Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
lie | lies | lied | lying
- This category refers to "lie" meaning falsehood, or the telling of falsehood
- For "lie" meaning to recline or to rest upon or within something, please see the Category:Lie - Lay.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Lie (falsehood)"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- Being afraid of His mother, Krsna replied, “My dear mother, all these boys, including My elder brother, Balarama, are speaking lies against Me
- Bhismadeva advised for all human beings nine qualifications: (1) not to become angry, (2) not to lie, (3) to equally distribute wealth, (4) to forgive, (5) to beget children only by one's legitimate wife, (6) to be pure in mind and hygienic in body
- By too much addiction to intoxication, mercy is spoiled; and by too much lying propaganda, truthfulness is spoiled
- In our village even today, if there is a mutual fight between persons, they go the temple. Why? Even today, earlier it was more prevalent, in the temple no one lies. The matter is resolved
- It is said that in Kali-yuga lying is a common affair: mayaiva vyavaharike. Even in the most common dealings, people are accustomed to speaking so many lies
- It should be taken as a simple lie if a merchant says that he is not making a profit
- Kasyapa Muni said: My dear wife (Diti), to follow this vow, do not be violent or cause harm to anyone. Do not curse anyone, and do not speak lies. Do not cut your nails and hair, and do not touch impure things like skulls and bones
- Krsna presented Himself as an innocent child to increase the transcendental ecstasy of maternal affection. As described in the sastra, tadana-bhayan mithyoktir vatsalya-rasa-posika. This means that sometimes a small child speaks lies
- No one is free from the sinful reactions of speaking lies. Under the circumstances, one can just imagine how this has overburdened the earth, and indeed the entire universe
- Not for any reason shall we decrease the book sales and collection monthly over some small lying about Bangladesh or other things
- Now it appears that even the celestial denizens speak lies. Because I (Kamsa) believed in the words of the celestial denizens, I have committed so many sins by killing the children of my sister. My dear Vasudeva and Devaki, you are both very great souls
- Of course by their collecting more money and giving to Krsna, He will relieve them of all anxiety of telling lies. But not everyone is able to catch the big fish without themselves becoming wet
- One should know that without profit the merchant cannot exist. Therefore it should be taken as a simple lie if a merchant says that he is not making a profit
- Sometimes a merchant has to tell lies to make a profit. If he does not do so, there can be no profit. Sometimes a merchant says, "Oh, my dear customer, for you I am making no profit," but one should know that without profit the merchant cannot exist
- Such a sinful man (a person who in this life bears false witness or lies while transacting business or giving charity) is taken to the top of a mountain eight hundred miles high and thrown headfirst into the hell known as Avicimat
- That great souls cheat others may be astonishing to know, but it is a fact that great souls cheat others for a great cause. It is said that Lord Krsna also advised Yudhisthira to tell a lie before Dronacarya, and it was also for a great cause
- The conclusion is that everyone sees God at every moment, but the atheist class, they do not accept that he is seeing God. He denies or telling lies that he is not seeing God. But a devotee of God, he sees God at every moment within his heart
- The merchant should not think that because he is engaged in an occupation in which the telling of lies is compulsory, he should give up his profession and pursue the profession of a brahmana. That is not recommended
- This lie (Rukmi claimed that Balarama was the loser and that he himself had won), Balaramaji became most angry with Rukmi. His agitation was so sudden and great that it appeared like a tidal wave in the ocean on a full-moon day
- To lie or fail to honor a promise given to a brahmacari is never proper, for lying is the most sinful activity. Everyone should be afraid of the sinful reactions to lying, for mother earth cannot even bear the weight of a sinful liar
- We find it necessary and unavoidable in business dealings to speak lies - not to mention the volumes of lies that are spoken by members of the legal profession
- We may tell any damn thing to induce people to give us money on Krsna's behalf, that is not the point. The point is that by saying lies, the less advanced neophyte devotees may become entangled or disturbed in their minds by it
- We want that book selling must be increased as much as possible. This we want. The same thing. Let the child take medicine. Never mind the father is speaking lies. That is... Because as soon as he takes the medicine he'll be benefited