Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
mean | means
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Pages in category "Mean"
The following 67 pages are in this category, out of 67 total.
- Although people may be enemies, in order to fulfill their desires again and again, they sometimes get married. Unfortunately, these marriages do not last very long, and the people involved are separated again by divorce or other means
- Another example is that although different rivers ultimately mix with the water of the sea, this does not mean that the individual identities of the rivers are thereby lost
- As material opulence can be achieved by ordinary material means, it can also be achieved by subtle means through mantras. By chanting mantras, Saubhari Muni arranged for material opulence, but this was not perfection in life
- As mentioned above, the word mayat is also used in the sense of "transformation"; sometimes it is also used to mean "by-product"
- As stated in Bhagavad-gita, God can also be pleased even by a fruit and a flower. When there is financial inability and no question of accumulating a dowry by another means, one can give a fruit and flower for the satisfaction of the bridegroom
- Because He was raised by Maharaja Nanda, Krsna was not a ksatriya but a vaisya. Vaisyas are generally called guptas, and the word gupta can also be used to mean "hidden"
- Bound by a network of hundreds of thousands of desires and absorbed in lust and anger, they (the demoniac) secure money by illegal means for sense gratification
- Brahmanya means one who fully possesses the brahminical qualifications
- By dividing this word (yaminyamusitah) into two, it came out to mean that He was kidnapped by Yamini, or night. Krsna therefore replied to Radharani, "My dear Radharani, is it possible that night can kidnap Me?"
- Bygone ages never witnessed such huge, complex arrangements for gross materialistic activities. Wrong and simply bad association has tightly bound up the innocent populace in mean activities
- Education does not mean having academic degrees only. One should execute what he has learned in his personal life
- Even a high-court judge, because he has to spend more than his income, he adopted these vile means of living. The trend of modern civilization is like that. They unnecessarily increase their expenditure and adopt these all vile means
- For the time being, people may remain friends, but eventually they become enemies again and fight over money. Sometimes they marry and then separate by divorce or other means. On the whole, unity is never permanent
- From the very moment of His appearance to the moment of His disappearance, every one of His activities is unparalleled in the history of the world, and therefore anyone who knows what we mean by Godhead will accept Krsna as the SP of Godhead
- From this statement of Indra it appears that anyone attempting to go to the higher planetary systems by mechanical means, which are here called maya, is condemned to go the hellish planets in the lower portion of the universe
- I have built the skyscraper skeleton, now you all intelligent American and European boys and girls fill in the spaces nicely in good taste. Do not deviate from our high standard. That will mean great dishonor to me
- I shall be glad to answer all your questions in this regard, after reading the Anubhasya explanation given by Srila Prabhupada. In the meantime, if possible, kindly explain what you mean by Visnupad and what you mean by Prabhupada
- I wish that all those calamities would happen again and again so that we could see You again and again, for seeing You means that we will no longer see repeated births and deaths
- In free life one can go from one home to another home, but in prison life one cannot do that but must stay in his cell. All these planets are like cells. We are trying to go to the moon, but it is not practical by mechanical means
- In India there are many temples, but it does not mean that I shall not also establish some temples. Just like there is overpopulation. It does not mean that one should not beget child
- In the Brahma-samhita, Brahma is describing means from the very creation. Brahma is the first creature of this universe. So he has explained about Krsna by his experience, by his realization
- It is Narada only who can deliver the path of bhakti-yoga, the highest mystic means for attainment of the Supreme Lord
- It is not that by artificial means we are getting krsna-prema. It is already there
- Let them chant Hare Krsna somehow or other. "We don't want to be bothered by Hare Krsna." That means chanting Hare Krsna
- Liberation from Maya means engaging himself in the service of the Lord. So one should strive to become a servant of the Supreme, and in that position he is automatically liberated and free from the clutches of Maya
- Mahattamanam abhidhana also means dictionary of great devotees, or a book full of the words of great devotees. Such a dictionary of the words of great devotees and those of the Lord are in the Vedas and allied literatures
- Majority or minority, it doesn't matter. But why you should take Bhagavad-gita to establish your rascal theories? That means you are cheating
- Materialistic men do not care for a married chaste wife. They take the wife only as an instrument for sense enjoyment, not as a means for devotional service
- Mistaking the rope for a snake does not mean that the rope or the snake is false, and therefore this example, used by the Mayavadis to illustrate the falsity of the material world, is not valid
- Samplavah, in the sense of "perfect means," is employed to denote the discharging of devotional service, and pratisamplavah means just the opposite, or that which destroys the progress of devotional service
- Some of the energy is temporary - sometimes manifested and sometimes unmanifested - but this does not mean that it is false
