Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
insignificance | insignificant | insignificantly
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Insignificance"
The following 129 pages are in this category, out of 129 total.
- A cobra is very fierce before ordinary persons, but before an enchanter who can play with him, he is a plaything. Similarly, a demon may be very powerful in his own domain, but before the Lord he is insignificant
- A devotee has to execute the principles of devotional service exactly as they are, and he must know that however insignificant a living entity may be, the Lord is present within him
- A devotee should not ignore any living entity. The devotee must know that in every living entity, however insignificant he may be, even in an ant, God is present, and therefore every living entity should be kindly treated
- A dream becomes automatically known to a person as false and immaterial, and similarly one eventually realizes that material happiness in this life or the next, on this planet or a higher planet, is insignificant
- A human being endowed with knowledge certainly commits sin if he kills or torments insignificant creatures, who have no discrimination
- A living being is meant for service activities, and his desires are centered around such a service attitude. Beginning from the top head of the state down to the insignificant pauper in the street, all are rendering some sort of service to others
- According to Vedic injunctions, however, only ksatriyas are allowed to hunt, whereas sudras are allowed to eat flesh after offering goats or other insignificant animals before the deity of goddess Kali or similar demigods
- After this manifestation of Lord Visnu, Brahma saw that many other Brahmas and Sivas and demigods and even insignificant living entities down to the ants and very small straws - movable & immovable living entities - were dancing, surrounding Lord Visnu
- All of us, beginning from Brahma down to the insignificant ant, we have come here for material enjoyment. And in this material world, according to different desires and karma, they are getting different types of bodies
- Although my Guru Maharaja ordered me to accomplish this mission, I am not worthy or fit to do it. I am very fallen and insignificant. O Lord, now I am begging for Your mercy so that I may become worthy, for You are the wisest and most experienced of all
- Although the demons are insignificant in comparison to Lord Brahma, because of the strength of their guru they were so powerful that they could even seize Brahmaloka from Lord Brahma
- Among the uncommonly good souls there are still gradations, and the best good soul is one who accepts an insignificant asset of a person and magnifies that good quality
- Any living being, beginning from the Brahmas (there are innumerable Brahmas in innumerable universes) to the insignificant ant, are all born in darkness, and they require factual light from the Lord to see Him directly
- Anyone who takes shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna enters the boat for crossing over the ocean of nescience. For him, this vast expanse of the material manifestation becomes as insignificant as the water in a calf’s hoofprint
- At first Krsna thought, "Let Me retaliate against this vengeance of Indra by destroying his heavenly kingdom," but later on, when He thought of the insignificance of the King of heaven, Krsna changed His mind and felt merciful toward Indra
- At one time, Kesavaji-mandira was attacked by the emperor Aurangzeb, who constructed such a big mosque there that the temple of Kesavaji was insignificant in comparison
- At the end of the day, under the insignificant portion of the mode of darkness, the powerful manifestation of the universe merges in the darkness of night. By the influence of eternal time, the innumerable living entities remain merged in that dissolution
- Beginning from Brahma down to the insignificant ant, no living entities are meant for enjoying the material opulences. They are simply meant for offering everything to the supreme proprietor, the Personality of Godhead
- Beginning from Brahma down to the insignificant ant, no one is independent in the material creation
- Beginning from Brahma down to the insignificant worm in the stool, they are coming down and going up, coming down. This is going on. This is called samsara-cakra, cycle of birth and death
- Brahma said, "I think I am very, very insignificant before You (Krsna), and I am therefore begging Your pardon. Please be merciful toward me"
- Brahma’s stealing of calves & boys from Krsna may be a wonderful display of mystic power, but when Krsna exhibited His expansive power in so many calves & boys and maintained them without effort, Brahma could understand that his power was insignificant
- Even the most insignificant person, he thinks of himself as very important. Nobody wants to submit to anyone. This propensity is very prominent in this age, Kali-yuga
- Every living being, either in this material world or in the spiritual world, is under the control of the Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead. Beginning from Brahmaji, the leader of this universe, down to the insignificant ant
- Every living entity, beginning from Brahma, the first-born living being within the material world, down to the insignificant ant, desires to relish some sort of taste derived from sense perceptions. These sensual pleasures are technically called rasas
- Every Vaisnava thinks himself as very insignificant. Actually, every one of us is very insignificant in comparison to the Supreme Lord. What we are? Nothing
- Everyone is hankering after happiness, just as in the desert everyone is hankering after water. If in the desert there is a drop of water, it may of course be said that water is there, but the benefit from that drop of water is very insignificant
