Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
horn | horned | horns
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Horn (4 P)
Pages in category "Horn"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- After planning how to get the she-goat out of the well, the lusty he-goat dug up the earth on the well's edge with the point of his horns in such a way that she was able to come out very easily
- Agnidhra then praised Purvacitti's raised breasts. He said: My dear brahmana your waist is very thin, yet with great difficulty you are carefully carrying two horns, to which my eyes have become attracted
- All the cows and bulls were placed in the front along with their calves, and the men, with their bows and arrows, surrounded the herds and carts and began to blow on their horns and bugles. In this way, with tumultuous sound, they started for Vrndavana
- All the cows which were given in charity were covered with nice gold-embroidered garments, and their horns were bedecked with golden rings; their hooves were covered with silver plate, and they wore garlands of flowers
- Each had a bugle made of buffalo horn and a stick and a flute, and each called his respective calves by their particular names. The cowherd boys were so proud of Krsna’s wonderful activities that, while entering the village, they all sang His glories
- Every day Lord Krsna used to give many groups of 13,084 cows. Each of the cows was decorated with a silken cover and pearl necklace, their horns were covered with gold plating, and their hooves were silver-plated
- He (Aristasura) again charged Krsna with great force and anger. While rushing toward Krsna, he breathed very heavily. Krsna again caught his horns and immediately threw him to the ground, breaking his horns
- He (Sridama) would carry a buffalo horn, and his turban was of reddish, copper color. His bodily complexion was blackish, and around his neck there was a nice garland. He would always challenge Krsna in joking friendship
- Keeping the calves before them, they started for the forest in a great procession. In this way, Lord Krsna assembled thousands of His boyfriends. Equipped with a stick, flute, horn, as well as a lunch bag, each was taking care of thousands of calves
- King Nrga said, "All the cows were purchased with money earned legally. Furthermore, their horns were gold-plated, their hooves were bedecked with silver plating, and they were covered with necklaces and with silken wrappers embroidered with pearls"
- Krsna immediately caught his ( Aristasuras) horns and tossed him away, just as a gigantic elephant repels a small inimical elephant. Although the demon was perspiring and appeared very tired, he took courage and got up
- Krsna used a buffalo horn as a bugling instrument. This instrument was always highly polished and circled with gold bands, and on the middle there was a hole
- Krsna's chariot started for Hastinapura accompanied by many other chariots, along with elephants, cavalry, infantry & similar royal paraphernalia. Bugles, drums, trumpets, conchshells & horns all produced auspicious sound which vibrated in all directions
- Once a demon named Aristasura entered the village in the form of a great bull with a gigantic body and huge horns, digging up the earth with his hooves. When the demon entered Vrndavana, the whole land appeared to tremble, as if there were an earthquake
- Once the Lord desired to go early in the morning with all His cowherd boyfriends to the forest, where they were to assemble together and take lunch. As soon as He got up from bed, He blew His buffalo-horn bugle and called all His friends together
- One (cowherd boy) would say, "I will go there and touch Krsna," and another would say, "Oh, you cannot go. I’ll touch Krsna first." Some of them played on their flutes or vibrated bugles made of buffalo horn
- There are no horse's eggs, there is no rabbit's horn, and there are no flowers growing in the sky. There are many things which exist in name or imagination but actually have no factual manifestation
- They are accustomed to playing on their flutes made of palm leaves, and they all have buffalo-horn bugles ornamented like Krsna's with jewels such as indranila and with gold and coral. They are always jubilant like Krsna
- When mother Yasoda & Rohini were unable to protect the babies from calamities threatened by horned cows, by fire, by animals with claws & teeth such as monkeys, dogs & cats & by thorns, swords & other weapons on the ground, they were always in anxiety
- While Krsna danced, some of the cowherd boys sang and others played on flutes; some bugled on buffalo horns or clapped their hands, praising Krsna, "Dear brother, You are dancing very nicely"
- Within a week there would be an inundation throughout the universe and that the fish incarnation would protect the King, along with the rsis, herbs, seeds and other living entities, in a boat, which would be attached to the fish's horn