Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
glad | gladden | gladdened | gladdening | gladdens | gladly | gladness|engladden | engladdened | engladdening | engladdens
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Glad"
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total.
- A person who is interested to enquire about the transcendental subject matter, krsna-katha, then the person who is questioned, he becomes very glad
- After having this dream, Madhavendra Puri Gosvami became very glad due to ecstasy of love of Godhead, and in order to execute the command of the Lord, he started east toward Bengal
- After having unmistakably known the decision of the Queen (Satarupa), as well as that of Devahuti, the Emperor (Svayambhuva Manu) most gladly gave his daughter to the sage (Kardama Muni), whose host of virtues was equaled by hers
- After testing Lord Brahma, Bhrgu Muni went directly to the Mount Kailasa, where Lord Siva resides. Bhrgu Muni happened to be Lord Siva's brother. Therefore, as soon as Bhrgu Muni approached, Lord Siva was very glad and personally rose to embrace him
- After worshiping the Supreme Lord with gladdened senses and a pure heart for His intended activities as an incarnation, Brahma spoke as follows to Kardama and Devahuti
- All (beautiful men and women) were singing auspicious songs. The wife of the brahmana (Sudama) was very glad on hearing the tidings of her husband’s arrival, and with great haste she came out of the palace
- Another gopi told mother Yasoda, "My dear mother, when your son returns home, He decorates Himself with the buds of the kunda flower, and just to enlighten and gladden His friends, He blows His flute"
- Another important thing is our theistic school in New Vrindaban. If you can establish a nice educational center, I know many parents of your country will be glad to send their children in New Vrindaban
- Arjuna is very enlightened and is glad that he has such a great friend as Krsna, but now he is thinking that although he may accept Krsna as the source of everything, others may not
- Balarama said, "Simultaneously I can also give this Romaharsana Suta life again, with a span of long duration, sufficient strength and full power of the senses. Not only this, but if you desire I shall be glad to award him anything else you may ask"
- Bali Maharaja was very glad to receive the Lord's remaining step upon his head, and thus Bali Maharaja, instead of losing everything he possessed, was blessed by the Lord's becoming his constant companion and doorman
- Bhismadeva was certainly satisfied by seeing the triumph of virtue, and he was glad to see King Yudhisthira on the throne, although he himself fought against him
- Brahma gave up that shining and beloved form of moonlight. Visvavasu and other Gandharvas gladly took possession of it
- Energy, prakrti. Krsna is engladdened in the presence of Radharani. That is nature. Similarly, a man, he becomes energized if he has got a good wife or good mother
- Even Krishna is prepared to give us more, we should not accept anything from Him for our sense gratification; if anything is offered by Him, we should accept gladly for His service only
- Harsa is described in the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu. Harsa is experienced when one finally attains the desired goal of life and consequently becomes very glad
- He (the spiritual master) feels so glad that he smiles as he enjoys the progress of the disciple, just as a smiling parent enjoys the activities of a child who is trying to stand up or crawl perfectly
- Here in Bombay we have a nice spot. We are now in possession. It is just like a garden house. I shall be glad if you come here and live with me for some time
- His (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) loins and hips encircled by a girdle, He stands on the lotus of His devotee's heart. He is most charming to look at, and His serene aspect gladdens the eyes and souls of the devotees who behold Him
- I am also glad to learn that you have a child within your womb, and please accept all my blessings for the newcomer for whom we shall be very glad to receive just after a few months
- I am anxious to know what you have done about editing my lectures. Have you done something or not. I shall be glad to hear from you in this connection
- I am expecting to arrive in Calcutta some time this month and at that time I will be glad to see you and answer all of your questions
- I am so glad to learn that everything is progressing nicely in Vancouver, and you are proposing to sell 2500 BTGs per month. That is very much encouraging. You will be glad to know that we have now published our book, "Isopanisad."
- I am very glad that you are already working on the model. Finish it nicely and when I go to Calcutta on the 24th we shall take up the matter of engineering work, consulting with others
- I am very glad that you are eager to see our foreign temples and that you wanted my advice in this connection
- I am very glad that you are trying to live Krishna Conscious lifestyle. If you simply try to follow very carefully the prescribed method that has been chalked out for us in the vedas
- I am very glad to hear that you have already distributed some books in prison
- I can see from your letter that you are very sincere about Krsna Consciousness and Gurukula. Yes, you should always feel yourself most fortunate and glad that you are in the Krsna Consciousness movement where you can learn sanskrit and English
- I have gladly consented to accept him as my duly initiated disciple, and to give him Gayatri mantra also
- I have personally placed my books formerly in the library of Bombay which they were very glad to accept
- I hope very soon Back to Godhead will be a very popular magazine. If you give me some advertisement it will be a great asset to the publication, and we will be glad to print it free of charge
- I shall be glad to know also if you want to stick in Calcutta only or if required you may come to Bombay. We are very much serious to open a branch in Bombay very soon
- I was so glad to receive your letter dated May 13, 1968, and my gladness knew no bounds, exactly like that when one gets back his lost child
- I was very glad to receive your letter and to hear that you are feeling very happy in Krishna's service
- I will be glad to know from you how you have installed Their Lordships in your temple. If possible send me photographs
- If the public is thinking that we are something show or commercial performers, that will not be proper idea. But if the musicians and dancers want to give one concert and donate the proceeds to us, we shall gladly thank them