- Everyone serves the purpose of the Supreme Godhead, and what to speak of such small and insignificant living entities as ourselves? We are surely eternal servants of the Lord
- For a devotee material opulence is insignificant, whereas for a nondevotee material opulence is the cause of increasing bondage, for a devotee knows that anything material is temporary
- From the ground we may see only clouds in the sky, but if we fly above the clouds we can see the sun shining. From the sky, skyscrapers and cities seem very tiny; similarly, from God's position this entire material creation is insignificant
- Happiness derived from the touch of skin, or sensuous happiness, is present in the life of hogs and dogs. Such happiness is very insignificant. If a devotee worships the Lord for such insignificant happiness, he must be considered devoid of all knowledge
- He (Sudhama) was thinking, “How can I offer such an insignificant thing to Krsna?” and he simply bowed his head
- He (the servant of the servant of Krsna) is most insignificant, and whatever good he does is by the grace of Krsna and the spiritual master
- Holding the elephant by its tail, Krsna began to pull it, and with very great strength He dragged it for at least twenty-five yards, just as Garuda drags an insignificant snake
- I am also an insignificant servant of Lord Jesus Christ because I am preaching the same message as Lord Jesus did
- I am very glad to know that you are so much repentant even for this insignificant mistake, and that will push you forward further in Krsna Consciousness. Please be happy and work on with steady and firm determination
- I am very insignificant. I have no capacity. My business is only to convey the message of Krsna. Just like a postal peon; his business is to convey the letter
- I have no value - insignificant - but somehow or other you cooperated, and you are still cooperating, and you are still cooperating as Lord Caitanya's sampradaya. That is my life
- If an insignificant spider is so powerful as to act according to its will, why can't the Supreme Being act by His supreme will in the creation, maintenance and destruction of the cosmic manifestations?
- If one screw is lost, if you have to purchase from the market, you will have to pay some value. But the same screw, if it is not attached to the machine, it has no value. Similarly, we are very insignificant spiritual spark
- In a spiritual relationship, sense gratification is most insignificant. Anyone who desires a relationship of perverted sense gratification with Krsna must be considered less intelligent. His mentality requires to be reformed
- In every living entity, however insignificant he may be, even in an ant, God is present, and therefore every living entity should be kindly treated and should not be subjected to any violence
- In Kali-yuga there is a dearth of proper guidance. One may take guidance in the evening from the stars and moon, but in the rainy season the light of guidance comes from insignificant glowworms
- In that gigantic pot my body is of insignificant measurement, and even though one of the many universes is created by me, innumerable universes are coming and going from the pores of Your body, just as atomic particles are seen flickering in the sunlight
- In the beginning he was proud of being Brahma, the lord of the universe, but now he understood, "Here is the Lord of the universe. I am simply an insignificant agent. Govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami"
- In the Narayana-vyuha-stava prayers it is said that if the great Brahma is not a devotee of the Lord he is most insignificant, whereas if a microbe is a devotee of the Lord he is most famous
- It is our duty to remember always that in comparison to Dhruva Maharaja we are insignificant. We cannot do anything like what Dhruva Maharaja did for self-realization because we are absolutely incompetent to execute such service
- Jnane prayasam udapasya namanta eva: "Just become submissive. Just try to understand your position that you are very insignificant segment in this material world or in the creation"
- Just as a simple spark from a fire can't harm the fire, so my bewildering potency was completely unsuccessful in thwarting Your (Krsna's) superior illusory power. Therefore I find myself to be most insignificant & think of myself as a most useless person
- Kaliya said, "O killer of the Mura demon, I have acquired many mystic powers by my austerity and penances, but before You I am nothing, I am most insignificant. Therefore, please be kind upon a poor soul like me, and don't be angry with me"
- King Nagnajit presented himself before the Lord, "It is not possible, because I am an insignificant living being. Actually I have no ability to render any service unto You (Krsna)"
- King Nrga said, "Your (Krsna's) body is full of transcendental bliss & knowledge, & You are eternal. You are the master of all mystic powers; therefore You are known as Yogesvara. Kindly accept me as an insignificant particle of dust at Your lotus feet"
- Krsna is so kind upon me for creating this condition of struggling, thus He is relieving me of so many billions of lifetime of sinful reactions by this very insignificant and temporary condition of suffering something
- Krsna said, "If a devotee offers Me the most insignificant things a little flower, a little piece of leaf, a little water but saturates the offering in devotional love, then not only do I gladly accept such an offering, but I eat it with great pleasure"
- Narada met Indra and criticized him: "O Indra, great King of heaven, Krsna has already defeated Lord Brahma and Lord Siva. So what can be said of an insignificant demigod like you?"
