Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
meat | meats
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Meat"
The following 39 pages are in this category, out of 39 total.
- A small piece of meat they are eating, not very much. But for these small pieces, so many population, huge quantity of slaughterhouse is being maintained
- All sinful activity. Ugra-karma. And if you drink wine, then you must require meat. Otherwise your liver function will be bad. There must be lump of meat. And as soon as wine and meat combine, then you require illicit sex
- Authoritatively advised not to accept meat
- Bali Mardan says that taking milk is also the same as eating meat, therefore you can eat meat. Therefore does it mean that because what I eat all turns to stool, then I should eat stool?
- By bhajana-kriya one attains freedom from the contamination of materialistic life. He no longer goes to a restaurant or hotel to taste so-called palatable dishes made with meat and onions, nor does he care to smoke or drink tea or coffee
- Ganges water is considered to be pious. So he thinks by cooking meat in the Ganges water, it has become purified. You see? This is our mentality
- Generally the goddess Kali is offered food containing meat and fish, and therefore Kasyapa Muni strictly forbade his wife (Diti) to take the remnants of such food
- Generally the goddess Kali is offered food containing meat and fish, and therefore Kasyapa Muni strictly forbade his wife to take the remnants of such food. Actually a Vaisnava is not allowed to take any food offered to the demigods
- How from milk in different stages you get this foodstuff, kacuris, srngara, sandesa, rabri. And this chana, if fried, if you prepare nicely with little hing and ginger, then it will exactly taste like meat. They'll forget
- Human beings who are accustomed to eating meat and flesh must also depend on the production of vegetation in order to eat the animals
- I did not go to your country taking Vrndavana with me. I had to stay in places where in the refrigerator there is meat. And I was cooking. When opened it I saw, "Here is meat. All right, what can be done? Hare Krsna." That's all
- I never expected. When I came first in Boston, I was thinking, "Oh, who will accept these Vaisnava rules and regulations? These people are after meat and wine and illicit sex, and how they will accept it?"
- I say that you cannot take meat, you cannot smoke. So all my students, they were accustomed to this habit, but by my order they have restrained
- If Krsna says that "You give me meat," then we can offer Krsna meat also. But Krsna does not say that. Krsna says, "Give Me fruits, flowers, grains." So we have no quarrel with the meat-eaters. Let them do whatever he likes
- If majority of the people are meat-eater, then meat is very good, full of vitamin. Therefore it is folly to be wise where ignorance is bliss. But we have to see what is the standard. Standard is given in the Bhagavad-gita
- Mayavadis certainly realize Brahman in certain aspects, but realization of Brahman in the aspects of wine, women and meat is not the same realization of Brahman that devotees achieve by chanting, dancing and eating prasadam
- Meat-eating is also there in the Hindu society, but that is only by goat's meat or lamb's meat, generally goat. Generally goat. Now, these goats are sacrificed before a goddess Kali
- The meat-eaters, they have no brain to understand about the Absolute Truth. It is no... They simply speculate. They cannot understand. It is not possible
- The Muslim minister made his residence in the Durga-mandapa of Ramacandra Khan. He killed a cow and cooked the meat at that very place
- The real purpose of a sacrifice was not to replace a slaughterhouse but to test a Vedic mantra by giving an animal new life. Animals were used to test the power of Vedic mantras, not for meat
- They are also already divided. But the culture diminished. Because the center of culture was India, Delhi. So as the power diminished, the maintenance of the culture diminished, and by contact with other types of aboriginal, they learned eating meat
- This practice (Demons eating meat and flesh without discrimination) is still prevalent in India, and those who eat meat and fish are generally called demons and Raksasas
- To stop this attraction of the tongue, one is authoritatively advised not to accept meat or similar uneatable things nor to allow the tongue to hanker to drink or smoke. Even the drinking of tea and coffee is not permitted
- We kill all animals, and the hospital patient is given the meat for improvement of the health. But he does not know that this is not curing; he is become implicated in his karma
- We should understand that He will not accept meat, fish and eggs. Vegetables, grains, fruits, milk and water are the proper foods for human beings and are prescribed by Lord Krsna Himself
- When it is decomposed and rotten, it is tasteful. It is very tasteful, they say. I do not know. I have never taken meat in my life. So I do not know. So anyway, according to different position, the taste is also different. The hog taste is eat like stool
- Where there are women and meat, there must be liquor and sex indulgence. When these are prominent in society, by God's grace one can expect a change in the social order by the Lord Himself or by His bona fide representative
- Without Vedic restrictions on the purchase of meat, people will purchase meat from the market, which will be overflooded with meat shops, and slaughterhouses will increase
- You can cook in your own taste, but it must be from this group - vegetables, fruits, grains and milk - not meat
- You'll find in our temple, we are cooking so many nice preparations. Perhaps you have tasted some of them. But we are not preparing tea or coffee or meat - nothing. These are anarthas. What is the necessity?