Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
hereditarily | hereditary | heredity
Pages in category "Hereditary"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- In actuality there cannot be a family of gosvamis based on material considerations, caste or heredity. The gosvami title is actually the monopoly of the pure devotees
- In this age there are many so-called caste brahmanas and caste Gosvamis who, taking advantage of the sastra and of the innocence of people in general, claim to be brahmanas and Vaisnavas by hereditary right
- One may desire mundane reputation by making compromises with nondevotees concerning one's philosophy or spiritual life, or one may become a supporter of a hereditary caste system. All these are pitfalls of personal sense gratification
- One should worship Lord Visnu or His devotee for spiritual advancement in knowledge, and for protection of heredity and advancement of a dynasty one should worship the various demigods
- The gosvami title is not hereditary. The word gosvami refers to one who can control his senses, who is master of the senses. A devotee is not controlled by the senses, but is the controller of the senses
- The Indian culture of today is restricted by the hereditary caste system and kept in the custody of narrow-minded people who are like frogs in a well
- The purity of hereditary succession is called amogha-virya
- The word dvijatmajah is significant here because Asvatthama, although the son of Dronacarya, was not exactly a qualified brahmana. The most intelligent man is called a brahmana, and it is not a hereditary title
- This sarcastic remark pointed out that Dhrtarastra was falsely claiming the throne on hereditary grounds. Actually Pandu had been the rightful king, and in the presence of Pandu's sons, the Pandavas, Dhrtarastra should not have occupied the throne
- Unfortunately, for want of proper protection by responsible kings, the system of social and spiritual orders has now become a hereditary caste system. But this is not the actual system
- Unfortunately, the hereditary process is going on; therefore at the present moment, in most cases the title (of gosvami) is being misused due to ignorance of the word's etymology