Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
lake | lakes | sarovara
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Lake"
The following 120 pages are in this category, out of 120 total.
- After bathing, the Lord stood on the bank of the lake and put on dry garments. After offering obeisances to Lord Nrsimhadeva, whose temple was nearby, the Lord entered a garden
- After climbing to the top of the tree, He tightened His belt cloth and, slapping His arms just like a wrestler, jumped into the midst of the poisonous lake. The kadamba tree from which Krsna jumped was the only tree there which was not dead
- After dancing a great deal, they all went to a nearby garden and took rest beside a lake
- After finishing the offering with all the required paraphernalia, they all took their baths together in the lakes constructed by Parasurama, which are known as the Rama-hrada
- After seeing the spiritual sky and the Vaikunthalokas, all the men, headed by Nanda Maharaja, felt wonderfully blissful, and upon coming out of the lake, they saw Krsna, who was being worshiped with excellent prayers
- After the eclipse, all the members of the Yadu dynasty again took their baths in the lakes created by Lord Parasurama. Then they sumptuously fed the brahmanas with first-class cooked food, all prepared in butter
- After thus performing pastimes in the garden for some time, they all went to a lake called Narendra-sarovara and there enjoyed sporting in the water
- All of them have already arrived on the bank of Lake Narendra and are waiting there. I desire residential quarters and prasadam arrangements for them
- All over Vrndavana there were nice gardens filled with flowers and the sounds of humming bees and singing birds. The lakes were filled with lotus flowers and with ducks and swans
- All the brahmana priests of the village gathered together with nine waterpots, and water from Govinda-kunda lake was brought there and filtered
- All the lakes were full of beautiful swans, ducks and cranes, crying occasionally with melodious sounds
- Another example is given in the Srimad-Bhagavatam of the elephant who enters into a lake and takes a bath very seriously, cleansing his body thoroughly
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, not only living animals but even inanimate objects like the rivers and lakes of Vrndavana also become stunned when Krsna passes with peacock feathers on His head and His body smeared with the minerals of Vrndavana"
- Another gopi said, "My dear Krsna, You are the life and soul even of the lotus flower that grows on the water of lakes made transparent by the clear rains of autumn. Although the lotus flowers are so beautiful, without Your glance they fade away"
- As soon as He saw Lord Jagannatha, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to chant and dance. Afterward, accompanied by His devotees, the Lord enjoyed sporting in the lake called Narendra-sarovara
- At Kaliya Lake, many people mistook a fisherman for Krsna. When some respectable people came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, they expressed their opinion that when one takes sannyasa, he becomes Narayana. Their mistake was corrected by the Lord
- At Kumbhakarna-kapala, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw a great lake and then the holy place named Siva-ksetra, where a temple of Lord Siva is located
- Baladeva's affection for Krsna is illustrated in this statement to Subala: "My dear friend, please inform Krsna not to go to Kaliya's lake today. Today is His birthday, and so I wish to go along with Mother Yasoda to bathe Him"
- Balarama and Krsna, along with all Their friends, played all kinds of sports and enjoyed the soothing atmosphere of Vrndavana, full of rivers, lakes, rivulets, fine trees and excellent gardens filled with fruits and flowers
- Because of its wonderful transcendental qualities, Radha-kunda is as dear to Krsna as Srimati Radharani. It was in that lake that the all-opulent Lord Sri Krsna performed His pastimes with Srimati Radharani with great pleasure and transcendental bliss
- Because of the bodily fragrance of the demigod damsels, the rivers, the lakes, the breeze and the entire atmosphere of Trikuta Mountain also become fragrant
- Because Saubhari Muni was expert in chanting mantras perfectly, his severe austerities resulted in an opulent home, with garments, ornaments, properly dressed & decorated maidservants & manservants & varieties of parks with clear-water lakes & gardens
- Because they (the puzzled people) were speculating with their imperfect knowledge, they saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as an ordinary human being and a boatman's light in the lake as Krsna
- Being overwhelmed with great pleasure, all the devotees hastily went to see the Lord (Caitanya). They met Him on the banks of the celebrated lake called Narendra-sarovara
- By nature's law, in autumn the dirty or muddy waters of rivers and lakes become very clean. At that time the lotus flowers growing in the lakes appear very bright and beautiful
- Dear Krsna, just as the elephant while taking bath in the lake destroys all the lotus stems within the water by swinging its trunk, so simply by moving Your arms, which are compared to the trunks of elephants, You have killed so many lotus-like enemies
