Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
height | heights | heighten | heightened
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Height"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- On the four sides of the great mountain known as Sumeru are four mountains-Mandara, Merumandara, Suparsva and Kumuda - which are like its belts. The length and height of these mountains are calculated to be 10,000 yojanas (80,000 miles)
- One of the cowherd boys said, "Its (the snake's) mouth appears to be like a big mountain cave, and its height cannot be estimated. The chin is also raised just like a mountain summit"
- One who measures four cubits in height and in breadth by his own hand is celebrated as a great personality
- Standing like flagstaffs on the summits of these four mountains are a mango tree, a rose apple tree, a kadamba tree and a banyan tree. Those trees are calculated to have a width of 100 yojanas (800 miles) and a height of 1,100 yojanas (8,800 miles)
- Sumeru Mountain is like the pericarp of the lotuslike Bhu-mandala planetary system. The mountain's height is the same as the width of Jambudvipa - or, in other words, 100,000 yojanas (800,000 miles)