Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
- VedaBase query: "heavenly" not kingdom* not planet*
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Heavenly"
The following 60 pages are in this category, out of 60 total.
- A devotee is always transcendental to hellish or heavenly residences
- A flower should be in the garden, but if somebody imagines the flower in the sky, it is something imaginary. So for a devotee, this heavenly promotion to the heavenly planet is just like a flower in the sky
- After hearing this (reply from Nanda Maharaja), Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, in the presence of His father and all the elder cowherd men of Vrndavana, spoke in such a way as to make the heavenly king, Indra, very angry
- Arjuna went to heavenly planet. And there the heavenly prostitute came to Arjuna. She's prostitute. So when Arjuna refused, that... His father is Indra... So Arjuna said that "You have connection with my father. Therefore you are my mother"
- For advancement of sense gratification, the living entities are engaged in the work of this world, and they aspire to heavenly happiness after death
- From the foregoing one can understand that this massive cosmic creation, with its innumerable planetary systems and heavenly bodies, has come about only through the interference of some superior and powerful consciousness
- In India plain cloth is sufficient. Most of the…, most part of the year in the villages, they remain naked body. There is no need of any heavy clothing. But sometimes, to keep up the modern civilization, we dress heavily with coats, pants and necktie
- In that planet (Indraloka) he (Arjuna) was cordially received by the local residents, and he was awarded reception in the heavenly parliament of Indradeva
- In the Gayatri mantra, we chant, om bhur bhuvah svah tat savitur varenyam. Above the Bhuloka planetary system is Bhuvarloka, and above that is Svargaloka, the heavenly planetary system
- In the Padma Purana there is a statement, "For any person who is chanting the holy name either softly or loudly, the paths to liberation and even heavenly happiness are at once open"
- Indra wanted him (Arjuna) to come to the heavenly kingdom, the Indraloka planet beyond the moon planet. In that planet he was cordially received by the local residents, and he was awarded reception in the heavenly parliament of Indradeva
- Kasyapa meant that householders living with wives enjoy the heavenly blessings of sense enjoyment and at the same time have no fear of going down to hell
- King Indra became successful in breaking the vow of the great sage Kandu, who became attracted by the beauty of the heavenly society girl Pramloca and begot a female child. This child is described herein as lotus-eyed and very beautiful
- Krsna says...Among the Gandharvas I am Visvavasu, and I am Purvacitti among the heavenly Apsaras
- Kulasekhara said, "Whether I am elevated to the heavenly platform or remain on this earthly planet or am dispatched to some hellish planet, that does not matter at all to me"
- My dear Lord, what can I (Bilvamangala Thakura) say about the opulence of Your Vrndavana? Simply the ornaments on the legs of the damsels of Vrndavana are more than cintamani, and their dresses are as good as the heavenly parijata flowers
- My dear princes, by My mercy, you can enjoy all the facilities of this world as well as the heavenly world. Indeed, you can enjoy all of them without hindrance and with full strength for one million celestial years
- No one would have taken the trouble to maintain children if there were no taste of heavenly nectar by means of sexual intercourse
- Not only the fire-god Agni but the heavenly god Indra and sometimes even Lord Brahma and Lord Siva - all very highly situated demigods - are subject to being attracted by sex at any time
- One dissolution takes place at the end of the life of Brahma. At that time all the planetary systems, including the heavenly systems, are dissolved in water and enter into the body of Garbhodakasayi Visnu
- One should not try to be happy in this world or to be promoted to the heavenly world, nor should he try for material wealth, children, houses or cattle
- Out of fear of the Supreme Personality of Godhead the wind blows, out of fear of Him the sun shines, out of fear of Him the rain pours forth showers, and out of fear of Him the host of heavenly bodies shed their luster
- The Apsaras pleased everyone (on the birth ceremony of Arjuna) by their heavenly dances and songs
- The beautiful wives of the heavenly denizens, their eyes very beautifully glittering, were near her (Sati's) residence and were going to the sacrifice dressed in fine clothing and ornamented with earrings and necklaces with lockets
- The celestial species of human beings, like the Gandharvas and Vidyadharas, can sing wonderfully and can entice even the minds of the heavenly demigods. Their musical rhythm represents the musical sense of the Lord
- The chaste lady Sati, the daughter of Daksa, heard the heavenly denizens flying in the sky conversing about the great sacrifice being performed by her father
- The citizens of Mathura continued, "He (Krsna) chastised the Kaliya snake in the water of the Yamuna, and He curbed the false pride of the heavenly king, Indra"
- The heavenly demigods are certainly more intelligent, powerful and beautiful, and yet they had to take help from Arjuna because of his Gandiva bow, which was empowered by the grace of Lord Sri Krsna
- The heavenly denizens from the upper planets used to visit the palace of King Kuntibhoja, and Kunti was engaged for their reception
- The heavenly places of enjoyment are divided into three groups: the celestial heavenly planets, the heavenly places on earth, and the bila heavenly places, which are found in the lower regions
- The heavenly pleasure for the conditioned soul is sexual pleasure, and this pleasure is tasted by the genitals
- The heavenly society girl named Pramloca kept the lotus-eyed daughter of Kandu in the care of the forest trees. Then she went back to the heavenly planet. This daughter was born by the coupling of the Apsara named Pramloca with the sage Kandu
- The Lord said to the Pracetas: My dear princes, by My mercy, you can enjoy all the facilities of this world as well as the heavenly world. Indeed, you can enjoy all of them without hindrance and with full strength for one million celestial years
- The sky between the earthly sphere and heavenly sphere is called antariksa, or outer space. It adjoins the top of the sphere of earth and the bottom of that of heaven
- The tract of land known as Bharata-varsa is the field of activities, and the other eight varsas (on Jambudvipa) are for persons who are meant to enjoy heavenly comfort
- The worker with a desire to enjoy the fruits of his work is hankering after transient material happiness, and such a worker is rewarded with worldly or heavenly happiness within the material worlds
- Their (the heavenly denizens') eyes moved, their earrings and other ornaments glittered and glared, their dresses were the nicest possible, and all of them had special lockets on their necklaces
- There are innumerable universes floating on the Causal Ocean, and in each of them the representation of the virat form of the Lord is there along with innumerable suns, moons, heavenly demigods, Brahmas, Visnus and Sivas
- There are many instances in which Apsaras, heavenly angels, have descended to this earth by the order of a superior demigod like Lord Brahma or Lord Indra, have followed the demigod's order by marrying someone and giving birth to children
- This is the spell of maya. Even Indra forgets his heavenly standard of life and is satisfied with the standard of a hog's life
- This KC movement through music, philosophy, spiritual culture, and personal behavior culminating in ideal character of the devotees. All these heavenly contributions combined together will certainly bring about a major change in the life of Western people
- Visvakarma, the famous heavenly architect, is known as the constructor of many wonderful buildings in the upper planets
- Visvamitra Muni controlled the senses by yogic trance, but when he happened to meet Menaka (a heavenly society woman), he became a victim of sex, and the artificial way of controlling the senses failed
- When they (all the Yadus and the residents) were embracing one another in their arms, the saffron and kunkuma spread on their breasts was exchanged from one person to another, and they all felt heavenly ecstasy
- When those who follow the pravrtti-marga have enjoyed heavenly sense pleasure, they return to this mortal planet again