Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
low | lowly
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Low"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- A person who follows the Ratha-yatra car when the Rathas (Deities) pass in front or from behind, even if born of a lowly family, will surely be elevated to the position of achieving equal opulence with Visnu
- Although a conditioned soul may be fallen to the lowest position, such a lowly state will not prevent him from advancing in the spiritual science, provided he is innocent
- Although a fallen devotee may take his next birth in a low family, his devotional service will nonetheless resume from where it left off. Devotional service is ahaituky apratihata
- Another devotee expressed his impudency by saying: "My dear Lord, without considering my lowly position, I must confess to You that my eyes are just like black wasps, desiring to hover at Your lotus feet
- Aurangzeb, the Muslim emperor, introduced a tax especially meant for Hindus. Being oppressed in the Hindu community, many low-caste Hindus preferred to become Muslims. In this way the Muslim population increased
- Because of prarabdha, sinful reactions that have already fructified, one is seen to have taken birth in a low family or to be suffering from other miseries
- Being freed from differentiations like man, animal, big, low, etc., one becomes purified in his consciousness and able to develop Krsna consciousness in his spiritual identity
- Especially in this Kali-yuga, material advancement means degradation and attraction to many unwanted necessities that create a low mentality
- Even the low-born candalas and those who are born in a family of unbelievers, and even the prostitutes, shall attain perfection of life if they take shelter of unalloyed devotional service to Me
- Everyone is prone to fall down. But that percentage is very low, say, one in five hundred. We have got about ten thousand students all over the world. Out of them, they have fallen about ten or, say, fifteen, that's all
- Generally, those who are exalted personalities lie down when they feel intoxicated, whereas those who are mediocre laugh and sing during intoxication, and those who are lowly use vulgar language and sometimes cry
- Great saintly persons, they are sitting in a lowly place, alone. But he is not alone. He is with Narayana, Krsna. He is seeing always there. So he is not alone
- If a person has a low mentality, his future life will be most abominable
- In the lowest stage of devotional practice, a devotee is simply concerned with the Deity in the temple, and he worships the Lord with great devotion, according to rules and regulations
- Independence does not mean their position is very lower, no. Just like children. Children has no independence. No independence means they are well-protected. No independence does not meant that he has no independence to act. No. She has got
- It is very difficult to give up lust and the desires for low activities until one is in the line of devotional service to the Lord
- Mature sinful activities are exhibited if one is suffering from some chronic disease, if one is suffering from some legal implication, if one is born in a low and degraded family, or if one is uneducated or very ugly
- Men who are not satisfied at home require such concessions, and if there is no prostitute, then such low men will induce others into prostitution
- O learned devotees, I am by nature ignorant and low, yet even though it is from me that the Vidagdha-madhava has come, it is filled with descriptions of the transcendental attributes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- One may be very learned in the mundane estimation, but that does not mean that he is free from all low activities of lust and anger
- One should overlook a devotee's having a body born in a low family, a body with a bad complexion, a deformed body, or a diseased or infirm body
- Pradyumna said, "My sisters-in-law will play jokes upon me with sarcastic words" ‘My dear hero, how have you become such a coward? How have you become a eunuch? How have you become so low in the eyes of the fighters who opposed you?'
- Prahlada Maharaja speaks of the vipras, the learned brahmanas. The learned brahmana is considered best among the divisions of brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya and sudra, but a devotee born in a low candala family is better than such brahmanas
- Rising very gradually and wiping his two eyes, Lord Brahma looked up at Mukunda. Lord Brahma, his head bent low, his mind concentrated and his body trembling, very humbly began, with faltering words, to offer praises to Lord Krsna
- Romaharsana Suta had been given the chance to become a perfect brahmana, but because of his ill behavior in his relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, his low birth was immediately remembered
- The disc of the Lord is called Sudarsana because he does not discriminate between high and low criminals or demons
- The Gayatri Mantra should be sung in a low whispering voice
- The heat in the fire is Krsna. According to Vedic medicine, indigestion is due to a low temperature in the belly. So even for digestion fire is needed
- The interest rate here in the west is very low now, so I am thinking very seriously to invest about 410,000 dollars (approximately 32 lakhs rupees)
- The Lord will not accept a brahmana who has studied the four Vedas if he is not a devotee but He will accept someone from a very low family if he is a pure devotee
- The power of speaking became manifested from the mouth of Brahma, the ocean from his penis, and low and abominable activities from his anus, the source of all sins
- The Supreme Lord Sri Krsna is the father of all living entities, who are placed in different high and low positions according to their desires or aspirations. Some of them are specifically endowed with powers by the will of the Lord
- These boys, although they are young men, they will never go to cinema. They are young men; they have got all propensities. But they are so elevated, they have given up all these low propensities - going to the club, restaurant and cinema, or naked dance
- To practice yoga, one should go to a secluded place and should lay kusa grass on the ground and then cover it with a deerskin and a soft cloth. The seat should be neither too high nor too low and should be situated in a sacred place
- To practice yoga, one should go to a secluded place and should lay kusa grass on the ground and then cover it with a deerskin and a soft cloth. The seat should neither be too high nor too low and should be situated in a sacred place