Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
hunter | hunters | hunter's
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Hunter"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total.
- A deer may become absorbed in the musical sounds vibrated by the hunter, but the result is that it loses its life
- A hunter in the forest, although a great sinner, was not an intentional offender. He was at once influenced by the presence of Narada, and he agreed to take the path of devotion, leaving aside his hearth and home
- A hunter spread his net. So some little birds, they fell down in the net and they are crying
- A woman, therefore, should consider her husband, her house and her children to be the arrangement of the external energy of the Lord for her death, just as the sweet singing of the hunter is death for the deer
- Actually he (the hunter Mrgari) had no idea about papa and punya. Actually, those who are animal-hunter, they cannot understand what is spiritual life, what is God, what is sinful life, what is pious life
- Arjuna said, "I had a fight with Lord Siva, who appeared before me as a hunter, and when I satisfied him by my prowess he gave me the weapon known as Pasupata. Do not doubt my chivalry"
- As the monkey is ultimately captured by the hunter and is unable to get out of captivity, the conditioned soul, being captivated by momentary sex pleasure, becomes attached to different types of bodies and is encaged in family life
- If I wish to be a hunter, it will appear that hunting is the source of my maintenance. If I become a brahmana and completely depend on Krsna, I do not conduct a business, but nonetheless my maintenance is supplied by Krsna
- In this connection, there is a story in the Skanda Purana about a hunter who was converted into a great devotee under the instruction of Narada Muni. When the hunter became a perfect devotee, he was not prepared even to kill an ant
- It is caught by the net of the hunter. So mother immediately jumped over it to save the children, and she was also captured. Then the father saw, "Now if I go to save them, I'll be captured. Let me go away. Let me take sannyasa. That's all"
- Narada is the spiritual master of many famous devotees of the Lord. He is the spiritual master of Prahlada, Dhruva and Vyasa, down to the forest animal hunter Kirata. His only business is to turn everyone to the service of the Lord
- Narada Muni said, "My dear hunter, such behavior is not at all astonishing. A man in devotional service is automatically nonviolent. He is the best of gentlemen"
- Narada then revived the half-dead animals, and, getting freed from their dreadful condition, they fled away. Upon seeing Narada execute this miracle, the black hunter was struck with wonder
- Parvata Muni tells Narada, "My dear Narada, of all saintly persons you are so great and glorious that simply by your good wishes a lowborn hunter also has become a great, elevated devotee of Lord Krsna"
- Parvata Muni, a friend of Narada's, saw the wonderful transformation of the hunter by devotional service, and remarked, "My dear hunter, your unwillingness to kill even an ant is not very astonishing"
- Sometimes during war, soldiers keep their enemies in concentration camps and kill them in very cruel ways. These are reactions brought about by unrestricted animal-killing in the slaughterhouse and by hunters in the forest
- Srimati Radharani continued, "In that birth, instead of killing Vali, an enemy of His friend, in the manner of a ksatriya, He (Ramacandra) killed him just like a hunter. A hunter takes a secure hiding place and then kills an animal without facing it"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Please do not talk anymore about Krsna. It is better to talk about something else. We are already doomed, like the black-spotted she-deer in the forest who are enchanted by the sweet musical vibration of the hunter"
- The gopis said, "Since You (Krsna) are the Supreme Personality of Godhead and like to enjoy the parakiya-rasa and are famous as a transcendental woman hunter, we have come to satisfy Your transcendental desires"
- The hunter eagle (Indra) wanted the pigeon (Agni) back from the King (Sibi). The King wanted to give it some other meat to eat and requested the bird not to kill the pigeon. The hunter bird refused to accept the King's offer
- The King of heaven once took the shape of a pigeon-hunter bird (eagle), and Agni, the fire-god, took the shape of a pigeon. The pigeon, while being chased by the eagle, took shelter on the lap of Maharaja Sibi
- The one Supreme Being, Krsna, maintains everyone. Our so-called source of income is our own choice only. If I wish to be a hunter, it will appear that hunting is the source of my maintenance
- The other regulated system, to become very religious man or expert money-hunter or accumulation of money, dharma, artha, and sense enjoyment - the whole world is appreciating these men, who is a religious man, who satisfies his senses
- When all the animals fled, the hunter wanted to chastise Narada with abusive language, but due to Narada's presence, he could not utter anything abusive
- Why you are coming? I never came to flatter you, neither I never came to say, "Yes, there is no God." I am speaking just opposite, everything opposite. "You are drunkard; no drink. You are illicit sex hunters; no illicit sex"