- Narada Muni was the son of the most insignificant parentage. He was not properly educated. Still, because his complete energy was engaged in the service of the Lord, he became an immortal sage
- Once upon a time, Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the bestower of all knowledge upon all living entities, from Brahma to the insignificant ant, was sitting in the bedroom of Rukmini
- One cowherd boy said, "To lift a lotus flower is a most insignificant thing for an elephant, and similarly Krsna lifted Govardhana Hill without exertion"
- One who has deviated from truthfulness is insignificant in the eyes of society
- Only by achieving pure devotional service of the Lord can one give up all other engagements as insignificant
- Our movement is Krishna. The Krishna Consciousness Movement is nondifferent from Krishna. If we therefore present the Krishna Consciousness in right earnestness, then certainly all these insignificant glowworms and frogs will have no more importance
- Our request is that don't take this (KC) movement as very sentimental or insignificant, it is the greatest science, greatest philosophy. Try to cooperate with us and you will be happy
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "Krsna is always served very faithfully by the goddess of fortune. In comparison with her, we are most insignificant. Indeed, we are nothing. Yet although He is very cunning, Krsna is also very charitable"
- Religiosity, economic development, sense gratification and liberation are very insignificant in the eyes of a pure devotee who has developed bhava, the preliminary stage of love of Godhead
- Rukmi was not comparable even to an insignificant insect before the unlimited power of Krsna
- Scientists of the material world have invented atomic weapons, and when tested in a city or some insignificant place on this planet, such powerful weapons create so-called havoc, but if atomic weapons are tested on the sun, what is their significance?
- Serving the Lord in transcendental love yields such transcendental pleasure that, in comparison, sense gratification is counted as insignificant
- Simply keep faith that whatever we describe, that is a fact. After all, we are an insignificant creature in the universe, so whether you take the modern scientists or Sukadeva Goswami, it is inconceivable
- Sometimes, in order to have a little insignificant sex enjoyment, one searches after debauched women. In this attempt, one is insulted and chastised by the women's kinsmen. This is like going to take honey from a beehive and being attacked by the bees
- Srila Prabodhananda Sarasvati says that if one is elevated to real, pure devotional service, he considers even great demigods like Brahma and Indra to be on an equal level with an insignificant insect
- Srila Rupa Gosvami said, In your presence, which is just like brilliant sunshine, I am as insignificant as the light of a glowworm"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Even Maha-Laksmi, the greatest of all goddesses of fortune, hankers to render Him some service. In comparison to all these women of the universe, what are we? We are very insignificant"
- The clouds, darkness and snowfall can cover only a very insignificant portion of the sun's rays. Similarly, the modes of material nature may react upon the raylike living entities
- The conception of comfortable life in heaven is insignificant in comparison to the happiness enjoyed in the impersonal Brahman
- The deep bluish cloud covers only an insignificant portion of the limitless sky, and this fractional covering is compared to the quality of ignorance, or forgetfulness of the real nature of the living being
- The inhabitants of Kimpurusa-loka said to the Lord: We are insignificant living entities, and You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the supreme controller. Therefore how can we offer suitable prayers unto You?