- During the rainy season, many small ponds, lakes and rivulets become filled with water; otherwise, the rest of the year they remain dry
- He (Vidura) traveled where the air, hill, orchard, river and lake are all pure and sinless and where the forms of the Unlimited decorate the temples. Thus he performed the pilgrim's progress
- He mentally decorated both sides of the road with bakula flower trees, and at intervals on both sides he placed lakes of a transcendental nature
- Hellish lake of Krmibhojana
- Her (Putana's) abdomen seemed like a dried-up lake. All the cowherd men and women became struck with awe and wonder upon seeing this. And the tumultuous sound of her falling shocked their brains and ears and made their hearts beat strongly
- Her (Radharani's) kunda (lake) is as profoundly dear to Lord Krsna as this most beloved of the gopis
- I want that our lake in Mayapur should be like this. You can make the stone stairway on four sides, one at each end and one at the middle of each side
- If a big lake is covered all around by long kusa grass, just like columns, the waters dry up. Similarly, when the big columns of material desire increase, the clear water of consciousness is dried up
- In a valley of Trikuta there is a nice garden named Rtumat, which was constructed by Varuna, and in that area there is a very nice lake
- In other words, because of the scorching heat, the swans are leaving the lakes. This metaphor is used to describe the condition of the devotees separated from Krsna
- In that holy place (where the River Sindhu meets the sea), the Haryasvas began regularly touching the lake's waters and bathing in them. Gradually becoming very much purified, they became inclined toward the activities of paramahamsas
- In the city of King Puranjana, the branches of the trees standing on the bank of the lake received particles of water carried by the spring air from the falls coming down from the icy mountain
- In the example given here, the inhabitants of Vrndavana are compared to lakes filled with lotus flowers, and because of the scorching heat of separation from Krsna, the lakes - along with the lotus flowers of their lives - are being burned up
- In the morning, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took His bath in a lake called Manasa-ganga. He then circumambulated Govardhana Hill
- In this way they (Kaliya and his wives) pleased the master of Garuda, of whom they were very much afraid. Then, obeying the orders of Lord Krsna, all of them left the lake within the Yamuna
- In those days (during the time of Daksa) this (the place where the River Sindhu (now the Indus) meets the Arabian Sea) was the site of a holy lake named Narayana-saras, where there were many saintly persons
- In those parks there were nice lakes full of lotus flowers and beautiful lilies, and there were flocks of multicolored birds
- It is described herein that the lakes were decorated with lotus flowers and with swans who played and sang with the birds and the humming bees
- Kaliya, who is also known as Kadrusuta, son of Kadru, immediately fled to the lake known as Kaliya-hrada, which lay within the Yamuna River and which Garuda could not approach
- Kardama Muni advised his good wife (Devahuti) to bathe in Lake Bindu-sarovara so that she could revive the former beauty and luster of her body
- Krsna declared, "If one takes a bath in the Kaliya lake, where My cowherd boyfriends and I have bathed, or if one fasts for a day & offers oblations to the forefathers from the water of this lake, he will be relieved from all kinds of sinful reactions"
- Krsna is the supreme bliss. We therefore see Krsna always enjoying, jaya radha-madhava kunja-bihari. That is Krsna. He is always in company with Radharani, and kunja-bihari, and enjoying Her company in different kunjas
- Krsna led all the cowherd men, headed by Nanda Maharaja, to the lake where Akrura would later be shown the Vaikuntha planetary system. They took their bath immediately and saw the real nature of the Vaikunthalokas
- Krsna was once informed, "It is as if the lakes filled with lotus flowers have dried up from the scorching heat of separation from You"
- Krsna's hand is as fragrant as a lotus flower growing in Manasa-sarovara Lake, over the pearllike drops of perspiration on the faces of the gopis, and immediately the gopis became refreshed
- Later the pond was excavated by Lord Caitanya's devotees, headed first by the six Gosvamis, such as Rupa and Raghunatha dasa. Presently there is a large lake known as Radha-kunda there
- Lord Sri Krsna sometimes entered those lakes or the rivers with His wives and enjoyed swimming pastimes with them in full jubilation
- Merely seeing the moon from a distance cannot enable one to understand the real situation of the moon. One has to cross Manasa Lake and then Sumeru Mountain, and only then can one trace out the orbit of the moon
- My (Kardama Muni) dear Devahuti, you look very much afraid. First bathe in Lake Bindu-sarovara, created by Lord Visnu Himself, which can grant all the desires of a human being, and then mount this airplane
