Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
illiteracy | illiterate | illiterates
Pages in category "Illiterate"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.
- Bhakti-yoga itself is so powerful that even an impious man with no assets in karma-yoga or an illiterate with no assets in jnana-yoga can undoubtedly be elevated to the spiritual world if he simply adheres to bhakti-yoga
- By impious activities we remain illiterate, get ugly bodies, a poor standard of living, etc. But all these different states of life are under the laws of material nature through the interaction of the qualities of goodness, passion and ignorance
- If I am illiterate, I have no interest in reading books, I have no interest in chanting or I cannot do it constantly, then take something and mop over the temple and cleanse the temple. That is also service
- In India even the poorest man, he knows that, "There is next life. I existed in the past, and I will exist in the future." This Vedic conclusion is known even to the poorest man, illiterate man. That is, of course, the difference between East and West
- Mayavadis generally allege that the bhakti path is for women and illiterates
- Mayavadis generally allege that the bhakti path is for women and illiterates. This is a groundless accusation. The bhakti path is followed by the most learned scholars, such as the Gosvamis, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Ramanujacarya
- My Guru Maharaja's Guru Maharaja, he was illiterate, Gaura Kisora dasa Babaji Maharaja. He could not sign even his name. But my Guru Maharaja was the best scholar of his time. He accepted him as guru
- One may be illiterate or incapable of understanding the philosophy, but if he partakes of these three items, he will certainly be liberated without delay
- One may be materially considered an illiterate man, but if he has faith in the spiritual master as well as in the Supreme Personality of Godhead, then the meaning of scriptural revelation is immediately manifested before him
- One may remain perpetually illiterate, but if one practices the devotional service activities, he will become a devotee
- The common people would be entertained by the performances of dramas, and yatra parties played wonderfully on the superhuman activities of the Lord, and thus even the illiterate agriculturist would be a participant in the knowledge of Vedic literature
- The spirit soul is of the same pure quality in any embodiment of matter, but those who are not sufficiently intelligent see only the bodily differences between animals and men, literates and illiterates, rich and poor, which cover the pure spirit soul
- They may be civilized or uncivilized, they may be learned or illiterate, they may be powerful or weak, but illegitimate persons, generally known as outlaws, always act like the lower animals. There is no good in them, in spite of all appearances