Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
honest | honestly | honesty
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Honesty"
The following 90 pages are in this category, out of 90 total.
- A sinful man cannot earn money honestly. Just like a thief: because he has adopted the means of earning money by sinful activities, he cannot take to honest work. He can work, but he is accustomed to steal
- A vaisya also earns money honestly through agriculture, cow protection and some trade. If a sudra gets money, however, he will spend it lavishly, without discrimination, or simply accumulate it for no purpose
- According to the atheists, dharma, or religious principles, are meant to establish an imaginary God to encourage one to become moral, honest and just so that the social orders may be maintained in peace and tranquillity
- Agriculture is the noblest profession. It makes society happy, wealthy, healthy, honest, and spiritually advanced for a better life after death
- All those who have tried their utmost to do good for others but have failed despite all honest endeavors should approach Sri Krsna or His bona fide servitors, following the footsteps of Marshal Arjuna
- Any honest person is obliged to his friend if some service has been rendered unto Him (Krsna). Since Krsna is the supreme honest personality, how can He forget an obligation to His servitor?
- Any man can become very honest citizen, do business honestly, earn money and live very honorably. But no, somebody has learned how to steal. The government does not say that you becomes thief and go to the prison house
- As a great king of the entire world, he (King Prthu) could have given them (the members of the assembly) orders, but he was so humble, meek and honest that he presented his statement for approval in order to clarify his mature decision
- Because he's poor, he's immediately accepted as dishonest. He may be honest or dishonest, but poverty is a sign for accepting a man as dishonest
- Because of your honest desire, all living entities within the universe will be delivered, for Krsna does not have to do anything to deliver all the living entities of the universe
- Before the Deity, before the fire, before the spiritual master and before the Vaisnavas, the honest disciple promises to refrain from all sinful activity. Therefore he must not again commit sinful acts and thus create a troublesome situation
- Daksa's statement that Lord Siva pretended to be an honest person means that Siva was dishonest because in spite of accepting the position of Daksa's son-in-law, he was not respectful to Daksa
- Dharma is to abide by the orders of Krsna. And if we do that then we become qualified to go back to home, back to Godhead. Very simple thing. It doesn't require much education. Simply it requires a purified mind, that "I shall execute it honestly"
- Dhruva Maharaja wanted to occupy an exalted position not by hook or by crook, but by honest means
- During the dispute there was a voice from the sky, and it announced that for all honest purposes Balarama was the actual winner of this game, that He was being abused, and that the statement of Rukmi that he had won was absolutely false
- I am requesting in this letter through you that every honest and sincere boy or girl must immediately join with us in this movement
- If one is always acting under these three facts, knowing Krishna to be the Supreme Proprietor, Enjoyer, and Friend, then he is truly honest
- If one is not God conscious, he cannot be moralist, he cannot be truthful, he cannot be honest. This is our point of view. You study the whole world only on these three points, morality, honest, and dutiful. So many nice things are there
- If one maintains his family by prescribed methods and honest means, there is no objection to one's being a family man
- If they (citizens) are happy in all respects, it is to be understood that the king is honest and is executing his duties rightly. Krsna said that the king in whose kingdom the citizens are happy is very dear to Him
- If you are poor man, then you are dishonest. People will understand that "This man is actually not honest because he does not know how to earn money by hook or crook"
- In the material world we possess riches and wealth in many ways, but sometimes not in very honest and pious ways, because that is the nature of accumulating wealth
- Instead of earning livelihood by showing the Deity in the temple, it is better to take the profession of a sweeper in the street and live honestly. He said like that. The sweeper is working hard toiling and getting some money and living
- King Nanda said, "He (Garga Muni) also said that formerly this boy saved the world from an unregulated condition, and He (Krsna) saved all honest men from the hands of the dishonest thieves"
- Krsna consciousness movement is to educate people how to become wise, honest, truthful, believer in God, so on, so on. This is the movement
- Krsna replied, "You (Kings) all belong to ksatriya families. Therefore, you should live honestly, according to the prescribed duties befitting the royal order, and make your citizens happy in all respects. Keep to the standard of ksatriya life"
- Milk is nothing but transformation of the blood. So instead of taking the blood, take the transformation and live nicely, like honest gentlemen. No. They are not even gentlemen. Rogues, uncivilized
- My mission is develop the glories of Srila Jiva Goswami all over the world and I think you should cooperate with my honest endeavour
- Nanda Maharaja said, "How can I honestly believe that he (Kamsa) is actually protecting the citizens of Mathura?"