- Nalakuvara and Manigriva were great devotees of Lord Siva, but because of material opulence they became so extravagant and senseless that one day they were enjoying with naked girls in a lake and shamelessly walking here and there
- Nanda continued, "We simply think of Krsna - how He used to smile and how He looked upon us with grace. When we go to the banks of the Yamuna or the lakes of Vrndavana or near Govardhana Hill or the pasturing fields"
- Of all the gopis, Radharani is the dearmost. Similarly, the lake known as Radha-kunda is very dear to the Lord because it is very dear to Srimati Radharani
- On the top of the mountain called Udayagiri are large lakes from which water continuously pours in waterfalls. Similarly, Indra's carrier, Airavata, holds water and wine in reserve and showers it in the direction of Lord Indra
- One cowherd boy said, "Krsna saved His friends and cows from a severe forest fire, and He chastised the Kaliya serpent in the lake of the Yamuna River and forced him to leave the vicinity of the Yamuna; He thereby made the water of the Yamuna poisonless"
- Our satisfaction is never achieved, as the small rivulets, lakes and ponds are never filled with water in the dry season. Due to rainfall, the grass, trees and other vegetation look very green
- Simultaneously Krsna was engaged in different family affairs in those sixteen thousand palaces. In each and every one of the palaces there were nicely decorated gardens and lakes
- Since hundreds of men were engaged in bringing water from the lake, there was no place to stand on the banks. Consequently someone began to draw water from a well
- Small lake named Alakananda
- So the waters of the lakes and rivers of Vrndavana were in a happy mood, full of blooming lotus flowers, because the waters were thinking, "How is it that our son, the bamboo rod, is enjoying the nectar of Krsna's lips"
- Sometimes it is seen that cranes and ducks meander continually on the banks of the lakes and rivers, although the banks are filled with muddy garbage and thorny creepers
- Sometimes, even in the presence of Lord Krsna, they vividly described the pastimes they had enjoyed in the lake or river with Him. Some of such talk is described here
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bathed in all the celebrated lakes, beginning with Lake Pavana. Thereafter He climbed a hill and spoke to the people
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then took His bath in a lake called Govinda-kunda, and while He was there, He heard that the Gopala Deity had already gone to Ganthuli-grama
- Srila Rupa Gosvami recommends that even if one cannot live permanently on the banks of Radha-kunda, he should at least take a bath in the lake as many times as possible
- The bamboo trees standing by the banks of the rivers & the lakes were also happy to see their descendant so engaged in the service of the Lord, just as persons who are advanced in transcendental knowledge take pleasure in seeing their descendants engaged
- The beauty of the pleasant sounds heard in the area surrounding Lake Bindu-sarovara is described here. After drinking honey, the black bees became maddened, and they hummed in intoxication
- The celestial beings such as the Siddhas, Caranas and Gandharvas, who are also known as demigods, enjoy the facilities of those four lakes
- The crystal-clear water of the lakes contained many blooming lotus flowers of different colors like blue, yellow, white and red, and the saffron powder from the lotus flowers was blown all around by the breeze
- The holy Lake Bindu-sarovara, flooded by the waters of the River Sarasvati, was resorted to by hosts of eminent sages
- The holy Lake Bindu-sarovara, flooded by the waters of the River Sarasvati, was resorted to by hosts of eminent sages. Its holy water was not only auspicious but as sweet as nectar
- The inhabitants of those (Heavenly) planets enjoy life in a pleasing atmosphere of clear lakes filled with newly grown lotus flowers and gardens filled with fruits, flowers, various kinds of birds and humming bees
- The lakes and the rivers are considered to be the mothers of the trees because the trees live simply by drinking water
- The lakes of Vrndavana are surrounded by green grasses, and various kinds of lotus flowers bloom there, such as the kahlara, kanja and utpala, and the air blowing in Vrndavana carries the aromatic pollen of those lotus flowers
- The lakes, ponds, and rivers are cleansed and invigorated by the downpour of new rainwater and thus become most beautiful
- The leader of the elephants who lived in the forest of the mountain Trikuta once wandered toward the lake with his female elephants. He broke many plants, creepers, thickets and trees, not caring for their piercing thorns
- The next day, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Vrndavana and took His bath at Kaliya Lake and Praskandana
- The people replied, "Krsna has again manifested Himself on the waters of Kaliya Lake. He dances on the hoods of the serpent Kaliya, and the jewels on those hoods are blazing"
- The puzzled people who visited Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were actually seeing Lord Krsna, but they were mistaken in thinking that Lord Krsna had come to Kaliya Lake
