Devotees serve Vanipedia and Vanipedia serves the world - a success formula to save humanity
Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Infantry"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.
- A royal procession like that of Maharaja Pariksit surrounded by well-decorated chariots, cavalry, elephants, infantry and band not only is pleasing to the eyes, but also is a sign of a civilization that is aesthetic even on the fighting front
- Riding on palanquins nicely decorated with silks, flags and golden lace, the sixteen thousand queens followed their exalted husband, Lord Krsna. The infantry soldiers carried shields, swords and lances in their hands and acted as royal bodyguards
- The elephants, chariots, horses and infantry belonging to the opposite party were scattered by the weapons of Krsna. Indeed, the whole battlefield became strewn with smashed chariots and the bodies of men and animals
- The elephants, horses, chariots, charioteers, infantry soldiers and various kinds of carriers, along with their riders, were slashed to pieces
- The word aksauhini refers to a military phalanx consisting of 21,870 chariots and elephants, 109,350 infantry soldiers and 65,610 horses