Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
limb | limbs | limb's
Pages in category "Limb"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- A human being is different from other human beings and different from the animals. Even in his own body, there are different bodily limbs
- Actually his (Jada Bharata) body was as strong as a bull's, and his limbs were very muscular. He didn't care for winter or summer, wind or rain, and he never covered his body at any time
- After the construction of the bridge, a fire was set all over the kingdom of Ravana. During the fighting with Ravana, every part of his limbs was slashed to pieces by Your (Ramacandra) sharp arrows, and his heads fell to the face of the earth
- Although Jambavan was the strongest living entity of that time, practically all the joints of his bodily limbs became slackened and his strength was reduced practically to nil, for he was struck constantly by the fists of Sri Krsna
- Devotional service to the Lord is rendered by all limbs or parts of the body. It is the transcendental dynamic force of the spirit soul; therefore a devotee is engaged one hundred percent in the service of the Lord
- Different limbs of the body may act in different ways, but the ultimate objective is to maintain the entire body. Similarly, if we work for the satisfaction of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, we will find that we satisfy everything
- Fatigue is felt after walking a long distance, after dancing and after sex activity. In this kind of fatigue there is dizziness, perspiration, inactivity of the limbs, yawning and very heavy breathing
- For example, the different parts of the body cannot be taken as equal to the whole; rather, the whole body is the controller of the different limbs
- He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) can enjoy anything through any part of His body, and therefore He is omnipotent. The limbs of a material body can perform only a particular function; for example, the hands can hold but cannot see or hear
- He fell down to the ground of Vrndavana and died. The demon fell exactly like Tripurasura, who was pierced by the arrow of Lord Siva. Trnavarta hit a stone slab, and his limbs were smashed. His body became visible to all the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- If a limb of one's body is poisoned by disease, it must be amputated so that the rest of the body may live happily. Similarly, even one's own son, if unfavorable, must be rejected, although born of one's own body
- If a limb refuses to execute its usual duty, it becomes useless to the body. Similarly, if our activities are not focused on Lord Krsna, they are rendered impotent and valueless
- If one supplies water to the root of a tree, all the parts of the tree, such as the leaves and branches, are automatically satisfied, and if one supplies food to the stomach, all the limbs of the body - the hands, legs, fingers, etc. - are nourished
- Immediately afterward (Kardama Muni impregnated Devahuti with nine discharges of semen), on the same day, Devahuti gave birth to nine female children, all charming in every limb and fragrant with the scent of the red lotus flower
- In order to convince the yogi that the Absolute Truth, or Supreme Personality of Godhead, is never impersonal at any time, the following verses prescribe observing the Lord in His personal form, limb after limb
- In the absence of consciousness, the limbs of the body remain inactive. But when consciousness returns, the limbs and senses become active, and existence itself becomes delightful
- In the Brahma-samhita it is said, angani yasya sakalendriya-vrttimanti: Krsna can perform the activities of one limb with any other limb. So by analytical study of Krsna and His person, it is concluded that He is the complete whole
- In the Brahma-samhita it is stated that the body of the Lord is all-spiritual; there is no difference between the Lord’s body and His self. Each limb of His body can perform the actions of all the others
- In this way Lord Krsna confirmed the statement of the Brahma-samhita that every limb of His body is capable of doing everything He likes
- It is explained in the Brahma-samhita that each limb of the Lord has the potency of every other limb; because everything is spiritual, His parts are not conditioned
- King Nagnajit continued, "Until now they (seven bulls) have never been subdued by any prince; anyone who has attempted to bring them under control has simply had his limbs broken"
- Krsna said to Radharani, "Your sweet words defeat the vibrations of the cuckoo, and Your limbs are cooler than the pulp of sandalwood"
- Nalakuvara & Manigriva said: May our hands and other limbs be engaged in Your service and our minds always be concentrated at Your lotus feet and our heads always bowed down before the all-pervading universal form of Your Lordship
- Next his (the person who was engaged in criminal sense gratification) limbs are lopped off and torn asunder by elephants. He is hurled down from hilltops, and he is also held captive either in water or in a cave
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "Although My body lends fragrance to the entire creation, the scent of Radharani's limbs captivates My mind and heart"
- One feels fatigue after walking a long distance, after dancing and after sexual activity. In this kind of fatigue there is dizziness, perspiration, inactivity of the limbs, yawning and very heavy breathing
- Sometimes a devotee in santa-rasa yawns, stretches his limbs, instructs on devotional service, offers respectful obeisances unto the form of the Lord, offers nice prayers to the Lord and has a desire to give direct service with his body
- Sometimes Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's hands, legs and head would all enter within His body, just like the withdrawn limbs of a tortoise
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear friends, you are all My life and soul; therefore I tell you that I possess no wealth of love for Krsna. Consequently My life is poverty-stricken. My limbs and senses are useless"
- Sri Daruka did not relish his ecstatic feelings of love, for they caused his limbs to become stunned and thus obstructed his service of fanning Lord Krsna
- The demigods are considered to be different parts of the universal body of the Lord, and therefore the ultimate purpose in worshiping them is to please the Lord by partially worshiping His different limbs
- The devotee said, "Our limbs are being shrunken and faded because You (Krsna) have been taken away from us"
- The limbs of the body do not act for self-satisfaction but for the satisfaction of the complete whole. Similarly, the living entity who acts for satisfaction of the supreme whole and not for personal satisfaction is the perfect sannyasi, the perfect yogi
- The performance of different yajnas for the demigods is considered to be worship of the limbs of the Supreme Lord
- The personalist worships the Lord out of a great sense of gratitude, utilizing the ingredients born out of the bodily limbs of the Lord
- The sun-god and other demigods mentioned in the Vedic scriptures are described as different limbs of the body of Lord Krsna, and it is the duty of the householder to offer respects to the demigods and great sages, as well as the forefathers
- The Supreme Lord, who is known as the yajna-purusa, or the personal beneficiary of all sacrifices, is the master of all the demigods, who serve Him as the different limbs of the body serve the whole
- The tortoise, as soon as he likes, he opens his different limbs from the body, and as soon as he does not like, immediately winds within the body. So we should be like that. That is real sense control
- There are certain characteristics of different limbs which are considered to be very auspicious and are fully present in the body of the Lord
- There are many parts of the body - the senses, the limbs, the skin, the muscles, blood, marrow, etc. - and all these are considered here figuratively as sons, grandsons, citizens and dependents
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to make a resting place with flowers and how to decorate clothing and limbs with colorful paintings. They also learned how to set valuable jewels in ornaments
- When Srimati Radharani first saw Krsna, She suddenly became conscious of all transcendental happiness, and the functions of Her different limbs were stunned
- When the beautiful princesses of the serpent kings, hoping for the Lord's (Ananta) auspicious blessing, smear His arms with aguru pulp, sandalwood pulp and kunkuma, the touch of His limbs awakens lusty desires within them
- When we refer to the body, we include the external gross body with its various limbs, as well as the mind, intelligence and ego. In old age these all become weak when they are attacked by different diseases
- With great strength Lord Krsna began to pull the rope, which was tied to the mortar. As soon as He pulled, the two trees, with all their branches and limbs, fell down immediately with a great sound