- Nonviolence, truthfulness, honesty, desire for the happiness and welfare of all others and freedom from lust, anger and greed constitute duties for all members of society
- Nothing can be solved by placing wealth in the hands of the communists or the capitalists. If a hundred-dollar bill is lying on the street, someone may pick it up and put it in his pocket. Such a man is not honest
- O bull (the personality of religion) you are offenseless and thoroughly honest; therefore I (King Pariksit) wish all good to you. Please tell me of the perpetrator of these mutilations, which blackmail the reputation of the sons of Prtha
- One must be enthusiastic, patient, confident, one must execute the duties, associate with devotees, and one must be very honest in dealing. Six things. If these six things are there, sure success
- One person worships in the temple, another earns money honestly by executing his professional duty, and yet another preaches Krsna consciousness with the devotees. Apparently these three types of service appear separate, but actually they are not
- One should also not accumulate money to become puffed up in the material world. One should earn his livelihood easily and honestly, for it is better to become a coolie for an honest livelihood than to become a great man in society by hook and crook
- One should not prematurely give up the honest life of a householder to lead a life of debauchery in Vrndavana
- One should work honestly according to his qualification. He should not earn his livelihood unfairly, by means for which he is not qualified
- Our occupation must be honest. Everyone should adore our members as honest. If we do something which is deteriorating to the popular sentiments of the public in favor of our movement, that is not good
- Peacefulness, self-control, austerity, purity, tolerance, honesty, knowledge, wisdom and religiousness - these are the natural qualities by which the brahmanas work
- Peacefulness, self-control, austerity, purity, tolerance, honesty, knowledge, wisdom and religiousness—these are the natural qualities by which the brahmanas work
- Peacefulness, self-control, austerity, purity, tolerance, honesty, wisdom, knowledge, and religiousness-these are the qualities by which the brahmanas work
- Sadhu means pious, religious, honest person. Sadhu, whose character is spotless, he's called sadhu
- Sages said, "Desires are the causes of one's material bondage. Therefore, to get liberation from this bondage, one has to sacrifice his honestly earned riches for the satisfaction of Lord Visnu"
- Satyena means
- So far the meaning of the word "cheating," there are only three things to be known - Krishna is Supreme Enjoyer, Supreme Proprietor of everything, and Supreme Friend of everyone, and we say that honesty is acting upon the knowledge of these three facts
- So long we are in this material world we have to work. Karma. Karma means to gain some profit. Karma, akarma, vikarma. Vikarma means against the law. Just like ordinary laws. If you are working honestly, business or karma, that's all right
- So-called worldly honest men
- Such transcendental literatures, even though imperfectly composed, are heard, sung and accepted by purified men who are thoroughly honest
- Svarupa Damodara then said, "Here is Balabhadra Bhattacarya, who has great love for You. He is an honest, learned scholar, and he is advanced in spiritual consciousness"
- The common man supposes the unequal distribution of rain to represent nature's wrath for our sinful acts. There is truth in this. Thus to have an equal distribution of state-raised taxes, the citizens need to be scrupulously honest and virtuous
- The gopis asked, "So out of these three classes, which do You (Krsna) prefer, or which do You call honest?"
- The honest and simple cowherd men, headed by Nanda Maharaja, accepted Krsna's proposal and executed in detail everything He advised. They performed Govardhana worship and circumambulation of the hill
- The instruction given herein by the Supreme Personality of Godhead to the gopis was not at all sarcastic. Such instructions should be taken very seriously by all honest women
- The most perfect way of life in this material world is simply to be devoted to My (Krsna's) transcendental loving service and to execute honestly the prescribed duties of one's particular position
- The same (one should work honestly according to his qualification) is applicable to a ksatriya or to a vaisya
- The some rogues and frauds, they will combine together, and make a government, and take others' property, and they will remain honest, and he is fraud. This is Kali-yuga
- The third man does not steal the money to spend for himself, nor does he neglect it and let it lie in the street. By taking it and delivering it to the man who has lost it, this man is both honest and wise
- There is no harm if one becomes the richest man in the world by honest dealings, but one should not sacrifice the honest means of livelihood simply to accumulate wealth. Such an endeavor is harmful to devotional service
- This is the only movement which can save the confused frustrated younger generation. I invite all responsible guardians of this country to understand this transcendental movement and then give us all honest facilities to spread it for everyone's benefit
- This Krsna consciousness movement is to educate people how to become wise, honest, truthful, believer in God, so on, so on. This is the movement
- To have an equal distribution of state-raised taxes, the citizens need to be scrupulously honest and virtuous. They should be honest in the payment of taxes to the state and should have honest representatives to look over the administration
- Whatever little success is in our movement, the cause is I have not tried to cheat. Honestly, what I knew, I heard it from Guru Maharaja and scripture, I took it. There was no cheating
- When I was in America in 1966, one American lady asked me to recommend an English edition of Bhagavad-gita. But honestly I could not recommend any one of them, on account of their whimsical explanation. That gave me impetus to write Bhagavad-gita As It Is
- Without being standardized by Krsna consciousness, or God consciousness, you cannot find the standard platform of morality, honesty. These things you cannot find. This is not possible
- Without knowing, following, that is absurd. You must know that this is the order of God. And if you follow that, then that is honesty