Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
imprisoned | imprison | imprisoning | imprisonment | imprisons
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Detain (8 P)
Pages in category "Imprisoned"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
- After finishing this business, Krsna and Balarama immediately released Their father and mother, Vasudeva and Devaki, who had been imprisoned by Kamsa
- After installing Sahadeva on the throne, He (Krsna) released all the kings and princes who had been imprisoned unnecessarily by Jarasandha
- After the departure of Narada, Lord Krsna addressed the messenger who had come from the imprisoned kings and told him that they should not be worried, for He would very soon arrange to kill the King of Magadha, Jarasandha
- Anyone who hears these (the killing of Sisupala and Jarasandha and the releasing of the imprisoned kings) narrations from authorized persons will immediately be freed from all the reactions of the sinful activities of his life
- At the very moment the messenger of the imprisoned kings was presenting their appeal before the Lord (Krsna), the great sage Narada arrived
- If one releases a conditioned soul or imprisoned person according to religious principles, he himself is also released from material bondage by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- In illusion an attached person serves such family members, and by serving them he is destined to enter into a hellish condition of life. For example, a thief steals something to maintain his family, and he is caught and imprisoned
- In other words, although Magadhendra was able to imprison so many kings, upon the appearance of Krsna they were all released. Krsna did this out of His sincere compassion for the kings
- In the lower species of life there is an evolutionary process, and when the term of the living entity's imprisonment or punishment in the lower species is finished, he is again offered a human form
- Killing an animal or any other living being simply places an impediment in the way of his completing his term of imprisonment in a certain body
- Krsna said, "The living entity is imprisoned in the material condition on account of his false conception of himself as the supreme enjoyer. This false ego of the living entity is the cause of his imprisonment in material existence"
- Krsna's compassion for distressed persons was exhibited when He released all of the kings imprisoned by Magadhendra. While dying, Grandfather Bhisma prayed to Krsna and described Him as the sun which eradicated darkness
- The consciousness of the living entity who falsely presents himself as the enjoyer of the material world is called jiva-kosa, which means imprisonment by the false ego
- The kings who were imprisoned by Magadhendra were put into dark cells, and when Krsna appeared there, the darkness immediately disappeared, just as if the sun had risen
- The law of nature is so subtle that every part of our body is influenced by the respective stars, and a living being obtains his working body to fulfill his terms of imprisonment by the manipulation of such astronomical influence
- The living being is by constitution transcendental to material encagement, but he is now imprisoned by the external energy, and therefore he thinks himself one of the material products
- The man brought before Lord Krsna by the doorkeeper (of Sudharma assembly house) was a messenger from all these imprisoned kings. Being duly presented before the Lord, the man began to relay a message from the kings, as follows
- The messenger concluded, "As the messenger and representative of all those imprisoned kings, I have submitted my words before Your Lordship (Krsna) and presented their prayers to You"
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, it is known to You (Krsna) that Jarasandha possesses the power of ten thousand elephants, and with this power he has imprisoned us, just as a lion hypnotizes a flock of sheep"
- The messenger said, "He has arrested and imprisoned us, knowing fully that as Your (Krsna's) devotees we are subordinate to Your sovereignty"
- The messenger said, "We have now come to the real conclusion of our lives. Our kingly positions were nothing but the reward of our past pious activities, just as our suffering imprisonment by Jarasandha is the result of our past impious activities"
- The question was why a sinful man commits sinful activities although he has full knowledge of the after result by knowing it from authority and by seeing it personally. A thief commits theft repeatedly and is imprisoned repeatedly
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead was engaged in His so-called household affairs in order to teach people how one can sanctify one's household life although one may be attached to the imprisonment of material existence
- Then Vasudeva remembered the cows he had wanted to give in charity to the brahmanas after the birth of Krsna & Balarama. But being imprisoned by Kamsa at that time, Vasudeva had been able to do so only within his mind, for Kamsa had stolen all his cows
- They (different rulers of the world) were very weak due to hunger, and their faces had lost all beauty and luster. The kings' long imprisonment had caused every part of their bodies to become slack and invalid
- This is a knowledge, that every living entity is imprisoned within this body. This knowledge is equally good for Hindus, Muslim, Christian or everyone. There is no question of Christianism or Hinduism
- This material life is a term of imprisonment in sex. Just like imprisonment means you are detained in a place allotted by the government, you cannot go out. So here, this material world, the imprisonment is the sex. You cannot go out
- Those who are condemned, those who want to try to lord it over, they are imprisoned within the walls of material universe. So their number is very small
- Uddhava said, "(If we can somehow gain victory over Jarasandha) The imprisoned kings will be released, and with great pleasure we shall enjoy the spread of Your transcendental fame for having saved the innocent kings whom Jarasandha has imprisoned"
- Uddhava said, "As for the Rajasuya sacrifice arranged in Hastinapura, it will be held, either because of the pious activities of the imprisoned kings or the impious activities of Jarasandha"
- Uddhava said, "Considering all these (conquer demoniac kings like Jarasandha and Sisupala, release the pious imprisoned kings and perform the great Rajasuya sacrifice) points, I think that Your Lordship should immediately proceed to Hastinapura"
- Uddhava said, "My Lord (Krsna), it appears that You are to go personally to Hastinapura to conquer demoniac kings like Jarasandha and Sisupala, to release the pious imprisoned kings, and also to perform the great Rajasuya sacrifice"
- Vasudeva began to narrate his own past history - how he had been imprisoned by King Kamsa, how his babies had been killed, how immediately after Krsna’s birth he had carried Krsna to the place of Nanda Maharaja
- Vasudeva said : "my dear friend, I was imprisoned by Kamsa, and now I am released; therefore this is another birth for me. I had no hope of seeing you again, but by God’s grace I can see you"
- Vasudeva said, "My dear brother, in the beginning, due to my being imprisoned, I could never serve you as a friend, and although at the present moment"
- Vasudeva thought "In my home, although I am imprisoned, the Supreme Personality of Godhead has taken birth. How many millions and millions of times should I be prepared to observe this auspicious ceremony!"
- Vasudeva very humbly wondered that although he was an ordinary living entity conditioned by material nature and was externally imprisoned by Kamsa, the all-pervading Personality of Godhead, Visnu, or Krsna, was appearing as a child in his home
- We have seen in the history of India that Aurangzeb killed his brother and nephews and imprisoned his father to fulfill political ambitions. There have been many similar instances, and Kamsa was the same type of king
- While Sanatana Gosvami was imprisoned in Bengal, a letter arrived from Srila Rupa Gosvami