- The inhabitants of Vaikuntha are so spiritually enlightened that in the presence of such spirituality, sex life is insignificant
- The inhabitants of Vaikuntha give preference to the service of the Lord, not their own sense gratification. Serving the Lord in transcendental love yields such transcendental pleasure that, in comparison, sense gratification is counted as insignificant
- The lion (in the forest of material existence) is the wheel of time, and the herons, crows and vultures are so-called demigods, pseudo swamis, yogis and incarnations. All of these are too insignificant to give one relief
- The living beings covered by the illusory energy evolve in different species of life, with bodies ranging from that of an insignificant ant to that of Brahma, the constructor of the cosmos
- The Lord impregnates the external or material energy, and thus the total living entities later come out in different gradations, beginning from Brahma, the first demigod, down to the insignificant ant
- The Mayavada philosophy is so degraded that it has taken the insignificant living entities to be the Lord, the Supreme Truth, thus covering the glory and supremacy of the Absolute Truth with monism
- The Mayavadi philosophers' standard of mukti is very insignificant for a devotee, for by devotional service even the Supreme Personality of Godhead becomes subordinate to him
- The modern scientists have manufactured nuclear weapons with which they can destroy an insignificant part of this planet, but by the yoga-siddhi known as isita one can create and destroy an entire planet simply at will
- The poor foolish materialist can just imagine how ignorantly he puts forward an insignificant creature to become His rival incarnation, simply on the allegations of a dying man
- The radiation of atomic energy is very insignificant in comparison to the heat produced by a brahmastra. The atomic bomb explosion can at utmost blow up one globe, but the heat produced by the brahmastra can destroy the whole cosmic situation
- The reciters said to King Prthu: Whatever we speak, however, is always inadequate and very insignificant. Dear King, because you are a direct incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, all your activities are liberal and ever laudable
- The source of our income is not actually the source of our maintenance. Every living being - from the great Brahma down to an insignificant ant - is being maintained by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Supreme Brahman, or the unlimited sky, can never be covered by a cloud, but a portion of it can be covered. As stated in the BG, the living entities are part and parcel of the SP of God. But they are only an insignificant portion of the Supreme Lord
- The transcendental bliss derived from self-realization, known as atmananda, is very insignificant in the presence of the bliss derived from devotional service to the lotus feet of the Lord
- There is no point in arguing that a materialistic man can be happy. No materialistic creature - be he the great Brahma or an insignificant ant - can be happy
- They (birds, beasts, reptiles, mosquitoes, lice, worms, flies, and any other creatures he tormented during his life) attack him (who, endowed with knowledge, killed or tormented insignificant creatures) from all sides, robbing him of the pleasure of sleep
- Thinking his material position insignificant, Sanatana was prepared to become a mendicant. Appreciating the activities of Sanatana Gosvami, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu praised his action and thanked Krsna for His mercy upon him
- This earth, is an insignificant point in the universe. And within this earth, the America is a small spot. And within America, this New York City is another small spot. And in this New York City, I am there. So what is my importance?
- This is real God consciousness, yes, not that "I am God conscious, and I kill the animals." That is not God conscious. To accept the trees, plants, lower animals, insignificant ants even, as brothers
- This planet earth is but an insignificant spot in the cosmic structure. Yet foolish men, puffed up by a false sense of scientific advancement, have concentrated their energy in the pursuit of so-called economic development on this planet
- Throughout the entire material world, beginning from Brahma down to the small, insignificant creatures like the ant, everyone is attracted by sex life. That is the basic principle of this material world
- To have his (Uddhava's) head smeared with the dust of the gopis' feet without their knowledge, he desired to become only an insignificant clump of grass or herbs in the land of Vrndavana
- To offer another example, a grave, magnanimous heart is compared to a great city, and a soft heart to an insignificant cottage
- Unable to rest, he (who, endowed with knowledge, killed or tormented insignificant creatures) constantly wanders about in the darkness. Thus in Andhakupa his suffering is just like that of a creature in the lower species
- Understanding the mind of Sudama Vipra, the Lord (Krsna) said, “My dear friend, I am certainly not in need of anything, but if My devotee gives Me something as an offering of love, even though it may be very insignificant, I accept it
- We should always be aware that we are insignificant creature. Our opinion and thinking has no value. This should be the first principle. Why should you give opinion on the words of Krsna?
- Whatever position I have got it is by guru's mercy and the Vaisnavas' blessings, otherwise I am insignificant. So I wish that Sridhara Maharaja may bestow his blessings as he was doing always, and my Guru Maharaja may help me
- Whatever problems you may have will seem insignificant. However, if you need medical attention, your temple president should make the necessary arrangement for your seeing a doctor
- Whatever translation work I have done is through the inspiration of my spiritual master, because personally I am most insignificant and incompetent to do this materially impossible work
- When Daksa, the leader of the Prajapatis, entered that assembly, his personal bodily luster as bright as the effulgence of the sun, the entire assembly was illuminated, and all the assembled personalities became insignificant in his presence
- When insignificant persons use rough words to cast false, angry accusations against saintly persons, their fruitless words do not disturb the great personalities
- When the Lord, out of His natural compassion, thinks of His devotee, by that process only are all desires of the neophyte devotee fulfilled. The Lord is situated in every living entity's heart, although the living entity may be very insignificant
- Who can claim that "I am wealthy. I possess all the wealth of the universe"? Who can say? Only Krsna can say; nobody can say. You may be millionaire. You may be Rockefeller or this Tata or Birla. That is very insignificant position
- Within the material compass there are innumerable material universes, and all of them are full of darkness. Any living being, beginning from the Brahmas to the insignificant ant, are all born in darkness