Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
imports | import
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Import"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- According to the Skanda and Vayu Puranas, the word sutra refers to a condensed work which carries meaning and import of immeasurable strength without mistake or fault. The word vedanta means "the end of Vedic knowledge"
- All "knowledge" not engaged in the service of the Lord is but nescience. Real utilization of advanced knowledge is to establish the glories of the Lord, and that is the real import
- If anyone who has got implicit faith in the spiritual master and also in God, to him all the imports of Vedic literature becomes revealed, becomes revealed. That is spiritual way of understanding
- If you can request your father to supply us with Maharastrian mrdangas & kanjanis, that will be very nice. I wish to import them from Bombay so if your father or anybody else can arrange to supply us these things, it will be a great service to the society
- Import of the scriptures will be revealed
- In the Vayu Purana an acarya is defined as one who knows the import of all Vedic literatures, abides by their rules and regulations, and teaches his disciples to act in the same way
- In the Vedic literatures it is stated that the import of all transcendental literature is revealed to one who has unflinching faith in the Supreme Lord and his spiritual master
- In this age of Kali a community has sprung up known as the arya-samaja, which is ignorant of the import of the Vedas in the parampara system. Their leaders decry all bona fide acaryas, and they pose themselves as the real followers of the Vedic principles
- It is ordained in the Vedas that a person who has got implicit faith in Krishna and the Spiritual Master, to such person the real import of the Vedas is revealed
- No mundane scholar can translate or reveal the true import of the Vedic mantras (hymns). They cannot be understood unless one is inspired or initiated by the authorized spiritual master
- No one can understand the import of the Vedas without having undergone a strict disciplinary vow and disciplic succession. The Vedas, spiritual masters and sacrificial fire must be worshiped by the desiring candidate
- No one is equal to the Godhead, and no one is greater than Him. That is the import of the familiar saying "God is great"
- Real utilization of advanced knowledge is to establish the glories of the Lord, and that is the real import. Scientific knowledge engaged in the service of the Lord and all similar activities are all factually hari-kirtana, or glorification of the Lord
- Regarding the new car, I think we require some new cars in India. So if it is possible, the car may be dispatched to India. We have already applied to the Import Department Govt. of India
- The actual import of the verse is that one must see the form of Govinda if one at all wants to forget the nonsense of material friendship, love and society
- The import of the Vedas is still more explicitly explained in Srimad-Bhagavatam. The conclusion of the Vedic literatures is that Lord Sri Krsna is the primeval Lord and the cause of all causes
- The import of this verse has stopped you from arguing. Now listen to another verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- The import of Vedic instruction is revealed automatically only to one who has implicit faith in the Supreme Personality of Godhead and in his spiritual master
- The Lord (Caitanya) ate raw rice given by Suklambara Brahmacari and explained very elaborately the import of the "harer nama" sloka mentioned in the Brhan-naradiya Purana
- The Lord's excellent speech was difficult to comprehend because of its momentous import and its most profound significance. The sages heard it with wide-open ears and pondered it as well
- The Sanskrit word isvara (controller) conveys the import of God, but the Supreme Person is called the paramesvara, or the supreme isvara
- The word hari conveys various meanings, but the chief import of the word is that He (the Lord) vanquishes everything inauspicious and takes away the mind of the devotee by awarding pure transcendental love
- There are so many commentaries on Bhagavad-gita that misinterpret the original text. The real import of the word should be presented, and that should be learned from a bona fide spiritual master
- Unfortunately, the Sankarite interpretation has covered almost the entire world. Therefore there is a great need to present the original, easily understood natural import of the Vedic literature
- Unless one is awakened to the stage of Uddhava - everlastingly feeling the separation of the Lord in transcendental love, as exhibited by Lord Caitanya also - one cannot understand the real import of the four essential verses of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Unless one takes his lessons from Krsna or His bona fide representative, one must inevitably misunderstand the import of karma-yoga, as do the ordinary mundaners who often advertise themselves as karma-yoga experts
- Unless you are associated with devotees, you will not be able to understand the import of the writings of Srila Rupa Gosvami
- When one is able to establish the correct import of a word, it can be called conclusiveness. And before such a conclusive determination of import, there must be thoughtful consideration
- When Sati passed away, giving up her body, the news was conveyed by Narada to Lord Siva. Narada always carries the news of such events because he knows their import
- When we accept the import of Vedanta-sutra and the Upanisads directly as they are stated, we become glorified. The commentaries made by Sankaracarya, however, are indirect and are very dangerous for the common man to read
- You should induce other centers to cultivate Tulasi. One circular should be sent to every center that they should import Tulasi Devi from either St. Louis or Hawaii and at every offering of bhoga to the Deities there must be one Tulasi leaf on the plate
- Your quotations from our Vaisnava sastras are very nice and I request you thoroughly to study all of our literatures very thoughtfully and try to understand the sublime import of this Krishna consciousness philosophy