- We write: "We trust in God," but we make discrimination. If you trust in God, then you must be equally kind and merciful to all living entities. That is God consciousness
- When a neophyte devotee deviates from the path of pure devotion and wants to simultaneously enjoy sense gratification and discharge devotional service, the all-merciful Lord very tactfully corrects...
- When I received the news sent me by your husband to Jayananda that you are going to be operated, I was little bit perturbed, but immediately I submitted my prayer to Krishna, and I am so glad that Krishna is so merciful
- When people are demoniac in spirit, they are not merciful toward the poor animals. Consequently, they maintain various animal slaughterhouses. This is technically called suna, or himsa, which means the killing of living beings
- When Queen Arci saw that her husband (King Prthu), who had been so merciful to her and the earth, no longer showed symptoms of life, she lamented for a little while and then built a fiery pyre on top of a hill and placed the body of her husband on it
- When the Lord heard the humble petition made by the people, His heart softened. Being very merciful, He immediately came out and gave audience to all of them
- While resting in Satyabhama-pura, he dreamed that a celestially beautiful woman came before him and very mercifully gave him the following order
- Your acknowledgement, Krishna has been very merciful to me, is remarkable. You are realizing the fruit of chanting
- Yudhisthira said, "Actually, we are fit to be punished by You (Krsna), but the wonder is that instead of punishing us You so kindly and mercifully accept our orders and carry them out properly"