- Srila Rupa Gosvami therefore declares that if one rejects this material world as false, not considering the importance of this material world as a means to serve the Supreme Personality of Godhead, such renunciation has very little value
- Suppose you are a government servant. You are serving in the secretariat. But tomorrow you become Hindu or Muslim or Christian. But do you mean to say that your service in the government will be changed also? No. That will continue
- The cause or basis for relishing transcendental mellow is exactly what we mean by vibhava. This vibhava is divided into two - namely, basic and impetuous
- The example may be given that when a person is angry he does things which are different from his normal condition of life, but the fact that the mood of anger appears and disappears does not mean that the energy of anger is false
- The form you are seeing with your transcendental eyes cannot be understood simply by studying the Vedas, nor by undergoing serious penances, nor by charity, nor by worship. It is not by these means that one can see Me as I am
- The forms which Krsna assumed were each and every one full Visnu. The specific word used in this connection is satya-jnananantananda: satya means truth; jnana, full knowledge; ananta, unlimited; and ananda, full bliss
- The gopis said, "There are many means of protection, but when one is doomed, none of the protective measures can help, and without Your protection the so-called sources of protection simply become sources of continued distress"
- The lowest stage is the karmis. Karmis means those who are working very hard for sense gratification. They are called karmis. And the next stage is the jnani. Wiser than the karmis, they try to realize the value of life, what is the value of life
- The negation of material existence does not necessarily mean spiritual existence. After material existence is negated, spiritual existence - namely sac-cid-ananda - still may not be manifested
- The philosophy of voidism, impersonalism is like that. Mean they cannot, shudder, to think of another life, again eating, again sleeping, again working. Because he thinks eating, sleeping, means on the bed. That's all
- The son inherits mother's quality, and the daughter inherits father's quality. So because the grandfather of Vena Maharaja was a bad man, his daughter means Sunitha, the mother of Vena, she became bad
- The Supreme Lord is known as aja, or unborn. Similarly, the material nature is called aja. Both these terms, aja and aja, mean "unborn"
- The Upanisads describe in different ways the transcendental qualities of the Supreme Lord. The Absolute Truth, the Supreme Lord, is called nirguna. That does not mean He has no qualities
- There is a bila, or hole, from which, having entered, one does not return. The Haryasvas understood the meaning of this allegory. Hardly once has a person who has entered the lower planetary system called Patala been seen to return
- There is no birth and death for either the Lord or the living entities. When creation takes place, this does not mean that the living entities are created
- They (the gopis), according to Vedic principle, it is sinful (going to a young man). But because it was related with Krsna, they became purified. That means any way, if one comes in contact with Krsna, he becomes purified. Even though he's sinful
- This earth was formerly known as Ilavrta-varsa, and when Maharaja Pariksit ruled the earth it was called Bharata-varsa. Actually, Bharata-varsa is the name for the entire planet, but gradually Bharata-varsa has come to mean India
- This is called duskrtinah. Duskrtinah, mean one has got merit, it is being spoiled for doing something wrong
- This movement means I am serving God. What do you mean by serving? If Krsna says that "You obey Me," and if I say that "You obey Krsna," is it not service?
- This woman (Diti), my wife, has adopted a means that follows her nature, and therefore she is not to be blamed. But I (Kasyapa Muni) am a man. Therefore, all condemnation upon me!
- We should adopt that means. Anyone who is opposing, give him good beating
- When a man earns money by unfair means and maintains his family and himself with that money, the money is enjoyed by many members of the family, but he alone goes to hell
- When I say Lord Buddha cheated, we don't mean that Lord Buddha was a cheater like ordinary man. No. He had to accept some means to lead them to God worship
- When you confess your sinful activities before the higher authorities, before the representative of God, Lord Jesus Christ, or God, or Krsna, your sinful activities are finished. That's all right. But that does not mean that you shall go again
- Whenever the word brahman appears, the impersonalists take this to mean the impersonal effulgence, the brahma-jyotir. Actually, however, Para-brahman, the Supreme Brahman, is Krsna, Vasudeva
- While continuously staring at the tip of the nose, a learned yogi practices the breathing exercises through the technical means known as puraka, kumbhaka and recaka - controlling inhalation and exhalation and then stopping them both
- Wrong and simply bad association has tightly bound up the innocent populace in mean activities. But the learned man, the karma-yogi, can show society how to perform all these activities for the satisfaction of the Lord
- You are not thinking it is hellish? This is hellish planet. What do you mean by hellish planet? Especially this London, (laughter) always dark and moist, and what do you want more, hellish?
- You go to the Parliament and Westminster Abbey. They have kept all the statues of Sir Isaac Newton and this Churchill, this.... Mean, they want to show that "It is only our nation who has produced all these intelligent persons"
- You women, you cannot see that this so-called equal right means cheating the woman