Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
madman | madman's | madmen | madwoman | madwomen | "mad man"|"mad woman"
Pages in category "Madman"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.
- A devotee, in the course of executing the regulative principles of devotional service, develops his natural Krsna consciousness, and being thus softened at heart he chants and dances like a madman
- A madman will say, "I have no anxiety." But no sane man will say that "I am free of anxiety." This is material life. So if you want to become free of anxieties, then you come to the spiritual life. That is the only remedy
- A person who is not Krsna conscious, or God conscious, he is basically a mad man and requires treatment
- Advaita Acarya jokingly said, "My dear Nityananda, I invited You, and indeed I have received the results. You have no fixed caste or dynasty. By nature You are a madman"
- After accepting the feature of avadhuta, a great saintly person without material cares, Lord Rsabhadeva passed through human society like a blind, deaf and dumb man, an idle stone, a ghost or a madman
- An acarya who exhibited love of God like a madman
- At the last stage of his life, Emperor Rsabhadeva wandered like a dumb madman, unaffected by all kinds of bodily mistreatment
- Because he cannot fix up his mind, he cannot work properly. Therefore he is called madman. So our process is that we cannot control the mind. But if we engage the mind on the lotus feet of Krsna, then everything is controlled. Krsna will help
- Because people are not educated in terms of the goal of life, they are working like madmen and becoming more and more attached to the material atmosphere
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami says that sometimes persons who have no love of Godhead at all display ecstatic bodily symptoms. Artificially they sometimes laugh, cry and dance just like madmen, but this cannot help one progress in Krsna consciousness
- Both of them (Bhimasena and Duryodhana) then became like madmen in remembering the strong accusations and ill behavior they had exchanged with each other
- Each day and night, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would become deranged in this way and talk like a madman
- Every devotee in Krsna consciousness should always be afraid of the common man engaged in pursuing material prosperity. Such a person is described as pramatta, a madman chasing the will-o'-the-wisp
- Examples of anubhava as follows: dancing, rolling on the ground, singing very loudly, stretching the body, crying loudly, yawning, breathing very heavily, neglecting the presence of others, drooling, laughing like a madman, wheeling the head and belching
- Gauranga Bolite Habe, 1969 Jan 5 - Pulaka-sarira means shivering on the body. When one is factually situated in the transcendental platform, sometimes there are eight kinds of symptoms: crying, talking like a madman, and shivering of the body
- God will come and drive you away from your present pride, prestigious position, "Get out." So unless one is madman, he cannot say, "There is no God." Anyone who denies the existence of God, he is a madman
- Gosvami Sukadeva, after leaving his paternal home, was roaming like a madman, and therefore it was very difficult for the citizens to recognize him in his exalted position
- If anyone desires to be treated, he must live with us. Before admitting him, we must see that he is not a mad man and will not create a disturbance
- If there is no brain, there is no head. If the brain is not working properly, then he's a madman. And if there is no head at all, then he's a dead man. So do you think in a dead society or in a mad society there can be any peace?
- If you want to introduce they will accuse you, so many, like madmen. And still we have to do. That is preaching. You cannot expect very smooth life in preaching
- It is said that everyone is pramattah, or exclusively mad. Nunam pramattah kurute vikarma: when one becomes almost like a madman, he indulges in sex and sense gratification
- Naked like a madman, sometimes laughing and sometimes crying, he (Lord Siva) smears crematorium ashes all over his body. He does not bathe regularly, and he ornaments his body with a garland of skulls and bones
- Nakula Brahmacari became exactly like a man haunted by a ghost. Thus he sometimes laughed, sometimes cried, sometimes danced and sometimes chanted like a madman
- One cannot immediately reach the coast, but if one endeavors, he can cross the ocean of material existence by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mercy. One may be very eager to cross this ocean, but he cannot attain success by acting like a madman
- Our Krsna consciousness movement is trying to educate people to cure his disease of forgetfulness. He has forgotten simply. Just like a madman forgets who is his father, who is his mother, he talks nonsense, sometimes he calls ill names. Mad
- Please do not think of me as a wonderful or a mad man when I say that I shall go "Back to Godhead'' after leaving my present material body! It is quite possible for everyone and all of us
- Prahlada Maharaj says that even in his childhood, when he was loudly speaking the glories of the Lord, he used to dance just like a shameless madman
- Pramattah, just like madman. He does not know why he has become mad. He forgets. And by his activities, what is going to happen next, he does not know. Madman
- Sinner is illusioned. He's mad. If you hate him, then how you can deliver him? Therefore those who are devotees, those who are really servant of God, they have no hate for anyone
- So anyone who is not Krsna conscious, he's mayayapahrta-jnana (BG 7.15). He's madman. Actually everyone is mad. That is the medical report
- So this civilization, modern civilization, is just like madman civilization. They have no knowledge of past life, neither they are interested in the future life
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu therefore informed Ramananda Raya that they both appeared like madmen and were therefore on the same platform
- Such mad laughing is an expression of the condition of the heart, which is technically called atta-hasa
- The brahmana is compared with the brain of the body. Unless there is brain, what is the use of these hands and legs? If one's brain is cracked, madman, he cannot do anything
- The devotee says, "My dear Lord, O lotus-eyed one, when will that day come when on the bank of the Yamuna, I shall become just like a madman and continue to chant Your holy name while incessant tears flow from my eyes"
- The hippies are nothing but a group of madmen, that's all
- They (Cowherd boys) were sometimes lying down on the ground, sometimes rolling in the dust, sometimes laughing and sometimes running very swiftly. All of these symptoms gave them the appearance of madmen
- They have been described here as pramattah, madmen. He does not know what is the real problem, but he is very busy with the superficial problems
- They thought, "This Ramananda Raya is the Governor of Madras, a highly learned and grave person, a maha-pandita, but upon touching this sannyasi he has become restless like a madman"
- This body means combination of senses, but above the senses there is the mind. If the mind is disturbed, the senses cannot act. If the mind is in disorder, then the man is called mad, because he cannot use his senses properly
- This is another instance of becoming like a madman in the ecstasy of devotion
- To chant the holy name of Krsna one does not need to speculate on the philosophical aspects of the science of God, for one automatically becomes ecstatic and without consideration immediately chants, dances, laughs, cries and sings just like a madman
- To make Me a madman like Yourself, You have thrown the remnants of Your food at Me. You did not even fear the fact that I am a brahmana
- We have seen in India, a madman lies down on the street. That is not in your country? But he thinks that he's safe. He's not safe. Similarly, we are, because we are mad, by the influence of maya, we are not safe
- When a devotee laughs very loudly like a madman, it is done out of an extraordinary agitation of ecstatic love within the heart
- While performing chanting of the holy name of the Lord, he sometimes cries, sometimes talks wildly, sometimes sings, and sometimes - without caring for any outsider - dances like a madman
- Who is in Krsna consciousness, he sees everyone on the same level. How it is, that? Has he become a madman, that a highly intellectual person and the dog, he sees on the equal level? Yes. Because he is not seeing on the material platform