- If the students in different universities and colleges want to hear from me about the teachings of Lord Caitanya, Bhagavad-gita As It Is, and Srimad-Bhagavatam, I shall be glad to accept such invitation
- If you can organize this Sankirtana party chanting in the parks and in the street, with permit from the authorities, there will be no scarcity of money, and people will be very glad to contribute
- In gladness, the cowherd men enjoyed the great festival by splashing one another's bodies with a mixture of curd, condensed milk, butter and water
- In gladness, the cowherd men enjoyed the great festival by splashing one another's bodies with a mixture of curd, condensed milk, butter and water. They threw butter on one another and smeared it on one another's bodies
- In the evening the report of the preaching work was submitted to the Lord, and He was glad to learn that Nityananda and Haridasa had attempted to deliver such a stupid pair of fellows
- In the Garuda Purana it is stated, "Any person who in gladness sees the worship of the Deity in the temple will obtain the results of kriya-yoga which are described in the Pancaratra scripture"
- In this way He (Krsna) was answering all of the questions of Radharani so cunningly that He gladdened this dearest of the gopis
- Lord Balarama said, "I shall be glad to award him anything else you may ask. I shall be very glad to grant all these boons to fulfill your desires"
- Lord Caitanya has given us the task to spread His message all over the world, and any process which may be useful for facilitating this business, that we shall gladly adopt, never mind his zone or my zone, that is material designation
- On hearing this proposal from Krsna, all the boys became very glad and said, "Certainly, let us all sit down here to take our lunch." They then let loose the calves to eat the soft grass
- Out of His causeless mercy, Krsna had gone to the heavenly kingdom, Amaravati, to present King Indra with his mother's earrings, which had been lost to Bhaumasura, and Indra had been very glad to receive them
- People will be glad to read such articles in this country. At the same time, people in India will be glad to learn that Krishna Consciousness is being preached in western countries
- Personally, he (Pariksit Maharaja) was very humble and meek, but he expressed his gladness that Lord Krsna was very kind to his grandfathers, the sons of Pandu, especially his own grandfather, Arjuna
- Please accept all my blessings for the newcomer for whom we shall be very glad to receive just after a few months. Please take care of your health so that the child may grow very healthy and become Krishna Conscious
- Presently arrangements are being made for me to go to Moscow, Russia. We have one invitation to speak in the university there. If I see that you are understanding our philosophy, then I shall be glad to take you with me to Russia for preaching work
- Presently I am in L.A. and everything is very nice here. You will be glad to know that I have again begun my translating work and have sent five tapes to Satsvarupa thus far
- Since a long time I have not heard from you, so I will be glad to hear from you about your temple and Sankirtana activities
- Some of them (the cowherd boys) gladly followed the peacocks and imitated the onomatopoetic sounds of the cuckoo. While the birds were flying in the sky, the boys ran after the birds’ shadows along the ground and tried to follow their exact courses
- The demigods could understand that the Lord had taken His residence within the womb of Devaki to fulfill His vow, and they were very glad that the Lord was appearing in order to fulfill His mission
- The Gurudeva said, "I am glad to see that bona fide students like you (Krsna and Sudama) will undergo any kind of trouble for the satisfaction of the spiritual master"
- The intelligent men, or the brahmanas specifically engaged in the service of the Lord, were properly maintained without anxiety for the needs of the body, and the King and other householders gladly looked after all their comforts
- The Lord (Balarama) thus placed Himself in the position of an ordinary ksatriya and informed the sages that He did not know in what way He could atone for His killing of Romaharsana, but whatever they would suggest He would be glad to accept
- There is an instance when Sahadeva, the younger brother of Nakula, became greatly gladdened at seeing the effulgent glowing of Krsna's footprints
- These devotees are compared to swans, ducks and bees. The river's flowing produces a melodious sound that gladdens their ears
- When a disciple very perfectly makes progress in spiritual life, this gladdens the spiritual master, who then also smiles in ecstasy, thinking, "How successful my disciple has become!"
- When all of the devotees saw the mercy of the Lord upon the two brothers, they were very much gladdened, and they began to chant the holy name of the Lord, "Hari! Hari"
- Yes, the plan you have sited for the lake and island is approved by me. I am very glad that you are doing this work and since the work started on September 8th, it is already going on
- You will be glad to hear I am feeling 80-90% fit again. I am translating, lecturing and taking morning walk and eating regularly
- You will be glad to know also that my Gita under the title of Gitopanisad, or Bhagavad-gita as it is, is going to be published by Messrs. MacMillan and Co. of New York
- You will be glad to know that I have been admitted in your country as permanent resident (Immigration Visa) under ordained Religious Minister and it is learnt that my initiated students may be saved from the military service
- You will be glad to know that I have got now 8 branches, in USA, and Canada. Next, I am going to Europe and shall open branches in London, in Amsterdam, Munich, and Sweden, and that is my program
- You will be glad to know that I have received your mangos just yesterday and they were so first class. Thank you very much. Now they are all finished
- You will be glad to know that Jayananda is purchasing a nice house for San Francisco & I hope I shall get the Permanent Visa also
- You will be glad to know that Mr. George Harrison has contributed the entire cost of publishing Krishna, and we are going to publish it very soon in Japan with various pictures
- You will be glad to know that our the super most contribution to the world, namely, Teachings of Lord Caitanya, is coming out very soon
- You will be glad to know that we lost our Hollywood temple, but by Grace of Krishna we have got a better place at a cheaper rent already on the Melrose avenue
- You'll be glad to know that even my in young age or early age - it was Krsna's grace - even amongst my young friends, I was considered the leader