- The rivers were flowing full of waters, and lakes were beautifully decorated with lotus flowers. The forests were full with beautiful birds and peacocks (during the birth of Krsna)
- The same gopi said, "And because Govardhana Hill is so obliged to Lord Krsna and Balarama, it is supplying different kinds of fruits, roots and herbs, as well as very pleasing crystal water from its lakes, in presentation to the Lord"
- The swans in the lakes, who are compared to the vitality of the inhabitants of Vrndavana, are no longer desiring to live in that lake
- The two sons of Kuvera (the treasurer of the demigods) were puffed up on account of the opulence of their father, and so once on a heavenly planet they were enjoying themselves in a lake with some naked damsels of heaven
- The Vrndavana forest was as sanctified as the clear mind of a devotee and was full of bees, flowers and fruits. There were chirping birds and clear-water lakes, with waters that could relieve one of all fatigue
- There (on Mount Kailasa) are different kinds of lotus flowers, such as kumuda, utpala and satapatra. The forest appears to be a decorated garden, and the small lakes are full of various kinds of birds who whisper very sweetly
- There (on Mount Kailasa) are varieties of deer, such as karnantra, ekapada, asvasya, vrka and kasturi, the deer which bears musk. Besides the deer there are many banana trees which decorate the small hillside lakes very nicely
- There is a small lake named Alakananda in which Sati used to take her bath, and that lake is especially auspicious. All the demigods, after seeing the specific beauty of Kailasa Hill, were struck with wonder at the great opulence to be found there
- There were many gardens near the Gundica temple, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His devotees used to perform the pastimes of Vrndavana in each of them. In the lake named Indradyumna, He sported in the water
- These lakes had bathing places constructed with jewels, and they were filled with blossoming lotus flowers. There were various birds chirping, and the water was exactly like nectar
- These respectable gentlemen replied, "At night in Kaliya Lake a fisherman lights a torch in his boat and catches many fish"
- These two physicians took Cyavana Muni to a particular lake, in which they bathed and regained full youth
- They (Krsna and Balarama) also learned how to splash water in the rivers or lakes while taking a bath among friends
- This material world is often described as an ocean of nescience. In such an ocean, everything is agitated. The mind of a great devotee is also like an ocean or a very large lake, but there is no agitation
- Trikuta Mountain has many lakes and rivers, with beaches covered by small gems resembling grains of sand. The water is as clear as crystal, and when the demigod damsels bathe in it, their bodies lend fragrance to the water and the breeze
- When Krsna entered the lake of Kaliya, His intimate friends became so perturbed that their bodily colors faded, and they all produced horrible gurgling sounds. At that time all of them fell down on the ground as if they were unconscious
- When Krsna finally came out of Kaliya’s lake, He was seen by all His friends and relatives on the bank of the Yamuna
- When Lord Parasurama killed all the ksatriyas, their accumulated blood flowed like a stream. Lord Parasurama dug five big lakes at Samanta-pancaka and filled them with this blood
- When Narada arrived in Dvaraka, He saw there were ponds full of blue and red lotus flowers, and some of these tanks were filled with varieties of lilies. The lakes were full of nice swans and cranes, and the voices of these birds resounded everywhere
- When the devotees from Bengal reached Lake Narendra, Svarupa Damodara and the others met them and offered them the garlands given by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- When the particles of water from the waves of the Yamuna, the lakes and the waterfalls touched the bodies of the inhabitants of Vrndavana, they automatically felt a cooling effect. Therefore they were practically undisturbed by the summer season
- When the queens sprinkled water on the body of Krsna or He sprinkled water on the bodies of the queens, the whole situation appeared just like that of an elephant enjoying in a lake with many she-elephants
- Where rejected things, crows take pleasure in that. The swans, the ducks, they take pleasure in clear lake with lily flower, nice garden, and birds are chirping. They take pleasure in there. Similarly, there are classes of men like crows and like swans
- While walking, the (cowherd) boys sometimes imitated the quacking sound of the swans in the lakes, or when they saw the peacocks dancing, they imitated them before Krsna. Krsna also moved His neck, imitating the dancing and making His friends laugh
- With the arrival of the beautiful autumn season, the waters in the lakes and rivers became as clear as crystal and filled with fragrant lotus flowers, and breezes blew very pleasantly
- Within the river Yamuna there was a great lake, and in that lake the black serpent Kaliya used to live. Because of his poison, the whole area was so contaminated that it emanated a poisonous vapor twenty-four hours a day